Old 27th November 2005, 03:23   #1
yuri sakazaki

pause between songs

I'd like to know how to, if possible, remove the pause between songs in winamp. There's probably about a half or one second pause between songs. This is kind of annoying for songs that have multiple tracks but are basically the same song (for example, Pink Floyd's The Happiest Days of Our Lives and Another Brick in the Wall Part 2.) So if there's a way to change it, please tell me. Thanks.
yuri sakazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2005, 03:49   #2
ulillillia

In Winamp's preferences, there is an option to do just that. Go to the plug-ins area, select output, then choose WaveOut. Increase the prebuffer. I recommend at least 500 milliseconds (a half second) but not much more than 1000 milliseconds.

I use this to create seemless looping in my songs.

void BlueWater() {water.color=blue; while(GameRunning) {if (fox.pos == InBlueWater) {fox.air--; FoxDrown(fox.air);} else {fox.air=1800; fox.flags = WantsToGetWet; } WaitFrames(1); }} // My top favorite thing in 2D Sonic (as C)
ulillillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2005, 04:50   #3
yuri sakazaki

Awesome. Thank you. Just wondering: what's the disadvantage of doing over 1000 milliseconds?
yuri sakazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2005, 07:54   #4
ulillillia

It's mainly disadvantageous on low-end sound cards and very high-quality files (such as 96,000 Hz, 24-bit Stereo WAVs) and would otherwise overrun the buffer. My sound card from the 2003 era, seems to have a 4 megabyte buffer. Having a bunch of these sounds running at once would certainly overload the buffer.

I'm not exactly sure on this, however.

void BlueWater() {water.color=blue; while(GameRunning) {if (fox.pos == InBlueWater) {fox.air--; FoxDrown(fox.air);} else {fox.air=1800; fox.flags = WantsToGetWet; } WaitFrames(1); }} // My top favorite thing in 2D Sonic (as C)
ulillillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support