Old 14th June 2004, 13:14   #41
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightViper88
...there's nothing here for you to see...
Damn, I guess you can see right through me! I'm only interested in drinking. Oh well, guess I'll go have a drink!

Mas tequila!

Idiot's Advocate
My site (under construction)
CaboWaboAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2004, 21:16   #42
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by Germ
Lots of stupid in this thread.
Lots of stupid usually follows Bush
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2004, 00:23   #43
Bazman63
Major Dude

Can anyone find a comparison between manpower/expenditure in Irag and that in Afghanistan?

Bearing in mind that the murdering, psychotic religious nut Bin Laden, (remember him?), is still running around free, while coalition troops and Iraqis are dying for President Haliburton.

If all the troops currently stationed in "liberating" Iraqi oil, were actually searching for Bin Laden, the bastard might be in custody by now.

'In this country, it takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.'"
Bazman63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2004, 13:00   #44
Bazman63
Major Dude

hmmm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blltna.jpg (69.3 KB, 112 views)

Old 21st June 2004, 14:25   #45
ctn|chrisw
Forum King

http://www.bushin30seconds.org/150/view.html?ad_id=772

ctn|chrisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2004, 15:33   #46
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally posted by ctn|chrisw
http://www.bushin30seconds.org/150/view.html?ad_id=772
... she asks: Any questions?

I got one: Where in the fuck did they get someone stupid enough to recite that bullshit? That bitch is either dumb as hell or paid well. Most likely both.

Listen close to what she accuses Bush of doing. Most of that shit has been going on for years. Bash Bush - its his fault now!

Idiot's Advocate
Old 21st June 2004, 17:06   #47
Bazman63
Major Dude

That bitch is either dumb as hell or paid well. Most likely both.

That's no way to talk about your president

(I couldn't be bothered to wait for the download,btw)

Old 25th October 2004, 14:42   #48
scootiedude

Bush isn't capable of succeeding in Iraq

My friend served on a U.S. Navy destroyer in the Red Sea during Desert Storm. His brother served in the same war in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. This past July, members of his Naval Reserves unit in Charleston, S.C., were activated, transferred to Army Command and sent to Iraq, where he now serves near Tikrit.

Since when did we arbitrarily transfer personnel from one branch of service to another?

His e-mails are usually one or two terse sentences, "I'm fine. Don't worry about me."

So when he called last week, I asked some questions that could be answered with one word because I know the Bush administration is obsessed with control and secrecy.

"Do R.P.G.'s ever land in your camp?" "Sometimes."

"Do mortar rounds ever land in your camp?" "Sometimes."

Then I asked, "What I see on CNN and other media show a really dangerous, messy situation there. Is really like that?" "Yes, it's that bad."

I have concluded that if we really want to support our troops in Iraq, we can do that best by voting for John Kerry in November, because I don't believe that the present administration can succeed there, ever; too many critical errors caused by ignorance and arrogance.

"I'm not worried about casualties" ~ G W Bush
scootiedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2004, 16:41   #49
shakey_snake
Forum Domo

Would any Kerry-supporting war-haters mind replying to this thread?

elevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladylevitateme
shakey_snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2004, 14:46   #50
scootiedude

Re: shakey snakie

Quote:
Originally posted by shakey_snake
------------------------------------------------------
I'm fairly certain they will. There are so many of us out there.
scootiedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2004, 16:53   #51
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

Re: Re: shakey snakie

Quote:
Originally posted by scootiedude
He says 'they' and 'us'
Scootie, which group do you belong to?

Idiot's Advocate
Old 26th October 2004, 16:53   #52
spiderbaby1958
Major Dude

Quote:
spiderbaby1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2004, 16:58   #53
Mattress
Forum King

in response to the first post:
Iraq being an immediate threat was never touted as a reason to invade. Saddam would have become a threat, was the reason given.

Pretty much everyone believed that there were WMD in Iraq before the war, even France and Germany and the UN. It wasn't a lie it was just bad information.

Saddam also supported terrorism, maybe not specifically al Qaeda. But he gave money to the families of Palestinian suicide bombers, as well as harbored other terrorists (Abu Nidal) in Iraq. His affiliation with terrorist organizations and the belief that he possessed WMD was a frightening prospect. Another reason for the war was to prevent terrorists from receiving chemical or biological weapons from Saddam.
Mattress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2004, 17:35   #54
shakey_snake
Forum Domo

Quote:
Pretty much everyone believed that there were WMD in Iraq before the war, even France and Germany and the UN. It wasn't a lie it was just bad information.
Most Democrats are either quick-to-forget conspiracy-theorists that would never believe this statement, or have been brainwashed into thinking so.

Quote:
Originally posted by scootiedude
oh... good point
I forgot how much Dems want everyone else to do their job, but still reap the benefits for themselves.
Spinelessness.

Old 26th October 2004, 18:01   #55
zootm
Forum King

Sounds like a certain other political party.

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2004, 18:42   #56
MegaRock
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to MegaRock Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRock
Quote:
Most Democrats are either quick-to-forget conspiracy-theorists that would never believe this statement, or have been brainwashed into thinking so.
This is a funny quote considering it's the Republicans that have everyone brainwashed into thinking we have 'imminent' attacks almost daily, the closer to the election it gets the more imminent they are. It was the Republicans (in control of the Senate, Congress and the White House) who also brainwashed us into allowing Saddam to be attacked. Yes, he may have been funding terrorists but so was Moammar Khaddafi of Lybia and now we are his friends. You can't attack one and call the other a friend. Well, except Lybia has oil and we all know where the Bush family wealth comes from - oil.

They are the same people responsible for running the government and it's intelligence divisions at a time when we recorded many of this countries worst intelligence disasters.

They were in charge of protecting the country at a time when we had the worst single attack on our countries soil (except MAYBE Pearl Harbor) so it was a massive failure on defence.

They were in charge of the economy at a time when we have suffered the worst job loss recorded in over 100 years and a time when the personal savings and wealth of typical families have plummeted while the personal wealth of the chosen few skyrocketed over the same period.

In each case the Republican Party continues to tell everyone the economy is fine, the country is protected and we are winning the war on terrorism.

Then at the same time the government itself continues to release information on how bad the economy is, how much of a threat terrorist attacks there still is and how we are indeed losing the war on terrorism as well as getting tlaughtered in Iraq while North Korea is WITHOUT ANY DOUBT creating a nuclear weapon but since they have no oil we don't want to invade.

With all these bad things happening on their watch how can I continue to allow them to do the same things for another four years? I consider it anyway but no matter who I talk to or what party affiliation they may have not once has anyone been able to tell me ONE GOOD THING Bush has done in his four years. When you can't name at least once that means this man has accomplished abolustely nothing in four years but sure left alot of other things in worse shape than they were.

I will not vote Republican and will not vote Bush because it is time for a change. Maybe the next guy won't do anything either but we have seen without any dispute what happens with Bush in control and that's nothing.

Megarock Radio - St. Louis Since 1998!
Tune In Now!
Corporate Radio Sucks! No suits, all rock!
MegaRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2004, 19:36   #57
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally posted by MegaRock
This is a funny quote considering it's the Republicans that have everyone brainwashed into thinking we have 'imminent' attacks almost daily, the closer to the election it gets the more imminent they are.
Why is it that everyone thinks the other side is brainwashed?
Quote:
It was the Republicans (in control of the Senate, Congress and the White House) who also brainwashed us into allowing Saddam to be attacked.
Yes there was a Republican administration 'in charge' when it happened. But I need to remind you they inherited all of the shitty intellegence from the Clinton Administration who cut the military and intellegence many times.
Quote:
Yes, he may have been funding terrorists but so was Moammar Khaddafi of Lybia and now we are his friends. You can't attack one and call the other a friend. Well, except Lybia has oil and we all know where the Bush family wealth comes from - oil.
So what are they doing with all this oil they are 'stealing' from Iraq? They must have some kind of underground pipeline directly into Bush's backyard storage field cause they sure aren't selling it here!LOL
Quote:
They are the same people responsible for running the government and it's intelligence divisions at a time when we recorded many of this countries worst intelligence disasters.
I again remind you this problem was inherited from Clinton.
Quote:
They were in charge of protecting the country at a time when we had the worst single attack on our countries soil (except MAYBE Pearl Harbor) so it was a massive failure on defence.
How do you defend against something you have never thought of? Tell me now, oh wise one, what will be the next unique weapon the terrorists will use so we can be prepared in advance to defend against it.
Quote:
They were in charge of the economy at a time when we have suffered the worst job loss recorded in over 100 years and a time when the personal savings and wealth of typical families have plummeted while the personal wealth of the chosen few skyrocketed over the same period.
Again, job loss inherited from Clinton. But the increase in government jobs that has been put in place since Bush took office is Bush's fault too! LOL
Quote:
In each case the Republican Party continues to tell everyone the economy is fine, the country is protected and we are winning the war on terrorism.
FYI, every incumbent will say that before an election. Every challenger will say the opposite. So?
Quote:
Then at the same time the government itself continues to release information on how bad the economy is, how much of a threat terrorist attacks there still is and how we are indeed losing the war on terrorism as well as getting tlaughtered in Iraq while North Korea is WITHOUT ANY DOUBT creating a nuclear weapon but since they have no oil we don't want to invade.
hahahaha! We are not invading Korea because they don't have any oil? Where did you dig that gem up?
Quote:
With all these bad things happening on their watch how can I continue to allow them to do the same things for another four years?
Because it is much better than where we were headed with Clinton at the helm and Kerry can't be trusted.
Quote:
I consider it anyway but no matter who I talk to or what party affiliation they may have not once has anyone been able to tell me ONE GOOD THING Bush has done in his four years. When you can't name at least once that means this man has accomplished abolustely nothing in four years but sure left alot of other things in worse shape than they were.
You must not have been talking to anyone that was paying attention. The economy was sliding when Bush took office. The steel industry was crippled. Granted the economy took a hit on 9/11 but remove that and it has improved. The steel industry is rebounding. Interest rates are low. People can buy better housing for less money (adjusted dollars) now than they could in the past.
Quote:
I will not vote Republican and will not vote Bush because it is time for a change. Maybe the next guy won't do anything either but we have seen without any dispute what happens with Bush in control and that's nothing.
That is really a shortsighted viewpoint.

Idiot's Advocate
Old 26th October 2004, 21:47   #58
MegaRock
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by CaboWaboAddict
Why is it that everyone thinks the other side is brainwashed?

Musta brainwashed us into allowing it?

Quote:
Yes there was a Republican administration 'in charge' when it happened. But I need to remind you they inherited all of the shitty intellegence from the Clinton Administration who cut the military and intellegence many times.
And this is what the Bush administration has repeated over and over again. Not once has anyone been able to provide the slightest bit of proof that it is due to anything Clinton did. Unless you can offer proof of this (outside of some Republican saying so) then this point is moot.

Quote:
So what are they doing with all this oil they are 'stealing' from Iraq? They must have some kind of underground pipeline directly into Bush's backyard storage field cause they sure aren't selling it here!LOL
Nobody knows. There have only been a few attacks on the pipeline and the oil is supposedly pumping but so far I've seen no difference in the oil market. But a clear indication that we are there more for the oil than anything else is how much we guard the oil areas but now three times in the past month weapons have been stolen or disappeared because no one was guarding them. Why watch the oil but not the weapons if we really went there for weapons?

Quote:
How do you defend against something you have never thought of? Tell me now, oh wise one, what will be the next unique weapon the terrorists will use so we can be prepared in advance to defend against it.
Again, job loss inherited from Clinton. But the increase in government jobs that has been put in place since Bush took office is Bush's fault too! LOL
How do you defend against something you never thought of? That's the problem - THEY DID THINK OF IT otherwise within one hour of the attack they wouldn't already have known who the most likely suspect was, would they? If they had no idea and never thought of it how did they know exactly who to go after?

Quote:
hahahaha! We are not invading Korea because they don't have any oil? Where did you dig that gem up?
Are nuclear warheads not Weapons of Mass Destruction? Are these weapons not what Bush said he was going to stop and against anyone? Saddam had none. Korea does. We stop Saddam but not Korea? If there is any other reason please explain it.

Quote:
Because it is much better than where we were headed with Clinton at the helm and Kerry can't be trusted.
You must not have been talking to anyone that was paying attention. The economy was sliding when Bush took office. The steel industry was crippled. Granted the economy took a hit on 9/11 but remove that and it has improved. The steel industry is rebounding. Interest rates are low. People can buy better housing for less money (adjusted dollars) now than they could in the past.
Again I ask for proof. The last time someone debated me on this I posted the government's own reports on things like the overall health of the stock market, personal wealth and income, unemployment numbers, exports vs. imports, value of the dollar and about every other economic indicator there was - every single one started going up and stayed up with Clinton. The very week Dubya was elected most dropped and continues doing so in a very steady decline. The economy also tanked long before 9/11 - that just assisted the decline temporarily.

Interest rates are low because the economy is in the shitter. When the economy does better interest rates rise.

I'm too tired to dig up those numbers again but somewhere in these forums I'm sure the original post exists and shows numbers all the way back to Kennedy and before - and you can see how the ups and downs change with each President and how long effects from one last. In this case Bush has shown the sharpest declines in the standards of living since the Great Depression.

Theres no brainwashing in those numbers - these numbes were reported by Bush's own government so they wouldn't be a lie.

Tune In Now!
Old 26th October 2004, 22:11   #59
Mattress
Forum King

Quote:
no matter who I talk to or what party affiliation they may have not once has anyone been able to tell me ONE GOOD THING Bush has done in his four years. When you can't name at least once that means this man has accomplished abolustely nothing in four years but sure left alot of other things in worse shape than they were.
Stem cell research is legal, you can research any kind of stem cell you want, including fetal stem cells. Before Bush, under Clinton, stem cell research was banned.

Afghanistan recently held the country's first ever democratic elections. The first vote cast in that country was cast by a woman. Under the taliban, women were publicly beaten for being so bold as to leave their homes or show a little ankle.

Saddam is no longer funding terrorism in palestine, he is no longer torturing and executing Iraqi citizens.

Now, I want to challenge you, name ONE GOOD THING that John Kerry has done in TWENTY YEARS of being a US Senator.
Old 26th October 2004, 22:36   #60
MegaRock
Forum King

Ok, let's start with gun control:

108th Congress

Assault Weapons Ban Renewal Amendment
Senate Amendment 2637, offered by Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) to S. 1805, the Gun Industry Immunity Bill, would extend the Assault Weapons Ban for 10 more years until 2014. Currently, the Assault Weapons Ban is scheduled to expire on September 13, 2004 unless a new law is passed. On March 2, 2004, the amendment passed 52-47.

JOHN KERRY voted FOR the amendment.

Closing the Gun Show Loophole Amendment
Senate Amendment 2636, offered by Senator John McCain (R-AZ) to S. 1805, the Gun Industry Immunity Bill, would require criminal background checks on all firearms transactions occurring at gun shows. On March 2, 2004, the amendment passed 53-46.

Study of Cop Killer Bullet Amendment
Senate Amendment 2619, offered by Senator Edward Kennedy (D-MA) to S. 1805, the Gun Industry Immunity Bill, would expand the definition of armor piercing ammunition and to require the Attorney General to promulgate standards for the uniform testing of projectiles against body armor. On March 2, 2004, the amendment passed 34-63.

106th Congress

Ban on Unlicensed Sale of Guns on Internet
Senate Amendment 350, offered by Senator Charles Schumer (D-NY) to S.254, the Violent and Repeat Juvenile Offender Accountability and Rehabilitation Act of 1999, to ban the unlicensed sale of guns on the Internet by requiring websites clearly designed to sell guns to be federally licensed firearms dealers and to comply with all such federal laws. A motion was offered to table (defeat) the amendment. On May 14, 1999, the motion to table passed 50-43.

JOHN KERRY voted AGAINST the motion to table the amendment.

Lautenberg Gun Show Amendment
Senate Amendment 362, offered by Senator Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) to S.254, the Violent and Repeat Juvenile Offender Accountability and Rehabilitation Act of 1999 to close the loophole allowing individuals to sell guns from their "private collections" at gun shows without completing background checks for purchasers. On May 20, 1999, with Vice President Al Gore casting the tie-breaking vote, the amendment passed 51-50.

105th Congress

Child Access Prevention Amendment
Senate Amendment 3260, offered by Senator Richard Durbin (D-IL) to S. 2260, the FY99 Commerce, Justice, State Appropriations bill, to increase penalties for individuals who permit juvenile access to firearms. On July 21, 1998, a motion was made to table (defeat) the amendment. The motion to table passed 69-31.

Large Ammunition Magazine Ban Amendment
Senate Amendment 3351, offered by Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) to S. 2312, the FY99 Treasury and General Government Appropriations bill, to ban the importation of large capacity ammunition feeding devices. On July 21, 1998, a motion was made to table (defeat) amendment. The motion to table passed 54-44.

Craig Amendment
Senate Amendment 3238, offered by Senator Larry Craig (R-ID) to S. 2260, the FY99 Commerce, Justice, State Appropriations bill, would have required that gun stores have trigger locks in stock and available for sale. The vote on the Craig amendment was immediately prior to a vote on the stronger Boxer/Kohl amendment to require all handguns sold in the United States be sold with a child safety lock. The Craig Amendment was an effort to undercut support for the stronger Boxer/Kohl amendment. On July 21, 1998, the amendment passed 72-28.

