Old 21st November 2010, 17:41   #1
1xtc

Trying to manually install a plugin

Hi I am very frustrated atm. I am trying to install a plugin called Vocal Remover X. The site gave me a dumb installer but after using it nothing interesting happens. The installer is supposed to install a stupid plugin to my dfx/effects plugin in winamp. The problem is that it's not doing that. So now I am trying to stick the fucking file into winamp/plugins directory but that doesn't fucking work. The file that came out of the installer is vremover.dll. I renamed it to v_remover.dll and sticked it into the winamp/plugins; still doesn't show up in any of the plugins in preferences. What the fuck do I have to do in order for this stupid program to read the fucking .dll file? My winamp version is 5.5.4.2147. Windows XP PRO lol. Help me solve this problem before I go out to a school and shoot a bunch of kids.
1xtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2010, 17:58   #2
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
I did a quick google search for "Vocal Remover X" but so far I've only found references to an external application, not an actual plugin. Can you post a link to it?
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2010, 20:42   #3
1xtc

yo this is the link

http://www.analogx.com/contents/down...r/Freeware.htm
1xtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2010, 19:47   #4
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
Ok, I downloaded and installed the plugin from that site. It's not actually a plugin to Winamp but a "plugin" (of sorts) for DirectX itself. I looked at Winamp after installing it and could not see any new functionality. I read the website further and the one or two references to Winamp were for actually a completely separate plugin for Winamp found on the Winamp plugins site. I found the actual Winamp plugin here:

http://www.winamp.com/plugin/vocal-remover/54368

Delete vremover.dll from the Winamp plugins folder and install the above plugin instead. You can probably leave the other DirectX "plugin" installed.
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support