Old 13th January 2002, 16:34   #1
Nine of Nine

Send a message via ICQ to Nine of Nine
Cool CORNERAMP released!!!!

here u are guys... perhaps u remember of this skin. Evil Pumpkin helped me to do this skin and now it's done.
thank him if corneramp is 4cornered

comments are welcome
Nine of Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2002, 16:37   #2
Nine of Nine

just a moment guys, i'm updating the zip. i'll upload it in the next reply (in a few minuts)
Old 13th January 2002, 16:53   #3
Nine of Nine

here u are...
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation.php?id=142502
or here
http://www.deskmod.com/core.mod?show...n&skin_id=2962
enjoy
Old 13th January 2002, 16:54   #4
uiop

YAAAAAY !!!!!!!!!!!

uiop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2002, 16:57   #5
uiop

Damn it works so well !!!!!!!

aaahhh i don't know what to say ! its so awesome
Old 13th January 2002, 17:07   #6
VooDoo`
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to VooDoo` Send a message via AIM to VooDoo`
wo0HO!!!
i like it so much

o_0
VooDoo` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2002, 17:11   #7
Gonzotek
Gunslinger

Nice, very nice. Will you be sknning the other components as well? It'd be nice to have a cornered EQ and I don't know how the playlist would do, but a cornered thinger would be cool.

-=Gonzotek=-

I was away for a while.
But I'm feeling much better now.
Gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2002, 17:28   #8
HarderBeatz

Send a message via ICQ to HarderBeatz Send a message via AIM to HarderBeatz Send a message via Yahoo to HarderBeatz
Nice ! It actually fits in each corner Very good work Nine of Nine and Evil Pumpkin hope to see more of both of you in the future !
HarderBeatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2002, 17:52   #9
cmisker
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to cmisker Send a message via AIM to cmisker Send a message via Yahoo to cmisker
OH YES!!!

I just formatted my hard drive and actually decided that I wouldn't install Winamp 3 until it was finished... but now your skin is finished... and I am downloading Winamp 3 and then installing your skin! This is so cool! Can't wait to see how great it works!

Wanna see my Winamp 3?
cmisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2002, 18:04   #10
Peter_Berre

nice... but theres a wierd bug. Sometimes it doesn't dock to the right corner. I drag it to one corner, and when i release it it jumps to one of the other corners.
Berre
Peter_Berre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2002, 18:21   #11
uiop

its not a bug. If you notice, when you drag it even a little bit, it goes counter clock wise from corner to corner, its not a random corner.

Its a "feature" not a bug
Old 13th January 2002, 18:27   #12
Peter_Berre

well i thought there was a system to it.... but sometimes it goes clockwise, sometimes counterclockwise and sometimes it switches diagonally... so i'd call it a bug
Berre
Old 13th January 2002, 18:30   #13
Peter_Berre

hehe forget that last post.. i'm dumb... i'd drag it to one corner, forget where it was.. and not notice that it in fact moves counterclockwise. heh
Berre
Old 13th January 2002, 18:31   #14
Gonzotek
Gunslinger

You can drag it around. Just don't drag it by the area around the word "CornerAmp", use some other unpopulated area, such as the first darker blue area directly beneath the songtimer. I'd suggest instead of having it rotate through the corners, have a small graphic showing four corners, with an indication as to what corner it's docked in, and the ability for the user to click on what corner he wants.
code:

|-------|
| o | |
|---+---|
| | |
|-------|

If you catch my meaniing.

-=Gonzotek=-

I was away for a while.
Old 13th January 2002, 18:54   #15
thepyr0x
Major Dude

I think I may have found something wrong here, I tried playing with the color controls, mainly because it seemed a tad too brite for me (at first) and all the xfade/repeat etc. buttons there went black, they still worked but they were just black. Besides that, nice; damn nice.
<edit>One more thing, where are the minimize/close buttons? More specifically just the close button, that's somethin I would like too.</edit>

thepyr0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2002, 19:01   #16
cmisker
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to cmisker Send a message via AIM to cmisker Send a message via Yahoo to cmisker
Oh.. I think another bug in this one:
You forgot to store the last location of the CornerAmp in studio.xnf.. now, whenever I close Winamp with CornerAmp in the left down corner, and then open Winamp again, it's back in the right corner...

Also, yes, maybe a small close button would do.. don't really really need it though, since I always have Winamp open.

