Old 17th March 2002, 14:19   #1
mc^^^^
Forum King

Location: Perth, Australia MSN: mcbriar@ii.net Posts: All your posts are belong to me!!!!
cant run wa3 - assertation error

ok i did something minor which fucked things up major, after 3 clean installs os xp and ripping my soundcard out and throwing it a few times. it now worx

but after reinstalling wa3 i cant run it i get this error:

Assertaition failed
"undefined format passed to stringprintf!"
Expression: 0
File: C:\projects ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it just died again!!!!!!
i got a loud screeching then i pressed next and it stopped working! well bed time 4 me now.

Assertaition failed
"undefined format passed to stringprintf!"
Expression: 0
File: C:\projects\studio\common\string.cpp
Line: 347

i...... am....... so......... pissed....... off....... right........ nooooowwww...............

Old 17th March 2002, 18:08   #2
henry3k56
Forum King

No need to have a fit Chromium.....

Just delete studio.xnf from your Winamp3 directory. (C:/Program Files/Winamp3/)
If you don't have that, why not re-download another Winamp3 instead.

henry3k56 | Summer is here.
My Flickr Page & Frontierra | Posting Since September 2001.
Old 17th March 2002, 23:48   #3
mc^^^^
Forum King

Location: Perth, Australia MSN: mcbriar@ii.net Posts: All your posts are belong to me!!!!
i never ran wa3 in the first place so there is no studio.xnf to delete. i have run the installer many times doing clean installs but nothin, my computer is really dead now though, i had the sound working, then it fucked up, now when i turn my pc on i get no screen! im gonna play with the cards tonite i think the cards are conflicting with the vga.

Old 18th March 2002, 21:36   #4
henry3k56
Forum King

Then I think it must be your computer. Tried everything? Updating soundcard drivers? DirectX? Tried another soundcard? Tried Winamp 2.78c instead of Winamp3 for now.
Okay, you can fix this (saying you shouldn't take my advice from me, expecially hardware-wise because I suck at that part of the computer) by changing the interrupt numbers of your cards because I think one of the interrupt #'s is conflicting with your sound card/video card. That usually works for me when I'm doing networking, the network card won't work unless I switch it to another number, then it works finally. But I'm not sure that works for audiocards, and video cards.

henry3k56 | Summer is here.
My Flickr Page & Frontierra | Posting Since September 2001.
Old 19th March 2002, 01:16   #5
mc^^^^
Forum King

i fixed it, and a bunch of other problems on my pc, xp screwed up my account and my local settings folder was corrupt. i simply made a new account, deleted the old one and it all worked. how random is that! but thats microsoft for ya. (now to plug all my cards back in)

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp3 > Winamp3 Technical Support