Old 7th July 2000, 01:03   #1
makita

I have sent several emails to their website about removing this plugin. None have been answered. It doesn't work and I can't get real player to work now either. The nice plugin always remains the default.

Is there any way we can be warned that you have to pay for a plugin or that it has a persistent nag screen BEFORE we install it. There was nothing to warn me about this plugin.

makita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2000, 15:40   #2
Mr Happy

Use Windows Explorer and open the folder C:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins. This is assuming that you installed Winamp to its default location, of course.

Find the following 4 files:
In_nicemc.dll
nicemc.m3u
NiceMC.mpg
nicereadme.txt

Either move them to a different folder or delete them (make sure that Winamp isn't running when you do this). That should be all it takes, next time you run Winamp, that plugin won't be there any more.
Mr Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2000, 13:58   #3
Nikonotron

Send a message via ICQ to Nikonotron
Mr Happy
I was having the same problems as Makita and was happy to see your solution here. I had already tried repeatedly to delete the nicemc files but didn't think to look at hidden files for the dll file. Now that I have deleted these files, though, my Winamp doesn't play any mpgs. I even tried reinstalling Winamp from the last zip file with update 2.64. Any help here?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr Happy:
Use Windows Explorer and open the folder C:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins. This is assuming that you installed Winamp to its default location, of course.

In_nicemc.dll
nicemc.m3u
NiceMC.mpg
nicereadme.txt

Either move them to a different folder or delete them (make sure that Winamp isn't running when you do this). That should be all it takes, next time you run Winamp, that plugin won't be there any more.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nikonotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2000, 20:47   #4
makita

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mr Happy:
[B]Use Windows Explorer and open the folder C:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins. This is assuming that you installed Winamp to its default location, of course.

In_nicemc.dll

I can't remove this dll. Windows claims it is in use although winamp and virtually nothing else is running.
Old 9th July 2000, 17:02   #5
Mr Happy

Nikonotron:

Try installing this plugin to play mpeg video clips: http://www.winamp.com/customize/deta...ponentId=15100

Or this one: http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d8sunch...ns.html#vidamp

It's totally free - no nag screens, or other annoyances.

Makita:

When you say Winamp isn't running, do you mean that it simply isn't playing any files, or it isn't loaded up at all? (Just have to be sure on this point). Try pressing CTRL + ALT + DELETE and see if Winamp appears in the list of running programs. If it's there, then you won't be able to remove the .dll file.

If you still have problems, press CTRL + ALT + DELETE again, and End Task on everything except Explorer and Systray. Then, after removing the .dll file, reboot your PC.

[This message has been edited by Mr Happy (edited July 09, 2000).]
Old 9th July 2000, 18:21   #6
makita

Makita:

When you say Winamp isn't running, do you mean that it simply isn't playing any files, or it isn't loaded up at all? (Just have to be sure on this point). Try pressing CTRL + ALT + DELETE and see if Winamp appears in the list of running programs. If it's there, then you won't be able to remove the .dll file.

If you still have problems, press CTRL + ALT + DELETE again, and End Task on everything except Explorer and Systray. Then, after removing the .dll file, reboot your PC.

Winamp was not there, nothing with 'win' in it, but after removing everything except those two I was able to remove it. I think I install too much stuff. If I see something new I have to try it.&lt;g&gt; I think it's time to reformat and do a clean windows install. Then maybe try your plugin again. Thanks for the help.
Old 10th July 2000, 03:12   #7
Mr Happy

{takes a bow}

Glad I could help
Old 10th August 2000, 12:57   #8
Charmander

Send a message via ICQ to Charmander
another option is before you download it there is a prevention method Check to see if it's a demo or trial by making the browser think it is saving it to disk then read the file name, this is where to find it out if it has any of these words I advise you to click cancel (this should abort the dwonload)
(I know - been there done that)

------------------
Charmander
Charmander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2000, 13:00   #9
Charmander

Send a message via ICQ to Charmander
another option is before you download it there is a prevention method Check to see if it's a demo or trial by making the browser think it is saving it to disk then read the file name, this is where to find it out if it has any of these words I advise you to click cancel (this should abort the download)
(I know - been there done that)

sorry had to fix typos

------------------
Charmander

[This message has been edited by Charmander (edited August 10, 2000).]
Charmander is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support