Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

let's get drunk and post naughty words!

Go read a book without pictures
pabook? | Look, a blog! | Buy Stuff I Wrote
Fickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2003, 16:48   #163
caserock90

Send a message via ICQ to caserock90 Send a message via AIM to caserock90 Send a message via Yahoo to caserock90
wheres phillibaby? he would have a cow and quotes from newspapers by now... I havent been here in months, but im glad this place still feels like home.

caserock90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2003, 17:14   #164
spiderbaby1958
Major Dude

Look, I'm sorry, but nobody here gets lockage until Fickle changes his signature.
spiderbaby1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2003, 17:17   #165
oNaMiSsIo
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to oNaMiSsIo
ummmm, spiderbaby? only mods can hand out padlocks.

My advice is to start drinking heavily. - John Belushi, Animal House
oNaMiSsIo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2003, 17:42   #166
spiderbaby1958
Major Dude

Sorry, I don't know what that means. But to hell with it. I'm done having discourse with u monkeys.
Old 17th July 2003, 17:47   #167
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

padlock = locking a thread when it becomes a flame war or if the original threader starter requests it. and there are other reasons a mod can lock it, but those are the main two. btw, spider, becareful with your sig.
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2003, 23:09   #168
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

hmmmm didn't read the entire tread, but seriously....

if america isolated itself, it would hurt america as much as it would hurt everyone else, just imagine what a blow it would be to Microsoft, Hollywood, Coca Cola, Oracle, IBM etc, if they were cut of from exporting to Europe and Asia, besides it's not realy possible in any case, so end of argument.

On another note, big things have happened in Europe since WWII, i strongly believe the countries of atleast the European Union are perfectly able to defend ourselves of any threat - what so ever...
technolocialy we're behind the US, but not that much, and in terms of millitary manpower, it's greater than that of the US, especially with the new countries joining the union. The argument that us Europeans are not able to defend ourselves, are simply not valid anymore.

Where we need the US, is in UN backed peace missions in civil wars, to avoid conflicts destabelizing whole regions. Of which i by the way can't see are more a European problem than an American one!?

Finaly how can you expect people around the world, just to accept the US goverment working against the Kyoto agreement, the international war crimes tribunal, the UN and god knows what else. It (and the war in Iraq) sends a very clear signal to the outside world that the US does whatever it fucking want's to. And yes, the states are a country powerful enough to do that, but arrogance have never been a way to make friends, have it? so don't whine when people get pissed from it.

Im with France here, i hope future integration in Europe will turn it into a block powerfull enough to rival the US (and it's realy not that far off as americans seem to think, if you compare the US the the whole of EU), if only Blair, Aznar, Fogh and Kwasniewski would align themselves with the rest of Europe, which i do think it going to happen eventually.
ertmann|CPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2003, 23:25   #169
tiger84
Major Dude

I personally don't think the EU will be as strong as you make it out to be. It is more of an alignence of countries than one soverign country. It's more like the Articles of Confederation (well, except it has one monitary system). Sure some strength will be gained, but until all the countries of Europe become one seamless country, they will still be a collection of smaller countries.

If life calls and you're busy, let the answering machine pick-up.

Just so you know, my previous avatar was NOT a swastika, nor did it have much similarity to one. Just thought I'd clear that up since I cannot use my own original art work.
tiger84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2003, 02:21   #170
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

Hey, Spiderbaby: Love the sig! Keep it forever!

Old 18th July 2003, 04:23   #171
spiderbaby1958
Major Dude

Sorry, Fickle... turns out that my signature was "against the rules". Damn liberals!
Old 18th July 2003, 04:31   #172
spiderbaby1958
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by ShyShy
btw, spider, becareful with your sig.
I can't figure out if you're being ironic, with your asskisser of the month sig.

I can't believe I'm not banned! What sort of felony do you have to commit?
Old 18th July 2003, 04:33   #173
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
spiderboy, you have PM

/edit it is too big, IM me (dlinkwit27) (only if ou rally want banend tho)

/more edit
you have PM again. but still, if want more, IM me.
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2003, 04:39   #174
Mattress
Forum King

If the EU wants to rise up and become the rival to the US (what a nice ambition for our "allies") the way the USSR used to be, I say good luck. They think it will bring stability if there is so much tension and fear of everyone nuking everyone else to death that the US will stop doing things in the world, just like during the cold war.
Mattress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2003, 05:06   #175
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by spiderbaby1958
Sorry, Fickle... turns out that my signature was "against the rules". Damn liberals!
Perfectly fine. To ensure peace on the sig front, I've removed my quote from the bottom of my own sig.
You have to admit. Taking things out of context can be fun!

Old 18th July 2003, 05:27   #176
Mattress
Forum King

they've recently coined a term for that sort of thing, Fickle, it's called Dowdification.

But it's usually reserved for taking parts of a quote out to make it appear as if a person said something they didn't say, for example, here's a dowdification of your post:
Quote:
..fine... bottom...You have to admit. Taking things out ... can be fun!
Mattress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2003, 08:31   #177
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by spiderbaby1958
I can't figure out if you're being ironic, with your asskisser of the month sig.

actually it was meant to be a friendly warning.
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2003, 09:50   #178
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by Mattress
If the EU wants to rise up and become the rival to the US (what a nice ambition for our "allies") the way the USSR used to be, I say good luck. They think it will bring stability if there is so much tension and fear of everyone nuking everyone else to death that the US will stop doing things in the world, just like during the cold war.
Well, there is some fundamental differences fromt the cold war, first Europe and the United States fundamentaly have the same political and social model, they're interconnected with trade, have freedom of speach/press etc..... so another cold war is not going to happen.

What i ment was, i agree with the french, that the Union should form a political block op oppose the US, when it comes to it's foreign policy.

Make no mistake, this is allready in the making, the draft for the new European constitution formulates that the EU are going to have a strong president and a foreign minister, and the WEU (the European defence charter) is allready in existance

I don't want a new cold war, make no mistake here, but i don't want the US to be unrivaled either, couse they obviously don't handle that very well.
ertmann|CPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2003, 18:35   #179
NecroBob

Send a message via AIM to NecroBob
it's goes back to the same old maxim, "absolute power corrupts absolutely".
we're all people, we have been since any of us can remember, and we all have that ambition, no matter how well it's covered up.
all these Americans (I am one, an American, that is) that piss and moan about M$ and the RIAA being massive monopolist powerhouses that need to be broken up, but then complain about someone else (not unfairly) badmouthing the U.S., are simply hypocrites.

yes, I bash America, as an American, I have the right to do so. I don't believe our sons and daughters should be dying on foreign shores to further that monopolist powerhouse agenda that only benefits the upper %1 of the population, while conveniently fucking over the other %90 (I don't count that other %9 ). and in addition to that, I believe that we should, for the most part, pull out of foreign affairs that simply aren't our concern. Why should we give a flying f*** about some ass-backwards nation in Africa's civil war??? Why are WE charged with being the peacekeepers of the world??
If we intend to do something about that, let other nations that are our "allies" help us, rather than sit back and bask in the resulting glory, whatever that may be.
America is a great nation, but we're not so great as to fix the world, we need to get a cup of coffee and catch our breath.
NecroBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2003, 18:58   #180
tiger84
Major Dude

You seem to be mixing up the tax debate and the war debate.

Just so you know, my previous avatar was NOT a swastika, nor did it have much similarity to one. Just thought I'd clear that up since I cannot use my own original art work.
Old 19th July 2003, 00:36   #181
mazzilla

Yes, the Americans always are left holding the baby/gun/nuke/can of coke. BUT like Tony "Slime" Blair said the Americans had this thrust upon them. They might not have wanted it, but they got it. BTW, Im British and cant stand Tony "scumbag" Blair, so as a present from the UK to the US, at the next UK election, we will let you have Blair for whatever reason, cause he wont have a job here... Americans seem to like him.
mazzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2003, 00:53   #182
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
but how do you really feel about blair?
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2003, 15:51   #183
NecroBob

tiger, how could the "war" (I use that term EXTREMELY lightly) and the failing economy NOT be related???? I have one connection right here: Bush is an incompentent Republican monkey.
Old 19th July 2003, 18:29   #184
tiger84
Major Dude

The war is not being faught for the riches 1% of Americans, but thats a nice conspiracy theory.

And Bush is way better than any of the incompetent monkeys on the Democrat's side.

Old 20th July 2003, 00:42   #185
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by NecroBob
tiger, how could the "war" (I use that term EXTREMELY lightly) and the failing economy NOT be related???? I have one connection right here: Bush is an incompentent Republican monkey.
THE PRESIDENT HAS NO EFFECT ON THE ECONOMY.

Read: The President does not effect the economy. Alan Greenspan does more damage when he wakes up on the wrong side of the bed.

also, history shows that actual wars effect the economy in a good way. Maybe if Congress had actually declared war instead of the President starting a police action....

Blaming the president for the economy is like blaming me when your toenails taste funny.

Old 22nd July 2003, 07:02   #186
tiger84
Major Dude

You know Fickle, I get the sense that people who bash Bush don't want to hear that...[SARCASM]it ruins their arguments. We really should be more considerate of their flawed arguments's right to exist.[/SARCASM]

Old 23rd July 2003, 02:01   #187
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

I'm wating for Spiderbaby to ignore me, but he hasn't been around since he was told to change his sig and called me a nazi. I think there was general disgust and exodus from Breaking News: War on the Forum.

Old 23rd July 2003, 02:23   #188
NecroBob

well, show me how he hasn't royally fucked the economy. lay it out so that a three-year-old chimpanzee with third-stage syphilis could understand it, and I'll take that into consideration.
Old 23rd July 2003, 05:52   #189
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

THE PRESIDENT DOES NOT EFFECT THE ECONOMY.

there, did that work? He can't control it, there's no button he presses. No magical wand he waves. Clinton got lucky with the economy. The economy was faltering before 9/11. The economy is falling because of a wave of nausea after 9/11 and the subsequent mad sale of shares and not buying. Suddenly people paniced. It will take a while to get back to normal. Bush giving tax cuts is trying to get people to spend money, but overall, his effect on the economy is very little, if any.
ALAN GREENSPAN IS THE ONE YOU WANT.
Head of the Federal Reserve (which is a private Firm, not a government branch), he controls essencially, the American Dollar value. The more he prints up, the less the dollar is worth. The Federal Reaserve system has been raping the US for years, driving the federal defecit through the roof.
If we were to invest the country's money back into gold and silver and other precious metals and stone, the value of the american dollar would become again something great. Not only that, but it would effect neighboring countries as well, and in a good way.

But none of this will happen because the American people are sheep, and refuse to listen to anything but what Big Brother tells us : "The President controls the economy."
Wake up, it's bullshit. Whether you believe in the gold/silver standard or not, Bush doesn't control the economy. Neither did Clinton, who was a complete and utter loser.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News