Old 7th November 2002, 23:45   #1
acc6969

read the sticky?

dude.. sorry.. but it's 571 posts deep
I'd rather search through pages of topics than a jumbled mess of replies. Don't really understand the 'sticky' concept with such a vague topic
acc6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2002, 23:48   #2
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

Whats the problem??
Atmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2002, 23:53   #3
acc6969

no problem... just made a rant and had the thread closed and was told to refer to the sticky, and that it had answers to my ranting there.

fair enough, but I wasn't about to search through 571 posts on the hope that the solutions to my bitching might be there

don't you think it would be easier to let the users start new threads for specific subjects, rather than have to search through 100's of posts in one thread that covers EVERY issue people are bitching about? I totally understand the sticky if it's an absolute specific topic...
Old 7th November 2002, 23:54   #4
acc6969

oh god.. I just realized I might have missed a sticky about ranting about sticky's(sp?)
Old 7th November 2002, 23:57   #5
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

If you have a specific problem with winamp3, then refer to the tech support forum, but use the search feature first.

If you just want to post 'winamp3 sux, your all a bunch of losers' then go to the sticky and post it there. Thats what it was created for.
Old 8th November 2002, 00:00   #6
acc6969

haha.. ok ok, I'm on my way there now

but don't put words in my mouth, I never said it sucked, I think it's pretty damned amazing. There's just a few little things I wanted to rant on, and see if anyone else had an opinion on them.
Old 8th November 2002, 00:04   #7
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

Im not putting words in your mouth. Its just that there have been hundreds of threads about how people dont like this or dont like that about winamp3.

If there is a feature you'd like to see implemented, the winamp3 wishlist is there. If you have a problem with it, the tech support forum is there.
Old 8th November 2002, 00:10   #8
acc6969

ok.. why does 'The Bitchlist' exist if people can't just bitch?

1000's of people also don't have the time to read through 1000 posts in a sticky, so cut them a bit of slack if they're not as well informed as you are. I'm not trying to start a flame-fest here or anything, I just think if you don't like bitching, don't read the bitchlist threads.

That's like saying 'We sell chicken burgers' and someone else saying 'I'll take a chicken burger' only to hear 'actually... it's not really chicken, it's cat, and we don't really cook it, you have to do that yourself, and if you don't like it, don't call our customer support line to complain, because we've heard them all before, and you can too if you'd like us to send you our 1000 page 'complaint line faq''.

and that doesn't make any sense to me either, so come on over and give me a hug.. let's just be cool and move on
Old 8th November 2002, 01:02   #9
jyvasaa
Major Dude

i discovered a while back that you can click the print button at the bottom of any page of any thread and you'll get a nice list of all the posts on just one page. it may take a while to load though. have fun

jyvasaa
jyvasaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2002, 03:12   #10
sgtfuzzbubble011

acc6969-
I think this is the sticky thread that you were directed to... not that insanely long bitch thread.

Btw, welcome to the forums.
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2002, 05:00   #11
Ember69

Send a message via AIM to Ember69 Send a message via Yahoo to Ember69
i try searching, but.. none of my problems been fixed yet so oh well
Ember69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2002, 10:22   #12
binary hero
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to binary hero
ember69 - what problems?
(it's a friday, bh pseudo-tech support is in )
binary hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist