Old 20th November 2013, 09:10   #1
vaiowong

Turn off "search playlist" ?

I've been trying to switch to using the Local Library instead of a playlist, since I'd like every song in the shuffle. The main reason I've been using playlist instead is because I can put them in any order, so it's quicker and easier to find and play.

I really want to use the search bar to access certain songs faster. But when I play something I found using the search, it only plays what is in that query.

Is there something in the settings to make it so that when I search for songs in the search bar, it will have the entire library in the queue?

Ex. I search for "Invincible." The search narrows it down to around 8 songs because it's an album. I double click "heartbreaker" and it plays that. The next song will be picked at random from the entire library, not from the search results like it is doing now.
vaiowong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 11:48   #2
vaiowong

I'd just like to clarify my problem. I found this feature in Poweramp on Android, and I can phrase it better.

I'd like to be able to search for songs in the library, and make it to shuffle all the songs into the queue instead of only the filtered results.

Please let me know of any ideas you guys have.
Thanks in advance!
Old 23rd November 2013, 12:40   #3
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi vaiowong,

I'm not sure I completely understand, but I believe what you want is possible. The queue listing and the playlist editor listing are not the same thing. Although the queue listing is shown in the Playlist Editor panel/window, it can also be seen separately in the Queue Manager panel/window.

Anyway, you can add all or some of the songs in your collection (library) to a listing in the playlist editor and have these playback in shuffle (random) mode.

While these songs are playing, you can insert 1 or more songs from the queue manager listing into the playlist editor listing for playback after the currently playing song is done. Then once the inserted song or songs are played, playback can continue randomly with the other songs in the playlist editor listing.

Check that the appropriate options are selected in the General Preferences - Jump To File - Queue Options tab (queuing control options). Set up and start your master playlist in the playlist editor, then direct your library search results to the queue instead of the playlist editor (use the right click context menu "Send to:" command). Switch to the queue manager to insert these songs into what's being played back.

Winamp v5.9.1.10029 - Quinto Black CT v3.6 skin
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v22H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 21:16   #4
vaiowong

Thanks for the reply Aminifu!
I solved my problem!
I didn't exactly follow the method you gave me, but your reply led to me figuring it out. I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but the keywords I needed to research were "Add to Current Queue and Play." After a few minutes of searching, I stumbled upon DrO's plugin ML Enqueue and Play. Because it can override the default double click action (play) and replace it with Enqueue and Play, it fixed my problem.

Thanks for the help!
Old 24th November 2013, 07:10   #5
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaiowong View Post
After a few minutes of searching, I stumbled upon DrO's plugin ML Enqueue and Play. Because it can override the default double click action (play) and replace it with Enqueue and Play, it fixed my problem.
What version of Winamp are you running and which version of that plug-in? I was told that that plug-in was not fully compatible with the last official Winamp release (v5.6.6.3507) and that an update was being worked on.

Winamp v5.9.1.10029 - Quinto Black CT v3.6 skin
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v22H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support