Old 24th April 2003, 01:28   #1
RyuRyu

For all the anti-Americans!

Just for the record I wanted to clarify all the misunderstandments that are going on right now due to selfish actions taken by the US and UK. I live and work in the middle of nowhere Ohio, USA, and have found it surprising to see that everyone around me is so Pro-War. I once blurted out anti-war sentiment and was bombarded with all the negative remarks, debates, yelling, and i had to handle a large crowd all on my own.... it was terribly scary.

Why is it that most americans that don't live in Major east or west coast cities tend to be liberal, while the main country is so pro-war? IT is because life outside from the coastline is terribly slow and boring, eveyone west of NJ is automatically categorised as hillbillys (generalising) and they have nothing else to cherish but their nationalistic pride, pride to be an american. Pride to know that you are the strongest.

Yet they failed to realize important aspects of life. Your neighbors, people outside of your state, country, continent. The people that have ambition just like them, wanting to live their lives in peace. These anti-war americans, GAURANTEED have never stepped outside of the US, much else their own state, thereby cocooned themselves in a shell they no nothing of outside. It's sad, very sad, how people don't realize that everyone other themselves have the same ambtion and needs. And just like racism, our entire country has now been generalized as being self-ish jerks. But you have to realise that it's not their faults, it's how they were raised.

Most other countries, have neighboring states, ally and enemy. Most other countries have had numerous wars within their territory for decades and centuries. Most other citizens of the world can hop on a train and be in a totally different culture in a matter of hours. America is secluded, isolated, both physically and mentally.... and this is nothing you or I can change.

I can go on for hours, so i'll stop here. I just people to know that people whether americans or not fail a lot of times to put themselves into other people's shoe.

And just because I currently live in ohio doesn't mean i haven't seen the world. I've been to japan every summer for 13 yrs in a row. Italy, France, England, Spain, Netherlands.... etc.

i hope i wasn't pointless?
RyuRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2003, 06:46   #2
pixiefied
Mother Trucker

Send a message via Yahoo to pixiefied
i infact enjoy being secluded and isolated.

"Well, got to love you and leave you, need to go get into the shower and rub my hard naked body all over with soapy bubbles, I'll be back later to carry on playing....

It'll take you some time to get over the image of me naked in the shower......mind you don't masturbate to hard thinking about it...."
- Mr.Jones
pixiefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2003, 09:22   #3
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

this is what i don't get

I've met a few exceptions in here, but the general public of America doesn't have a clue about most of the world, let alone the middle east.

I've vistited the middle east a couple of times, and from that i've learned, that a western style democracy simply wouldnt work in most countries in the middle east.

Don't get me wrong, i'm a firm beliver of the right to free speach, and the right to free elections. But name one muslim nation that so far have done this succesfully - Yes there are some few exceptions, for example Turkey and Bosnia, but those societies are secular to an extend that allmost resembles the state of most western countries.

However, i'm not saying it isn't possible, just that it is a long process that can't be imposed by someone from the outside. And I think we were seeing some exciting steps around the middle east before this war, like the last election in Iran, the gradual introduction of press freedoms in some of the emiralities of the persian gulf.... those are substainable developments because they come from the inside - if a democracy in Iraq, the way i understand the US too impose it, works - i'll be realy surprised.

And this is what i think most americans don't get, they are so wound up in the american way of life, that they think this is the only way people should and can live their lives.... and we'll - it's not.

You've 'liberated' the country, and now what do you want to do with it? let's say a free election is held, and the winner is a Shi'a hardliner, who publicly state that the US is the big Satan, and introduces hardline Sharia law - do you believe for one second that the US would accept it?

What i'm trying to say is that, you DO need to know about the geography, sociology and political scene of the middle east in order to be credible in your arguments for a war, and most in here, and around america simply isn't - if you want to be isolianist - fine. But then you can't go around banging war drums for the rest of the world.
ertmann|CPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2003, 19:21   #4
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

Sorry! I live in NJ, and I've lived with people considered Hicks in NJ. I've met lot's of people from everywhere. I've never been out of America, yes, but mainly because I have NO MONEY.
That's right. I don't have a jet parked outside or the money for a passport, let alone air flight to the Middle East. I'd love to go to Europe, but I'm broke.
I've never seriously called anybody a hick, so that stement is altogether bullshit. I've met about three people in my life who called anyone else a hick and ment it as an insult. Actually, I've herd more "I'm a hick, I guess." from people who lived on a farm in NJ.
You are automattically judging those who live on the coast. So does that make you better because you live in a land-locked state? Does that make you more profound? More educated?
You're right. We are spoiled over here. We have two neighbors. Mexico, which is like the US without the control, and Canada, which some consider to be USA jr. I don't know what it is, never been there, nor do I know anybody who can tell me more than "Thier drinking age is 18! W00t!"
So sure, we're spoiled. A good majority of us live in homes and don't need to eat each other for survival. We have decent education and a kick-ass military.
We're the Jocks of the world. We can beat people up. Lots of people hate us because of jealousy or because we get what we want. Oh well.

We're isolationists, and yet we try to help the world. We're isolationists and yet many major conflicts around the world we're involved in. So what the hell are you tlking about? This seems like doublespeak. Please explain how we're isolationists and yet we have our hands in too many pots.

Most of Iraq is happy toward the US. I doubt they'll elect another Saddam.

Go read a book without pictures
pabook? | Look, a blog! | Buy Stuff I Wrote
Fickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2003, 20:27   #5
bigbollogs

misunderstanding

Most Americans think that the world is jealous of it. While some in America are rich, it is also a country of great economic disparity. There are also other rich, western countries that do not come with the political bagage - e.g. Canada, Austrailia, Scandanavia, etc... I think it makes Americans feel better to think that the hatred felt against their country is caused by jealousy. But I'm afraid its rarely the real reason.
bigbollogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2003, 21:21   #6
RyuRyu

Lacking culture influences so much that it is even hard to decide where to start from. This country is young, very young, and people that set out here centuries ago had 2 goals to accomplish. Freedom of religion, and becoming rich ie. American Dream.

The latter resulted in the extreme powerful to set up the foundation for the coming years, setting everything (economy, business, school, politics, law ) to orient around the process of making money. Hence every international action this country takes, is some how revolving around money, their personal gain rather than the great majority's gain.

The country also controls it's own media. Such a HUGE powerful country and all you have is 1 or 2 stations competing against one another spitting out the same thing. People here fail to see that there is much more than what meets the idea, and never doubts its own media. THe mdeia is set up to not necessarily feed the people the truth, but what the people want to see, hence ratings go up.

The reason why everyone hates us is not out of jealousy, but because we do whatever we want to, whenever we want to. We also do whatever we want to not taking into consideration how the neighboring states maybe affected by these actions. The US is selfish, that's one of it's key reasons for people hating us,and terrorising us. And i guess the people of america do have to take responsibility for voting for the representative leaders.
Old 24th April 2003, 21:22   #7
RyuRyu

meets the eye
Old 24th April 2003, 21:42   #8
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

yeah, i for one are not certainly not jealous or envious, the US are about the last place on earth i would want to live...

Mainly because i dislikes a society that puts money before the individual, have maniacs running around with weapons (and consequently the highest murder rate of the industrialized world), uses the death penalty for something that would give 7-8 years of prison where i come from, and have a democracy that's all but a joke.

I know and recognize the flaws of my country, you should learn to do that too.

Besides, if september 11 proved anything, it was that the United States can not isolate itself.... Unfortuantly the US administration doesn't recognize that you can not fight terrorism, the only answer is to remove what's causing it.

/EDIT hmmmm i just realized, that september 11 probably would have never happened if the US had been Isolanistic, i'm gonna have to make some sense of that..... anyway, maybe it would be for the better if the US shuts itself out from the rest of the world then.
Old 24th April 2003, 23:43   #9
Bender__19

Quote:
Mainly because i dislikes a society that puts money before the individual, have maniacs running around with weapons (and consequently the highest murder rate of the industrialized world), uses the death penalty for something that would give 7-8 years of prison where i come from, and have a democracy that's all but a joke.
the only way to get the death penalty is to commit murder, and it usually means that it was a really sick murder(like someone who tourtered the person to death or killed because it was fun for them). I'd like to know of a nation anywhere where doing something like this would get you 7-8 years.

and I hate to break it to you, but our democracy is the oldest continusly functioning government in the world(not the oldest country, just the oldest current government). and no matter what you think happens, it boils down to the people electing someone to represent them. the government can't say who gets to represent the people, only the people can say who represts us.

and It dosen't matter where you live in the world, if you want to get a gun, you can get a gun.

and no matter what you might think of the US, think about what the alternative would have been. if the US had lost the cold war, do you even think that you would be allowed to complain about the government? much less have access to a computer? or a car? cause there is no way in hell that europe would have withstood the USSR if the US pulled all of it's troops.
The US is a far more benovelent superpower than the USSR ever was.

edit:I had to fix some typos and one really big f***up.
Bender__19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2003, 01:17   #10
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

Quote:
the only way to get the death penalty is to commit murder, and it usually means that it was a really sick murder(like someone who tourtered the person to death or killed because it was fun for them). I'd like to know of a nation anywhere where doing something like this would get you 7-8 years.
Im not playing smart ass here, and i might be wrong - but from what i have learned, in amongst others, my sociology classes, it's possible to receive the death penalty for a single murder, in some states fx. Texas

Murder usualy gives 10 years in Denmark, and you get released after 7-8. Longest penalty you can receive is lifetime, which gets you about 12 years before you are released. As far as i remember we had two cases where someone was sentenced real lifetime, one was a quadruble police homocide (he is about to get released after 20 years), and another one where a man murdered a whole family and chopped them into to pieces.

I like it this way, and it works....look at the crime rates.

Quote:
and I hate to break it to you, but our democracy is the oldest continusly functioning government in the world(not the oldest country, just the oldest current government). and no matter what you think happens, it boils down to the people electing someone to represent them. the government can't say who gets to represent the people, only the people can say who represts us.
I was refering to the the last presidential elections, the fact that if you win a state you win all the mandates from it (which i think is very unfair), the corporate sponsorships of campaigns, and the fact that you only have two parties that count for anything...

I realy ment to say, that i personally think it's a joke - i thought the post was pretty obviously my own view on things.

Quote:
and It dosen't matter where you live in the world, if you want to get a gun, you can get a gun.
No denying in that, but ill bet you a million dollars, that it's a hell of alot easier to get one in the US than it is in Denmark.
I have personally never seen a firearm in this country - except the ones the Queens honerable guard carries. The police officers can't carry guns in a way so that you can see it. And personally i have absolutely no clue where to get one.

And frankly i still don't get this arguement after all this time, find some murder statistics comparing Europe to the US, and open your eyes.

Quote:
and no matter what you might think of the US, think about what the alternative would have been. if the US had lost the cold war, do you even think that you would be allowed to complain about the government? much less have access to a computer? or a car? cause there is no way in hell that europe would have withstood the USSR if the US pulled all of it's troops.
The US is a far more benovelent superpower than the USSR ever was.
Well there's alot of if's and but's in this, it depends on what stage you mean, you have to remember that France and the UK had nuclear weapons.

But i'm not naive either, and i'm not denying that NATO and the Marshall plan have been highly beneficial to Europe. But the situation is different after 1991. And i don't like one bit that some cowboy from Texas with the mental capacity of a goldfish is making the world around me a lot less safe place to be.

/EDIT
homocide pr 100.000 population

guns allowed
US: 6,8
SA: 21,2

not allowed
DK: 0,87
NZ: 3,05
UK: 1,22

And then , before you mention it, yes. Switzerland is have about the highest percentage of gun ownership in the world, and one of the lowest homicide rate. However that can be explained, if you want me to!?

And please remeber, that i'm writing this just as a personal explantion of why i don't like your contry, and don't want to live there.

Last edited by ertmann|CPH; 25th April 2003 at 02:07.
Old 25th April 2003, 02:41   #11
RyuRyu

okay, I'm not trying to promote hatred towards America. I am trying to promote understanding..... maybe i came off being very anti-american, but how i see it, the people cannot be the ones at total blames. People in general are very simple and easy to influence in termas of their emotions and understandment of thru media and their surrounding influence. You take for example a figure such as Britney Spears. She's not that pretty, nice body, but definitely not HOT! Yet you see her in so many videos, ads, shoots, promoting her as being the queen of hot... sooner or later you really start believing it... same thing with politcs, you tell them Iraq is the one responsible for 9/11, you tell them they are after us, they have weapons of mass destruction, WMD WMD WMD WMD....... 'hey let's get them before they get us!' is what happens. So you really can't hate the entire America, but only dislike the ones puppetiering the country.

The people are not the ones to hate.

the people are not the ones to hate.

PEACE
Old 25th April 2003, 02:57   #12
RyuRyu

you know but it is true, the only people i met here in ohio that are anti-war have actually traveled. Sure it's a luxury (typo?) but it's definitely worth saving up for.

hey, what about the peace corp, international internships, jobs. theres plenty of ways to get a deal, you just have to strive for it.

I went to school in central PA. Very secluded snobby university. My friends and i called it a bubble, you have no idea of current affairs, whats going outside because there is no word of mouth because there is nothing around you. Eventually this university becomes your only reality. America is Humongous, and it's only heavily populated in those clusters of metro area. you step outside and theres 1000 (1650 kilos) of nothing, just pockets of towns. Anyway back to the story..... your reality, the only thing that matters. Then you realise there is something outside, 9/11, something Evil (possibly another AXIS OF EVIL??!!), that hates you and all you have is the notion to protect your hazy little bubble. And you have no idea what these people do because you never saw anybody outside you town. For all that you know they could be parading and building an evil army of arabic demons, ready to hunt and rape the towns people....!

it's a reality shock that america doesn't know how to handle and cannot comprehend.

I mean, wouldn't your first notion after being attacked be "what the hell, what did i do?",
Old 25th April 2003, 08:57   #13
fwgx
Rudolf the Red.
(Forum King)

>>>> I mean, wouldn't your first notion after being attacked be "what the hell, what did i do?",

Most probably yes. But what that question has become is no longer a question. It is seen as a statement, a fact, of implied truth that people hate you because of your freedoms, your money and your free speach etc. This just simply isn't the case.

Quote:
We're isolationists, and yet we try to help the world. We're isolationists and yet many major conflicts around the world we're involved in. So what the hell are you tlking about? This seems like doublespeak. Please explain how we're isolationists and yet we have our hands in too many pots.
American people are isolationalists, they have a very vague understanding of anything outside the US. The American foreign policy for the past decade has been anything but isolationalist, with invasions and killings all over the world pretty much every year for over a hundred years. The advantage of this is obvious if your ther person in power, 'keep them isolationalist then we can feed them bullsit 'facts' and they'll support us'.

Quote:
"So there, we have figured out, go back to bed America, your government has figured out how it all transpired. Go back to bed America, you government is in control again. Here, here's American Gladiators. Watch this, shut up! Go back to bed America, here's American Gladiators. Here's 56 channels of it. Watch these pituitary retards bang their fuckin skulls together and congratulate you on living in the land of freedom. Here you go America, you are free, to do as we tell you, you are free, to do as we tell you."

"Oh good. Honey, I heard on the news that they've figured out that the gun, what happened is, is that there was an echo and Kennedy was, er, asking Jackie what it was, and that that's why his head flew u... Honey what time's Gladiators on? Are we missing it? I'm so glad we're free, Honey."

.: fwgx.co.uk.:.My art:.

"We think science is interesting and if you disagree, you can fuck off."
fwgx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2003, 10:00   #14
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

Ryu, I know, i know - i just can't help it - americans are are realy getting on my nerves right now, but i do practice what i preach. If i met an American tommorow, i would be open minded.... except if it was Bush or Rumsfeld - in which case i would have a very hard time controling myself.....

Actually i feel sorry for the ones who voted for him, it's just sad.
Old 25th April 2003, 11:13   #15
bigbollogs

americans

I happen to be American, but my friends tend to be educated and well-travelled. They're all anti-war and anti-bush. I find that Americans that see only one perspective (i.e. never travel, follow only one news source) tend to be pro-war and pro-bush. By the way, remember that Bush did not win the Presidential election - Gore did. The US supreme court stopped the voting before all ballots had been counted.
bigbollogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2003, 21:09   #16
RyuRyu

i think the countings would have shown that bush won.... but considering he lost 35% favor in less than a few months shows he would have lost if the elections were a month later.

it didn't matter, both of them are tools. I wish McCain would have won!
Old 25th April 2003, 21:12   #17
RyuRyu

By the way, why wasn't this war / battle / fight not called

operation iraqi liberation? instead of freedom>
Old 26th April 2003, 00:18   #18
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

Re: americans

Quote:
Originally posted by bigbollogs
I happen to be American, but my friends tend to be educated and well-travelled. They're all anti-war and anti-bush. I find that Americans that see only one perspective (i.e. never travel, follow only one news source) tend to be pro-war and pro-bush. By the way, remember that Bush did not win the Presidential election - Gore did. The US supreme court stopped the voting before all ballots had been counted.

Weird. I know many people who have travled abroad and still believe in the war. So I disagree. My grandparents are even for the war, and they're pretty liberal politically. I guess it's because my Grandfather fought for America in the Korean War and my Grandmother was in a Concentration Camp.

With the voting thing--no who's only paying attention to one source? Gore didn't win, but if you want to go by majority, niether did Clinton. Clintons entire election was based on Perot taking away the rich, crazy guy vote, which is one Republicans severely depend on. So who rigged the election? Do you really think that Clinton wanted Bush in? Or do you really think that Bush's brother could pass through Federal guards and fuck with the votes? He must have used his magic wand

To liberate is to give freedom.

Just because you're educated or feel you're more educated than others doesn't mean that you can't be blinded. Just because you've traveled abroad doesn't mean your automattically smarter than someone else.

American Gladiators hasn't been on the air, much less popular in like 15 years. Please get a clue before you take a stab at a place you have no idea about and have never visited. Phily, you're still invited to my house. Free room, Free board, you just stay here for a week and tell me how Violent and faschist it is.

Quote:
and I hate to break it to you, but our democracy is the oldest continusly functioning government in the world(not the oldest country, just the oldest current government).
I dunno, the monarchy has been around for quite awhile.

Old 26th April 2003, 05:15   #19
BMWboy

Quote:
I dunno, the monarchy has been around for quite awhile.
what I think he meant is that the government of every other country has changed since 1776

Last edited by BMWboy; 26th April 2003 at 05:53.
BMWboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2003, 07:06   #20
brownpaper

Quote:
and no matter what you think happens, it boils down to the people electing someone to represent them. the government can't say who gets to represent the people, only the people can say who represts us.
in the 2000 election, the government did tell who represent us. the supreme court basically decided who would become president of the united states. the popular vote was overshadowed by the electoral college. the founding fathers of the united states set up the electoral college (just in case) to "correct" the mistake of the people. elites such as George Washington, Alexander Hamilton, and other Federalist did not believe in the judgement of the people (hence the Federalist philosophy). if they did not believe in the people, why would they choose to have the presidential election decided by an electoral college instead of a popular vote? voters are actually voting for electors (not the president) who make the decision to vote for the voters in the electoral college. true, they usually vote for the president the people vote for but they are not bound by the people's decision. there is actually a middleman that between the voter and the outcome of the presidential vote.

Quote:
And i don't like one bit that some cowboy from Texas with the mental capacity of a goldfish is making the world around me a lot less safe place to be.
well i'm not so sure that he's actually running the government. to me, it seems like he's controlled by some lobbying interest groups in washington, DC. although many people may instantly write him off as an idiot (he got into a prestigous university with mediocre grades and an SAT score that would barely get him into a clown college), i still respect him as my president. i don't always see eye to eye on everything he says (sometimes he is not as articulate as he should be (i.e. saying "nucular" instead of nuclear)), however he is the leader of my country and i just hope he does what's best for my country and more importantly, the world. if you don't trust bush, how many politicians are there in the world that you can geniunely, truly trust? i do not think many people would trust their own politicians in any country, even at the local level.
brownpaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2003, 17:23   #21
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

The electorial college were supposed to be voted on by the people, and they would elect the president. It wasn't lack of faith of the people, it was the impossibility of having a fair and un"adjustable" way to have all the colonists vote on a president when they were spread out along the East Coast. What were they going to do, have them all stay in Philly for a week to vote? This is America, Not Rome.

Old 26th April 2003, 21:52   #22
Banned

your pathetic. to bad the crowd didnt kill your coward hippe ass. if loooove being a anti american peice of shit coward so much then go live in the mid east and get your stupid white traitor neck slit in the street, and get your shoes and cloths stolen off your corpse. by the ragheads that you love soooo dear. loser
66666666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2003, 22:25   #23
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

WOW, great to hear from someone who knows what he is talking about, couse rubberies and rapes are so common in the middle east, much more of a problem than in the west, you just can't go anywhere if you are white without being killed. And all the hundred thousands tourists that visits israel, Egypt and the Gulf states all get's sent home in a coffein (we just don't hear about it). Infact im extremely luckly to even be alive, after visiting the middle east four times, i'm thanking god for returning me home safely as i write this.

Sorry, i don't know how i could be so blind, can you forgive me? From now on i promise i will hate everyone who doesn't have the same race, religion and pro american believes that i do.
Old 26th April 2003, 23:55   #24
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

Re: 7777777777

Quote:
Originally posted by 66666666
your pathetic. to bad the crowd didnt kill your coward hippe ass. if loooove being a anti american peice of shit coward so much then go live in the mid east and get your stupid white traitor neck slit in the street, and get your shoes and cloths stolen off your corpse. by the ragheads that you love soooo dear. loser
Are you all coked up or what? Me wonders why you aren't bann--oh wait, you are.

Old 27th April 2003, 00:00   #25
pixiefied
Mother Trucker

Send a message via Yahoo to pixiefied
sounds like theres a GERM infesting the forums again.

"Well, got to love you and leave you, need to go get into the shower and rub my hard naked body all over with soapy bubbles, I'll be back later to carry on playing....

It'll take you some time to get over the image of me naked in the shower......mind you don't masturbate to hard thinking about it...."
- Mr.Jones
pixiefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2003, 04:42   #26
Joel
Debian user
(Forum King)

Dudes:

This is the Community Center.
That's mean we have something in common.
For example we are Humans!

Let's start acting like ONE

BTW: My first post here

* PC: Intel Core 2 DUO E6550 @ 2.33 GHz with 2 GB RAM: Archlinux-i686 with MATE.
* Laptop: Intel Core 2 DUO T6600 @ 2.20 GHz with 4 GB RAM: Archlinux-x86-64 with MATE.
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2003, 05:26   #27
RyuRyu

woa! that was really scary stuff that guy said.

I love extreme prejudice people that think Americans are naturally white supremisists.

I remember reading those newsweek quote of the week in the beginning of the magazine.... anyway some important politician maybe 4 yrs ago says, all imigrants should be kicked out of America. A famous indian civil rights leader said 'I agree'.

And what's with those people that are like... 'everyone that lives in America should speak 'english'", wasn't this country supposed to be a melting pot? Acutally it's a sald bowl with all the tomatos clustered at the bottom, huge romain leaves everywhere, croutons/onions on top, cheese layered over the surface, and would you like some fresh pepper with that?

By the way, I always wanted to know the facts about the middle east - actually just about Israel. Was it founded by the UN or US?
Old 27th April 2003, 05:27   #28
RyuRyu

i think it might have been bucanen. Wasn't he the one with the idea of creating an electric fence running the entire span of the mexican border?
Old 27th April 2003, 05:28   #29
RyuRyu

salad bowl. sorry for all the typos, it's late
Old 27th April 2003, 05:31   #30
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

Ryu--Hit the EDIT button. What you're doing is post pumping.
Bottom right of your post

Old 29th April 2003, 01:51   #31
cgfiend

Send a message via ICQ to cgfiend Send a message via AIM to cgfiend Send a message via Yahoo to cgfiend
It's easy to sit in another country and assume how arrogant and evil Americans are. The real truth is most Americans are just average people working to make a living and enjoying freedom. There's a lot of good in this country and its people. The fact that we're a superpower is a testament to how freedom can open the floodgates of progress and human ingenuity. America goes out of its way to help those in need. To sit there and judge our country without living the life of an American, you're being an armchair critic and I refuse to listen to your hype. You can take as many history lessons as you want, it won't paint you a true picture of the everyday American.
cgfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2003, 02:13   #32
RyuRyu

i am an official american by my origin, as well as my birth place. I've lived in different areas of America, FL, PA, OH, NJ and there is something missing in the everyday American life..... life itself, but you nor the ordinary people can understand this because to you, everything is normal (how could anything else be different). Ofcourse other people in other countries live in these fashions but after visiting so many countries, living in different regions, living in other countries, I still sense this lack of lust for life in the majority of people I meet here.

I find it quite hard to understand how the majority have the same taste, whether clothes, music, food, fads, movies, celebs, cars. But then again, i guess i have always been considered a rebel by all those around me, differemt, unusual... but that's what my friends came to understand as my cool being.

It's funny how in this country you kids listen to the epitome of trash Hip Hop loud as hell while the regular A.Americans look at them as White Chocolate. And no matter how much you adore and try to emulate rapping, deep inside you feel above 'them'. yet 'them' are just banking off of you by feeding the consumers the biggest pile of 'crap'. The real hip hop artists were groups like 'Roots' and 'Tribe called quest' where they talked about their everyday lifes, problems, hopes........

Why is it that in this country all girls and boys dress the same. GAP, BANANA, AERO, Abercrombie, J.crew....... they are all the same, just a spin off of one another. Why is it that no one has the sense or nerve to find their own style instead of copying a trend. Why is it that Walmart exists? Why is it that every city is divided by nationalities? Why is it that you have to go to work straight out of college? Why is it that everyone in college studies Business / Finance / Marketing / Management.... when most know that their futures going to suck, Money? Why is it that Fraternities and Sororities exist?

There is a lot of social problems in America, and I've only touched up on the youth's side, I'm sure I could go on forever, but everyone knows it's senseless to try to convince others.
Old 29th April 2003, 02:20   #33
cgfiend

Send a message via ICQ to cgfiend Send a message via AIM to cgfiend Send a message via Yahoo to cgfiend
You're using words like "all" and "majority". Not all kids dress the same, not all kids listen to hip-hop. That's one helluva generalization. Your perception of American life is pretty small if you think this way.

As for having a lust for life, what country have you been living in? I enjoy my life and there's plenty of excitement and zeal to go around. Family, friends, good times---that's all part of American life.

I'm sorry, but we're not all mindless robots. Americans are individuals. You're lumping everyone into a pile and it just isn't true.
Old 29th April 2003, 02:41   #34
RyuRyu

i am not trying to generalize the entire youth, clumps here and there. Ofcourse there is much to enjoy in the good-old-american life style, trust me there is I've enjoyed it and am still enjoying it. Anyway back to the generalization, I was trying to get one clump at a time, I'm not saying the entire US is listening and bumping to rap, sorry miscommunication on my part. But look at MTV, look at how the majority of the youth is so glued to it, so many that you hardly find someone that's listening to something distinctly different. I think that's what is lacking in America. Originality, strong individualism. Ofcourse it's like that in every other country believe me, but it is SOO Strong in America.

And going back to the original topic, America and it's attitude to it's neighbors.... If most US citizens feel they have the right to invade another country so far away because "We are the superpower, we are the strongest'. . . Then shouldn't we be acting like one. A person is person can be strong in more than one physical definition. A person can be kind, gentle, willing, supportive, understanding, a good friend, calm... Aren't those strong characteristics as well?

If you were hanging out with a group of your friends, the big tough guy, the smart one, the ugly, fat, rich, dirt poor, gay, and you the average guy. How would you view the bully that beats up the gay buy because he suspects foul mind play? Strong?
Old 29th April 2003, 03:55   #35
cgfiend

The US doesn't go around beating up on people because we can. We do it for a reason. In the case of Iraq, I believe it was something long overdue to get rid of Saddam. It had the benefit of instilling fear in any country that might want to mess with the US--something that needed reiterated after we'd been considered weak for so long. Look at how quick N. Korea turned around. When it comes to the security of the US, we shouldn't pussyfoot around. We now have Homeland Security where there was none. Terrorism is down. It was something that had to be done. Every conflict we've been in had a reason and a purpose. If the US doesn't carry broad shoulders then it can't be respected as a powerful nation. I'm not for bullying, but I am all for keeping other countries in check. I wouldn't call anything we've done recently bullying at all.
Old 29th April 2003, 05:34   #36
theworm

You tend to use the word "bullying" rather losely (I'm sure your don't mean too), for a country that has said right from the start "we're going to war, no matter what the rest of the world says" (not a real quote) you give the impression of saying "we're the toughest kid in the playground, don't mess with us" (again paraphasing). Of course your intentions may be in the right place, but your actions are less than desirable.

Ask why your country was attacked (sep 11th)in the first place and what events lead to those reasons?

Many other countries would have supported you if you given more respect to UN and not acted as renegades.

peace

the worm
theworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2003, 07:23   #37
cgfiend

It doesn't matter what America does, there are always going to be people that hate us for some reason or another. Jealousy. Lifestyle differences. Foreign policy. Sometimes I think if there were no America to hate there'd be some other country or some other scapegoat.

It's some of the same things people hate about America that makes it the most prosperous nation in the world.
Old 29th April 2003, 09:45   #38
fwgx
Rudolf the Red.
(Forum King)

>>>>people that hate us for some reason or another. Jealousy. Lifestyle differences

hahahahaha

.: fwgx.co.uk.:.My art:.

"We think science is interesting and if you disagree, you can fuck off."
fwgx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2003, 13:59   #39
lin_sook

Quote:
Originally posted by cgfiend
It doesn't matter what America does, there are always going to be people that hate us for some reason or another. Jealousy. Lifestyle differences. Foreign policy. Sometimes I think if there were no America to hate there'd be some other country or some other scapegoat.

It's some of the same things people hate about America that makes it the most prosperous nation in the world.
i havent posted in the forum for. i dunno a year? after reading this, i must say... very amusing.
lin_sook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2003, 15:04   #40
cgfiend

Amusing? What's amusing is the fact that you just don't get it. I feel sorry for you people.

(Edit)
I came to this thread to post my ideas. I'm not trying to be arrogant or cocky, just stating my opinion. Instead of a thoughtful reply you laugh. Well, it's just a waste of my time. Have fun laughing amongst yourselves.

Last edited by cgfiend; 29th April 2003 at 15:24.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News