Old 20th March 2003, 07:24   #81
icewind43

Just another thanks to CG.

After bouncing between here and Slashdot, I'm starting to get irritated with kids whose 'history' starts in the 1990's. Or who don't feel compelled to find the facts when they have none.

The fact that Saddam murders his opposition, attacks his own people with chemical weapons, and likes the 'human shield' military strategy is enough for me to be convinced he has to be removed. Through in the fact that he has laughed at 17 UN resolutions just adds fuel to the fire. No good will ever come out of him being in power. Time to get him out of their and cut our losses.

I think the most compelling evidence for me was those people I know that are from Iraq who are overjoyed that the US is finally going to do the right thing. They are just waiting for the liberation of Iraq so that their loved ones will finally be free from a ruthless dictator.

And next time somebody decides to roll through France to sack Paris, may God help them because the US sure won't.
icewind43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2003, 09:53   #82
Adil
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Adil Send a message via AIM to Adil Send a message via Yahoo to Adil
"Fact - George W. Bush has an IQ of 83. An IQ of 80 is borderline-retarded. This IQ holds the power to pulverize half the world. Bush cannot pronounce 'subliminal,' has a fifteen-second memory, and doesn't know how to chew properly on a bite-sized pretzel. Bush was once seen looking out of capped binoculars."

Quote:
Originally posted by dlinkwit27
i wnat proof of those "facts"
if only a majority of americans could ask for proofs like you did, would give more sense to what you guys call democratie...

here are some of the proofs you requested:

That dumbass is holding the book upside down...

Being a professional graphics guy myself, I can assure you those pics are authentic.
Adil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2003, 10:06   #83
Trigear
bear!

those pictures are funny but irrelevent. i'm not fan of gw bush myself, but those are both posed shots, and if you've ever posed for a publicity shot before, you'll know you're just handed shit and told to smile.

[edit: and i betcha he can spell potatoe. i mean, poetato. i mean, awww, fuck it.]
Trigear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2003, 10:06   #84
Adil
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Adil Send a message via AIM to Adil Send a message via Yahoo to Adil
Quote:
Originally posted by icewind43
Through in the fact that he has laughed at 17 UN resolutions just adds fuel to the fire.
US governments counter for that is already in the hundreds...

you're a typical cnn / US propaganda fanboy.
be proud of yourself little fellow, you're a very good citizen
Old 20th March 2003, 10:11   #85
Adil
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by triGEAR
those pictures are funny but irrelevent. i'm not fan of gw bush myself, but those are both posed shots, and if you've ever posed for a publicity shot before, you'll know you're just handed shit and told to smile.

[edit: and i betcha he can spell potatoe. i mean, poetato. i mean, awww, fuck it.]

hahaha the funny thing is that it's always the same person who acts that stupid.. he's been a president for only two years now, the french president has been there for almost ten years and I've never seen him do something that dumb.

I guess a large part of the americans are protecting their president just cause if they dont they will be ashamed to death for electing a retarded ignorant.
Old 20th March 2003, 16:28   #86
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

Guess what? Saddam shot a couple of SCUDs. A BANNED weapon. What was that you say? He disarmed? HA! Iraq will be taken by the end of next month. And even that's a lot longer than my real prediction.

Go read a book without pictures
pabook? | Look, a blog! | Buy Stuff I Wrote
Fickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2003, 16:42   #87
caserock90

Send a message via ICQ to caserock90 Send a message via AIM to caserock90 Send a message via Yahoo to caserock90
Interesting how no middle easterners are not posting today...wonder why?

*laughing*

caserock90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2003, 18:23   #88
Gorgeus

Send a message via ICQ to Gorgeus
This is relatively unrelated to current discussion, but I feel I should make one more point:

What's the consequence of this war? What would you do as the head of an arabic or any other state ?

Only answer: Get weapons! Get them fast! Get nuclear bombs, because than you can do real harm to others (Israel e.g.) and the U.S. can't solve this with a war, they would have to negotiate, and you don't depend on their mercy any more.

That's the irony. Iraq doesn't get attacked because it is so dangerous. The opposite is true.

We will fall back into an area of cold war. Too bad this time there will be psychos at the trigger.

That's peace policy made in the US.
Gorgeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2003, 19:03   #89
Digitalhigh

Quote:
hahaha the funny thing is that it's always the same person who acts that stupid.. he's been a president for only two years now, the french president has been there for almost ten years and I've never seen him do something that dumb.

I guess a large part of the americans are protecting their president just cause if they dont they will be ashamed to death for electing a retarded ignorant.
That's one french president versus one American president. Why don't we dust off the entire list of presidents to come to term since, oh, Andrew Jackson? A. Jackson was responsible for the deaths of several million indians, yet he's on the front of a $20. Bush's term isn't over yet, and until we can see the aftermath, it's ridiculous to claim the man's completely fucking retarded over two pictures, this supposed IQ score, etc. I'm guessing that if the man that became president actually had an IQ of 83, it would NOT have just floated it's way into public knowledge. IQ test have to be conducted by a psychologist, which means violations of client-confidentiality laws and all that fun horseshit.

And protecting my president? Sure, it's called Patriotism. What country are you from? Let's have a go at your country for a few minutes, I'm sure I can find some kind of chinks in the armor.

(But it's good to see you've stopped hacking people's quotes )
Digitalhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2003, 19:22   #90
Assmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Assmaster
Jeez... I so fucking tired of this. Why does the US have to control everything that goes on in this world? WHY do you have to impose you "moral" and "democracy" on others? Every time you go to war to "save the world" you fuck up, and end up causing more damage than the very "enemy" you're fighting!!

You are not "the greatest nation in the world", far from it, so get over yourselves!
Assmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2003, 20:03   #91
Digitalhigh

Quote:
Why does the US have to control everything that goes on in this world? WHY do you have to impose you "moral" and "democracy" on others?
So you'd have been happier if the Nazis had just stayed in Norway back in 1940 instead of living the sort of free life you're used to now? Sweet. Hopefully, we pull out of Iraq and Saddam can have his way with your country in another fifteen years.
Old 20th March 2003, 20:10   #92
Assmaster

I KNEW I would get that "we saved you all" in WW2 bull. I am very thankful for all the American help Norway got during WW2, but a lot has changed since then.

I can't see how bombing Iraq, is going to make peace? Violence leads to more violence....
Old 20th March 2003, 20:17   #93
Adil
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by caserock90
Interesting how no middle easterners are not posting today...wonder why?

*laughing*
hahaha, if you're talking about me buddy, I'm not from the mideast...
and to answer you're very smart question, I'd tell you I had better things to do than checking this forum. + I think I've proved the stupidness of mr bush and his war, so until someone adds an intelligent post arguying with what I said, I'd just leave you guys get back to the thread's topic which, I remind you, is "Woooo War! Yeah!!!"

heh, childish.
Old 20th March 2003, 20:27   #94
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Curi0us_George Send a message via Yahoo to Curi0us_George
Quote:
Originally posted by Adil

For one thing, the public doesn't watch the French president the way they watch the American president. For another thing, those images were taken from a "political humor" sight. It's entirely possible that they are fakes. I don't care whether you are "a professional graphics guy". Also, please read my last post. It's entirely possible to look into a pair of binoculars before realizing that they are capped. It's entirely possible to be handed a book and not realize that it's upside down. It doesn't mean you're stupid.

And for the record, I don't deny that Bush is clumsy. I just don't see how it matters.

Quote:
Originally posted by Assmaster
You are not "the greatest nation in the world", far from it, so get over yourselves!
Yes we are.

Quote:
I KNEW I would get that "we saved you all" in WW2 bull. I am very thankful for all the American help Norway got during WW2, but a lot has changed since then.

I can't see how bombing Iraq, is going to make peace? Violence leads to more violence....
Well, what do you expect. I don't normally bring that up, but seriously, maybe some of you guys should have a little respect for us.

Violence does not always result in more violence. If you shoot a man who's about to press a button to launch an atomic bomb, you just diminshed the overall violence in the world.

For the freedom to express myself in my own way without fear of being censored or banned.

47 65 6C 61 65 64 2E 63 6F 6D 00
Curi0us_George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2003, 20:30   #95
Digitalhigh

Quote:
How many more Jews would be in the world today if somebody had decided to go into Germany a lot earlier on and blow some shit up? I mean, we sat with our thumbs up our asses then, and how many millions died? We had to bomb Hiroshima to get the Japanese to be peaceful, and now there's a shiny new Honda Civic in every american driveway(yes, exaggeration). Sounds peaceful to me.

Quote:
I think I've proved the stupidness of mr bush and his war, so until someone adds an intelligent post arguying with what I said, I'd just leave you guys get back to the thread's topic which, I remind you, is "Woooo War! Yeah!!!"

heh, childish.
That, to me, is the very essence of sour grapes...
Old 20th March 2003, 20:31   #96
caserock90

Send a message via ICQ to caserock90 Send a message via AIM to caserock90 Send a message via Yahoo to caserock90
here ya go fuck job

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3.htm

courtesy of yours truly.

Old 20th March 2003, 20:33   #97
caserock90

that was intended for adil babu daabba jhamish mamon

Old 20th March 2003, 20:37   #98
Digitalhigh

Quote:
that was intended for adil babu daabba jhamish mamon
Look Caserock, if you're gonna be an asshole, at least make an attempt at being clever about it. For the love of fuck.
Old 20th March 2003, 20:40   #99
Assmaster

Quote:
Originally posted by Curi0us_George
Violence does not always result in more violence. If you shoot a man who's about to press a button to launch an atomic bomb, you just diminshed the overall violence in the world.
Do you really think Saddam "is about to press a button to launch an atomic bomb"? He may be a lot of things, but he's not stupid. If he was to do anything like that, he would be bombed back to the stone-age, and he knows that. Give the man som credit.

If you had just left him alone, we wouldn't be at war, now would we?
Old 20th March 2003, 20:43   #100
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni

Send a message via ICQ to Xerxes
And wouldn't you know it, Clinton looked through capped Binoculars as well. Meaning: Nothing.

This site clears everything logically about Bush and Clinton's binocular incidents.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/binoculars.asp

I'm sure anyone could be made to look stupid if they had a horde of photographers watching their every move, waiting for a screw-up. Why is it so many debates come to stupid discussions about Bush's intelligence?
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2003, 20:45   #101
Digitalhigh

Quote:
No we wouldn't. And in another year, or five years, or ten, or however long it takes, he'll have enough weapons to start another Kuwait, only maybe it can be bigger this time. The fucking guy tried taking over another country!! Am I the only person that has a problem with this? Anybody?? Is there a brain collectively anywhere in this forum? I'm starting to lean toward no.
Old 20th March 2003, 20:49   #102
Assmaster

If the inspections had been alowed to continue, he wouldn't have any weapons in five or ten years, and he wouldn't have been able to start a new Kuwait.
Old 20th March 2003, 20:50   #103
Assmaster

And no, you are not the only one having a problem with Saddam, but this is NOT the way...
Old 20th March 2003, 20:56   #104
caserock90

Quote:
Originally posted by JimmySmith
Look Caserock, if you're gonna be an asshole, at least make an attempt at being clever about it. For the love of fuck.

sorry jimmy, I dont know how. please teach me.

*confused*

Old 20th March 2003, 21:12   #105
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Curi0us_George Send a message via Yahoo to Curi0us_George
Quote:
Originally posted by Adil
I think I've proved the stupidness of mr bush and his war, so until someone adds an intelligent post arguying with what I said, I'd just leave you guys get back to the thread's topic which, I remind you, is "Woooo War! Yeah!!!"
You proved nothing, except your own pettiness. Good day to you.

Quote:
Do you really think Saddam "is about to press a button to launch an atomic bomb"? He may be a lot of things, but he's not stupid. If he was to do anything like that, he would be bombed back to the stone-age, and he knows that. Give the man som credit.

Ok, I'll try to explain more slowly. It was an example. EX-AM-PLE. I never said that Saddam has his finger on a nuclear launch button. I was addressing your "Violence leads to more violence...." argument. My point is, violence can actually prevent violence. JimmySmith gave a better example. (If Hitler had been attacked early.)

Quote:
If the inspections had been alowed to continue, he wouldn't have any weapons in five or ten years, and he wouldn't have been able to start a new Kuwait.
He's had years already. In five or ten years the situation would be the saem, or possibly worse.

Quote:
And no, you are not the only one having a problem with Saddam, but this is NOT the way...
Then what is the way? To let the UN sit on their hands some more? To let the weapons inspectors continue to do the job poorly?

For the freedom to express myself in my own way without fear of being censored or banned.

Old 20th March 2003, 21:22   #106
Assmaster

Quote:
Then what is the way? To let the UN sit on their hands some more? To let the weapons inspectors continue to do the job poorly?
I agree that the inspections could have been better (although things were happening in the last few weeks), but I think the US should sit down and find ways to make them work instead of just going to war. That's a little to easy in my opinion.
Old 20th March 2003, 21:27   #107
Assmaster

Quote:
Ok, I'll try to explain more slowly. It was an example. EX-AM-PLE. I never said that Saddam has his finger on a nuclear launch button. I was addressing your "Violence leads to more violence...." argument. My point is, violence can actually prevent violence. JimmySmith gave a better example. (If Hitler had been attacked early.)
Sorry... thought that was what you meant.

But i think it is a bit strange to say the things you say. We can't go around killing people, just because they may become the next Hitler. There is no way of telling how things will develop...
Old 20th March 2003, 21:28   #108
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
Quote:
Originally posted by triGEAR

not only that, but both are doctored in photoshop. the book is a mirror image of the one the girl is reading. clearly fake.

check out snopes.com
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2003, 21:38   #109
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Quote:
But i think it is a bit strange to say the things you say. We can't go around killing people, just because they may become the next Hitler. There is no way of telling how things will develop...
It was obvious that Hitler had evil plans. He should have been stopped early. But no one wanted to go to war, so he was allowed to continue.

I think that Saddam needs to be removed. He's not going to be removed through a diplomatic process, though.

Old 20th March 2003, 21:49   #110
Assmaster

Yes. Hitler was misjudged, but I don't see Saddam as such a big threat to world peace as Hitler was. I think we should try, and try again to resolve this problem peacefully before going to war.

Aggression should ONLY be used to answer aggression. IF Saddam attacks some other nation, then okay, blow him off the face of the planet, but until then, let the inspections continue, while we think of "new and clever ways" to disarm Iraq. War doesn't solve anything.
Old 20th March 2003, 21:52   #111
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
Yes, we should let them first fire misles at our major cities, pentagon, and teh white house, tehn, if they continue attack, we shoudl retaliate. But we shoudl defidently let them strike first. That the "propper" way to have a war. Also, sadam has only tested his bio-weapons on his own people, i mean relaly, he hasn't done it to us, lets cut him some slcak. He is really not that bad of a guy when you think about it.

Old 20th March 2003, 21:55   #112
Assmaster

Do you really think he would be stupid enough to bomb the US?
Old 20th March 2003, 21:57   #113
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

He gasses his own people, he sets his own oil (the base of their economy) on fire, yes, he is't that bright, he'd proble try
Old 20th March 2003, 22:02   #114
Assmaster

To achieve what exactly?
Old 20th March 2003, 22:06   #115
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

who knows. he is not the most rational thinker in the world. All i'm saying is let's nto give him even the chance to do anything so drastic.
Old 20th March 2003, 22:08   #116
Assmaster

On THAT I agree with you, I just don't like the way it's being done!
Old 20th March 2003, 22:09   #117
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Quote:
Yes. Hitler was misjudged, but I don't see Saddam as such a big threat to world peace as Hitler was. I think we should try, and try again to resolve this problem peacefully before going to war.

Aggression should ONLY be used to answer aggression. IF Saddam attacks some other nation, then okay, blow him off the face of the planet, but until then, let the inspections continue, while we think of "new and clever ways" to disarm Iraq. War doesn't solve anything.
Saddam has attacked another country. Did you never hear about the gulf war? He is an aggressor, and always has been.

I don't know if Saddam is a big threat to world peace. I don't doubt that he'd love to take over the world, though. It's irrelevant, as far as I'm concerned. He is an evil man. He murders civilians. He needs to be removed from power. I don't care if he's really a threat to us or not.

Old 20th March 2003, 22:15   #118
Assmaster

Yes... Saddam attacked, and he payed the price. I had no problems with the reasons for going to war the last time, but this time the arguments are not that strong...

As I've said before. We should try to resolve this problem peacefully!
Old 20th March 2003, 22:20   #119
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

he lived. that was not paying the price. he stayed in office. he did not pay the price. he will pay for all of his crimes now.
Old 20th March 2003, 22:32   #120
Assmaster

He got driven back. That's what I meant by "payed the price".

Anyhew... I'm just repeating myself here, so I'm throwing in the towel. I't late over here anyway, and I need some sleep.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News