Old 23rd June 2003, 22:07   #1
IPissPeopleOff
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 37
Bash America

I urge you all to bash America, anything that will make you feel better about yourself.

Perhaps, however, your whining would be best utilized if instead of bitching on the internet, you wrote your government and asked them to break their alliance with America. If you hate us so much and if you have such a deep desire to express your hatred, why not see how much you like it without any support from us. Let's see how long you would last if you weren't sheltered by America's broad safety net.

You take our generosity and our patience for granted. You all know god damn well that your nations would fold without the support and protection provided by the U.S.

I have yet to see anyone on these boards acknowledge their country's necessity for United States help. All I see is how horrible America is. That is just outright nonsense. You know that our overall influence on the world has been 99.9999999% positive, with only a select few instances of any serious negatives.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've been working all day and I'm going to drive my $50,000 SUV around in circles and burn off some fuel. Then I'm going to go to Kroger and buy $500 worth of food, bring it home, and burn it. After that I plan on turning on the faucets in my baths and sinks, and letting the water flow right down the drain. Then I'll cut down the trees in my back yard and burn them to ashes so I can have a better view. Then I'll going hunting with my 10 guage shotgun and .45 Magnum and shoot whatever the hell I want. Then when I'm done killing the animals I'll just drag them all into a big pile and set them on fire and throw some batteries, tires, styrofoam, and cans of paint into the blaze. All this just because I feel like it.
IPissPeopleOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2003, 22:15   #2
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen
 
ShyShy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Sticks, Queensland
Posts: 8,067
feel better now?
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2003, 22:22   #3
Jay
Moderator Alumni
 
Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Next Door
Posts: 8,942
Re: Bash America

Quote:
Originally posted by IPissPeopleOff
Now if you'll excuse me, I've been working all day and I'm going to drive my $50,000 SUV around in circles and burn off some fuel. Then I'm going to go to Kroger and buy $500 worth of food, bring it home, and burn it. After that I plan on turning on the faucets in my baths and sinks, and letting the water flow right down the drain. Then I'll cut down the trees in my back yard and burn them to ashes so I can have a better view. Then I'll going hunting with my 10 guage shotgun and .45 Magnum and shoot whatever the hell I want. Then when I'm done killing the animals I'll just drag them all into a big pile and set them on fire and throw some batteries, tires, styrofoam, and cans of paint into the blaze. All this just because I feel like it.
hell ya! /me breaks into song, "Cause I'm proud .... to be ... an american, ... cause..."
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2003, 22:27   #4
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)
 
papadoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 4,612
I think the US should close all our military bases
around the world, and bring all our troops home.
Then we should close all US Embassys around the world,
and bring all our diplomats home.
Then we should let all the terrorists go free,
and give them a free plane ticket to the country of their choice.
Then we should tell the United Nations they have to move from New York City,
to France, or Germany, or Iraq or wherever they want.
We'll even build them a brand new building!
Then we should tell the UN that whatever happens in the world,
it's their problem from now on...you deal with it.
If you need our help...email us.
Then we let it be known that we aren't going to meddle
in anyones affairs anymore.
Then we reconstitue the draft, except this time, just draft lawyers,
and we'll protect our borders with the ACLU.
Then we should elect a far left liberal as President,
and get back to getting blow jobs in the office.
But this time, not get so arrognant and down right uppity
about how liberal and wealthy we are.
Because that's really what got everyone hating us in the first place.
papadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2003, 22:28   #5
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen
 
ShyShy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Sticks, Queensland
Posts: 8,067
still laughing my ass off



oops, not at you papa, laughing at the guys above ya. but you do have a point that i've been saying a lot lately, especially towards South Korea. "Fine, we'll close our bases, YOU defend yourselves from the North Koreans, and oh yeah, we'll be screening our answering machine."
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2003, 22:44   #6
Jay
Moderator Alumni
 
Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Next Door
Posts: 8,942
nah if we did that then WWIII would certainly erupt and someone would be begging us to save them from genocide.... Again.... Posts would erupt on the internet claiming that we are a sleeping giant and we are just getting rich off the war while the rest of the world suffers and at the expense of others. then we would have to send out thousands of american soldiers to die to save some other country from being whiped off the planet. It would just cost too much. Unlike others, we learn from our mistakes.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2003, 23:02   #7
DragonSon
Fears the boots
Forum King
 
DragonSon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,445
Re: Bash America

Quote:
Originally posted by IPissPeopleOff
I urge you all to bash America, anything that will make you feel better about yourself.

Perhaps, however, your whining would be best utilized if instead of bitching on the internet, you wrote your government and asked them to break their alliance with America. If you hate us so much and if you have such a deep desire to express your hatred, why not see how much you like it without any support from us. Let's see how long you would last if you weren't sheltered by America's broad safety net.

You take our generosity and our patience for granted. You all know god damn well that your nations would fold without the support and protection provided by the U.S.

I have yet to see anyone on these boards acknowledge their country's necessity for United States help. All I see is how horrible America is. That is just outright nonsense. You know that our overall influence on the world has been 99.9999999% positive, with only a select few instances of any serious negatives.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've been working all day and I'm going to drive my $50,000 SUV around in circles and burn off some fuel. Then I'm going to go to Kroger and buy $500 worth of food, bring it home, and burn it. After that I plan on turning on the faucets in my baths and sinks, and letting the water flow right down the drain. Then I'll cut down the trees in my back yard and burn them to ashes so I can have a better view. Then I'll going hunting with my 10 guage shotgun and .45 Magnum and shoot whatever the hell I want. Then when I'm done killing the animals I'll just drag them all into a big pile and set them on fire and throw some batteries, tires, styrofoam, and cans of paint into the blaze. All this just because I feel like it.


Damn....I like you.
DragonSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2003, 02:05   #8
IPissPeopleOff
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 37
I'm just sick of hearing people from Germany of all places say that the United States Government does more harm than good.

Not to mention the French. Sure they have a right to disagree, but what they did went far beyond a simple difference of opinions. They tried to embarrass the United States and make us look like a more dangerous threat than Saddam Hussein.

I don't want any of you to think that I was being sarcastic in my original post...I'm very serious. That last paragraph of my original post is meant to be heard with an angry and frustrated tone. Cuz I'm sick of all this trendy bash-america talk.
IPissPeopleOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2003, 02:55   #9
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)
 
Fickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Behind you.
Posts: 5,502
it's going to take a long time for the US to be on par with Germany. The Holocost is still burnt into people's brains.

The numbers are still on my grandmothers arm.

And she was from Austria. And isn't Jewish.

I'm so glad there still is a place where all us sarcastic warmongerers can still get together.

Go read a book without pictures
pabook? | Look, a blog! | Buy Stuff I Wrote
Fickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2003, 03:36   #10
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)
 
dlinkwit27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 13,235
Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
Folks
I'd like to sing a song about the American Dream
About me,
About you,
About the way our American hearts beat way down in the bottoms of our chests,
About that special feelting we get in the cockles of our hearts
Or maybe below the cockles,
Maybe in the sub cockle area,
Maybe in the liver,
Maybe in the kidneys,
Maybe even in the colon,
We don't know

I'm just a regular joe,
With a regular job.
I'm your average white,
Suburbanite slob.
I like football, and porno, and books about war.
I've got an average house,
With a nice hardwood floor.
My wife, and my job, my kids, and my car,
My feet on the table,
With a Cuban cigar.
But sometimes that just ain't enough,
To keep a man like me interested,
Oh no, no way, uh uhh.
No I gotta go out and have fun,
At someone elses expense,
Oh yeah, yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah,

I drive really slow,
In the ultra fast lane,
while people, behind me, are going insane.

I'm an asshole
(he's an asshole, what an asshole)
I'm an asshole
(he's an asshole, such an asshole)

I use public toilets,
And I piss on the seats,
I walk around in the summer time,
Sayin' "How about this heat?"

I'm an asshole
(he's an asshole, what an asshole)
I'm an asshole
(he's the worlds biggest asshole)

Sometimes I park in handicaped spaces,
While handicaped People, make handicaped faces,

I'm an asshole
(he's an asshole, what an asshole)
I'm an asshole
(he's a big fucking asshole)

Maybe I shouldnt be singing this song,
Ranting and raving and carring on,
Maybe they're right when they tell me I'm wrong.
NAAAHHHHH

I'm an asshole
(he's an asshole, what an asshole)
I'm an asshole
(he's the worlds biggest asshole)

You know what I'm gonna do?
I'm gonna get myself a 1967 Cadaliac Eldarado Convertable,
Hot Pink!
With whale skin hub caps,
An all leather cow interior,
And big brown baby seal eyes for headlights.
YEAH!
And I'm gonna drive around in that baby,
At 115 miles per hour,
Getting one mile per gallon,
Sucking down quarter pounder cheeseburgers from McDonalds in the old-fasioned non-biodegradable styrafoam containers.
And when I'm done sucking down those grease ball burgers,
I'm gonna wipe my mouth in the American flag,
And then I'm gonna toss the styrafoam containers right out the side,
And there ain't a God damn thing anybody can do about it,
You know why?
'Cause we got the bombs, that's why.
Two words, Nuclear Fucking Weapons OK.
Russia, Germany, Romania,
They can have all the democracy they want.
They can have a big democracy cake,
Walk right through the middle of Tienemen Square,
And it won't make a lick of difference,
Because we got the bombs OK!
John Wayne's not dead,
He's frozen.
And as soon as we find a cure for cancer, we're gonna thaw out the duke.
And he's gonna be pretty pissed off,
You know why?
Have you ever taken a cold shower?
Well multiply that by 15 million times,
That's how pissed off the duke's gonna be.
I'm gonna get the duke,
And John Desimeties,
And Lee Marvinhaugh
And Sam Beckinforth,
And a case of whiskey,
And drive down to Texas,
And,
(hey, Hey, You know you really are an asshole)
Why don't you shut up and sing the song pal,
You know the whole time I thought I was that asshole,
And it turns out it was him,
What an Asshole

I'm an asshole
(he's an asshole, what an asshole)
I'm an asshole
(he's the worlds biggest asshole)

A, SS, HO, LE
Everybody,
A, SS, HO, LE

I'm an asshole, and I'm Proud of it!
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2003, 03:41   #11
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen
 
ShyShy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Sticks, Queensland
Posts: 8,067
gotta love Dennis Leary.

and, IPissPeopleOff, i did take you seriously. i just have an odd sense of humor that was quirked when i read your thread, there's been a lot of bashing going on in here and it was just refreshing to read your post.
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2003, 04:23   #12
IPissPeopleOff
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally posted by ShyShy
IPissPeopleOff, i did take you seriously. i just have an odd sense of humor that was quirked when i read your thread, there's been a lot of bashing going on in here and it was just refreshing to read your post.
I figured you did, but it's hard to tell the tone sometimes.
With the responses I've seen, I'm feeling very refreshed myself. Thank you for not slumping down into the 'fashionable' group of boisterous anti-Americans who skew facts and negate truths.
One must only review the U.N. Resolutions to observe the authenticity of what the United States Government has said about Iraq. The Bush administration has made me exceedingly proud and has very thoroughly earned my vote in the next election.
IPissPeopleOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2003, 04:27   #13
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen
 
ShyShy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Sticks, Queensland
Posts: 8,067
i like to believe that i'm the type to call it as it is. being an american, sure there are things that i would love to see changed in our country, but at the same time, i know that i'm pretty damn lucky living here.
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2003, 05:27   #14
duh
Banned
 
duh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 290
Send a message via AIM to duh Send a message via Yahoo to duh
Born in the USA! I was born in the USA! I was born in the USA! Born in the USA!...
duh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2003, 06:09   #15
Cylob
Forum Music King
(Forum King)
 
Cylob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Future
Posts: 7,175
Who's going to raise the flag?

Secret Snacker & Accomplished Pen Thief At:
Cylob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2003, 13:36   #16
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)
 
dlinkwit27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 13,235
Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
Big Picture - Good for you, bad for my modem
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2003, 14:44   #17
Cylob
Forum Music King
(Forum King)
 
Cylob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Future
Posts: 7,175

Secret Snacker & Accomplished Pen Thief At:
Cylob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2003, 09:46   #18
webthing
Forum King
 
webthing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: South Central Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 2,646
RIOT - Born In America (1983)



Ball of fire in the sky,
The sound of solid steel.
A flash of lightning,
Sounds so frightening,
When the power's all you feel.

From the leather of the fifties,
Murray The K and Alan Freed.
Monroe and James Dean,
Died for the silver screen,
And Elvis made them bleed.

Born in America.
Born in America.

You wanna see a movie star?
Hollywood or D.C.?
Politicians greed,
Money's all you need,
The power's guaranteed.

Vegas got the ******s,
And Texas, oil wells.
Got your Boston beans,
Got your Frisco Queens,
Anything that sells.

Born in America.
Born in America.

Land of the free.

Born in America.
Born in America.
Born in America.
Born in America.

Motor city, motown,
Chili-dogs and baseball.
Bluejeans and Coca-Cola,

Rock 'n' roll,

All born in America.

webthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2003, 23:38   #19
spiderbaby1958
Major Dude
 
spiderbaby1958's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Binghamton, NY
Posts: 789
On this great great day I would like to recall the words of that great American, Ralph Nader:

"There were conservatives in the American Revolution. They called them 'tories'."
spiderbaby1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2003, 00:17   #20
spiderbaby1958
Major Dude
 
spiderbaby1958's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Binghamton, NY
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally posted by ShyShy
i like to believe that i'm the type to call it as it is. being an american, sure there are things that i would love to see changed in our country, but at the same time, i know that i'm pretty damn lucky living here.
BUT isn't that beside the point? Isn't this thread about what it's like to be living in other countries while America throws its weight around? When in polls, Europeans said they were more afraid of George Bush than Saddam Hussein, that seemed kind of crazy to me at first-- but they weren't being asked who was the nicer guy... they were being asked who has the potential to do the most mischief in the world, and I think the answer to that question is clearly George Bush.

I hate to inject a note of the obvious here, but politics is as much about perception as reality. When Bush walks out on treaty after treaty... more treaties than I can recall here-- the Kyoto protocol was only one, and so was the ABM treaty, and the international war crimes tribunal-- and then tries to bring the world on board with these war projects of his, what sort of perception does that create? These trouble spots in the world are usually thousands of miles closer to them than they are to us. They're nervous. Would they "fold" without us? I doubt it, but I really have no way of knowing that, and neither do any of us in here. What I do know is that it was only a couple of years ago that we had the support and sympathy of the whole world, something that I would very much like to have in the struggle with terrorism. We sure flushed that down the crapper in a hurry! Like most of us, the rest of the world did not vote for this guy, and yet this guy is affecting their lives. And some of us seem to be implying that they have no right to bitch or complain about that.

We are a great nation as always... but, in the opinion of much of the world, we are a great nation with a bad government. The fact that it is the people and not our government that defines us a big part of our greatness. It's not the first time this has happened, and it won't be the last.
spiderbaby1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2003, 00:42   #21
spiderbaby1958
Major Dude
 
spiderbaby1958's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Binghamton, NY
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally posted by Fickle
it's going to take a long time for the US to be on par with Germany. The Holocost is still burnt into people's brains.

The numbers are still on my grandmothers arm.

And she was from Austria. And isn't Jewish.

I'm so glad there still is a place where all us sarcastic warmongerers can still get together.

Don't you think there are people walking around with scars inclicted by the truncheons of the Selma and Birmingham Police Departments? Or with their faces melted by the bombs of Hiroshima and Nagasaki? And my point is not that there aren't big moral differences here, but how responsible do you feel for these things? Do you feel like they were your fault, and that their existence aborgates your right to criticize other nations? I was six when the Civil rights movement took place and when the bombs fell on Japan I was thirteen years away from being a sperm. These things might have taken place in another country.

I don't think it's fair to pin the holocaust on Germans who weren't born yet, or were children, when all the horror went down. It would be like blaming us for slavery.
spiderbaby1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2003, 03:08   #22
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)
 
dlinkwit27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 13,235
Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
I''m trying to remember why we nuked japan. oh yea, cause they attacked our freakni base even though we were not at war with them! what did the jews to to provoke the nazis? oh yea! nothing!
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2003, 05:25   #23
tiger84
Major Dude
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: 101010
Posts: 750
Quote:
Originally posted by spiderbaby1958
BUT isn't that beside the point? Isn't this thread about what it's like to be living in other countries while America throws its weight around? When in polls, Europeans said they were more afraid of George Bush than Saddam Hussein, that seemed kind of crazy to me at first-- but they weren't being asked who was the nicer guy... they were being asked who has the potential to do the most mischief in the world, and I think the answer to that question is clearly George Bush.

I hate to inject a note of the obvious here, but politics is as much about perception as reality. When Bush walks out on treaty after treaty... more treaties than I can recall here-- the Kyoto protocol was only one, and so was the ABM treaty, and the international war crimes tribunal-- and then tries to bring the world on board with these war projects of his, what sort of perception does that create? These trouble spots in the world are usually thousands of miles closer to them than they are to us. They're nervous. Would they "fold" without us? I doubt it, but I really have no way of knowing that, and neither do any of us in here. What I do know is that it was only a couple of years ago that we had the support and sympathy of the whole world, something that I would very much like to have in the struggle with terrorism. We sure flushed that down the crapper in a hurry! Like most of us, the rest of the world did not vote for this guy, and yet this guy is affecting their lives. And some of us seem to be implying that they have no right to bitch or complain about that.

We are a great nation as always... but, in the opinion of much of the world, we are a great nation with a bad government. The fact that it is the people and not our government that defines us a big part of our greatness. It's not the first time this has happened, and it won't be the last.
WARNING! FLAW ALERT!
One: The treaties George Bush have broken were either NOT working or should not have been passed in the first place.

Two: Look, we, the US, should not be expected to be the world's bitch...I'm sorry, but I don't think any other country would find that acceptable. While our government does have its share of problems, it is buy no means bad. Anyone who thinks that has a problem. If it were a bad government, you would not be able to say it was a bad government. If it were bad, you could not believe anything you wanted to. If it were bad you could not have freedom of speech, assembly, religion, and all the other rights that so many of us take for granted when we say the US has a bad government. We cannot be expected to do what the rest of the world wants us to do. Right now they want us to just go away, but not 50 years ago they were complaining because we weren't involved enough. Make up your damn minds.

If life calls and you're busy, let the answering machine pick-up.

Just so you know, my previous avatar was NOT a swastika, nor did it have much similarity to one. Just thought I'd clear that up since I cannot use my own original art work.
tiger84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2003, 06:17   #24
IPissPeopleOff
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 37
Thank you tiger. And thank you Dlink.

I'm sick of people trying to skew the facts and make it look like America just dropped bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki for the hell of it without being provoked. Japan attacked us. We have the right to defend ourselves. If you don't like what happened at Hiroshima and Nagasaki then trace it back to Pearl Harbor and aptly place the blame on Japan. We did not enter WWII, we were brought into WWII. Like it or not our two explosions initiated the conclusion of a World War. Also remember that the U.S. spent billions to help rebuild a war-torn Europe when it had absolutely no obligation to do so. The U.S. did that because the U.S. is a generous nation. We have troops all over the world and we keep countries safe. Everyone seems to forget all the peace that we help bring to otherwise chaotic regions.
IPissPeopleOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2003, 17:05   #25
DracoVulpine
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: That place...y'know...over there
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally posted by tiger84
WARNING! FLAW ALERT!
One: The treaties George Bush have broken were either NOT working or should not have been passed in the first place.
Um...that's not a flaw in any arguement. They were treaties that the government we'd elected had agreed to. Granted it was not the same government...but still. The US should abide by its treaties unless they are broken by the country we have them with.

Such as the one with North Korea where they suddenly admit they have a Nuclear Weapons program...something that we have a treaty with them not to do. I'm sure they felt that the treaty was not working...so they ignored it.

If it's not 'working', then that's the time to step up to the people we have the treaty with and renegotiate, not just walk off from it.

Just because we're a super power doesn't mean we should break any agreements we want when they become 'inconvenient'...if that became a standard, then what use would treaties ever be other than a way to waste paper?
DracoVulpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2003, 17:57   #26
tiger84
Major Dude
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: 101010
Posts: 750
Quote:
Originally posted by DracoVulpine
Um...that's not a flaw in any arguement. They were treaties that the government we'd elected had agreed to. Granted it was not the same government...but still. The US should abide by its treaties unless they are broken by the country we have them with.

Such as the one with North Korea where they suddenly admit they have a Nuclear Weapons program...something that we have a treaty with them not to do. I'm sure they felt that the treaty was not working...so they ignored it.

If it's not 'working', then that's the time to step up to the people we have the treaty with and renegotiate, not just walk off from it.

Just because we're a super power doesn't mean we should break any agreements we want when they become 'inconvenient'...if that became a standard, then what use would treaties ever be other than a way to waste paper?
Well you see, you can't renegotiated all those treaties. Have you notice France's attitude lately, Germany's, or Russia's. Most of the country's we have treaties with would tell us to just F*** OFF if we tried to reorganize. And that ABM treaty should never have been passed in the first place...yes, let's leave ourselves open to attack with no way to defend ourselves...it should have been an anti-ICBM treaty.

If life calls and you're busy, let the answering machine pick-up.

Just so you know, my previous avatar was NOT a swastika, nor did it have much similarity to one. Just thought I'd clear that up since I cannot use my own original art work.
tiger84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2003, 19:10   #27
spiderbaby1958
Major Dude
 
spiderbaby1958's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Binghamton, NY
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally posted by tiger84
Well you see, you can't renegotiated all those treaties. Have you notice France's attitude lately, Germany's, or Russia's. Most of the country's we have treaties with would tell us to just F*** OFF if we tried to reorganize. And that ABM treaty should never have been passed in the first place...yes, let's leave ourselves open to attack with no way to defend ourselves...it should have been an anti-ICBM treaty.
You got it backwards. The current attitude of Russia, Germany, France, etc. was not the cause of bush's fondness for walking out on inconvenient treaties... it was an effect. The walkouts came first.

Let's not even talk about whether America was right to break these treaties, or whether we have a right to do it. This thread seemed to start out with a presumption that we should expect not to be so much as criticized for it-- and that premise is either tyrannical, or divorced from reality.

You completely missed the point of my allusion to the atomic bombings, like I knew you would. Read it again, or remain ignorant. I don't care.
spiderbaby1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2003, 19:44   #28
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)
 
dlinkwit27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 13,235
Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
Quote:
Originally posted by spiderbaby1958
Read it again, or remain ignorant. I don't care.
A classic statement to use when you have no argumetns and hope people will find one in teh statement for you. Nice
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2003, 23:41   #29
spiderbaby1958
Major Dude
 
spiderbaby1958's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Binghamton, NY
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally posted by tiger84
WARNING! FLAW ALERT!
One: The treaties George Bush have broken were either NOT working or should not have been passed in the first place.

While our government does have its share of problems, it is buy no means bad. Anyone who thinks that has a problem. If it were a bad government, you would not be able to say it was a bad government. If it were bad, you could not believe anything you wanted to. If it were bad you could not have freedom of speech, assembly, religion, and all the other rights that so many of us take for granted when we say the US has a bad government.
Okay, well first let me clarify. I am a great admirer of the US Consitution, as is much of the world, and my remarks about "our government" were meant in the sense of the current administation, not the more enduring constitutional system. I know of no better system of government.

However, citizenship in a Democracy is not so simple as some people think. You need to think a little more critically. Your logic is flawed. Suppose Americans enjoy all the freedoms that you mention, but we enslave the rest of the world? Is that a good government? I don't mean to imply that ean to imply that this is the situation the world is in today. I'm only trying to point out that by itself, the fact that we have certain freedoms does not logically mean our government is always good.

Let's rememnber where these freedoms come from. The Declaration of Independence states: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights." In other words our rights come from God, not the government. America owes its very existence to that principle, and the idea that speaking against the government is somehow an ungrateful use of those freedoms that the government gave us is at odds with the principles this country was founded on.
spiderbaby1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2003, 23:48   #30
spiderbaby1958
Major Dude
 
spiderbaby1958's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Binghamton, NY
Posts: 789
Your weak shit...

Quote:
Originally posted by dlinkwit27
A classic statement to use when you have no argumetns and hope people will find one in teh statement for you. Nice
First of all, what sort of "argumetn" is this that you're making here?

Secondly, don't you think I know what I wrote? Do you think I'm just hoping that there will be an arguement that sort of fell in there randomly? I think that must say something about how you make your arguments.

Regarding the atom bomb, what I said was this:
spiderbaby1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2003, 23:55   #31
spiderbaby1958
Major Dude
 
spiderbaby1958's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Binghamton, NY
Posts: 789
Your weak shit II

Quote:
Originally posted by spiderbaby1958
And my point is not that there aren't big moral differences here, but how responsible do you feel for these things? Do you feel like they were your fault, and that their existence aborgates your right to criticize other nations?
In other words, I was very careful to state that these things are not the moral equivlent of the holocaust, although tht point went completely over your thick-assed head....
spiderbaby1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2003, 23:58   #32
spiderbaby1958
Major Dude
 
spiderbaby1958's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Binghamton, NY
Posts: 789
Your weak shit III

Quote:
Originally posted by dlinkwit27
I''m trying to remember why we nuked japan. oh yea, cause they attacked our freakni base even though we were not at war with them! what did the jews to to provoke the nazis? oh yea! nothing!
Really... how much trouble am I to take to explain my posts to you if you can't even read them in the first place?
spiderbaby1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2003, 00:30   #33
tiger84
Major Dude
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: 101010
Posts: 750
Re: Your weak shit II

Quote:
Originally posted by spiderbaby1958
In other words, I was very careful to state that these things are not the moral equivlent of the holocaust, although tht point went completely over your thick-assed head....
First of all...you yourself are thick headed, end of argument. Second, you can put all your argument in one post...as opposed to 3 or 4 in a row. Third, this thread isn't saying you cannot speak out against the government, it is complaining about people who don't live here making ignorant comments and totally bashing our country when their country is no better. And finally, before assuming Bush is a war monger (which he is not) why don't you try to do some research and look up his point of view and why he does the things he does (don't just assume...I'll refrain from the bad pun...what am I saying, no I won't. Don't assume, it makes an ass out of you and me.) It is important to remember that Bush is one of the most popular presidents in the United States history. His approval rating is astronomically high. Most people are happy with what he is doing.

Now, before you go and personally bash us. We most likely did read your post and disagree with your reasoning because you are not taking everything into consideration...like maybe why something was done the way it was done.

And, the greatness of our government comes from the fact that they do not try and supress our God given rights, thats why it is so good. I at no time said that our government gave us our rights.

If life calls and you're busy, let the answering machine pick-up.

Just so you know, my previous avatar was NOT a swastika, nor did it have much similarity to one. Just thought I'd clear that up since I cannot use my own original art work.
tiger84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2003, 03:43   #34
spiderbaby1958
Major Dude
 
spiderbaby1958's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Binghamton, NY
Posts: 789
Obviously, I used three posts because I quoted from three seperate previous posts.

Man, you are all over the place! We were talking about how I refused to explain how you missed the point of my allusion the atomic bomb weren't we? So then you goad me into explaining it to you-- and your rebuttal is more weak shit, only having to do with some completely different part of a completely different post.

"You are thick headed. End of argument."

Well, I guess I must have missed the beginning of the argument. But I think I'll let you have this one, cause I have already spent much energy on you than you're worth. Welcome to my ignore list.
spiderbaby1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2003, 04:42   #35
tiger84
Major Dude
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: 101010
Posts: 750
YES! I win again.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=140989

Wow, that is just weak (just like a liberal)...ignore...that really shows you know what you're talking about. Afraid of confrontation.

If life calls and you're busy, let the answering machine pick-up.

Just so you know, my previous avatar was NOT a swastika, nor did it have much similarity to one. Just thought I'd clear that up since I cannot use my own original art work.
tiger84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2003, 05:13   #36
Mattress
Forum King
 
Mattress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 4,577
A true liberal is open to differing opinions and viewpoints.

I am a liberal.
Mattress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2003, 05:15   #37
tiger84
Major Dude
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: 101010
Posts: 750
I probably should have clarified...he is one of THOSE liberals. I know a few, but the rest of the liberals are, as you say, open to other's opinions.

If life calls and you're busy, let the answering machine pick-up.

Just so you know, my previous avatar was NOT a swastika, nor did it have much similarity to one. Just thought I'd clear that up since I cannot use my own original art work.
tiger84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2003, 09:26   #38
ryan
not fucked, not quite.
(Forum King)
 
ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Tn
Posts: 8,798
Send a message via AIM to ryan
Someone neeeds some quiet time
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2003, 22:45   #39
spiderbaby1958
Major Dude
 
spiderbaby1958's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Binghamton, NY
Posts: 789
I don't consider myself a liberal, but a radical centrist. I'll explain the distinction some other time. You probably wouldn't know this from signature, but I am a registered Republican, who supported John McCain for president. Anyway, it isn't the point of view that I put on my ignore list, it's the person-- because his arguements simply weren't worthy of the hard work and attention I was putting into my posts. Not a worthy opponent.
spiderbaby1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2003, 22:59   #40
tiger84
Major Dude
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: 101010
Posts: 750
Quote:
Originally posted by spiderbaby1958
Anyway, it isn't the point of view that I put on my ignore list, it's the person-- because his arguements simply weren't worthy of the hard work and attention I was putting into my posts. Not a worthy opponent. Not a worthy opponent.
Quick translation:
"I am afraid of confrontation or people who have an opinion that is different than mine."

Wow, this is unusually fun.

If life calls and you're busy, let the answering machine pick-up.

Just so you know, my previous avatar was NOT a swastika, nor did it have much similarity to one. Just thought I'd clear that up since I cannot use my own original art work.
tiger84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump