Old 19th July 2009, 12:10   #1
goldyweb888

Recording online stream

Hello,
I am running a online stream using shoutcast through my server. I would like to record the stream onto my server itself. Like I have Special Shows being hosted by the RJ's and I wish to record it. It is a linux server.

Could you please help me out with it?

If that is not possible, could you tell me a way to directly record onto the streamer's computer through options within Winamp which doesn't add in more load onto the computer or stream and break the links.

Please help me out with it.

THank you!
goldyweb888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2009, 13:25   #2
dotme

You'll have to rely on your own research for 3rd party solutions. It's against forum rules to discuss options here, for obvious reasons.

However, each DJ can record their set with simple free tools like Audacity and email you the file when done. (Might be kinda large though)
dotme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2009, 16:27   #3
goldyweb888

Well, if possible, can you give me some keywords on what these softwares/scripts maybe called, it shall be very useful.

Although, it is not really something illegal we are doing, it is on a show being organised over the victory day by Indian soldiers and to tell the world that their life didn't just go in vain. Its mainly commentary and few songs which shows their dedication to India. (Just told out for clarification if that changes something)
goldyweb888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support