Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 18th July 2008, 08:19   #1
edbravo

SqrSoft Advanced Crossfading Plug in Crash with new 5.54

Hi there. I love the new 5.54 but I got one big issue. After installing 5.54, whenever I try to configure Sqr Soft Advanced Crossfading, windows will produce a system error message and it will close my winamp? Why? Anyone could pls help me. Appreciate it. Thanks

Ps: I have tried searching for solution but nothing in this forum.
edbravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2008, 16:12   #2
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

SqrSoft Advanced Crossfading is a 3rd party plug-in, so it isn't supported here.

You should contact the author of the plug-in and ask for a compatibility update.

http://www.sqrsoft.com.ar/index.php
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2008, 00:22   #3
TheAlbumMan

Re: SqrSoft Advanced Crossfading Plug in Crash with new 5.54

Quote:
Originally posted by edbravo
Hi there. I love the new 5.54 but I got one big issue. After installing 5.54, whenever I try to configure Sqr Soft Advanced Crossfading, windows will produce a system error message and it will close my winamp? Why? Anyone could pls help me. Appreciate it.
It happened to me too and the author has been emailed. Hopefully there will be a fix soon.

The Album Man
TheAlbumMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2008, 23:02   #4
Mixsynth

It's happening to me too (trying to access SQRSoft crossfading configure window crashes Winamp 5.54).

OT: Also, since at least a couple of Winamp versions ago, neither the crossfader nor the accompanying controller plugin have been able to save any preferences and require re-setting every time Winamp is loaded. I hope, if the author is reading this, he can fix this problem too? SQRSoft crossfading is a brilliant app, so perfect for DJ'ing, and it'd be a pity to have to drop it merely for want of a couple of simple updates...
Mixsynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2008, 23:50   #5
TheAlbumMan

Quote:
Originally posted by Mixsynth
It's happening to me too (trying to access SQRSoft crossfading configure window crashes Winamp 5.54).

OT: Also, since at least a couple of Winamp versions ago, neither the crossfader nor the accompanying controller plugin have been able to save any preferences and require re-setting every time Winamp is loaded. I hope, if the author is reading this, he can fix this problem too? SQRSoft crossfading is a brilliant app, so perfect for DJ'ing, and it'd be a pity to have to drop it merely for want of a couple of simple updates...
Good news! I received the following email from the author of the plugin today.

I'm actualy working in a fix, will be ready in a few days...
Thnak you for your interest in the plugin!!!
Regards,
Mariano.
Old 24th July 2008, 18:09   #6
vice86

Send a message via AIM to vice86 Send a message via Yahoo to vice86
yeah..got the same email too...when on XP I was using Winamp 2.91 and the 1.72v of Crossfader with no issues at all...now in Vista..I have this problem..even worse now is that Winamp isn't playing any mp3 files!!!
vice86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 18:15   #7
JonnyMac

Until SqrSoft ACF is updated, you might want to consider using Winamp's default cross-fade.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 18:37   #8
Mixsynth

Thanks JonnyMac; unfortunately it's just no match for ACF. The best feature of ACF (for me at least) isn't so much its crossfading but actually its gap killer, which brings in the next track when the current song is fading out. Winamp's crossfader has a "silence remover" which is similar, but rather than layer the next track over the end of the current one as ACF does, it just abrubtly switches to the next track and cuts off the end of the current one, which just isn't acceptable for DJ work. If Winamp's crossfader fixed this problem, I'd consider using it.
Mixsynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 20:40   #9
zsbmaua

Here I swapped the name of the file dsp_sps.dll to dsp_sps.dl_ and Winamp no more crashes.
zsbmaua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 20:46   #10
vice86

Send a message via AIM to vice86 Send a message via Yahoo to vice86
ok..this is weird now...installed Winamp 2.91, installed SqrSoft XFader 1.7...doesn't crash when I go to configure it like it was yesterday. As long as this works...I'm happy..lol.
vice86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 01:37   #11
TheAlbumMan

Quote:
Originally posted by Mixsynth
Thanks JonnyMac; unfortunately it's just no match for ACF. The best feature of ACF (for me at least) isn't so much its crossfading but actually its gap killer, which brings in the next track when the current song is fading out. Winamp's crossfader has a "silence remover" which is similar, but rather than layer the next track over the end of the current one as ACF does, it just abrubtly switches to the next track and cuts off the end of the current one, which just isn't acceptable for DJ work. If Winamp's crossfader fixed this problem, I'd consider using it.
You are absolutely correct! I've been using ACF for a long time too and nothing comes close. I'm an old AOR radio jock and seques were my specialty and this program comes close to the way I used to do them.
Old 28th July 2008, 19:40   #12
rl45401

Send a message via AIM to rl45401
Any Update?

Has anyone heard yet if the update is available or other solutions?
rl45401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2008, 15:56   #13
Nivekian

Quote:
Originally posted by zsbmaua
Here I swapped the name of the file dsp_sps.dll to dsp_sps.dl_ and Winamp no more crashes.
This almost works... except now it crashes when I try to adjust any of the buffers.
Nivekian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2008, 07:29   #14
miltonb2

ACF crash turn around

Just removing Winamp\Plugins\dsp_sps.dll (or renaming it as .dl_)
gets rid of this problem (no side effect ?)

as posted elsewhere
miltonb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2008, 19:29   #15
Skrypskja

Renaming dsp_sps.dll to dsp_sps.dl_ makes it possible to access and modify the settings. But you really should change it back afterwards, otherwhise it won't make smooth crossfadings anymore, if created a gap here.
Skrypskja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2008, 00:22   #16
djpete
Major Dude

using 1.72 sqr with latest wa on Xp service pack 2.
No issues to report.
Used all the time for djing.

Cheers, Pete

Anything & Everything Winamp - All In One Place...
Winamp Enthusiasts Group
djpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 23:25   #17
TheAlbumMan

For those who have been waiting for the fix, the author (Mariano) has updated his awesome Sqrsoft crossfader to v1.76.1179 and says more features are coming soon! Can't imagine what else would be needed. http://www.sqrsoft.com.ar/
Old 16th November 2008, 17:25   #18
Moonbase

TheAlbumMan: Could you PM me the link please? (Since you’re »Junior Member«, they don’t show up except for admins.)

(And YES, same problem here on v5.541. And YES, SqrSoft Xfade is still the best.)

EDIT: Just found the new v1.7.6.1180 (which DISPLAYS as v1.7.6.1179 in the Output Plug-ins list, so need to check »About«) and it works with Winamp v5.541. Great.

Last edited by Moonbase; 16th November 2008 at 17:45.
Moonbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion