Old 19th March 2012, 23:40   #1
haileye

Can't burn to CD

When trying to burn a cd I'm having an issue, hope you can help.... I load my cd and the burner capacity tells me 80 mins available, I then select my playlist, send it to the burner.... then the cd capacity changes from 80 mins available to over capacity, to remove tracks....., and ideas anyone, I've tried reinstalling already. I'm using Winamp Pro. WinXP
haileye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2012, 05:01   #2
Nightryde

Don't use winamp for burning music. Winamp is for playback. The idea to put burning into Winamp was that of a HiPPO - highest paid person's opinion. No logical sounding architect would jumble a shitload of features into a single product.

Just google mp3 cd burning software, use it for the short amount of time you need, then uninstall it.

...don't get me wrong, Winamp is great, for playback.
Nightryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2012, 15:36   #3
haileye

Thanks for the reply. I hear you on this, it's a great player but as of late burning a cd from your playlist has become an issue. Think I'll just ask for a refund from the Pro if support doesn't respond soon, that is another issue.
Old 22nd March 2012, 15:44   #4
DrO

it sounds like you're trying to do a data CD based on 'I then select my playlist, send it to the burner'. if so then the burning support is only for audio CD's which only allow up to the duration indicated and not based on the raw size of the files (as would be the case with a data CD).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2012, 13:24   #5
haileye

Actually Daz, I am trying to burn an audio CD which is why I'm confused, I've always been able to do this until recent, and Winamp support is either non-existing or very slow to reply.
Old 23rd March 2012, 13:44   #6
DrO

nothing has been changed in the burning plug-in regarding how it works for sometime now so it should still be working as it did before. really all i can go on is what you're saying and to me it just sounds like you're trying to send too large a playlist to the burner which is not able to do, hence the 'remove tracks' message. i don't know, maybe provide a screenshot of the view or something to show what is actually appearing, otherwise it just sounds like it is working as expected.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2012, 16:43   #7
haileye

Hello...... The file I'm trying to burn is actually very small, only 3 songs in the playlist to rip on a 80min CD. I was trying to send you a screenshot, can't send the doc for some reason. You have an email I can forward to (thirdhly@yahoo.com)
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
rip