Old 8th July 2012, 09:04   #1
bkong

Ways of Adding Music? I need a simple answer...

It's a simple question, with a hopefully simple answer. I used Itunes before, and when I downloaded an mp3 or opened any file, it would automatically add it to my Music folder (the equivalent of my "rescan" folder in WA). It was so easy to just drag and drop files, and have them automatically added to my one Music folder. Winamp, does not do this, and adds the songs to the library, but keeps their original location. this means lots of different folders...
I tried adding mp3's saved to my downloads or my desktop, and usually if I drag and drop into itunes, it is added automatically and copied, so I can delete my desktop/downloads copy. I if i do this in winamp, it just creates a big mess of my library and music folder, with me having to rescan for missing files every minute etc.
Also, adding the folder/mp3 directly to my music folder and rescanning it works, but not if I download a single mp3 and have it opened by winamp. Also, in Itunes, it would organize my folders in "my music" folder by artist or it would create a folder and rename it by the artist. I don't want to go renaming each folder manually...

So is there an option to effectively recreate the squence of 1. dragging a file into winamp 2. winamp copies the file and places it into my music folder, and organizes it/scans it 3. I can delete the first copy
bkong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2012, 19:16   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi bkong,

The simple answer is that Winamp does not move your files around. I like it that way. But there is a 4 year old plug-in that does some of what you want. I have not used it, so can't say how well or poorly it works. I do not think it will handle drag and drop the way you want, but it should create folders and move files to them. Link below is to its download page on the main site. I suggest you read all the reviews. It will require some setup, so it is not an 'install and go' solution. It is reported to work best with files that contain proper basic tags.

http://www.winamp.com/plugin/media-l...ganizer/208686

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.1 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v20H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion