Old 26th November 2005, 12:50   #1961
TazDevil

Quote:
Originally posted by mrym
actually cache file was created though..whenever i open winamp, dl re-reads tags.

dl doesn't save customized column header(order,size,etc).

drag'n drop/send to playlist is something wrong. see attachment.
your issue is conencted with default sorting option, as i said in my long post, please say all your variables that might conenct your problem...

From the pics we cant see which is the default sorting initially, DL sorts the columns as they were added initially, but on restart it sorts with intended column but for similar items in that column it uses default sort. (see the arrow on the headers)
i hope i am right here.

Quote:
Originally posted by Balayop Hi

I discovered 2 weeks ago and use it every day since then. And, as French speaker, I have this question about search with special characters : for example, when i search for words containing "é", I'd like to get the "e" as well (or the opposite, search for bireli and get biréli as answer)

Hope this is possible, and not mentioned before, I haven't read the 48 previous pages.
This feature exists but there is no gui about it, and i dont think it has been documented

you create a text file in %Winamp%\Plugins\dl directory called replace.txt and add one of the two below
é=e
e=é
and you will be happy.

NEW Multiple Output Plugin v1.5 | Download | outputs data to one or more audio/file output devices
Crystal Classic Skins v1.1 | Download | transparency effects for classic skins

Last edited by TazDevil; 26th November 2005 at 13:14.
TazDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2005, 13:51   #1962
mrym

Quote:
Originally posted by TazDevil
your issue is conencted with default sorting option, as i said in my long post, please say all your variables that might conenct your problem...

From the pics we cant see which is the default sorting initially, DL sorts the columns as they were added initially, but on restart it sorts with intended column but for similar items in that column it uses default sort. (see the arrow on the headers)
i hope i am right here.
sorry about that.
cache was created and works.
something fucked up my system...

as for the column thing it still can't save custom settings when i restart winamp.

what i tried are...
1: clean install winamp5.112lite
2: install dl
3: open winamp and dl(default settings, not add root)then hide some columns and replace column order.
4: close and restart winamp.
result: column order returned to default settings.

my system is w2k sp4

as for the drag'n drop playlist thing i will explain more clearly tomorrow.
mrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2005, 13:53   #1963
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by mrym
[B]sorry about that.
cache was created and works.
something fucked up my system...
No you are absolutely right...I am a bit confused, though I have tracked the problem to the playlists. If you have a root playlist at least with files from a folder root the cache won't save them...working on it.

Quote:
as for the column thing it still can't save custom settings when i restart winamp.
This has been confirmed and fixed.

Quote:
as for the drag'n drop playlist thing i will explain more clearly tomorrow.
Think this is fixed too. try next release...which will be due when I can fix the cache shit
Joonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2005, 14:44   #1964
Joonas
Forum King

Beta 31.91
* Fix for playlist sorting (I think?)
* Fix for cache problems
* Fix for column settings not saved.

@jojo 544: Alt+Enter...argh! I hate ML! Have to talk to benski what is going on here though...seems like ML is eating the message

[edit]
Taz: I don't quite understood your MSN message...did it sort the wrong column? Cause you should be able to sort by path even though the path column itself can't be seen. That's not a bug...
[/edit]

Last edited by Joonas; 26th November 2005 at 15:02.
Old 26th November 2005, 16:53   #1965
TazDevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Joonas
Beta 31.91
* Fix for cache problems

@jojo 544: Alt+Enter...argh! I hate ML! Have to talk to benski what is going on here though...seems like ML is eating the message

[edit]
Taz: I don't quite understood your MSN message...did it sort the wrong column? Cause you should be able to sort by path even though the path column itself can't be seen. That's not a bug...
[/edit]
Yeah you are right, it is that the arrow sorting appears on the previous from the hidden column, and i thought that it was actually sorting the data but i was wrong :S

NEW Multiple Output Plugin v1.5 | Download | outputs data to one or more audio/file output devices
Old 26th November 2005, 20:44   #1966
Joonas
Forum King

Beta 32
* Fix for arrow being drawn wrong with sorting
* Fix for Alt+Enter in ML.
Old 27th November 2005, 06:36   #1967
mrym

Quote:
Beta 31.91
* Fix for cache problems
working fine. thanks
mrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2005, 12:54   #1968
Lion12

Quote:
Beta 32
Thank you! Beta 32 rocks!

I will list some points i noticed while testing and might cause some user confusion - it's on you to decide if it's relevant to change:
- root management -> refresh -> automatically is enabled in playlistroot rightclick menu which makes no sense.
- some dialogs effect windows program event sounds - this is bothering while WA is playing. Is there a easy way to turn this off?

lin

No, I'm not Lion King - neither related by marriage!
bookmarks: Joonas | DrO | shane.h
discussion bookmarks: DL | AL | JTFE | TRAP | Toaster | AWA | SUI | MlTree
Lion12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2005, 13:09   #1969
jojo 544
Major Dude

Quote:
Beta 32
Awesome

I think B32 is a good release candidate, i would ask people not to make much more feature requests, or changes. Just let's get all bugs out first (if there are , but i'm sure it needs more testing).

*sigh (still) under construction*
jojo 544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2005, 13:28   #1970
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Lion12
[B]Thank you! Beta 32 rocks!

I will list some points i noticed while testing and might cause some user confusion - it's on you to decide if it's relevant to change:
- root management -> refresh -> automatically is enabled in playlistroot rightclick menu which makes no sense.
True, I'll disable that.

Quote:
- some dialogs effect windows program event sounds - this is bothering while WA is playing. Is there a easy way to turn this off?
Huh? I wouldn't know I guess...I hate Windows sounds so I have them all turned off...not really sure if you can supress them though if they are activated?
Any message in particular you mean?
Old 27th November 2005, 14:01   #1971
Lion12

Quote:
Huh? I wouldn't know I guess...I hate Windows sounds so I have them all turned off...not really sure if you can supress them though if they are activated?
Any message in particular you mean?
Information/confirmation dialogs - only thought there is a dialog property to supress this - not sure. Ignore it if it is time consuming.

No, I'm not Lion King - neither related by marriage!
bookmarks: Joonas | DrO | shane.h
discussion bookmarks: DL | AL | JTFE | TRAP | Toaster | AWA | SUI | MlTree
Lion12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2005, 14:04   #1972
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Lion12
Information/confirmation dialogs - only thought there is a dialog property to supress this - not sure. Ignore it if it is time consuming.
no there's no dialog property for this...as I said, I don't think it can be supressed in any other way than supressing it for all Windows dialogs...
Old 28th November 2005, 21:46   #1973
poisonborz

Agreed, B32 is a great release candidate... No bugs, age-old cache problems finally solved with previous shutdown timer variable... becouse of this, I think it should not be buried only in gen_dl.ini - it should have a simple option in Preferences too... no editbox, just a checkbox like "double shutdown timeout" with a questionmark-button, telling this should only be triggered if user has lot of files+chache problems.

One tiny bit of feature request though...actually a repeated one. Boolean search expressions would be wonderful and unique feature... not everything, just the most important ones, like typing madonna -"american live" would exclude items containing that phrase, or typing *rock* would only search that item (so, items like rockafeller excluded).

Everyone please comment of usefullnes of the above, even if it should propably be dropped if it's hard to implement.
poisonborz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2005, 09:24   #1974
Dick65

Quote:
poisonborz
One tiny bit of feature request though...actually a repeated one. Boolean search expressions would be wonderful and unique feature... not everything, just the most important ones, like typing madonna -"american live" would exclude items containing that phrase, or typing *rock* would only search that item (so, items like rockafeller excluded).
Definitely for it. I always wanted to request this (maybe I did? I can't remember). OR would be nice, too.
Dick65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2005, 09:49   #1975
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Dick65
Definitely for it. I always wanted to request this (maybe I did? I can't remember). OR would be nice, too.
Yes it's useful but a pain to implement.
Old 29th November 2005, 09:58   #1976
TazDevil

LOL, i was just about to say that !
Such a system should be given a lot of thought...

Old 29th November 2005, 10:32   #1977
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
LOL, i was just about to say that !
Such a system should be given a lot of thought...
Also it will probably be much easier if DL worked with a database in the background...this is something planned for DL 2.1 (or something) but that version will probably be pushed to the future a bit since Monday is my first day at work and I probably have to put a lot of time there in the beginning...

But for now, treat beta 32 as a release candidate. I know there is some language strings yet to be fixed. Either post here or mail me any comments to what needs to be changed for the final release of DL2.
Old 29th November 2005, 15:12   #1978
poisonborz

Quote:
But for now, treat beta 32 as a release candidate. I know there is some language strings yet to be fixed. Either post here or mail me any comments to what needs to be changed for the final release of DL2.
Right... I think I'm not the only one who waits only for the signal to translate the b32 language file
Old 30th November 2005, 21:35   #1979
Balayop

About the "é" & "e" stuff

Quote:
This feature exists but there is no gui about it, and i dont think it has been documented

you create a text file in %Winamp%\Plugins\dl directory called replace.txt and add one of the two below
é=e
e=é
and you will be happy.
I've been trying it unsuccessfully. Tested with betas 31 & 32.
Thanks for any trick

Balayop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2005, 21:39   #1980
jojo 544
Major Dude

For me it works fine, sure you are doing exactly as described?
Maybe something else is interfe,ring.

*sigh (still) under construction*
jojo 544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2005, 22:02   #1981
TazDevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Balayop
About the "é" & "e" stuff

I've been trying it unsuccessfully. Tested with betas 31 & 32.
Thanks for any trick

Attach your file here...
and tell me the path that you put it in..
so i can help you out

Old 1st December 2005, 00:08   #1982
Balayop

File created in "C:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins\dl"
Old 1st December 2005, 00:09   #1983
Balayop

Oups, forgot the file
Attached Files
File Type: txt replace.txt.txt (3 Bytes, 258 views)
Old 1st December 2005, 00:12   #1984
Balayop

Ok, nevermind, i figured it out : the file name was replace.txt.txt, i didn't noticed it with the windows xp extension masking thing
It's alright now
Old 1st December 2005, 04:03   #1985
TazDevil

Cool Balayop, happy you have resolved it your self...

Ohh and i think that jojo could begin translating right ?
its been 1-2 days and we had no major complaints so i guess no more changes are due for the moment ?

Old 1st December 2005, 07:48   #1986
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Cool Balayop, happy you have resolved it your self...

Ohh and i think that jojo could begin translating right ?
its been 1-2 days and we had no major complaints so i guess no more changes are due for the moment ?
You can all begin to translate yes...I will start mention in the thread the language strings I add so it will be easier to keep track of it all
Old 1st December 2005, 11:17   #1987
Joonas
Forum King

There is a bug in the sorting when you play an entire folder...it only surfaces if you make several sorts...like Artist AND Title etc. which makes a combined sort...not sure how to fix it though. It is because when you choose Play folder it will make a sort of that folder...it won't understand if you have made several sorts after each other...

So this might just be the way it is...

Not sure how reproducable it is for you guys though since there was some other bugs in there too...would always pick Default sort for example...
Old 1st December 2005, 12:21   #1988
TazDevil

OMG Jonas has found a bug...

Well Jonas i think it works fine for me...

One note thought.
Are you playing a folder with different artists, or albums, if you are doing an album sort or is the folder strictly for a sinlge album and artist (subfolders ?) ?

Because i have Artist/Album/Track sorting method...
But this method cannot cope with a folder with multiple artists, because DL sorts first the Artist, then sub-sorts the Album and then sub sorts the track number... so i get only a sort of Artist only and if multiple songs are from that artist then those songs are ordered by track number too.

If that is the bug i think it is ok, because if DL were to make a global sort of Artist then again for Album then for track, then track sorting will prevail of course but the sub-sorting for Album is lost, and you would get a simple track number sorting making all the other sorts irrelevant.

If thats it, then its not a bug, i think it is the way DL sorting works...

And if you are taking feature requests yet...
I think it would be better to add a custom sorting method where there is an eddi box and the user chooses which columns to sort in the line of %Album%; %Track%; %Artist%;

As you see my sorting would be a little different than the standard Artist, Album, Track sort, which i think it might resolve the issue i have addressed above...

Old 1st December 2005, 12:31   #1989
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
OMG Jonas has found a bug...

Well Jonas i think it works fine for me...

One note thought.
Are you playing a folder with different artists, or albums, if you are doing an album sort or is the folder strictly for a sinlge album and artist (subfolders ?) ?

Because i have Artist/Album/Track sorting method...
But this method cannot cope with a folder with multiple artists, because DL sorts first the Artist, then sub-sorts the Album and then sub sorts the track number... so i get only a sort of Artist only and if multiple songs are from that artist then those songs are ordered by track number too.

If that is the bug i think it is ok, because if DL were to make a global sort of Artist then again for Album then for track, then track sorting will prevail of course but the sub-sorting for Album is lost, and you would get a simple track number sorting making all the other sorts irrelevant.

If thats it, then its not a bug, i think it is the way DL sorting works...

And if you are taking feature requests yet...
I think it would be better to add a custom sorting method where there is an eddi box and the user chooses which columns to sort in the line of %Album%; %Track%; %Artist%;

As you see my sorting would be a little different than the standard Artist, Album, Track sort, which i think it might resolve the issue i have addressed above...
There won't be any custom-sorting in DL2. if there's some specific sort you'd like it can be added at the bottom of the sort menu though...

The problem I am mentioning above is when you have say the same album for all songs in a directory. Then your default sort maybe is track #. If you then would click Album it will re-sort but since the album is the same the listview will look the same. When you select Play from the folder menu DL will sort with Album in mind. This sort will not be based on Track # though as the other sort was. That means you will likely not get the same file list in the Playlist Editor as you do in the listview....
Old 1st December 2005, 12:44   #1990
TazDevil

Hmm yea i see it now...
but if you move to another folder and go back the sort is as the PE (but that is not a solution)
Also "Last Column" sorting will not post items to PE as they are in listview, but will resort internally to that column only and then post them to PE

[edit]
also we need the "Sent To" enu for folders to send to apps and playlists the whole folder..
It was discussed previously and we agreed

Old 1st December 2005, 12:50   #1991
Dick65

Quote:
The problem I am mentioning above is when you have say the same album for all songs in a directory. Then your default sort maybe is track #. If you then would click Album it will re-sort but since the album is the same the listview will look the same. When you select Play from the folder menu DL will sort with Album in mind. This sort will not be based on Track # though as the other sort was. That means you will likely not get the same file list in the Playlist Editor as you do in the listview....
I can reproduce that. And it's not good, as you'd really expect the files in the same order after pressing play folder.
However, as I use default sort artist/album/track and don't re-sort I always get what I want.
Dick65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2005, 12:55   #1992
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Dick65
I can reproduce that. And it's not good, as you'd really expect the files in the same order after pressing play folder.
However, as I use default sort artist/album/track and don't re-sort I always get what I want.
I agree it's not good...but I don't have time to do anything about it now, and leaving tomorrow morning. I'll see if I can do something about it next week.

I also usually use default sort so I have never seen it before...but now I wanted to re-sort for some reason and was stomped on why it did like that
Old 1st December 2005, 15:23   #1993
daTerminehtor

Was pointed to this thread from here...

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=232267

I use this plugin to manage my playlists, and only my playlists. It does exactly what I need!
So, thanks a bunch for that.

Question and a bug (!)

1. In Winamp proper, the playlist manager, when minimized, there is a button to browse playlists. To have this plugin minimize and do the same would be great (others would be able to browse their folders I'd imagine).

2. - bug - when Winamp is minimized to the tray, 2 instances of Dynamic Library appear on the context menu when right clicked (sure thats been mentioned before, but not going to read through 50 pages to see).

Again, thanks for the great plugin.

daT
daTerminehtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2005, 16:06   #1994
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by daTerminehtor
I use this plugin to manage my playlists, and only my playlists. It does exactly what I need!
So, thanks a bunch for that.
You're welcome

Quote:
Question and a bug (!)

1. In Winamp proper, the playlist manager, when minimized, there is a button to browse playlists. To have this plugin minimize and do the same would be great (others would be able to browse their folders I'd imagine).
Heh, that's not in Winamp proper, it's when you're using modern skins, which in itself is a plugin. I'll see if I can hack that menu though to achieve the feature you want.

Quote:
2. - bug - when Winamp is minimized to the tray, 2 instances of Dynamic Library appear on the context menu when right clicked (sure thats been mentioned before, but not going to read through 50 pages to see).
Haven't been mentioned but I can't recreate it either...anyone?

[edit]
Hmm, I can reproduce maybe...though it is another modern skin bug
[/edit]

Last edited by Joonas; 1st December 2005 at 17:58.
Old 1st December 2005, 18:10   #1995
daTerminehtor

Addendum...

Using only built in Modern Skins...
and using latest beta.

And, thanks for looking into this.
daTerminehtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2005, 21:12   #1996
boast

for some reason, an album folder i have stays on top for 'sort by created" though the date clearly is older than the real "last created" music under it. removing the folder from the root fixes the problem.

and why does it flicker when i scroll left and right on the DL window?

thanks.
boast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2005, 21:22   #1997
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by boast
for some reason, an album folder i have stays on top for 'sort by created" though the date clearly is older than the real "last created" music under it. removing the folder from the root fixes the problem.

and why does it flicker when i scroll left and right on the DL window?

thanks.
Not to be mean...but this is a brilliant example of giving me nothing to work with...

I need an example or at least a screenshot of the files causing your problem...
(also Sort by created isn't even an option but I guess you mean Sort by Last changed?)

As for flicker when you scroll left and right I have no idea...no flicker on my part...
Old 1st December 2005, 21:59   #1998
boast

sorry about that.

//is there going to be 'sort by created'?

and heres a screenshot

boast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2005, 02:01   #1999
TazDevil

@ boast

ok as you see from the pic you sent, at some point you have changed your system clock to the 20th Dec 2005 which has not come yet, and then you created, those files, or extracted them from an archive or something...

So first of all you should make sure that your system clock is correct and search a utility in google for altering those dates, to set them to something else...

That is why you are getting this issue which is really not related to DL

PS: and some-one please make that picture smaller, (it spoils my browsing experience )

Old 2nd December 2005, 12:32   #2000
poisonborz

Okay, kinda feature request...

When I start Winamp, DL stars, beginst to cache files... As I already mentioned 100 times, I have a lot of times, so it's always a few minutes till DL initializes - and while doing that, it consumes many resources. So, whenever I don't need DL, I press 'esc' while caching...

But next time I run winamp, DL only caches the files that were cached last time. I have to rebuild the whole cache to have all my music back in DL. This shouldn't be so. DL should cache always all the files on startup... Or there should be an option if it should - or a solution to stop DL from loading the cache without harming it.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development