Oh! I do really like how you can left click on corneramp and it'll switch corner and how you can right click on corneramp and choose the corner! Really well thought out. The buttons also look good! Man, wow... this skin is so cool!

Wanna see my Winamp 3?
Old 13th January 2002, 19:34   #17
cmisker
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by N e m e s s i s
i would suggest a menu asking where you want to move the skin when you click on the word corneramp.
Mmm, actually not.. because when you keep using this skin for a while, you'll get used to it and now that you shouldn't drag around the word corneramp, but a little bit below.

What you could add is like.. remember the current position AND the before-current position. So when you click on it once, you go to the before-current position. So it kinda remembers your first choice and second choice. Then, when you click on it again in like, 2 seconds or something, you keep or rotating. If not, and you wait longer than 2 seconds and click on it again, it goes back to your first choice.

This is really easy if you just have to switch over for 5 seconds to see what's in the statusbar or move down on the scrollbar (so you can switch real quick from left-down to right-down without having to go through a whole bunch of menu's).

You see what I mean?

Wanna see my Winamp 3?
Old 13th January 2002, 19:59   #18
Evil Pumpkin

Send a message via ICQ to Evil Pumpkin
Hey guys....thank you all for your ideas on how to improve this skin...my mind is still thinking about how to make all your suggestion...
For gonzotek...there's a command to get when the window is moving??

A kill is what you want - A kill is why we breed
my site | deviantart
WA2 Skins: Toxicity | SH5 | sacrifice
WA3 Skins: desmodus | Shura | HAL v1
Evil Pumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2002, 20:16   #19
Hollow
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Hollow
damn i wish i had win2000 or winXP so it wasnt just a big square.

The moon is made of cheese.
Oh for some tasty moon cheese.
www.redtetrahedron.org
Hollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2002, 23:11   #20
Rocker
Hiding in plain sight (mod)

Lovely

added to downloads
Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2002, 01:01   #21
mavsman

Nice. Evil Pumpkin is the shit for helping out.
mavsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2002, 04:19   #22
liquidsm0ke

Okay, is it just me, or do other people have the whole 'go to load skin yet nothing comes up and Winamp3 seemingly goes invisible' problem with this skin? Because it's kind of annoying, I've waited for ages for this skin, and now that I can get my hands on it, it doesn't work :/
liquidsm0ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2002, 04:34   #23
Gonzotek
Gunslinger

Try changing your screen resolution. It happened to me too, I just can't remember exactly how I got it to appear But I did get it to come in eventually.

[moments later...]
I just deleted studio.xnf and restarted Winamp to see if I could get it to disappear again. I could. After just exiting and starting Winamp another time, it showed up. No resizing. Don't know what it's doing wrong on the first load, though.[/pulp fiction cut]

-=Gonzotek=-

I was away for a while.
Old 14th January 2002, 04:52   #24
liquidsm0ke

Oh, isn't this wicked, now every time I load up the skin, Winamp3 decides to have a bit of a f*ck up. God, I hate this, lol
Old 14th January 2002, 05:01   #25
liquidsm0ke

Oh hey, I got it working, I just kept reloading it until it wanted to be nice to me. Sorry for giving you all massive heart attacks and stuff before
Old 14th January 2002, 05:56   #26
PhotoFx
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to PhotoFx
am i the only one who isn't getting the transparency? I have for all the other's, so i'm puzzeled as to why this one's an exception... running WinMe.. I'm just getting a black box where it's supposed to be transparent.

PhotoFx -[=]-"Visual forms are not inherent in themselves, but are granted by the act of seeing..." -Trevor Goodchild
PhotoFx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2002, 06:47   #27
cmisker
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by PhotoFx
am i the only one who isn't getting the transparency? I have for all the other's, so i'm puzzeled as to why this one's an exception... running WinMe.. I'm just getting a black box where it's supposed to be transparent.
I thought that WinME doesn't have the transparency stuff...? Not sure though??

Wanna see my Winamp 3?
Old 14th January 2002, 06:50   #28
bass4ms

ME doesn't to alpha transparancy for the background, it just turns black. So if the area isn't completely transparant you'll get the black and if the area is completely tranparant it will look like there's nothing over the background. On the other skins you have, it must just be complete transparancy.

***Hey my 200th post***
bass4ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2002, 07:00   #29
PhotoFx
Major Dude

i know Me doesn't do alpha blending, so i guess maybe that's the problem... but i think that area's supposed to be completely transparent (?) so i'm not sure what the problem is.

