Old 19th December 2004, 22:03   #1
gtbomfm

A - B repeat

Hello guys,

One function that I really do miss and love on my CD player is A - B repeat function (function, where you can mark positions A and B and CD repeats the music between those two points instead of only repeating whole track or CD).

Any possibility for you to add this to winamp, so I could get that out of mp3s as well? It is really useful and it shouldn't be too hard to do.

Thank you!
Regards, David
gtbomfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2004, 22:50   #2
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
search the plugins first

http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=116673
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2004, 08:52   #3
gtbomfm

thank you for this plugin link

However, after installing it - it works only partially. I can mark B and then it repeats start of the song till point B and loops that section, but if I mark point A, it stops after it reaches B, jumps to A (timer displays it is at point A) and then it pauses - and nothing helps. Pressing play for example doesn't help. It helps if I move the bar that marks point A a bit to back, then the playback begins or if I go into menus and play there - just if something was bugged. Any help? I downloaded recent version of Winamp few days ago.

Thanks, David
gtbomfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2004, 09:14   #4
Dreamer888

I think not many users download plugins, this feature (also known as "loop") would be really great (not as plugin)

My suggetion - add also one hotkey (L) for select start, end and delete loop - everything with a single hotkey
Dreamer888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2004, 09:33   #5
DrO

actually quite a lot of people do download plugins.

as for what you want, implementing everything in the core is not always the best idea and seeing as winamp is a plugin driven programme, it makes sense for things to be done as a plugin. plus unwanted features for the majority bring out the 'bloat' people.

as for the request, i can understand it and i've planned to do something like that since i don't like the current implementations since they don't act like they're 'native' which is how i like to code my winamp features. but alas for me time has been pushed so i've not gotten anywhere with the project.

let's hope maybe someone else sees this or in a miraculous event i get a 48hour day and can code to my heart's content

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2004, 14:17   #6
Dreamer888

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
actually quite a lot of people do download plugins.
Maybe, but much more people do not download plugins, for sure.

Quote:
[i]as for what you want, implementing everything in the core is not always the best idea and seeing as winamp is a plugin driven programme, it makes sense for things to be done as a plugin. plus unwanted features for the majority bring out the 'bloat' people.
I don't think this feature would be so big and absolutely not unwanted or even useless.

There are many useless features (for me) and I don't care about it...

What about to start a pool(s) if users want that features or not...?
Old 22nd December 2004, 21:00   #7
MostAwesomeDude

Send a message via AIM to MostAwesomeDude
Um, you may not want to argue with the guy who takes requests from this forum and magically turns them into kickass plugins...IMO...also, LOTS of people use plugins. If you got Winamp 5.0x, you probably also got JTFE with it. All input filters, output filters, visualizations, effects, and even the media library are all plugins!

...So, seriously, don't rant against plugins. Use them to customize your Winamp!

~ CD

"Be excellent to each other." ~ Bill & Ted
Member of the ml_www project.
4G 20GB iPod w/ Winamp 5.05 and ml_ipod 1.12
MostAwesomeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2004, 22:15   #8
Dreamer888

Quote:
Originally posted by MostAwesomeDude
...So, seriously, don't rant against plugins. Use them to customize your Winamp!
I'm NOT against plugins!!!

I just want that all winamp users could use good features (in any form-also as plugins). And I think this feature is good enough!

Also this plugin doesn't work properly (gtbomfm wrote)
Old 10th July 2007, 15:39   #9
mfmilky

this plugin works just the same as the a - b repeat.
flawless.

winamp.com/plugins/details/30749

rock on.
mfmilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist