Old 5th April 2004, 18:14   #1
djzolt

Send a message via AIM to djzolt
The Toys...

Hey Folks, just wanted to pop back in, it's been a while , and I do have a question or two.

Good news for me is word got out thru school, and I'm a semi-hit. Bad news is I haven't been able to cater to the needs of the populus so to speak.

I've noticed many of my favorite stations to listen to when I'm not broadcasting, namely Festerhead and KRR are I believe using the SpacialAudio.com Toys. Now as of now I broadcast weekly, just from my home pc. But from the looks of it, having a 24/7 stream running keeps people coming. My question is in regard to using the SpacialAudio toys. More specifically, your opinions on the software, what to use, etc. I d/led the trial to test it out, but got lost trying to install it etc.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Zolt
djzolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2004, 19:46   #2
protegechris
Forum Queen

I strongly believe that SAM2 is an essential broadcasting tool. However, the price tag on it requires that you be very serious about what your doing to commit to it. I got SAM2, and now I got sponsored, for 20 slots a month, and I feel that using sam2, I have added a lot to my website, so especially the request pages, it has boosted my popularity.

yeah, i'm back.
protegechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2004, 20:10   #3
djzolt

Send a message via AIM to djzolt
thanks chris, that's what I expected. What I want to do is be able to have a on demand feed for when I'm not live. Any recommendations on hosts, and how it all works? What I mean is by running a 24/7 feed, do I actually have to upload all of my music to the server? cause in that case, it'll be a lengthy process. Sam2 is where I think I'll be going for the extra boost, although some more positives from others wouldn't hurt before I drop 2 bills on it.

Thanks again.
Zolt
djzolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2004, 23:30   #4
ruffdawg
Major Dude

I just leave my computer on 24/7. Heh thats how I broadcast.

Regarding SAM2, I could give you all of the 'positives' you need. Here's some of of the things I have come into contact with and are great for small stations such as mine:

- Great playlist manager
- Better Microphone or "soundcard input" feature
- Sams famous HTM and PHP web features including request feature
- Album pictures (Yay!), If you use the HTM or PHP feature, you can allow people to buy albums from Amazon.com, and they will give you a cut if you are an 'afilliates' member.

I could go on and on... but I reccomend checking out www.spacialaudio.com for more info. You can also check out my site to see some of the things I am talking about, being displayed.

Enjoy!

Playin' the best classic rock trax
www.ruffdawgradio.com
ruffdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2004, 23:55   #5
MegaRock
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to MegaRock Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRock
SAM2 is the shizzle of my nizzle! I have no idea what I would do without it. Worth every penny and then some.

Megarock Radio - St. Louis Since 1998!
Don't click this link!
Corporate Radio Sucks! No suits, all rock!
MegaRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions