Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > NSIS Discussion

Old 12th September 2003, 01:05   #1
dani254

Installing an IIS 5.1/6.0 ISAPI Filter and a Virtual Directory

Hi,
I attached a code snippet to install a ISAPI Filter and a virtual Directory in the new IIS Metabase Configuration File.
It creates and executes an vbscript with the windows scripting host. (very pedantic, if there is a better solution please let my know)
Details at: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...asp?frame=true
My file is a part of a jakarta redirector install script but i think you can easily customize it for your own purposes.

I am not very experienced with nsis ( pushing and popping ), so if someone find this code usefull, perhaps he can put it in some generally usable functions and put it to the archive?

greetings
dani
Attached Files
File Type: zip isapi_virdir.zip (1.4 KB, 521 views)
dani254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2006, 20:26   #2
jhegge

tried this, not quite working...

I also need to install/uninstall an ISAPI filter DLL. I looked at this script and tried it out. It installs the filter correctly, though having to restart w3svc is a bit painful.

Now, the uninstall section looks right. It does remove the filter object and after restarting IIS, this looks right. However, after a re-install of the same, I see two filters in the load list. I'm trying to understand the LoadOrder object, this string removal isn't working.

A script I found here shows the list of filters in the LoadOrder: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scr.../i5advb05.mspx

Does anyone have enough vbs experience to help out with this?
jhegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > NSIS Discussion