Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist

Old 14th February 2012, 09:47   #1
kzuse

Send a message via ICQ to kzuse Send a message via Skype™ to kzuse
(Global) Hotkey to toggle on/off Manual Playlist Advance

Dear Winamp Dev Team,

I sometimes want to toggle the "Manual playlist advance" feature on or of, as it provides a quite comfortable way to implement a "Repeat One" behavior (in opposite to the "Repeat All").

I know that the new Bento skins "fake" this when repeatedly clicking the Repeat Button (internally, manual playlist advance is turned off when the "1" icon (Repeat One) is displayed).

As I am using the Classic Skins, but don't want to click through the preferences all the time to toggle this setting, I would find it great to have a Global Hotkey to turn on or off this feature.

I already searched the list of definable Features in the "Global Hotkeys" preferences, but unfortunately, this feature isn't listed there.

So my question is, could you please consider implementing this, if it is possible?

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards,
kzuse
kzuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 14:27   #2
DrO

replied via http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...04&postcount=8 though nothing has been stopping someone from making a specific hotkey plug-in to do this ever since 5.0 was released (seeing as how the native hotkeys plug-in purposefully provided an api for allowing it to be expanded).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2012, 11:47   #3
kzuse

Send a message via ICQ to kzuse Send a message via Skype™ to kzuse
Thank you very very much!!!

Also thanks for the hint with Nunzios "Three Mode Repeat" Plug-in - I didn't know that, and I even didn't know the "Shift+R" hotkey although I'm using Winamp for so many years...

But a Global Hotkey built in into Winamp, is certainly better than having to install any third-party plugin (be it the Hotkey extension or Nunzios Three-State Plugin).

So thanks again!
kzuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2012, 11:56   #4
DrO

well as it's adding 1 string resource and one line of code, it's easier to do then for me to make a separate hotkey plug-in to just toggle it or to find out the Three Mode Repeat source code (which is down to me and not Nunzio ) and add it into that plug-in.

though for some hotkey extensions, it is easier to have a separate plug-in which adds / handles the support of the hotkey being added since the native plug-in only does basic actions equivalent of clicking a button or a menu item, whereas most of the ones i've created do something else like additional checks or tracking states, etc so 3rd party hotkey extensions do have a valid place.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist

Tags
advance, global, hotkey, manual, playlist