Old 10th April 2002, 00:50   #1
Darkain
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Darkain Send a message via AIM to Darkain Send a message via Yahoo to Darkain
Custom attrib types

OK! once again im testing out all sorts of weird stuff. tuday it is making custom attributes.

I found some stuff in the attrib headers and cpp files as well as some info from the actual script.

basically what i want to do is be able to put my own child window inside of the config window when someone clicks on my components name from the list. this way, i would have a ton more flexability... such as using some sort of config method that wasnt just some list of items (because this doesnt work at all for my component). ive been tryin for a while now to get it to work, but no luck.

any ideas?

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
-=- RM-X Home Page - Controlling Winamp via RM-900, RM-1000, RM-1500, ATI Remote Wonder, Joysticks, Gamepads, Wheels, Keyboard shortcuts, Multimedia keyboards, across the net, and much more! -=- Defenestration !!! -=-
Old 10th April 2002, 15:37   #2
Darkain
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Darkain Send a message via AIM to Darkain Send a message via Yahoo to Darkain
now i am overly confused on how to get this to work...

if i set my project to debug mode, and then call wnd->init, it will display the window perfectly... only prog with doing this is that it gives off an assertion failer because of double init. without the init then it will never show the window.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
-=- RM-X Home Page - Controlling Winamp via RM-900, RM-1000, RM-1500, ATI Remote Wonder, Joysticks, Gamepads, Wheels, Keyboard shortcuts, Multimedia keyboards, across the net, and much more! -=- Defenestration !!! -=-
Old 10th April 2002, 18:22   #3
Darkain
Major Dude

ok, i did some small modifications to basewnd in the init section that way the assertion failure would not happen. then i changed a few other things around here and there in my code.

i compile in debug mode: it works perfect!

i compile in release mode: window will appear the first time i open up my page within the config, every time after that it doesnt show up at all.

what should be different between debug and release modes in this area that would cause it to behave differently like this?

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 10th April 2002, 19:01   #4
schweitn
Winamp3 Component Guuuru
Beta Team

Send a message via AIM to schweitn Send a message via Yahoo to schweitn
A. Initing twice is generally bad... make sure you are calling isInited() first, and only initing ones that haven't been before...

B. It sounds like you are having invalidate() issues, not Init issues. Init probably does an invalidate down the line which is why it seems to fix the problem.

I'm just shooting from the hip here as I haven't looked at it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Winamp 3 Projects | Winamp 2x Plugin Manager | Explorer Playlist | FileSystem Object | Shoutcast List | Sashimi
Old 10th April 2002, 19:09   #5
Darkain
Major Dude

well... im not too sure about this... but it seems that the reason why when i call INIT it worked is because i am passing different params to it.

I have it set up right now to create the window fom an XML file using that SVC thing or wha ever it is, and i believe this is passing the wrong parentwnd paramater over to INIT.

i duno anythingbout this validate stuff, so ill go and look into that right now and see if that will improve anything at all.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 16th April 2002, 18:23   #6
Brennan
Monkey Hump Master

What you need to do is create a groupdef for your config item and call setCfXml() on yourself. Then when your component's icon is clicked on, the group will be created and put into the config component. You can register a skin file in your component constructor with registerSkinFile() and then call setCfgXml() with the name of the group.

We'll try to get an example of this into the SDK ASAP too.

--Brennan

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp3 > Wasabi Development