Old 23rd October 2000, 00:04   #1
PBrown

When I down load WINAMP, for some unknown reason it becomes the default program for my JPEG files. WINAMP cannot display JPEG files, yet I can't display them anywhere else when WINAMP is on my system. If I delete WINAMP, the files revert back to a typical program for opening. What gives?
Old 23rd October 2000, 00:21   #2
Winsane
Moderator Alumni

After installing Winamp, go to Winamp Preferences/Setup/File types, and see if JPG and/or JPEG is in the list of Associated extensions. If so, deselect them. If not, we'll take it from there.
Have you installed the NiceMC plug-in?
Are the JPEGs associated with Winamp when opening them from My Computer/Windows Explorer, or are they just associated with Winamp in your e-mail program?
Winsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2000, 03:47   #3
ds22

if ur using win98/2000
u may also go to my computer>view>folder options>file types
and edit the jpeg format

------------------
Old 24th October 2000, 16:59   #4
PBrown1

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Winsane:
After installing Winamp, go to Winamp Preferences/Setup/File types, and see if JPG and/or JPEG is in the list of Associated extensions. If so, deselect them. If not, we'll take it from there.
Have you installed the NiceMC plug-in?
Are the JPEGs associated with Winamp when opening them from My Computer/Windows Explorer, or are they just associated with Winamp in your e-mail program?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry about the cross post, when i went to check for replys yesterday, I could not find my original post. Thank you for your help. What I have done so far seemed to have worked. I went to "My Computer", clicked on "View", then "Folder Options", then "File Types". I found the Winamp media file, I then clicked "Edit". On the following window I went to "Content Type" and found Image/Jpeg. I then went to "Default extention for content type" This displayed a number of actions for JPEGS. I just removed them all. I then went to one of my JPEGS, Highlighted it, pushed shift and a right mouse click together, clicked "open with" and chose, Explorer. I also checked the box below that reads "Always youse this program to open this type of file" I then played some audio on Winamp, and that too fuctioned properly. I have yet to try to convert MP3 to WAV. but I think it should work as well. Thanks for the help.
Old 24th October 2000, 20:56   #5
Winsane
Moderator Alumni

Hmm, that doesn't sound quite right, but if it worked, so be it.
Winsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2000, 06:00   #6
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

DJ Egg is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support