JOHN KERRY voted AGAINST the amendment.

Boxer/Kohl Amendment
Senate Amendment 3230, offered by Senators Barbara Boxer (D-CA) and Herb Kohl (D-WI) to S. 2260, the FY99 Commerce, Justice, State Appropriations bill, was the stronger version of the previous Craig amendment. The amendment required that all handguns sold in the United States be sold with a child safety lock. On July 21, 1998, a motion was made to table (defeat) the amendment. The motion to table passed 61-39.

103rd Congress

Brady Bill
On November 20, 1993, the Senate voted on H.R. 1025, known as the Brady Bill, legislation to require a 5-day waiting period on handgun purchases, to allow local officials to conduct a background check. The bill passed the House on November 10 and on November 20, 1993, the bill passed the Senate 63-36.

The bill was signed into law on November 30, 1993 (PL 103-159).

JOHN KERRY voted FOR the Brady Bill.

Assault Weapons Ban
Senate Amendment 1152, offered by Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) to S. 1607, the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1993, to restrict the manufacture, transfer, and possession of certain semiautomatic assault weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices. On November 17, 1993, the amendment passed 56-43.

JOHN KERRY voted FOR the Assault Weapons Ban.

On education:

Supported "No Child Left Behind," but Bush reneged. (Oct 2003)
Voted YES on funding smaller classes instead of private tutors. (May 2001)
Voted YES on funding student testing instead of private tutors. (May 2001)
Voted YES on spending $448B of tax cut on education & debt reduction. (Apr 2001)
Voted YES on national education standards. (Feb 1994)
Offer every parent Charter Schools and public school choice. (Aug 2000)
Three R’s: $35B for Reinvestment,Reinvention,Responsibility. (Jan 2001)

Foreign Affairs:

Voted YES on enlarging NATO to include Eastern Europe. (May 2002)
Voted YES on killing a bill for trade sanctions if China sells weapons. (Sep 2000)
Voted YES on limiting the President's power to impose economic sanctions. (Jul 1998)
Voted YES on $17.9 billion to IMF. (Mar 1998)
Voted YES on ending Vietnam embargo. (Jan 1994)
Progressive Internationalism: globalize with US pre-eminence. (Aug 2000)
Multi-year commitment to Africa for food & medicine. (Apr 2001)
Monitor human rights in Uganada-Sudan crisis. (Aug 2004)

Government Reform:

Every vote must be counted. (Jan 2004)
Flag and patriotism belong to all Americans. (Jun 2003)
Only Senator elected 4 times without a dime of PAC money. (Jun 2003)
Voted YES on banning "soft money" contributions and restricting issue ads. (Mar 2002)
Voted YES on banning campaign donations from unions and corporations. (Apr 2001)
Voted YES on continuing funding for the National Endowment for the Arts. (Aug 1999)
Voted YES on favoring 1997 McCain-Feingold overhaul of campaign finance. (Oct 1997)
Voted YES on Approving the presidential line-item veto. (Mar 1996)

Homeland Security:

Voted YES on adopting the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty. (Oct 1999)
Voted YES on allowing another round of military base closures. (May 1999)
Voted YES on deploying National Missile Defense ASAP. (Mar 1999)
Voted YES on military pay raise of 4.8%. (Feb 1999)
Voted YES on banning chemical weapons. (Apr 1997)
Establish Maritime Security grants for ports and vessels. (Nov 2002)
Federalize aviation security. (Nov 2001)
Small business in developing homeland security technologies. (Jul 2002)
Rated 20% by SANE, indicating a pro-military voting record. (Dec 2003)
School assistance to survivors of injured federal police. (Oct 1996)

These all come from government sites so I would take the info as legit.

Need more?

Tune In Now!
Old 26th October 2004, 23:59   #61
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

All that shows me is that John Kerry voted on a bunch of bills,
none of which have his name on them.
You could make the same kind of post about any Senator.
So what is it exactly about all those votes,
that sets John Kerry apart from the rest, and makes him so special?
papadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2004, 00:52   #62
MegaRock
Forum King

1. S.AMDT.112 to S.960 To express the sense of the Senate that Congress should encourage the revitalization of democracy in the Philippines.
99th Congress

2. S.AMDT.239 to S.1160 To establish a moratorium during the fiscal years 1985 and 1986 on the testing of anti-satellite weapons against objects in space.
99th Congress