PhotoFx -[=]-"Visual forms are not inherent in themselves, but are granted by the act of seeing..." -Trevor Goodchild
Old 14th January 2002, 07:06   #30
bass4ms

I'm thinking that maybe he used a wierd program and the space isn't actually 100% transparant

<edit> Yeah, it's blended, not 100% transparant, so all the 9x people r screwed. Nine of Nine, if you make all of the blended area 100% transparant, then all the 9x people won't have a problem with the skin. I don't know about other people's backgrounds, but i can't see the blending on mine anyway.</edit>
Old 14th January 2002, 07:14   #31
PhotoFx
Major Dude

*nod* that would make sense... maybe i could go in and change the pngs.... i hope he doesn't mind... if he does, he should tell me

Old 14th January 2002, 07:15   #32
bass4ms

I looked into changing the pngs, but saw the curve and decided that i didn't have a real picture editor anyway.

PS: if u change the pngs, could u send them to me JBR105@yahoo.com, I have a friend with ME who really wants this skin. Thanks.
Old 14th January 2002, 09:35   #33
cmisker
Major Dude

Mmm.. the more I use this great skin, the more I kinda need the one-click-go-to-other-preferred-corner script as described in one of my earlier post in this thread.

Why would I use it? Well, it's real easy, for example, when you're using Outlook Express as your email program, it has all your contacts on the left bottom, where my corneramp is too... now, if I could just click on CornerAmp once, let it switch to the right bottom (I know, that´s what it´ll do now) and then click on my contact, send an email and stuff and then click on CornerAmp again once and have it switch back to the left side. A small preference thingy. Would really really be cool!

Wanna see my Winamp 3?
Old 14th January 2002, 10:34   #34
cmisker
Major Dude

Another suggestion!

Alright.. if you look at the buttons on the bottom (eq, ml, pl, x-fade, shuf and rep), the line above it doesn't go till the end. All the other lines do go till the end (of the little corner). Why not this line?? You could always add a button for the thinger or something, because now it isn't right.. I mean, I really like it the way it is, but well, maybe just this little change? Then you could also make the scrollbar a little bit longer.

Just a little suggestion!

There's no way possible that like.. where the songname scrolls.. that it shows like, half of the songname in the rounded part? That's not possible, is it?

Mmm, this seems to be my favorite thread!

Wanna see my Winamp 3?
Old 14th January 2002, 11:30   #35
S*** 2.0

Thumbs up

Not bad... Very G00d work...
S*** 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2002, 14:57   #36
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

i dont get any main windows - some others guys on deskmod is getting this error too! im running XP /w Litestep

btw S*** what happened to your other account?
ertmann|CPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2002, 15:44   #37
Naamloos
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Evil Pumpkin

For gonzotek...there's a command to get when the window is moving??
I'm not gonzotek, but I do know there is a command called .IsGoingToTarget
[edit] check /lib/std.mi for commands [/edit]
Good luck, it really looks cool but need some adjustments here and there, mentioned in above posts
Naamloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2002, 17:12   #38
bass4ms

Quote:
Originally posted by sertmann
i dont get any main windows - some others guys on deskmod is getting this error too! im running XP /w Litestep

btw S*** what happened to your other account?
I got that error at first too, but without litestep. In my case all I had to do was reload the skin by pressing F5 (although I did have to do it more than once). After I got the skin to work the first time, I never had another problem.
Old 14th January 2002, 21:12   #39
Evil Pumpkin

Send a message via ICQ to Evil Pumpkin
Mmm...for the black box...is my fault but I have no idea on how to remove it...the problem is that the 4 backgrounds are layers and to get the transparent bg i must set the "drawbackground" to 1...this in win98 doesn't works...I don't know why...

And Naamloos...I think that is for the groups movement...i mean a command that tells me when an object is dragged by the mouse...

A kill is what you want - A kill is why we breed
my site | deviantart
WA2 Skins: Toxicity | SH5 | sacrifice
WA3 Skins: desmodus | Shura | HAL v1
Evil Pumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2002, 21:27   #40
Gonzotek
Gunslinger

Trap all mouseDown events and getTop() and getLeft() then on mouseUp check them again, and if either has changed, the app has moved.

-=Gonzotek=-

I was away for a while.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins