Old 9th July 2003, 04:33   #161
Mattress
Forum King

Hitler made people's kids rat them out for smoking pot?

That asshole.
Mattress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2003, 18:38   #162
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

No Hitler taught in schools and in government programs to tell the teacher or an authority figure (like a cop) if thier parents spoke against Hitler, had Jewish friends, or did not follow the laws.

Makes me think of D.A.R.E., while under the guise of teaching kids to stay away from HARMFUL DRUGS LIKE MARIJUANA but ignoring hardcore drugs like Smack and Meth, and teaching the kids to tell someone if thier parents were doing it. It's a Hitler tactic.

Go read a book without pictures
pabook? | Look, a blog! | Buy Stuff I Wrote
Fickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2003, 21:14   #163
Rehpot

Send a message via AIM to Rehpot Send a message via Yahoo to Rehpot
Are ya'll talkign about Hitler Youth?

I saw videos of that where he had like a bunch of 10 year old kids (And i mean like 100) all playing war.

Except they were actually beating the shit out of each other. it shows peopel being carried off upside down all bloodied up and knocked out and shit.

I think these were the peopel that turned into his SS or his Concentration Camp peopel or wahtever. He did this to them so they woudl be desensitized to violence at a very young age yada yada yada he was a madman.
Rehpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2003, 03:51   #164
Mattress
Forum King

I never went through DARE, I thought that was like a punishment if you got caught being a juvinile delinquint or something.

anyway, DARE and hitler youth are a lot different, for example, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being friends with a jew or speaking against your government. However there are enormous problems linked to drug usage. Hell if my parent's were on drugs I'd turn them in, I want quality parents, I wouldn't want to be raised by hippies.

When Peter the Great was twelve he built a fortress and manned it with kids and then had another army of kids storm it. Something like 20 kids got killed. That Hitler thing just reminded me of that.
Old 10th July 2003, 04:19   #165
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

I believe in laws of privacy, and government funded teachings that teach kids to turn in thier parents, as far as I can see, sucks the big hairy one.

I have a hippie parent for a father, and yes, it does indeed suck. And he does smoke pot. I never 'moked with him, but it does undermine his authority, and I believe you should respect your parents.
A thought just occured to me; in abusive situations, where people are being hurt in any fashion is different than drugs. In said case, it should be reported if there is abuse of any fashion. The question is where to draw the line.
Yes, hippie parents suck to a certain degree, but abusive parents are a different matter. It's a grey area, but what laws do we have that aren't grey in some degree. Nothing is cut and dry, people always find a weakness in a wall.

Old 10th July 2003, 04:58   #166
oNaMiSsIo
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to oNaMiSsIo
speaking of hitler youth, did you know that there was a countermovement started in america and is stil going strong? its called Boys' State. i went there a few weeks ago, its supposed to look really good for college now, but damn if they dont try to brainwash you still.

My advice is to start drinking heavily. - John Belushi, Animal House
oNaMiSsIo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2003, 06:23   #167
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

what did they try and teach you...? Boy's State? Never heard of it.

Old 12th July 2003, 15:43   #168
oNaMiSsIo
Major Dude

its really quite harmless now, they teach you about your state's politics and government, but its still hardcore conservative, seeing as how its run by the american legion.

i said they tried to brainwash us because we had to march information everywhere, endlessly sing 'the boys' state song' (i still know all the words and its been almost month) and we got very little sleep.

Old 12th July 2003, 20:30   #169
spiderbaby1958
Major Dude

I'll give you a great example of what I love about Amerca. After 9/11, there may have been a few yahoos on talk radio and in forums like this spouting hate, and some pretty dumb incidents like the idiot who famously shot a sikh thinking he was killing a muslim. The day of his sentencing, btw, this moron brought a small American flag to court which he displayed, making us all proud.

But mostly, I think we were pretty cool. The mosques did not burn, and I think there are places in the world where that would have happened. I'm thinking of recent relgious riots in India, for example.

I believe that people are basically good, and want to be good, and when free to do so, will find the way to their own best understanding of goodness more often than they won't. America is not an evil place, nor is it intrinsically a good place. It's simply a place where good is free to struggle with evil... and wins more often than not, though the victory sometimes takes decades or centuries. It can never be anything else-- at least until Jesus Christ comes back to rule, or until we take Plato's advice and appoint a philosopher king. A democracy reflects the ********- and we are all sinners, even as we are all touched with the divine.

We create this democracy. America is our mother, but we are the founding fathers and mothers of the nation that America will be one day. If a parent thinks his child can do no wrong, what sort of child is he likely to have? If a parent is unwilling to discipline a child because he doesn't want to "be the bad guy" is that a good parent? A good parent has to be critical and tough sometimes, or the child will become a kind of monster. Most of us know and understand that love demands this.

So why is it that to love our country involves an abdication of this responsibility? During the recent conflict I held my peace as best I could. Some of my fellow citizens chose differently, but I felt their pain. This wasn't like the Vietnam era, where dissent seemed like a big party much of the time. After 9/11, the violence and the possible consequences were a lot more real. We were frightened and challenged as never before.

It was hard to disagree. It was pure anguish and depression. But we took the responsibility-- out of pure love.

It doesn't mean we were right. It means that we cared.

And it doesn't mean that we love America more than you do. It means that we paid a higher price for our love. I think that disagreeing with this war has brought me a deeper appreciation of the soldier's sacrifce than agreeing with the last one (in Afghanistan) ever did.

NOTE: This post was inspired by something I read toward the beginning of this long thread, so when it appears at the end, I'm sure it will seem appropos of nothing at all. My apologies.
spiderbaby1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2003, 02:50   #170
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by oNaMiSsIo
its really quite harmless now, they teach you about your state's politics and government, but its still hardcore conservative, seeing as how its run by the american legion.

i said they tried to brainwash us because we had to march information everywhere, endlessly sing 'the boys' state song' (i still know all the words and its been almost month) and we got very little sleep.
Sounds like an amped up Boy Scouts.

There was a church near me where they took kids camping and stuff, but they'd teach them these weird twisted things about how people like me were going to go to hell because we didn't go to church enough, and didn't give enough money, etc. Two weeks later they sent me an invite to save my soul and go with them on a camping trip. I burned the invite and mailed them the ashes.

Old 13th July 2003, 04:05   #171
oNaMiSsIo
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Fickle
Sounds like an amped up Boy Scouts.
i never thought of it that way before, but... yeah. boy scouts.. with dorms.

the best part was it was at Libery University, home of the one, the only... Jerry Falwell! Religious Wacko Extraordinare! it was pretty funny, because this ultraconservative christian dude founds a university and names its sports team... "The Flames". no joke

Old 13th July 2003, 04:48   #172
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

My favorite part of the 9 11 response was the bandwagon patriotism. Nobody cared before, but then al of a sudden, hail, America!
"Wave my flag! Put it on my car! Fly it on my house. All of a sudden, I love my country, but I used to bitch about it constantly."

Or the people who said that we asked for it, that we deserved it. That if we had kept our nose out of people's business we would still be thousands of people plus.
The government "suggested that radio stations not play" (read: banned) A lot of music, from Rage Against the Machine to the Sex Pistols, as if the Sex Pistols are ever on the fucking radio.
Then it was "Hey! It was Osama!" So we go in and beat the fuck out of his country. We helped a shitload of people, and people cheered. Oorah! We got the motherfuck.
Then we get on Iraqs ass, cause why? Cause the CIA and the US military told Bush that Iraq supplied Al-Queada with weapons, and may have WMD.
So Bush jumped in, and then all of a sudden, he was hated. He was hated because he trusted his military men. He is hated because he was wrong about stuff.
And then all of a sudden, people from other countries start making like thier leading a revolution against the oppressive Americans. Lots of people took all this in and believed it, with out even realising that certain countries stood to lose if the US freed Iraq from Saddam. France, for instance, bought oil from Iraq, and bought the oil with planes. The Iraqis fought us with a French Air Force.
And Germany built thier military buildings, as well as supplying them with cash.
So who's to decide which side is right?

Old 13th July 2003, 09:20   #173
Janus Lunar
Space: 1 Pilot: 0
(Senior Member)

Send a message via AIM to Janus Lunar Send a message via Yahoo to Janus Lunar
Wold a mod please lock this thread?
It's getting out of hand.

"Love is what you make of it, if you wish it to last for all time, then you must be willing to risk it all for the one you love."

- Sean T. Wiliams (1983 - )
Janus Lunar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2003, 15:47   #174
zootm
Forum King

sorry, had to.

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2003, 17:12   #175
spiderbaby1958
Major Dude

OMG!!! Really?? The Flames?!? Shit, I wish I could Make up stuff like that!
spiderbaby1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2003, 02:17   #176
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by zootm

sorry, had to.
I have this picture somewhere.

Ooh, looky. There it is.
I love bandwagon patriotism, despite the people who practice it being exactly what a lot of people think we all are.

Old 14th July 2003, 10:02   #177
zootm
Forum King

yeah, i've seen it before. i have to admit i googled for it for the post though. one of the better satirical jokes i've seen though.

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2003, 13:57   #178
theworm

FAQ's

Q: How can one go about joining up with "Bandwagon"tm?

Q: Can I join by either phone, fax, internet or email?

Q: What is the "Bandwagon"tm privacy policy?

Q: Is the offer open to people outside the U.S?

---theworm
"insert smiley face right about here>> "
theworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2003, 01:25   #179
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

Dear TheWorm,
What the hell are you talking about?
Sincerely,
Fickle

Old 15th July 2003, 12:55   #180
theworm

dear mr fickle,

it's a bandwagon, hence for it to be a bandwagon, you must be able to hop (read: join) on the bandwagon, if I'm not allowed to hop on the bandwagon, then it's not really a bandwagon now is it.

I've probably confused you even more now, don't worry yourself to much with it, I was just being silly.

---theworm
"excusing my poor behaviour" (and running out of semi-witty sigs to end with)
Old 15th July 2003, 15:26   #181
Mattress
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by theworm
if I'm not allowed to hop on the bandwagon, then it's not really a bandwagon now is it.
Are you in the band?
Old 16th July 2003, 03:06   #182
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by theworm
dear mr fickle,

it's a bandwagon, hence for it to be a bandwagon, you must be able to hop (read: join) on the bandwagon, if I'm not allowed to hop on the bandwagon, then it's not really a bandwagon now is it.

I've probably confused you even more now, don't worry yourself to much with it, I was just being silly.

---theworm
"excusing my poor behaviour" (and running out of semi-witty sigs to end with)
If you're talking about cliques (as a general, vague term), you are on the bandwagon that is not part of the bandwagon. Therefore, you are not bandwagonesque, while being a part of a bandwagon.

Get all that? Me either.
Please use English when you type, I get confused when gibberish is administered to my Ocular Orifices.

Old 16th July 2003, 13:48   #183
theworm

So your stating that because I'm on one bandwagon already, I can't possibly join this bandwagon. Seems a little unfair too me, oh well give me a few days I'll get over it

Gibberish isn't actually a treatment for ocular disease's. Might want to speak to your doctor again.

Quote:
Please use English when you type
my spelling isn't that bad is it?

-theworm
"play on words #2345: Don't be so fickle, fickle"
Old 16th July 2003, 15:57   #184
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

no, I'm just saying that being part of the crowd not on the bandwagon is being on the "not on a bandwagon" bandwagon.

I hope you didn't think I was being serious.
Quote:
Get all that? Me either.
I'm being as unserious as possible.
And no, your spelling isn't that bad, but it was late at night and my mind got stuck.

Old 18th July 2003, 16:15   #185
theworm

I got the not being serious part, I was just playing along this thread has no meaning anymore, I'm just having a bit of fun (I assume your doing the same).

---theworm
"enjoying the same popularity in the US as Tony Blair"
Old 19th July 2003, 04:41   #186
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

sounds good

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News