Old 20th June 2006, 00:56   #1
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Airsoft guns

My cousin Justin and I are gun enthusiasts...Having a gun just to have one is fine enough with us, even if we had nowhere to fire one off at...We've got our eyes on a nifty Magnum Research Desert Eagle that a Bass Pro Shop in Clarksville, IN has, but that's a pretty damn expensive gun...We could sign up for the US Army if we wanted an M4 Carbine that badly, but we have no physical place in protecting our country, and our lives aren't worth an assult rifle...FPS is fun (My cousin wastes much of his life with Call of Duty and Counter-Strike; I'll make my purchase from Steam and throw my life away soon enough too ), but games can only go so far...We could always shoot each other with my little brother's Nerf guns, but the whole bright orange/blue and foamy stuff is fun, but kinda kills the excitement...

We need to get ourselves some airsoft guns badly... Louisville sucks, though, because there isn't a damn store that isn't a couple hours drive that carry them (Or at least replicas of the cool guns, like the M4, AK-47, Desert Eagle, etc.)...A friend of my cousin buys his stuff online...I would too, but I don't really know of any good, reliable sites...

Are there any airsoft enthusiasts that can point me in a direction (Besides eBay)?

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2006, 01:14   #2
tuckerm
Forum Emo

Walmart

actully www.airsplat.com
tuckerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2006, 01:18   #3
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to k_rock923
perhaps paintball?

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
k_rock923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2006, 03:35   #4
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
screw airsoft, those are only for firing YOURSELF, not for being fired at with, you'll get plenty of little tiny round welts in no time, trust me...

besides these are pretty frightening the first time you get hit with one

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2006, 04:07   #5
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally posted by Too-DAMN-Much
screw airsoft, those are only for firing YOURSELF, not for being fired at with, you'll get plenty of little tiny round welts in no time, trust me...
Don't run naked or make sure they don't fire on you at point blank...

Paintball's out of the question, since I don't like getting messy, and I need something that can double as "pest control"...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 20th June 2006, 07:06   #6
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightViper88
make sure they don't fire on you at point blank...
why not?

Old 20th June 2006, 08:32   #7
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Because you're being a crybaby...

"Whaa, the welts!"

Old 20th June 2006, 09:59   #8
protegechris
Forum Queen

Airsoft Elite MP5-A4. That gun was my right hand man.

As far as ordering, either AirSplat.com or shortyusa.com . Those are the sites I used.

It gets expensive, however. I carried a relatively cheap loadout.

Cheap Paintball mask - $20
Goggles instead because the mask was too big to use the guns sights - $10
Airsoft Elite MP5-A4 - $235
Battery - $25
Charger - $25
UTG M87LA Shotgun - $40
UHC USP Springer Pistol - $20
BBs (i bought a shitload of BBs.. like 60 thousand ;P) - $50
3point sling - $16

Almost $500 and I only had one actual good gun.

yeah, i'm back.
protegechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2006, 10:06   #9
InvisableMan
Ninja Master!
(Forum King)

Where I have bought most of my airsoft arsenal, including, but not nearly limited to, my baby, a heavily modified Classic Army M15A4 and my shortly to arrive Tokyo Marui MP7A1

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com

All my accessories I'm lucky enough to be able to buy from a local airsoft store,
AirsoftExtreme

[edit]Everything else I can buy for cheap (vests, mag holders, slings, armor, whatever) from all the military/camping surplus stores around here. One within walking distance from where I live. It's all good.[/edit]

I'd like to list my full collection, but I'm lazy. Needless to say, I've wasted much too much money on airsoft. Oh well.
InvisableMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2006, 19:09   #10
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Much of my money would probably go into the guns instead of equipment...I have a couple uncles that were once in the US Army, so I could always borrow their stuff if need be...

Old 20th June 2006, 21:50   #11
rockouthippie
Banned

I remember before the days of paint ball, that we used to use Daisy bb guns. They would almost break the skin and leave a good welt on your opponent. We did wear safety glasses.

The "flame thrower" was a pump up fire extinguisher full of paint.

Ah the wars in the walnut orchards...... My cousin faced the war crimes tribunal and was found guilty of shooting below the belt. The penalty?. Getting dropped into the fertilizer spreader..... He smelled like a cowpie for a week....

Perhaps a little more violent than paintball. It was capture the flag. The best target?. Right in the shins. Even a daisy bb gun would drop you if you hit someone right in the shins or the back of the calf.

We didn't need referees...... just counted bruises..... It was a gentlemens sport though. No shooting above the chest or from the knee to the waist. These were the responsible safety rules of my dad and his brother.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 20th June 2006 at 22:13.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2006, 22:18   #12
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

sounds like how my dad me and my bro would have roman candle wars... no shooting below the belt, and don't aim for the face, only other rule was, if you see someone else, run AND shoot.

Old 9th July 2006, 03:31   #13
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by InvisableMan

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com
t3h w00t

I did some random Google searching for Western Arms airsoft guns for their SVI 1911 models, specifically the Limited 6" model, since I'm a fan of the real-life gun (6" barrel, double-stack magazine that holds 26 rounds of 9mm/19 rounds of .45 ACP), but I came up with dead results...Or at least as I stood as an American resident, since all sites that did carry them were based in the UK or Japan and don't cater to the North American Market...

Browsing RedWolf's stock of WA guns out of boredom, I still didn't find what I was looking for, but it's close enough; I found an Expert 6" model instead...$206 is a pretty good price for the gun itself too...

The moment they have one in stock, I'm getting my gun and stuff there...

Old 9th July 2006, 05:36   #14
fastingaciu
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by protegechris
Airsoft Elite MP5-A4. That gun was my right hand man.

As far as ordering, either AirSplat.com or shortyusa.com . Those are the sites I used.

It gets expensive, however. I carried a relatively cheap loadout.

Cheap Paintball mask - $20
Goggles instead because the mask was too big to use the guns sights - $10
Airsoft Elite MP5-A4 - $235
Battery - $25
Charger - $25
UTG M87LA Shotgun - $40
UHC USP Springer Pistol - $20
BBs (i bought a shitload of BBs.. like 60 thousand ;P) - $50
3point sling - $16

Almost $500 and I only had one actual good gun.
You forgot to add: shoot your enemy in his ball with a shotgun - priceless

Those who can do, do; those who can't do, teach.
fastingaciu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2006, 06:59   #15
QuadHeliX
Major Dude

anyone watch the movie failure to launch?

I love the little paintball course they got in there. Looks like it would be pretty easy to make one for a bunch of people with Blow up barriers.
QuadHeliX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2006, 20:04   #16
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

GAWD! Look at this Inokatsu M60 I stumbled across a while ago...

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...p?prodID=21370

If the intimidation factor is a priority for you in airsoft, this is your machine gun!

Old 21st October 2006, 20:44   #17
dlichterman
Forum King

Yeah, I was going to buy an airsoft gun, but then I quit my job and I need to save money for alcohol when my parents go on vacation

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free.-*-If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0-*-Guess the band from pics game
dlichterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2006, 03:26   #18
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Myar! My Crosman Stinger R34...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...rosmanR341.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...rosmanR342.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...rosmanR343.jpg

Got it at Dick's for $50...It's modeled after the AR-15/M4 Carbine...It's a pretty decent airsoft, since Crosman is pretty good with their BB guns...It's a plastic construction, but with the accessories you attach on it's RIS, it feels weighted (4.5lbs is pretty weighted for something of it's build)...Because of it's RIS, I could attach real SOPMOD/MWS accessories to it if I wanted to, but then again, why would I...

The reflex sight and LED light are fully functional...Both the reflex sight and iron sights are accurate as well...The folding stock can expand, contract, or even taken off completly...It's spring-loaded bolt action, so it has to be cocked every shot, but I'm use to this kind of stuff after my little half brother's Daisy Red Ryder (With is a penumatic pump action rifle)...

It holds about 17 rounds with 400 in the resevoir inside the magazine...It shoots between 200-300fps with .12g BBs...It can only dent a can from a distance, but will put a hole through it at point blank...I just shot myself in the theigh a while ago to see what kind of damage it could do to someone...It left a mark that'll be there in the morning...

It's fun to dick around with...I'm not a serious airsofter, but it still looks cool and is fun to plink shit with...Only thing I gotta do is paint that orange flash suppressor black and I'm good to go...

Old 29th October 2006, 04:36   #19
dlichterman
Forum King

Can you post some links to it online. I have not decided on what to be but I was thinking either swat, or NEO, or something along those lines that involves guns. Ideas welcomed

edit: or i could google like the retard i am. Sweet though.

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free.-*-If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0-*-Guess the band from pics game
dlichterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2006, 10:16   #20
ultranet

What is NEO???
ultranet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2006, 02:02   #21
InvisableMan
Ninja Master!
(Forum King)

Quote:
GAWD! Look at this Inokatsu M60 I stumbled across a while ago...

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...p?prodID=21370

If the intimidation factor is a priority for you in airsoft, this is your machine gun!
That is nothing compared to the greatest airsoft legend...

The Asahi M134 Minigun

They have been out of production for ages, It's hard to find any info on them and even harder to find someone who owns one. Not many got to America, but I've seen one in person, and I can only imagine the pain that it would bring to a group of people hiding in brush.
Old 31st October 2006, 02:18   #22
ScorLibran
Resident Floydian

Whoa! That thing's baddass.

I'm a psychosomatic sister running around without a leash.
ScorLibran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2006, 03:09   #23
squakMix
wwwyzzerdd
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by ScorLibran
Whoa! That thing's baddass.
squakMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2006, 03:12   #24
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Someone showed that to me...

Either way, with that kind of money, you could buy a real gun, and for $8000, that minigun tops out on the retardedness level for airsofts...

Old 31st October 2006, 03:13   #25
ScorLibran
Resident Floydian

Christmas present for a millionaire's teenage son, perhaps?

I'm a psychosomatic sister running around without a leash.
ScorLibran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2006, 05:14   #26
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

do they make automatic (fully or semi) airsoft guns that DO NOT REQUIRE CO2??

Old 31st October 2006, 05:30   #27
InvisableMan
Ninja Master!
(Forum King)

Quote:
Someone showed that to me...

Either way, with that kind of money, you could buy a real gun, and for $8000, that minigun tops out on the retardedness level for airsofts...
You'd be lucky to buy one for only 8000.... Having an Asahi M134 automatically propells you to godly-celebrity status in the airsoft community. I certianly would not want to sell mine, since it goes up drastically in value every year, and not alot of the new people in the airsoft community have even heard of the old companies.

Of course, it's not just the Asahi M134, that is just the king of the hill for the classic airsoft firearms. I am quite satisfied with a JAC Browning Automatic Rifle that I picked up for 800 (a steal at twice the price) off of some Korean airsoft website that sold old guns. I've been looking for an Asahi WA2000 (Almost as rare as the minigun) but I doubt that I'd be able to afford it, even if I did find one, unless it was for a rediculously cheap price like the BAR was.

The BAR is easily the highest quality and best performing airsoft gun I've ever held or used. It's almost a work of art, it's trueness to the real steel BAR. Considering it's weight, there is still a noticable amount of recoil when you shoot it (which is nonexistant in AEGs and alot of other gas rifles) and it's really fun to use.

It may seem silly to most people (even avid airsofters) to buy these old guns, but untill you've actually used a JAC/Asahi airsoft gun you have no idea what the quality of performance compared to the newer companies. JAC and Asahi used full metal and wood, even real steel parts for some things, and the quality of all of the internals (Even though BV rigs are pretty cumberome) is exquisite, even though they are several years old. I'd say Classic Army is the only high end manufacturer who can compare to the performance/quality ratio that the old companies had. Even then, they require modifications to really shine. Maruzen is another good example, as Maruzen has been around forever as well, and they still make exquisite (arguably the best) handguns currently on the market.

Where was I going with this?

Oh, right.

I miss Asahi and JAC.

If you're in the market for airsoft stuff, I reccomend Classic Army for AEGs, Maruzen for sidearms, Marushin for classic weapons (WW2, etc.), Toyo Marui and Classic Army for SMGs, Tanaka and Maruzen for sniper rifles, *definately* Maruzen for shotguns (the CA870 is unrivaled, and the pistol grip version is a must-have for the price), Tokyo Marui for spring guns, CAW and Classic Army for launchers. Get hicap magazines for your AEGs, and the biggest batteries you can. Carry an extra can of gas with you (Incase you have a seal freeze up and you dump an entire magazine of gas after 3 shots... It happens.) and *invest* in good face protection. And keep your mouth covered. Getting shot in the mouth sucks. Trust me.

[edit]
Quote:
Originally posted by Too-DAMN-Much
do they make automatic (fully or semi) airsoft guns that DO NOT REQUIRE CO2??
Yes. They are called AEGs.
[/edit]
Old 28th January 2007, 08:17   #28
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...d/M4-M1911.jpg

Recently got a Smith & Wesson M4505 (M1911) pistol to go with my Crosman M4 airsoft rifle...

Yeah, I'm a bit of a US military nut...

Old 28th January 2007, 17:23   #29
tuckerm
Forum Emo

Nice, I haven't added anything to my collection lately : /
tuckerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 23:16   #30
chaddboyz

You might also want to check out http://www.airsoftstation.com. They have good prices and a much better return policy than airsplat.
chaddboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2008, 06:37   #31
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
I had no idea that kind of money went into airsoft. My entire arsenal of real guns (old .38 pistol, 20 and 12 gauge double barrel shotguns, 270 deer rifle) probably wouldn't even add up to $1,000.00 resale value, let alone $8,000.00

That's just nuts.

It would be funny to see paint ball splats on deer though.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2008, 08:09   #32
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Hmm...In retrospect, I wonder why I was so gung-ho over airsoft...Yeah, my airsofts are fun for bedroom can plinking, but I don't think I had any real motivation to pursue airsoft as a sport once I actually bought myself some airsoft guns...So much for that...

I guess I got demotivated by how expensive some of the more quality airsofts are (Which are still essentially toys) once I started browsing through some websites...It's why $50 was the most I would pay for my Crosman M4 airsoft, since I just liked it for it's aesthetics, kind of like owning a scale model of a car...

The price factor was further solidified when I went to the Bass Pro Shop in Clarksville, Indiana and saw what it would take to buy a real firearm...$500 for a 9mm Jericho 941? I'd have to be 21 in Kentucky to own one, but at one point I was seriously contemplating throwing down $200 for a CO2 airsoft...

To be fair with myself, though, the $200 airsoft I'm talking about is a Western Arms pistol modeled after an SVI 1911 that, if ordered in the 6" barrel with a double-stack mag chambered for .45 ACP, would normally fetch for $2000+...Yeah, both the airsoft and the real thing are unaffordable in my current financial status, so that's a lose-lose...

I guess that's why you can get yourself a regular Springfield 1911 for $800...

Old 21st September 2008, 14:00   #33
P$ycHo™
Flakmonkey!

$2000... you get a pretty fine computer for that money.
just play some egoshooters, cheaper :P
P$ycHo™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2008, 14:24   #34
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Bass Pro Shops have very good variety and high-quality stuff, but gun prices there can be beat by a quick trip to a gun show or by just being friends with fellow gun enthusiasts who know of people buying/selling. Personally, I'd rather just stick with something that can spit out an inexpensive bucket of .22LR bullets for a day. I forgot to mention my 10-22 rifle - it's a straight-shooting gun that can shoot for a long time without breaking the bank even despite being semi-automatic. Something like this can give you recreational shooting for probably around $200.00 - if not new then used.

The above plastic clip was an after-market purchase. The stock model comes with a 10-round clip that is a little strange in that it stores the bullets almost in a revolver style arrangement.

Here's the label, in case you were curious:

Old 21st September 2008, 14:32   #35
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

shit. failed edit. hit quote and didn't realize before submitting. carry on.

Old 21st September 2008, 15:52   #36
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by swingdjted
Bass Pro Shops have very good variety and high-quality stuff, but gun prices there can be beat by a quick trip to a gun show or by just being friends with fellow gun enthusiasts who know of people buying/selling.
Oh, I know; There's a gun show that runs through the Freedom Hall expo center in Louisville quite frequently...

For less than the price of two Jericho 941s from Bass Pro Shops, I've found some nice-looking Panther Arms and Bushmaster AR-15 copies at the gun show that I'd like to invest in after college (Lest the government tries to take away my firearms between now and then )...

Hell, I'll probably look into a good lever-action .30-30 rifle to tide me over, like what my dad has...

Old 21st September 2008, 16:56   #37
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

The first rifle I ever hunted deer with was a was a 30-30 (don't remember brand). I got a decent sized doe with it. Good gun, but it wasn't mine - borrowed from a friend.

Luckily I don't think either of the presidential candidates care about changing gun laws. I'm a rather liberal person but I still very much support my right to bear arms, and I do believe that there are enough other people in the democratic party that say the same to keep things the way they are now.

Old 21st September 2008, 21:47   #38
P$ycHo™
Flakmonkey!

politicians even have problems with kids with airsoft guns here...
P$ycHo™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2008, 22:50   #39
General Geoff
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to General Geoff Send a message via AIM to General Geoff
10/22 is a neat gun to be sure, but a lot of aftermarket magazines tend to jam a lot, especially when they get dirty (and .22lr is quite dirty). That's why I like my Walther G22, the mags are much easier to clean. It also points better for me.

General Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2008, 02:01   #40
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by General Geoff
aftermarket magazines tend to jam a lot
You're right on that one. If I'm out shooting targets for a long time with the cheap plastic clip, I might have to pull the clip and either slap the side of it or help the revolving mechanism, which is pretty easy to do, but a bit of a speed bump.

The little 10-clip that came with the gun has never jammed on me, and I'll bet if that plastic one were a more expensive metal one, it would be fine too.

When hunting I use the little one, because I have never been in a hunting situation where I needed more than 3 shots. Actually, most of the time, hunters that I know either make a clean shot on the first bullet or miss altogether with all shots. That plastic thing is more just for peppering cans and bottles.

I bash airsoft guns, but a better look back reminds me that I once occasionally used a friend's spring-loaded bb pistol. I saw the word "air" in airsoft and forgot that it included spring load in addition to pump-ups and CO2. I find these rather dangerous considering how far the little metal pellets we used bounced off just about anything they hit could end up hitting unexpected things like pets or cars where they'd chip paint or possibly glass. They're definitely not for places where a ricochet could harm something/someone.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions