Old 13th May 2016, 15:42   #1
mattauckland

Registering Auth hash at rmo

Hi,

I've just registered my existing server at rmo.shoutcast.com, and filled out the details and current auth hash.

I've just got a quick question. Does that site support 2 mounting points, as I have 2 streams on my server using the same auth hash, one is MP3 128 Kbps, and the other is AAC+ 48 Kbps.

Also during the sign up, the registration page only asked for the server url, but didn't ask for the mounting point, i.e. /1

It wasn't till I tested the player on the listing, that I realise it should've include the mounting point too. You might want to update the registration to show that.
mattauckland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2016, 16:52   #2
Bryon Stout

what is rmo.shoutcast.com ?
Bryon Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2016, 16:56   #3
djSpinnerCee
Forum King

if the streams are different bitrates they should have their own authhash.
djSpinnerCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2016, 22:48   #4
mattauckland

Not according to the official manuals. If the streams are for the same station, but different bitrates, they use the same auth hash. Hence why they're listed in the YP directory ok.

rmo.shoutcast.com is RadioManager, and "seems to be" where you can manage your station listing, and the advertising features.
Old 13th May 2016, 23:15   #5
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Yes, you should put the full stream url in the stream url field, ie. ip:port/stream or ip:port/stream/2/ etc.
If there's only one stream on the dnas, then the mountpoint isn't so essential...

You can edit it in the RMO, btw, via: Streams > [Stream]

I think the text in the official manual needs updating, tbh.
I would recommend using a different authhash if the file format & bitrate are different.

It would definitely be required if you ever wanted to monetize both streams.
Though monetization (i.e. generating revenue via ad-triggering) is optional.
For DNAS 2.5 stations, you can either trigger the ads, or not.
It's only for the SHOUTcast Streaming Service (SCSS) stations where we make it obligatory, as we are hosting those streams.

But yes, to add another stream of the same station in a different format & bitrate (i.e. AAC 64kbps instead of MP3 128kbps), then you would need to add/create a new station in the RMO (via the drop-down menu in the top left corner of the RMO)... which means they can't have the exact same name, so the mp3 128k stream could be named e.g. Awesome Radio, and the aac 64k stream could be named e.g. Awesome Radio (64k), or whatever...

Yes, it's not ideal, but we will be supporting the adding of different nodes of the same cluster (ie. same station name, stream, format & bitrate) all under one station entry in the near future.

Other than that, if the authhash is the same, and you don't want to monetize your station, then you only really need to register one stream with that authhash....

@Bryon Stout
http://shoutcast.com/BroadcastNow > Register

which lets you create an account via accounts.shoutcast.com and register/manage stations via rmo.shoutcast.com

Basically, there's been a soft/silent DNAS 2.5 release.
2.5.1 will probably be the officially announced one..... we shall see....
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2016, 23:45   #6
mattauckland

Oh right, in that case I'll leave it as just one stream for the moment.

I was hoping registering would allow me to change the genre in YP, but unfortunately it didn't update the YP which still shows the station as House, and not Dance. Made me think that what I had registered for was separate to the YP listings.

I did first of all change the genre in the encoder, mAirList in my case, but that didn't update the server or YP either. Even after a reboot of the software.

But I understand from DrO that v2 doesn't do that anymore.
Old 14th May 2016, 00:27   #7
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Hmm, we'll need to fix that.
You should be able to change the main genre via the RMO and for it to be auto-updated in the DNAS & YP.
Though the original idea was for the station to be listed under all 5 chosen genres....heh.

Anyway... I've updated it for you :-)

If anyone else comes across the same problem...

http://help.winamp.com/customer/portal/emails/new

Be sure to include account email address, station name, station url & desired main genre (or 5 genre list in order of preference).
Old 14th May 2016, 01:58   #8
mattauckland

You're awesome, thanks DJ Egg!
Old 14th May 2016, 02:37   #9
Bryon Stout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post

@Bryon Stout
http://shoutcast.com/BroadcastNow > Register

which lets you create an account via accounts.shoutcast.com and register/manage stations via rmo.shoutcast.com

Basically, there's been a soft/silent DNAS 2.5 release.
2.5.1 will probably be the officially announced one..... we shall see....

wow really? Hmm I just tried to sign up. Its said my user name was taken (no way someone else took it and I dont remember signing up). I submitted a forgot password request and it said it sent it to my email but I didnt get anything. Nothing is in my spam folder either.

oh and just saw this..

"SHOUTcast versions prior to 2.0 are over 10 years old and will not be supported and will be delisted from the Website, YellowPages and API soon. Version 2.0 or better is required to retain your SHOUTcast listing. Make sure you’re on a SHOUTcast 2.0 (or newer) server to take advantage of the latest in streaming technology."

Stoked those rogue stations with fake stats will finally be gone although this will be a cluster fuck for those older guys who have had their stream on auto pilot for years on 1.9.8
Old 14th May 2016, 02:41   #10
Bryon Stout

edit.. found the pw reset in my junk mail. I clicked on the link. takes me to add a new password but upon entering a new password the page just refreshes.
Old 14th May 2016, 04:30   #11
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryon Stout View Post
edit.. found the pw reset in my junk mail. I clicked on the link. takes me to add a new password but upon entering a new password the page just refreshes.

Hmm....really? That can't be right.

Send me a PM with the username and associated email address.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support