Old 24th March 2003, 09:25   #201
Adil
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Adil Send a message via AIM to Adil Send a message via Yahoo to Adil
Quote:
Originally posted by feroxis
Also, your browser sucks.
Right... IE6 sucks LOL
Judging from the horizontal lines in your screenshot, I think your browser sucks even more

I will stop fooling around and admit the size of my browser's fonts are set to smaller, that's why the fake counter is not where it should be
but still, it's a major flaw I didnt have in my fake post counter (which is the original post counter everybody copied)

Adil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2003, 09:31   #202
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Curi0us_George Send a message via Yahoo to Curi0us_George
I've decided on a new tactic. Since I don't enjoy being insulted, but I also don't wish to engage in the standard Adil flamewar. I'll now address Adils posts only with quotes.

Quote:
you:
and curi0s george, you've explicitly used insults in your reply, which proves you're out of arguments and honestly, I have no interests in insulting you back
Quote:
you:
you're just a nobody on a forum
Quote:
you:
Curi0us_George es una senorita
Quote:
you:
it tells everything about your IQ level...
Quote:
you:
now back to flaming Curi0us_George:
Quote:
Originally posted by ertmann|CPH
And Adil, i know it's easy to get personal with this thing - but please refrain from it, it's not that fun to read.
Quote:
you:
reading you is like watching cnn or something, just plain boring, no facts, just US propaganda,
Quote:
George I do have a great deal of respect for you, you're very fun to discuss with couse you usualy keep things sober
Quote:
"I'm convinced they have wmd" americans say... that's just so funny they have no proof at all.
Quote:
http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/iraq_wmd/Iraq_Oct_2002.htm
Baghdad has begun renewed production of chemical warfare agents, probably including mustard, sarin, cyclosarin, and VX

. . .

Iraq has been able to import dual-use, WMD-relevant equipment and material through procurements both within and outside the UN sanctions regime. Baghdad diverts some of the $10 billion worth of goods now entering Iraq every year for humanitarian needs to support the military and WMD programs instead. Iraq's growing ability to sell oil illicitly increases Baghdad's capabilities to finance its WMD programs.
Quote:
what's funnier is that they're making their country ridiculous, everybody in the outside world thinks US people are dumb for believing their government, a government that is OBVIOUSLY lying and murdering people for economic and strategic reasons.
that's worse than killing people for religious reasons.
Quote:
Originally posted by triGEAR
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=129504

what's all the paranoia about the truth being hidden? so far everyone i've heard complaining about the government hiding the truth claims to have access to this truth. seems the government isn't doing a good enough job of hiding this truth, then. don't you think the government would be better at lying to us?
Quote:
the last few posts proved that no side will change its mind, especially the pro-war side which is now arguing just to save some of their dignity knowing they're totally dumb and wrong.
Quote:
Sorry, "totally dumb and wrong" made me laugh. Ironically, it also sums up my own feelings on certain subjects.
Quote:
certain subjects.
Quote:
Originally posted by Xerxes
it's
Quote:
you
Quote:
One last thing: I am NOT anti-american, I'm against the US government's methods just the same way a part of the US people are.
A large part of the US have no clue about what's going on in the outside world, they don't even know where iraq is.
It's that part of the American people that need to get informed from impartial news sources to learn the truth.
The part that doesn't know what iraq is and still thinks they should blow it up are just brainless idiots and don't even deserve the privilege to read my divine posts LOL
Quote:
How an american went to iraq as a human shield, and came back wanting rid of Saddam
. . .
It hit me on visceral and emotional levels: this was a real portrayal of Iraq life. After the first conversation, I completely rethought my view of the Iraqi situation. My understanding changed on intellectual, emotional, psychological levels. I remembered the experience of seeing Saddam's egomaniacal portraits everywhere for the past two weeks and tried to place myself in the shoes of someone who had been subjected to seeing them every day for the last 20 or so years.

Last Thursday night I went to photograph the anti-war rally in Parliament Square. Thousands of people were shouting "No war" but without thinking about the implications for Iraqis. Some of them were drinking, dancing to Samba music and sparring with the police. It was as if the protesters were talking about a different country where the ruling government is perfectly acceptable. It really upset me.

Anyone with half a brain must see that Saddam has to be taken out. It is extraordinarily ironic that the anti-war protesters are marching to defend a government which stops its people exercising that freedom.

For the freedom to express myself in my own way without fear of being censored or banned.

47 65 6C 61 65 64 2E 63 6F 6D 00
Curi0us_George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2003, 09:31   #203
feroxis

Quote:
Originally posted by Adil
Right... IE6 sucks LOL
Yes, actually.

Tabbed browsing pwns.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tabs.jpg (93.1 KB, 249 views)
feroxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2003, 09:35   #204
Adil
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Adil Send a message via AIM to Adil Send a message via Yahoo to Adil
Hey, Curi0us_George that was pretty entertaining, You're not that boring actually...
The quotes idea is really good
Old 24th March 2003, 09:37   #205
fwgx
Rudolf the Red.
(Forum King)

Real war with people dying to a browser war. hmmmm....

.: fwgx.co.uk.:.My art:.

"We think science is interesting and if you disagree, you can fuck off."
fwgx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2003, 09:39   #206
The Valkyrie

I am neither anti nor pro-war, but I don't like the war because of the possible economic impacts it can cause if it drags on too long. I just hope it ends within two weeks at most. I have no mercy for the anti-war demonstrations, for I find both pro-war people and anti-war people equally as naive and simplistic.

To the Anti-War People
Hanging "No War" banners on your shoulders aren't gonna change nothing. For you are defying the very basic law of nature; "all living organisms of this world must adapt, compete and wipe each other out over the limited resources this planet has to offer".

Ever since the dawn of Man, we have been right on that fine line between Barbaricy and Civilization, constantly fighting and killing each other for land, food, minerals, whatever. I bet the first ever war of all time was waged between two tribes of oonga-bunga-ers with sticks & stones over a juicy hunting ground.

War is natural, No War is just defying nature - don't even go there.

To the Pro-War people:
To say that this war isn't about political, personal and resource gains is being equally as naive; the rule of the thumb is War is ALWAYS about gains. If America really wants to wage war for peace, democracy and freedom, then the world would have those three things alright - but not much else.

I sense... Bush & co. wants this war for a whole range of various reasons. Disarmament and bringing down a Tyrant are amongst them, but not the primary reasons.

I see Bush & co. are being very stingy about the post-war reconstruction programs - even to its allies. I know for sure this is because Iraq, with enough oil to last over 100 years, can certainly pay the bills + interest afterwards.

I find it such a waste of time, money and resources to wage an all-out mega-boomer-whizz-bang shock'n'awe grand super tera campaign just to take out one dude, and brag to the whole world about it. Why not just stick a laser-guided rocket propelled grenade up his ass and be over with it??!! It would certainly spare the world from the economic woes that would follow if the war drags on and escalates. If he has doubles, use a process of mathematical elimination. If he has multiple palaces, blow them all up at once or stick a bomb under them like the Soviets did to the US and press that big red button. Simple.

But in the end, he just had to wage war. Why? I sense... it creates more distraction, taking the AMerican minds off the fact that the Bush Administration is a lousy, idiotic and inefficient one, and that Bush ain't neither economist nor environmentalist.

"...eliminate them! Whites, black, yellows, greens, purples. We'll just f@#* each other until we're all the same color!"
-Bulworth
The Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2003, 09:41   #207
Adil
Major Dude

Quote:
Yes, actually.

Tabbed browsing pwns.
Yeah tried two or three of those browsers, they're pretty good, I dunno why I still prefer using IE since the tabbed browser are enhanced version of IE.

well, I guess my favorite Tabbed browser is the windows task bar

now let's stop talking about me, I think there's a war going on
Old 24th March 2003, 09:48   #208
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Curi0us_George Send a message via Yahoo to Curi0us_George
Quote:
Originally posted by The Valkyrie
War is ALWAYS about gains

. . .

I sense... Bush & co. wants this war for a whole range of various reasons. Disarmament and bringing down a Tyrant are amongst them[/b]
Without a doubt

Quote:
but not the primary reasons.
Meh. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Quote:
I see Bush & co. are being very stingy about the post-war reconstruction programs - even to its allies.
Unlikely. America has always been very generous, post-war.

Quote:
Why not just stick a laser-guided rocket propelled grenade up his ass and be over with it??!!
It's not that simple. He doesn't exactly sleep in the same bed every night. That's what the "decapitation strike" was an attempt at.

Quote:
he just had to wage war . . . it creates more distraction, taking the AMerican minds off the fact that the Bush Administration is a lousy, idiotic and inefficient one, and that Bush ain't neither economist nor environmentalist.
I disagree, but whatever.

For the freedom to express myself in my own way without fear of being censored or banned.

Old 24th March 2003, 09:54   #209
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Quote:
. . . my fake post counter (which is the original post counter everybody copied)
Quote:
Bizznatch
Quote:
Yeah tried two or three of those browsers, they're pretty good, I dunno why I still prefer using IE since the tabbed browser are enhanced version of IE.
Quote:
http://mozilla.org/mission.html
"Mozilla" was the original code name for the product that came to be known as Netscape Navigator, and later, Netscape Communicator
Quote:
http://www.gerbilbox.com/newzilla/general/general07.php

Last updated on Tue, 12 Sep 2000

Netscape Communicator/Navigator is one of two major web browsers currently being used on the World-Wide-Web, made by Netscape Communications. The other being Microsoft's Internet Explorer.
Quote:
http://www.mozilla.org/start/1.0/faq/browser.html
Mozilla . . . support . . . s . . . tabbed browsing

Mozilla . . . does not . . . use . . . Internet Explorer

Old 24th March 2003, 12:40   #210
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by zootm
i have biological weapons stored. bnringeing them to me. i dib't give a fuck. bringthemifthey'redeadl'y enoughty ehoughy enouhgy enouhhy to be protected enough such enough an attackk...
spot the drunkard!

i don't actually have biological weapons stored. other than my socks.

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2003, 13:32   #211
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
/don't mind me

Quote:
Yes, actually.

Tabbed browsing pwns.
feroxis, what browser is that?
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2003, 13:35   #212
fwgx
Rudolf the Red.
(Forum King)

Opera. Now please no more derailment or flaming people. You want to discuss things off topic and turn this place into an AOL chat room like GD has become, use PM's or AOL.

Old 24th March 2003, 13:40   #213
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
/one last hing, then no more derailment.

seeing how massive the time differentials are around here (for example, yuor 5 am is my 10 pm it seems i fiured i woudl jsut post it here so that some1 would figure it out so i could either download teh ie mod or the dffferent browser before tomarrow because i am impaitent .

/see first line of my sig
Old 24th March 2003, 14:24   #214
Curi0us_George
Forum King

That was Phoenix. (http://www.mozilla.org/projects/phoenix/)

Old 24th March 2003, 15:10   #215
Gorgeus

Send a message via ICQ to Gorgeus
[QUOTE]Originally posted by The Valkyrie
I am neither anti nor pro-war, but I don't like the war because of the possible economic impacts it can cause if it drags on too long. [/QOUTE]

So you have given up on ethics allready. Now, that's sad.

[QOUTE] I just hope it ends within two weeks at most. I have no mercy for the anti-war demonstrations, for I find both pro-war people and anti-war people equally as naive and simplistic. [/QOUTE]

Make a stand. Be pro or against war, I don't care (actually I do, but rather go to the other camp and believe what you say than having no opinion at all)

[QOUTE] To the Anti-War People
Hanging "No War" banners on your shoulders aren't gonna change nothing. For you are defying the very basic law of nature; "all living organisms of this world must adapt, compete and wipe each other out over the limited resources this planet has to offer".

Ever since the dawn of Man, we have been right on that fine line between Barbaricy and Civilization, constantly fighting and killing each other for land, food, minerals, whatever. I bet the first ever war of all time was waged between two tribes of oonga-bunga-ers with sticks & stones over a juicy hunting ground.

War is natural, No War is just defying nature - don't even go there. [/QOUTE]

Congratulations ! This is a very intresting argument not often brought forward. I will try to answer here.

Man are the first creatures on earth with the ability to reflect on our own existence. Since than, we started with religion, science, play etc., culture in short. We have parted away from nature long time ago. Did you go to the supermarket today? Went to see a movie? All that is based on your culture, not on nature. Obviously, most of our existence nowadays is defined by culture, not by nature. With the ability to reflect on ourselves and with globalisation we also got the ability to reflect on issues regarding all mankind. We are able to see problems like global warming, overpopulation and cultural problems. With man being cultural defined, we try to resolve from nature and to define different rules than nature has made for us (this often includeded going against nature). War, in it's curremt state, is almost as much a cultural thing than a natural one. (Or do you know anything comparable in the animal kingdom, animals fighting each other and claiming to do that to free a tribe?). So, overcoming war would be another progress in our path from developing different ways than nature has led for us. And you probably won't argue that war is something desirable.

So ? Let's get over it.

George

P.S. I don't say that the cultural way humans are going should be against nature. We should try to respect nature by all means cause in the end, we depend on it - but we have to find different ways nevertheless.

[
Gorgeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2003, 15:12   #216
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

ever heard of chimanzees? they have clan wars. they murdure. they also hunt for sport. war is natural.
Old 24th March 2003, 20:21   #217
Digitalhigh

With so much drama in the LBC...

Quote:
Originally posted by AdilI have no interests in insulting you back since you're just a nobody on a forum...
Then stop responding.

To both C_George and Adil:

You guys need to grow up.

Adil, you are incorrigably arrogant. I mean it. You think that because it says Major Dude under your name and you've created a few skins that you've migrated to some other state of existence that is far removed from the lowly likes of the rest of us. Your arguements, frankly, are unintelligent and more blatantly insulting than anything. Yet you continue to parade around the forums (not only here but elsewhere) as if you are some God of the Vbulletin, endowed with the ability to not be wrong. It's just not happening. 90% of what you say is phrased to make you look like a complete ass, and you don't even notice it. George slams your statements time and time again with fact, and all you do is write it off with sarcasm and insults. I'd consider not saying anything as opposed to making myself into more of a protagonist. Nobody is buying your sorry-ass arguements. And furthermore, if the only response you're going to give to this message is "That's stupid.", "You're an idiot", or anything else, save your fingers some work and don't send it. It might shock you to hear it, but outside of this, you are not worth my time.

George, you need to do like you said you were going to do, and just not respond to Adil. It's apparent that all he's going to do is belittle what you say, no matter how well-though-out it is or (gasp) even true. If I were a mod, I'd have warned the both of you and closed the thread by now. Do you realize that in two days the two of you have added another two pages of just your childish bickering? The adage "Never agrue with a moron, the'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." applies incredibly here. Just say no to ignorance.

Last edited by Digitalhigh; 24th March 2003 at 22:18.
Digitalhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2003, 21:07   #218
Adil
Major Dude

Re: With so much drama in the LBC...

not worth replying to a loser with eminem in his avatar.
Thanks for the special article about me though, I love it
Old 24th March 2003, 21:14   #219
Digitalhigh

I don't know whether to laugh or to feel sorry for your parents...
Old 24th March 2003, 21:16   #220
zootm
Forum King

adil - did the irony of immaturely pointing out a phrase from a well-worded, rational post criticising your immature attempts to start flame wars with mock sarcasm occur to you there?

Old 24th March 2003, 21:17   #221
caserock90

Send a message via ICQ to caserock90 Send a message via AIM to caserock90 Send a message via Yahoo to caserock90
Whaaa?

caserock90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2003, 21:20   #222
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Calm the flames down folks, or this thread goes bye bye.

@JimmySmith , check your PM's , you have mail waiting.
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2003, 21:24   #223
Adil
Major Dude

*pshhh pshhhh*
Old 24th March 2003, 22:24   #224
Digitalhigh

Well, since we've been warned about fighting over etiquette, does somebody want to start the arguement over the war again? I need something to bitch about.
Old 24th March 2003, 23:54   #225
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

i will. war good. sadam bad! sadam haev pow's sadam not nice. war good (still)

ok everyone...go!

Old 25th March 2003, 00:21   #226
caserock90

Send a message via ICQ to caserock90 Send a message via AIM to caserock90 Send a message via Yahoo to caserock90
still here at work *sigh* ok, here i go.

bastard ass saddam, I heard on the radio he used to dip his own people in acid and watch them disintegrate. I dont know how true or if at all that is. ok...

NEEEEEXT !

Old 25th March 2003, 00:39   #227
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Just a quick note.

The point of using quotes was that everything Adil has ever argued has already been addressed.

Old 25th March 2003, 20:14   #228
aeturnis

invisible man, you say you come from a long line of soldiers and that you plan to serve. if you were my kid, you wouldnt make it to the military cause i'd beat you to death for that ignorant and assinine statement about dancing on graves. here's a thought, when you get to boot camp, tell one of your DI's what you posted in here. see just how long you live past that statement.

blackdog, thanks for the excellent point.
aeturnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2003, 20:22   #229
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by InvisableMan
i also know that there will be VERY VERY FEW casualties on america's side. the technology and firepower difference is staggering. its like trying to fight off someone who has a lightsaber and full titanium plate body armor with half a broom stick.
how many is VERY VERY FEW? we laready have 7 POW's. Yipie for you technology

don't get me wrong, i was all for the war, but i thnk we went into it with the wrong attitude. we expecetd an eassier gulf war. Not quite what we got, and we are paying for it.
Old 25th March 2003, 20:27   #230
fwgx
Rudolf the Red.
(Forum King)

There are hundreds of Iraqi soldiers dead and even more civillians.

Old 25th March 2003, 21:16   #231
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

In all honesty, I have no idea who Adil is, I've never seen his skins, so I don't care.

You guys really worry me sometimes. There are going to be casualties in War. On both sides. Phily, you seem to be stuck on the idea that Saddam is an okay guy, or that he's evil BECAUSE of the US, which is imo, complete and utter Bullcookies. The guy was/is evil. We helped him? I've yet to see proof, but if it is true, why won't you support us removing his sorry ass. Saddam is a nutcase. He's NOT COOL. He is definately NOT a surfer. He has killed members of his own family to "achieve" his position. This is not a man who'd I'd call right in the skull.
All the actors and actresses who think that Their opinions matter more than mine can go piss in the wind. That includes Janine Garafolo, who hasn't been in a good movie in three years. They believe that by publically condemning the soldiers, they'll become more popular. Again, bullcookies.
Folks, this is NOT Vietnam. We haven't been there for ten years. Saddam has, (I still don't see prove we did but) if we put him there, I think it's time to end his political career.
Phily, I'd love for you to admit he's a slime ball, just so I don't have to consistantly believe you support this wet-end.
This war will be over soon. It's like a bad cut on the knee. Soon it will heal, and although some things will be different, most things will go back to normal. We can all go back to talking about hot chicks on the beach and boarding and summertime. I can't wait, because GD is starting to get dumb at very specific points.

Go read a book without pictures
pabook? | Look, a blog! | Buy Stuff I Wrote
Fickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2003, 21:27   #232
caserock90

Fickle... you are appreciated... Im with you. Like I said before (I dont remember where) this forum is made up of different nationalities, some from middle east, its natural for those from there to defend their roots. Just like we do... the only difference is that they want something to be proud of. They will acheive it, just not now. I also said this before (dont ask where) middle easterners are good people, they deserve a good leader. Bastard ass low life, donkey cock sucking, camel ball licking saddam should of never been born, he will be fucked in the ass by hitler in hell, jizzed by fidel castro in the face. for eternity.

Old 25th March 2003, 21:37   #233
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

yeah, and most of us europeans being stuck in the middle
ertmann|CPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2003, 21:51   #234
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Fickle
Phily, you seem to be stuck on the idea that Saddam is an okay guy, or that he's evil BECAUSE of the US, which is imo, complete and utter Bullcookies. The guy was/is evil. We helped him? I've yet to see proof, but if it is true, why won't you support us removing his sorry ass. Saddam is a nutcase. He's NOT COOL. He is definately NOT a surfer. He has killed members of his own family to "achieve" his position. This is not a man who'd I'd call right in the skull.
phily has not said that.

phily has not insinuated that.

you're choosing to believe that he thinks this, because you don't want to face the consequences of his real arguments.

nobody is saying saddam is a nice guy. nobody is defending him.

Old 25th March 2003, 23:37   #235
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by zootm
nobody is saying saddam is a nice guy. nobody is defending him.
Saying that America should not remove him from power is directly equivalent to saying that he should remain in power, though.

Old 26th March 2003, 05:44   #236
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Curi0us_George
Saying that America should not remove him from power is directly equivalent to saying that he should remain in power, though.
actually, it's not, but i won't get into the exact logical nuances of this (too lazy, too tired, not enough experience, but a single counterpoint can destroy an argument of this type - i'm sure several can be brought up).

also, failing to agree to the use of force to oppose him is not the same as supporting him. medical science helps more murderers live longer. does medical science do this in order to support murderers?

Old 26th March 2003, 08:25   #237
fwgx
Rudolf the Red.
(Forum King)

zootm, you need a CT - "King of analogies" .

Old 26th March 2003, 10:05   #238
Adil
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Fickle
In all honesty, I have no idea who Adil is, I've never seen his skins, so I don't care.
In all Honesty, I dont care you dont
Old 26th March 2003, 14:19   #239
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Phily Baby
zootm, you need a CT - "King of analogies" .
one day i'll find a good one, and my work will be complete.

Old 27th March 2003, 05:34   #240
Digitalhigh

Quote:
also, failing to agree to the use of force to oppose him is not the same as supporting him. medical science helps more murderers live longer. does medical science do this in order to support murderers?
True, but when you've considered Saddam's history in addition to the rigamarole he's created with this weapons inspection bullshit, saying that force isn't necessicary seems to me to be nothing more than lying to yourself. I think that the reason Americans are so supportive of their nationality and behaviours is because it's in our history to be ballsy and irrational. It's how we got our country in the first place. I saw the movie Three Kings last night, and was surprised to see how many Iraqis want Saddam overthrown. It wasn't just characters in the movie, either, these were real people who fled Iraq to escape his bullshit. Despite the civillian deaths that are going to result of this war, I still think it's going to be much less than the number of people that would die if Hussien were to stay in power and be allowed to keep killing people. It can be argued that it's not our fight to fight, but that's the kind of logic that cowards use when they see somebody with a problem but are too scared to do anything about it. That is why America has to stick their nose in "everybody else's" business.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News