Old 1st April 2020, 06:59   #1
StarBank

Problem with the WinAmp 5.8 beta...

It seems like ever since I got the WinAmp 5.8 beta installed, here & there, when I've enabled normal mode in the playlist editor (after I've switched to windowshade mode) after a song is done playing, in order to either remove the song from the playlist or add another, the program's error reporter notification shows up, then after a few seconds, it closes.

I never had this happen with the v5.666. And, I don't know why it happens when it does.
StarBank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2020, 07:01   #2
StarBank

Oh, and to add on to the issue I'm having, whenever I want to return the playlist editor to normal mode, I have to press the button combo of "Alt+E" on my keyboard to enable the playlist editor before I can return it to normal mode.
Old 2nd April 2020, 11:47   #3
The1_Freeman

Just go with 5.666 or WACUP, both don't exhibit this problem
The1_Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2020, 05:35   #4
StarBank

Well, since I've had to deal with WinAmp every so often launching the error reporter after I would maximize the playlist pretty much since I installed the 5.8 beta, I did end up deciding to uninstall the 5.8 beta and decided to go back to the 5.666 version.

What I would like to know: has anyone tried the WACUP version? And, if so, what's their opinion of it?
Old 4th April 2020, 16:44   #5
The1_Freeman

I'm using it as my daily driver and can tell you that WACUP is what Winamp is at this moment dreaming to be, alive in development and full of features and bug fixes.
You can have a look at the changelogs here or here to sort of get an impression of what's going on, or you can download it and play with it.
The1_Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2020, 10:37   #6
StarBank

Well, I suppose I'll try out WACUP to see how it is compared to WinAmp.
Old 27th April 2020, 06:29   #7
StarBank

Well, I tried out your suggestion of downloading, installing, & using WACUP myself.

With the exception of a random, one-time event (maybe a week ago or so, don't remember anymore what caused the problem), I've had no problems whatsoever using WACUP.

Truth be told, it seems like WACUP (as well as 5.666 before I started using WACUP) has worked better for me than the 5.8 beta did. And, I anticipate continuing to use WACUP until the next stable version of WinAmp gets released, then I'll try that against WACUP & see which one works better for me.

So, until the next stable WinAmp release, I'm gonna enjoy using WACUP.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support