Old 9th December 2006, 19:56   #1
Soloist

Prevent multiple entries in the Playlist

When a Shoutcast radio station is moved to the Playlist Editor, multiple entries result.
Attached Images
File Type: png multiple entries in pl.png (15.9 KB, 158 views)
Soloist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2006, 20:00   #2
DrO

that would break the automatic expansion of playlists when added to the playlist editor and more info was provided by siebe83 here about it. i highly doubt this would happen with the way the core has and currently works.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2006, 22:04   #3
Soloist

Would it be possible for a modification to be made that only affected radio url's?
Old 9th December 2006, 22:15   #4
DrO

the core would have to be altered to do this but the playlist as mentioned auto-parses any valid playlist added into it since that's how it's always worked. now if the playlist worked on added items as single entities and as such could be collapsed to the main item then it would probably suit your needs. however that could potential involve some hefty changes to the playlist editor and with the radio playlist it's not known what/how many entries are in it until it has been downloaded and parsed (which is what the current code is doing). and with the complexity/random design of playlists out in the wild, making a handler that doesn't mess things up for normal playlists wouldn't be all that fun to code up i think. alas i don't think it would happen (but i've been wrong before, heh)

-daz
Old 9th December 2006, 22:33   #5
Soloist

Alas, parts of your reply are too technical for me but I am happy to take your word for it.
Thanks for your very prompt replies.
Regards,
Old 9th December 2006, 22:45   #6
DrO

i could be wrong and maybe it is a simple change but the basic jist is either way it would have to be a core change and i don't think it would be a simple one to do from my understanding of how things currently work.

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist