Old 10th March 2008, 16:06   #1
j7n

Playback of ADTS AAC Broken

Winamp 5.52 will play MPEG-2 ADTS AAC (*.aac) with loud pops using Out_Wave and 24-bits resolution ("Allow 24-bit"). I tested using different versions of Peter Pawlowski's output plugin and AACs created in both Psytel and demuxed from MP4. Problem does not occur using DirectSound, or Otachan's ASIO. After seeking once in the file, normal playback will resume.

Audio hardware: E-MU 0404.

I tried setting audio_bits=32, but it did not give any effect (except that the problem remained).
j7n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2008, 12:09   #2
j7n

I forgot to add that all normal formats (mp3, ogg vorbis) play properly using WaveOut.
Old 10th April 2008, 08:58   #3
Neorth

Hi j7n!
It's not recommended to use out_wave on win2k, XP and Vista. What makes you not wanna use out_ds?

Btw, I found this in the changelog for 5.53, maybe it fixes your problem:
* Improved: [in_mp3] More accurate .AAC length calculation

/Neorth
Neorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2008, 22:54   #4
j7n

I don't need Winamp 5 for myself, nor I have any AACs (MPEG-2 or not) at the moment. I just wanted to point out that the special treatment AAC now receives through aacPlusDecoder.w5s is broken. If this system component is removed ADTS AAC plays normally.

Wrong length estimation should not break playback. The length of MP3 files is estimated wrongly all the time (if Xing/Lame frame is not present), yet playback is proper.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports