Old 23rd October 2005, 17:21   #1
Tobes

Mixer only opens record settings and not playback?

Hi,

I have tested my output stream with my shoutcast plugin set to use the winamp output, and it works great.

but when i try and select the soundcard output, i can not get the playback mixer to open to enable the output channel, i can open the record mixer but thats all, when i select properties from the DSP render (record settings window)a window pops up, "recording" and "other" can be selected, but playback is greyed out

Im using a Soundscape mixtreme soundcard, its a 16 in 16 out digi soundcard, but i know i used to be able to stream with the same card a few years back, maybe its the new winamp.

any ideas? thanks for all your help.

Tobes

p.s running XP sp2
Tobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2005, 06:06   #2
Nick@ss

have you got the playback mixer enabled in your windows control panel sounds?

<shrug>
Nick@ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2005, 10:59   #3
Tobes

nick@ss thanks for your advice mate, it seems you help a lot of people around here, thanks,,,,,,,,

now my 16 track sound card runs off its own mixer, and by defualt the windows mixer does not get used.

Now i have been to my control panel/sound & audio devices, and checked to see for the setting you mention, and i dont see that setting, obviously i have all the playback and record options set to my soundcard, would be so chuffed to get this working, i have a live show next month, and if i cant use this soundcard, then my whole studio wont run.

but like i said before, i have done shoutcast broadcast years ago, and it worked fine with the same soundcard, so im hoping some setting is just keeping the playback controls down for some reason.

have a look, you can see the playback area greyed out, its bizzare as when i try and open the mixer, the window "DSP Render" opens twice but the soundcard is working fine when i use soundforge or logic.

any other ideas? thanks again............Tobes

Old 24th October 2005, 11:45   #4
Nick@ss

just out of interest?

what happens when you change the default device?

are there any other options there that you can select?
Old 24th October 2005, 12:47   #5
Tobes

hi nick,

heres what it says, ive tried them all and i get the same response every time, im assuming shoutcast just cant link to it for some reason, i tried the earlier version of winamp 2.6 & 2.61 with the latest shoutcast dll, and the previous 1.?.8 dll but still the same problem, i dont know if im able to get hold of the shoutcast version from a couple of years back, that one worked, but that was before SP2.

i apreciate your help, thanks..........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg devices.jpg (78.6 KB, 158 views)
Old 24th October 2005, 16:12   #6
Nick@ss

this is looking more and more like a software issue with your souncard than a shoutcast issue,, might be worth seeing if the manufacturers have a messageboard to see if they have seen this before (might help)

also it may be worth seeing what happens if you use the windows default setting as like you say shoutcast is not picking up a the playback mixer software that it uses,

do you have any settings in your soundcard package that open up the playback mixer? might be worth using the software to open the playback mixer and let shoutcast open the recording mixer..

also you can use the lastest versions of winamp and shoutcast but i dont think it will have any effect,

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....61641#post1761
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=225027

try a software driver update and see if it fixes your problems as it may be a driver issue,

try another soundcard for testing if you can to see if it works on there,,,

just for your information to enable the soundcard mode you need to be setting your recording mixer and not your playback mixer as you need to set it to whatever line you are using,, and control the output volumes on there,,,

ill ideas to see if it solves ya probs, hope you get it sorted good luck
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support