Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions

Closed Thread
Old 31st March 2014, 09:09   #81
DrO

mrairstone: email support @ winamp dot com with as information on your license purchase as possible (especially the email address used) and someone should be able to find the details for you (i hope).

Dickus: the stream server is not accessible i.e. the attempt to access it times out. so i don't know if it's running or has not been correctly configured i.e. you've not opened port 8100 correctly (and should check the info at http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcast_YP_Nak_Errors on where to go to find out how to do that for your router, etc).
Old 1st April 2014, 11:51   #82
DrO

NEWS UPDATE: there have been some listing related issues over the last day or so (typically streams provided via v1 DNAS not being listed) which should now be resolved (which was due to some system integration work which is on going).

it is likely some DNAS will need to be restarted to allow them to be re-listed as expected - which can be determined by checking the DNAS logs for any YP NAK errors being reported which inform of a need to restart the DNAS.
Old 1st April 2014, 11:51   #83
Dickus

Tnx for bearing with my problem. Ript off my hair and hit my head to the wall and suddenly I remebered that this computer was directed to a proxy server for a while and I did not remember to switch bak. Seems to be working now. At least it says "yp.shoutcast.com added me successfully" Tnx for keeping Shoucast alive //Dick
Old 1st April 2014, 11:54   #84
DrO

Dickus: ok, that's good to know you're sorted now (though it may have also partially related to my post at the same time as you made yours).
Old 3rd April 2014, 15:37   #85
loleslav

How we can buy license for unlock mp3 in sc_trans2?
Old 3rd April 2014, 15:45   #86
DrO

you cannot currently and there is no eta when it'll be possible. or even at all as the future of sc_trans is still to be reviewed.
Old 3rd April 2014, 16:38   #87
TrexRadio

Send a message via ICQ to TrexRadio Send a message via Yahoo to TrexRadio
I have even tried contacting Radionomy about the MP3 licenses, and they never replied. So either they have nothing to do with it (or they just don't want to answer me), or its completely gone awol.

CEO - DJ Fire
CrossFire-Radio
Old 3rd April 2014, 16:50   #88
DrO

i've not seen anything in the official support from you, where such questions are being answered. but as per all of my posts about it, there's no eta and it's not been decided if sc_trans will still even be maintained (as sorting out licensing is a complete pain!).
Old 3rd April 2014, 16:55   #89
loleslav

What is eta?
Old 3rd April 2014, 17:00   #90
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
there is no eta when it'll be possible.
is good to know people are reading the replies (and that this is noted in the first post as well!).
Old 3rd April 2014, 17:06   #91
TrexRadio

Send a message via ICQ to TrexRadio Send a message via Yahoo to TrexRadio
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
is good to know people are reading the replies (and that this is noted in the first post as well!).

I think he was asking what "eta" meant....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO
i've not seen anything in the official support from you, where such questions are being answered.
I'm not sure what you mean by that? Do you work support for Radionomy? I didnt post in their forums or anything public, I used their contact form to ask them about it. I used this form: http://www.radionomy.com/en/static/contactus to contact them.

In which I never received a reply from them. So there was no answers to be seen

CEO - DJ Fire
CrossFire-Radio
Old 3rd April 2014, 18:45   #92
DrO

i don't know who monitors that (will have to find out), is just the Winamp and SHOUTcast specific ones i've got access to.
Old 4th April 2014, 16:04   #93
DrO

NEWS UPDATE: some additional work to resolve some internal YP quirks (incorrectly failing updates related to the system migration) and listing issues have been done over the last two days which means ~100-200 DNAS identified as not being listed should now be listed again.
Old 8th April 2014, 08:53   #94
dopelabs
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to dopelabs
so im pretty sure ive tried all the suggestions but im seeing some odd behavior… i have 4 mp3 and 4 aac streams. scserv v1, sctrans2, they are all set a single genre but the aac streams seem to default to 'electronic', i have tried restarting the dnas a number of times, tried starting them up one at a time, both before and while trans was running… sometimes i can see one of the aac streams listed correctly, but then, poof, back to electronic again…
Old 8th April 2014, 09:09   #95
DrO

will need links to the DNAS to check what they're reporting.
Old 8th April 2014, 09:12   #96
dopelabs
Major Dude

msg sent…. btw happy 25,000th post =]
Old 8th April 2014, 09:19   #97
DrO

just checked and were you using a v2 DNAS for the AAC streams at some point?

and it's more than 25000 (as ones in the recycle bin don't count or the ones which were removed over the years).
Old 8th April 2014, 09:22   #98
dopelabs
Major Dude

yea i was using a v2dnas, but couldnt get that genre to update either….
Old 8th April 2014, 09:27   #99
DrO

was that with a v2.0 or a v2.2.x ? and can you remember what error (if at all) was indicated?

i've manually fixed the listings (removing the authhash and fixing the stream paths as going from v2 back to v1 doesn't work nicely) so it should be corrected soon.

though as you're using DNS urls for the streams, using a v2.2.x will be far better in the long run as that will pass things on correctly to the YP for the listings as long as you set destip correctly for it.
Old 8th April 2014, 09:29   #100
dopelabs
Major Dude

i believe it was sc_serv2_linux_x64_11_29_2013

and thats the plan… but as it wasnt updating i figured i would fall back to v1x and see whats what >> this thread
Old 8th April 2014, 09:33   #101
DrO

without an error message or something to work with, it's hard to say what might have caused the update failure (as there were no issues when i used the internal means to update an authhash).

so might be best to try with a test setup to see if the issue is persistent for you or not (and gives me something to then work against if it's a YP issue).
Old 8th April 2014, 09:36   #102
dopelabs
Major Dude

seems to be all listing correctly now… thanks again for the quick fix… so im guessing i was some how tied to an id or similar from the last time i ran a v2dnas?
Old 8th April 2014, 09:41   #103
DrO

correct, all of the AAC instances had the authhash still applied to them. and as you'd not been able to get that correctly set (for the unknown reason), when you downgraded it maintained using the prior authhash details.
Old 8th April 2014, 09:47   #104
dopelabs
Major Dude

ok… think there will be anything to provide the end user with control to reset/or properly list streams as you did on the back end? like a control panel in which you can add and verify servers to be listed, or how their listed, basically overriding the dnas at the yp directory level.. </wouldbenice>
Old 8th April 2014, 10:09   #105
DrO

it's already available as such via the DNAS's server admin pages as of v2.2.x. the only difference between it and what i can do is i can make changes on any authhash whereas you can only do it with what has been created from that machine (if wanting to update / remove an authhash), though for removal, you can just delete it from the configs and not use it again.

and v2.2.x made it easy to take an existing authhash and use it with another DNAS (as it can be re-used on other DNAS, it's just updating / removal which is limited currently). so if you have a range of streams at different bitrates, etc you just have to create one and then apply it to the other DNAS (assuming the same details are ok for everything else) and that's it sorted (with it clustering matching bitrate and stream types as needed).

though i suspect you're wanting a complete way to manage a cluster of servers without having to do it manually for each one? or am i missing the question...
Old 8th April 2014, 10:33   #106
dopelabs
Major Dude

no that pretty much sums it up… i wasnt quite sure how it all worked.. its been a while since ive messed with v2… the last time i tried was a long time ago, and back then i ran into some weird issues with itunes not tuning into the right mount so i bagged it, but i figure with all this re-org with shoutcast/etc.. i would go ahead and update…

cheers and thanks again =]
Old 8th April 2014, 10:35   #107
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopelabs View Post
the last time i tried was a long time ago, and back then i ran into some weird issues with itunes not tuning into the right mount
that was a known v2.0 issue (especially when a / wasn't at the start of the streampath config option which meant in most cases it'd provide stream#1 to all mount points. all of that quirkiness was resolved with the new DNAS afaik.
Old 8th April 2014, 10:40   #108
dopelabs
Major Dude

yea works great now =]
Old 16th April 2014, 05:02   #109
SnowHow

YP won't release "old" server

I'm having a very frustrating issue with the YP - As the title implies, the YP is directing to an old server that is no longer in use. Let me explain:

I obtained a v1 server from a provider. For testing purposes I set up a local server to be the "Source" server an have the server from the provider relay from it like this:

encoder -> 173.166.200.xxx:8008 (local) -> 198.178.123.xxx:7000 (provider)

I set it to public, the YP picks up the servers and sets the local server as backup. Satisfied that everything was working, I shut down the stream.

Now I'm getting ready to go live. I get another small v1 server to use as a source to relay to the second server like this:

Encoder -> 199.195.194.xx:8042 -> 198.178.123.xxx:7000

Again, I set it to public, the YP picks up the servers, but now BOTH servers are showing the local server I used in testing as a backup server!

<04/15/14@22:21:39> [yp_tch] new backup server 173.166.200.xxx:8008
<04/15/14@22:21:39> [yp_tch] yp.shoutcast.com touched!

This server isn't even running. I have tried restarting both servers, but that didn't work. The YP still insists on using this nonexistent server as a backup. If it's happening to me, it's happening to others and should be easily reproduced. What can be done?

Thanks!

SH

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer!
Old 21st May 2014, 22:17   #110
Gastroopa

need help, been reading through and trying to figure this out...
Setup a new server recently. (Hadnt run one in a good ten years) I believe I haave everythign setup correct again and the port forwarding working and all that however i am getting this error in my server log when trying to list on shoutcast.....

[17:11 Interface] SHOUTcast Dnas v2.0 Interface [beta] v1.0.3
[17:11 Interface] Loading dnas this may take a few seconds
[17:11 Dnas] [main] calculated cpu count is 4
[17:11 Dnas] [main] starting 4 network threads
[17:11 Dnas] [ban] Banned 0 IP's
[17:11 Dnas] [rip] 0 entries in rip list
[17:11 Dnas] [microServer]Listening for connection on port 6501
[17:11 Dnas] [microServer]Listening for connection on port 6500
[17:11 Dnas] [src 127.0.0.1:57369 sid=1] Shoutcast source connection.
[17:11 Dnas] [yp2] Connecting to yp.shoutcast.com
[17:11 Dnas] [yp2] /yp/resp/updatefreq missing

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I understand there have been some changes with shoutcast recently and over the years, maybe i'm just missing something. like i said, i did try n read through the forums but cannot find the exact solution to the issue I am having.
Old 21st May 2014, 22:28   #111
DrO

SnowHow: i've only just seen your message. what you were seeing (don't know if it still is an issue or not) is the known issue where v1.x based listings can and will be incorrectly listed (it only happens for a small number of listings and varies on how it impacts things), so that is the reason for the unrelated DNAS being referenced. simplest solution is update to a v2.x DNAS so by using the same authhash you can then ensure that the DNAS are only clustered as you want them to be.

Gastroopa: you're using a 3rd party loader/gui which is not supported on here. also it's not clear what version of the v2 DNAS you're using (the current one is v2.2.1) and if i had to take a guess, that gui is shipping / using an older v2 release which would explain the issues.
Old 21st May 2014, 23:14   #112
Gastroopa

Thanks Dro,

I got it all figured out, I checked the things you suggested and figured out where I had it confused. Everything seems to be working properly now, listed successful. Thank you again.
Old 24th June 2014, 09:54   #113
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Check out the new website, just launched today
www.shoutcast.com
Old 25th June 2014, 13:57   #114
DrO

there are some access issues with the SHOUTcast site currently (which started around 13:00GMT) whilst some issues are being debugged. this is hoped to be resolved within the next few hours.
Old 30th June 2014, 12:06   #115
DrO

there will be some work going on over the next few hours to resolve some of the quirks with the new site search not always working as expected. there shouldn't be any noticeable down-time but search results may get a bit 'funky' for a while (or not if the fixes go as planned).
Old 21st July 2014, 13:12   #116
droidmjt

Hello,

I wanted to implement shoutCast search to my app but it seems i need a developer key to use the API. Is it even possible to get personal keys or some sort of public keys just to search through the shoutcast streams and then play them. I wish there would be some reasonable solution for this.
Old 21st July 2014, 13:22   #117
DrO

have a look at the 'developer' page on the main site (which i've very surprised you hadn't already seen before posting on here).
Old 21st July 2014, 13:34   #118
droidmjt

Hello,

Yes I've seen it and I have also sent them email about my request without any response. There is no other info about the key. The page also doesn't mention anything if it is possible at all to get personal keys or if there is public key to get the streams. I wouldn't post anything here if I would get this information from elsewhere.
Old 21st July 2014, 13:44   #119
DrO

that page is all there is and there is no such thing as a 'public key' for getting the API results (unless people have publically posted them when they ideally shouldn't).

if you've sent a request (which looks like it was ~10 days ago from what i can find and wasn't aware off until now, hence the form of my initial reply) then to my knowledge of the new process (as i'm [thankfully] not responsible for business matters like this) then it'll be in the pending queue.

so all i can advise is that you'll have to wait to see if you get a yes/no response (i have no idea how long that will take or what the requirements, etc are).
Old 22nd July 2014, 10:03   #120
jfmauguit

Hello,

All API Key requests have been processed. If you didn't receive an answer today please check your spam folder. If nothing there, please PM me.

HTH

Jef
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions