Old 2nd March 2006, 18:40   #161
shakey_snake
Forum Domo

Good point Luigi,
We need seperate restrooms, drinking fountains, bus station waiting rooms, lunch counters and neighborhoods for them gay folk.

We might as well make them stand in the back of the bus, too. :whee:

elevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladylevitateme
shakey_snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2006, 18:52   #162
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by CaboWaboAddict
Regardless of that, my point is that I feel I have a right to take my kids out in public without them seeing indecent behaviour. Gays and lesbians, by virtue of the fact that they want to be 'in your face' with their sexual preferences, will never get any support from me for their cause.
The problem is that they often get treated with more tolerance for bad behavior than straight people. Wouldn't want to start a civil rights suit..... It isn't the only minority group that plays the "whatever" card to justify behavior 99% of us consider offensive.

I think you would have police problems were straight people to act like they do on gay pride weekend.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2006, 20:05   #163
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally posted by zootm
I don't think that that's a "global" thing of gays and lesbians, to be fair — not all are like that, and you notice those that are more because they're prominent. c.f. Intelligent Design-supporting Christians. I do think that that kind of behaviour is unacceptable, but I don't see a reason to denounce all gay people because of it, it's just unfair.

Those who want to be "in your face" come in many varieties, also, and those which march in gay rights parades (which are not indecent) are not the exact same group of people that you see doing these crazy things in public (which clearly are indecent).
why do you equate fundimentalists with gays? Sorry, but promoting a religious belief is not quite the same as lewd behaviour in public. The second one is illegal.

As far as the 'unfair' comment is concerned... its unfair to the vast majority of people to have to put up with all that bullshit.

Quote:
Originally posted by LuigiHann
I've seen straight people pretend to hump people in public.
How many have you seen vs how many straight people in total have you seen?
I believe the truthful answer would be one heluva lot smaller percentage that the number of gay lewd acts in public vs the total number of gays.

Idiot's Advocate
My site (under construction)
CaboWaboAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2006, 21:04   #164
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Well, yes, you should feel no compulsion to participate in any movement. I get the feeling a lot of people do it to ease their own guilt, more than just being "politically correct". Probably undeserved guilt, too.
Yeah, I see what you mean.

Quote:
I don't think there's a particular problem with that, as it is. The main problem is that "disorder", like oh-so-many words, can have negative connotations. If you get brought up on it, I'd expect that 9 times out of 10 it'd be someone taking offence at what you're (probably unintentionally) implying by your use of language, rather than the substance of your point.
True. It's often a bad idea to use a word like "disorder", but I can't really think of an adequate replacement.

Quote:
I think this pretty much hinges around some people having different opinions of "indecent behaviour". I personally don't see a good reason to distinguish between straight people and gay people doing the same thing, but that's probably not a universal opinion.
This is the blurry part of my thoughts on the subject. A man and a woman kissing in public isn't indecent, in general. But a man and a man kissing might be considered to be.

I don't really know how to reconcile that — I don't think people should be subjected to things which the vast majority considers offensive (nudity in public, for example), but how can you say that you're not discriminating against gay people if you won't let them kiss in public?

Of course there should be no law against gays kissing (or anything else a heterosexual couple could do). But can you let an establishment (bar, etc) throw them out for it? Hmm. :-/

Quote:
While I agree that indecent behavior in public by anyone is wrong, I would venture to say that a higher percentage of gays and lesbians partake of it than straight people. I have never seen an orgy by straight people in a public restroom. I have never seen a straight person pretending to fuck someone in the ass on the street. I have seen gay people do both.
Sure, but you can't discriminate against a group simply because that group has a higher percentage of improper conduct.

Quote:
Regardless of that, my point is that I feel I have a right to take my kids out in public without them seeing indecent behaviour. Gays and lesbians, by virtue of the fact that they want to be 'in your face' with their sexual preferences, will never get any support from me for their cause.
They don't necessarily want to be 'in your face', they just don't want to have to hide it. I mean, I'm not gay, but I think I understand where a gay person would be coming from.

[edit]I'm currently listening to "James Taylor - The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" ... it seems incredibly relevant, but I'm not sure why. Weird.[/edit]

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
The DMCA. It really is that bad. : Count for your life.
xzxzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2006, 21:18   #165
LuigiHann
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to LuigiHann
Quote:
Originally posted by shakey_snake
Good point Luigi,
We need seperate restrooms, drinking fountains, bus station waiting rooms, lunch counters and neighborhoods for them gay folk.

We might as well make them stand in the back of the bus, too. :whee:
lol, that's not what I said at all
My point was that, for instance, only gay guys can have sex in public restrooms, because women aren't aloud in there
I think to be fair, co-ed restrooms (and showers!) should be mandatory.

Who is the milkman? What is the purpose of the goggles?
LuigiHann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2006, 21:37   #166
Phyltre
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Phyltre Send a message via Yahoo to Phyltre
Quote:
Originally posted by LuigiHann
I think to be fair, co-ed restrooms (and showers!) should be mandatory.
You, sir, have found the solution. And daily nude showers should be mandatory. Especially at college. Especially with hot, hot water. And no stalls.
Phyltre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2006, 21:47   #167
LuigiHann
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to LuigiHann
Actually, disregarding all that other stuff, daily showers at college should be mandatory. Just, in general. Seriously.

Who is the milkman? What is the purpose of the goggles?
LuigiHann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2006, 22:08   #168
shakey_snake
Forum Domo

Can't...shower... must waste away life on internet...er I mean... study.

elevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladylevitateme
shakey_snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2006, 23:30   #169
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

i've never met a gay person that i didn't like, which is more than I can say about American people (or Japanese, French, German, Danish, Christian or Muslim people, anti abortion supporters etc. for that matter)
ertmann|CPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News