Old 4th December 2011, 21:06   #1
incubus442

Paltalk Shoutcast Room setup help

I do an internet radio shoutcast show for a website called www.dementiaradio.org and I was interested in setting up a shoutcast room in paltalk so that the shoutcast audio stream from Dementiaradio would broadcast 24 hours a day, but I was told by Paltalk to contact shoutcast because I would probably need a to be issued a license to do this. If anyone could help me out in regards to this, I would REALLY appreciate it. What I need to know is how to do it and if it costs anything to get a license.

--> Mark
incubus442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2011, 21:21   #2
DrO

license for doing what exactly? if it's your stream then you can use direct links to the DNAS in other things without re-using the SHOUTcast Directory listing. you would have to ensure that you follow any appropriate licensing for broadcasting your stream according to where you're broadcasting but this is not something to do with SHOUTcast itself (we just provide broadcasting tools / means to be listed in a searchable Directory, but do not do anything with enforcing that people are following what needs to be done when broadcasting).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2011, 00:03   #3
incubus442

Shoutcast license

The tech guy at paltalk told me that I would probably need permission, or a license from shoutcast to set up a Dementia Radio shoutcast room on paltalk. Since the shoutcast rooms on paltalk are controlled by nullsoft, creating a room in that part of paltalk is easier said than done. I think that the rooms are created by shoutcast themselves. I can create a room of my own in the other parts of Paltalk, but it's different in the shoutcast rooms.
Old 5th December 2011, 00:08   #4
DrO

right, well that wasn't what you mentioned in the first post which comes across as wanting to use the stream for some sort of chat room type thing.

i've never heard of paltalk before (and has never been mentioned during the year i've been working on the SHOUTcast tools) so i really don't know what it is / isn't or what it's meant to be doing or even how it's meant to relate to SHOUTcast.

-daz
Old 5th December 2011, 01:34   #5
incubus442

Paltalk

All I can say is check out www.paltalk.com and download the software. It is free to join. After you install it, log in and check out the shoutcast rooms. There are several of them. You enter the room and the music automatically starts playing. Those are the rooms that I am referring to. I would like to set up a room designated to Dementia Radio where people can do and listen to the audio stream.

http://www.shoutcast.com/Internet-Ra...mentia%20radio

Paltalk allows for people to set up there own personal chat rooms, but I have not found a way to set up a room in the shoutcast area of paltalk.

--> Mark
Old 5th December 2011, 10:46   #6
DrO

if you're the person running the station then personally i don't see why paltalk are being funny about allowing you to create a chatroom for it.

as no one on the team has ever mentioned anything about paltalk then i'm somewhat dubious about the requirement they are asking and as i've no idea, all i can suggest is use the feedback form on the site and see if anyone else on the team will give you an answer about it (not guaranteed but is the best way without me having to spend time asking myself instead of actually doing work on the tools / platform).

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions

Tags
paltalk; shoutcast room;