Old 10th July 2014, 07:23   #1
owen420

scserv2 multiple streams

Hey I am in need of a bit of help, just a few general questions....

I run a shoutcast server in debian x32, it is running sc_serv 1 and sc_trans 1 (usually autodj type of stream, but do like to tap in live as well)
I run multiple streams so I run one sc_trans process and 4 sc_serv processes at multiple bitrates (all the same stream, multiple ports)

320k = port 8000
256k = port 9000
128k = port 7000
64k = port 7575

I am trying to go to the new sc_serv 2.2.1

I setup sc_serv 2 and set it for 4 streams

my 320k stream on port 8000 connected as that is the default, it is working well... the other ports do not connect.... from my understanding the new scserv lets you run on multiple ports or a single port

I have tried editing my config so the streams would go on multiple ports

portbase_1=8000
portbase_2=9000
portbase_3=7000
portbase_4=7575

but it still does not connect, from what I have read there is some type of limitation on going from sc_trans 1 to sc_serv 2 that it only allows one v1 stream... am I correct on this? or am I configuring it wrong?

I do not want to go to sc_trans 2 because the last time I did that it would crash constantly because of werid filenames, some bug on linux... I have looked and it seems that it has not been updated since then and appears dead... some people have moved onto liquidsoap from what i read, but im not sure if that will do what I need it to do and it looks a bit more complex (yet I have not tried it)... I am a basic linux user... not a expert but do know my way around and do have support from others who are more advanced then me... I just wonder if anybody could point me in the right direction on this issue

because basically I want sc_serv 2.2.1 and I want multiple bitrates of the same stream coming from a autodj... I also like that when i tap into the dj port on sc_trans that it sends it across all my streams

right now I have my 320 running sc2 and the other streams running on sc1 till I can figure this out.

Thank you for your time! I love Shoutcast & Winamp have used it since the start.
owen420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2014, 11:06   #2
DrO

if you want people to access the streams on different ports then you need to run multiple instances of the DNAS. that is why the multiple portbase options will not work (and would be indicated as a warning when the DNAS is loaded) as the v2.x DNAS handles multiple streams going out on the same port and not multiple ports.

as you're using a v1.x based source, it is possible to setup multiple input ports to get around it not supporting the v2.x protocol but only the source on stream #1 will support title updates when using that mode.

and as you seem to want to have specific ports for each of the streams, you're better off just running multiple instances of the v2.x DNAS in place of the v1.x DNAS you're currently running.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2014, 11:43   #3
owen420

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
if you want people to access the streams on different ports then you need to run multiple instances of the DNAS. that is why the multiple portbase options will not work (and would be indicated as a warning when the DNAS is loaded) as the v2.x DNAS handles multiple streams going out on the same port and not multiple ports.

as you're using a v1.x based source, it is possible to setup multiple input ports to get around it not supporting the v2.x protocol but only the source on stream #1 will support title updates when using that mode.

and as you seem to want to have specific ports for each of the streams, you're better off just running multiple instances of the v2.x DNAS in place of the v1.x DNAS you're currently running.
awesome thanks for the help
I will prob just set up multiple instances like i did with sc1 then

is there anywhere I could get some info on running multiple v1 streams not supporting the v2 protocol ? the multiple port thing does not really matter to me... the title updates might... but I would like to try it out.
Old 10th July 2014, 11:47   #4
DrO

have a look in the docs included with the DNAS for 'streamportlegacy'
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2014, 11:49   #5
owen420

thank you
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Tags
sc_trans multiple streams