Old 3rd June 2000, 00:31   #1
Spiff

hi, i've 2 questions.
1) regarding the volume, does it follow the volume control panel or the overall volume from all sources? i can control my volume at the speakers as well as at the volume control. the reason i'm asking is because my users are complaining the music is soft. i've tried adjusting all to no avail.

2) regarding the mic, it seems that the mic is always on. i've had to mute it out from the control panel. the plugin is really nifty, but it's not working at the enduser level as it is at the broadcaster level. bummer.

anybody has any clues what's going on and possible solutions?

i'm on a pIII 450/256mb running windows98r2, winamp 2.6, DSP SHOUTcast Source for Winamp v1.5.0b2, shoutcast server v1.6.0.rc2.

thanks in advance.
Old 3rd June 2000, 04:57   #2
Spiff

hi. me again.

I don't know how, but after turning off all instances of having the mic on, the volume for the broadcast seems to be fixed. ..and half the question i asked has been solved, since i know adjusting the volume on my speakers doesn't alter the volume at the enduser point.

still couldn't get the mic voiceover working properly though. must be just me.
Old 4th June 2000, 09:25   #3
Stevie_D

Spiff me tooo get in touch...

sdampf@yahoo.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spiff:
hi, i've 2 questions.
1) regarding the volume, does it follow the volume control panel or the overall volume from all sources? i can control my volume at the speakers as well as at the volume control. the reason i'm asking is because my users are complaining the music is soft. i've tried adjusting all to no avail.

2) regarding the mic, it seems that the mic is always on. i've had to mute it out from the control panel. the plugin is really nifty, but it's not working at the enduser level as it is at the broadcaster level. bummer.

i'm on a pIII 450/256mb running windows98r2, winamp 2.6, DSP SHOUTcast Source for Winamp v1.5.0b2, shoutcast server v1.6.0.rc2.

thanks in advance.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 5th June 2000, 04:59   #4
Xiaos

If you use the Winamp Equilizer you can adjust the volume of your broadcast by adjusting the PREAMP setting, works great. PS you can also correct songs that have too much bass/trebble by making the change on the equilizer then going to PRESETS and saving auto load preset (for each song you can have a different EQ setting). Make sure you press the AUTO and ON button on the EQ To enable the EQ and Auto Load Preset.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spiff:
hi, i've 2 questions.

thanks in advance.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions