Old 17th April 2007, 05:06   #1
TstebinsB

Files play overlapped or on permanent repeat

When I play video files on Winamp, the file will start to play just fine. In the middle of it, another video gets injected into the original playing video. So now I have two different video files playing at once in the same video window. Usually, the second video overlaps the first video in a corner. This happens with my audio files as well; I'll start to play one song then it just switches to another song. In both cases, I haven't changed files. It's the same file playing another video or audio file

In the second scenario, a video file will start to play. I move the slider and the slider moves just fine. The problem is that the video file repeats the original moment. For example, let's say 10 seconds into a video file I decide to move the slider to 1 minute. The video should obviously change but it plays what was playing at 10 seconds. If I move it to 15 minutes, it still plays what was playing at 10 seconds.

These same files play without any issues in Windows Media Player 11. What am I supposed to do?!?! Thanks.
TstebinsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2007, 21:19   #2
siebe83
Forum King

More info (read this!) would be useful.

You may want to try a clean install of Winamp 5.33.

If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2007, 15:44   #3
TstebinsB

I doubt a clean install would do it because I installed Winamp after two clean installs of Windows XP. I hadn't even gone online yet when I installed them.
Old 18th April 2007, 16:22   #4
TstebinsB

I figured it out for the videos. There was something wrong with Elecard Mpeg2 Demultiplexer. I changed the settings and all videos work perfectly. Now I have to figure out what audio codec is the problem.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support