3. S.AMDT.396 to H.R.2577 To provide that none of the monies appropriated in this Act can be used to fund directly, or indirectly, activities against the government of Nicaragua which have not been authorized by or pursuant to law, and for other purposes.
99th Congress

4. S.AMDT.746 to H.J.RES.372 To provide for an annual report analyzing the effect of increased and improved tax enforcement and collection on tax compliance and revenue generation.
99th Congress

5. S.AMDT.1396 to H.J.RES.465 To prohibit the use of funds to conduct, in connection with the Strategic Defense Initiative program, development, test, or evaluation involving any explosive device which uses fissionable material.
99th Congress

6. S.CON.RES.99 : A concurrent resolution condemning North Korea's support for terrorist activities.
100th Congress

7. S.AMDT.170 to S.853 To provide for the implementation of a uniform system for handicapped parking designed to enhance the safety of handicapped and nonhandicapped individuals.
100th Congress

8. S.AMDT.614 to S.1420 To provide that between 20 and 50 percent of foreign loans offered by local third world banks will be guaranteed in order to facilitate loans to small and micro businesses.
100th Congress

9. S.AMDT.872 to S.1394 To provide for a penalty for the illegal use of funds for political or propaganda purposes.
100th Congress

10. S.AMDT.932 to S.1394 Urging the President to continue to make every effort to cooperate with the other nations of the United Nations to bring about an end to government-sponsored torture in Iranian prisons and to pressure Iran to permit inspection of Iranian prisons by an international delegation.
100th Congress

11. S.AMDT.938 to S.1394 Relating to the peaceful transition of government in the Republic of Korea.
100th Congress

12. S.AMDT.2775 to H.R.4784 To provide funding for the farmers' market coupon demonstration project.
100th Congress

13. S.AMDT.3697 to H.R.5210 To restrict international laundering of U.S. currency.
100th Congress

14. S.AMDT.943 to S.1711 To establish an Electronic Scanning Task Force for the purposes of making recommendations concerning methods of making certain U.S. currency notes traceable by electronic scanning.
101st Congress

15. S.AMDT.1490 to H.R.1594 To encourage greater sales of U.S. products and to further the integration of production between the United States and the CBI beneficiary countries.
101st Congress

16. S.AMDT.2064 to S.566 To study the feasibility of establishing an enterprise zone development corps and to study the feasibility of providing incentives for companies to invest in areas with high incidence of drug use and drug related crime.
101st Congress

17. S.AMDT.2102 to S.1970 To provide State and local law enforcement assistance.
101st Congress

18. S.AMDT.2933 to S.3037 To add a provision to foreign treatment of United States banks and other institutions and provision relating to fair lending.
101st Congress

19. S.AMDT.3157 to H.R.3977 To strengthen environmental protection of Antarctica.
101st Congress

20. S.RES.144: A resolution to encourage the European Community to vote to ban driftnets for all European Community fishing fleets on July 8 and for other purposes.
102nd Congress

21. S.RES.185: An original resolution to provide for expenses and supplemental authority of the Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs.
102nd Congress

22. S.RES.324: A resolution relating to declassification of Documents, Files, and other materials pertaining to POWs and MIAs.
102nd Congress

23. S.AMDT.2686 to S.2532 Conditioning aid to Azerbaijan on that country's demonstrated steps to end blockades and other offensive actions against Armenia and Nagorno-Karabach.
102nd Congress

24. S.AMDT.2692 to S.2532 To authorize support for educational television programming for both children and adults with emphasis on teaching the fundamentals of a free market economy.
102nd Congress

25. S.RES.183: A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate that the action taken by the Government of France against United States seafood products is a totally unwarranted action that is having severe repercussions on United States seafood producers and, in general, the United States fishing industry.
103rd Congress

26. S.AMDT.1354 to S.1281 Expressing the sense of the Senate that the President should not restrict the exchange of humanitarian activities between the United States and any other country.
103rd Congress

27. S.AMDT.1541 to S.1275 To strengthen the National Flood Insurance Program and to reduce risk to the National Flood Insurance Fund by increasing compliance, providing incentives for community floodplain management, providing for mitigation assistance, and for other purposes.
103rd Congress

28. S.AMDT.2640 to H.R.5030 To retain existing authorities under the 1988 International Narcotics Control Act.
103rd Congress

29. S.AMDT.1153 to S.CON.RES.13 To maintain public funding for Presidential campaigns.
104th Congress

30. S.AMDT.1342 to S.652 To prohibit redlining of any high-cost area or any area on the basis of rural location or the income of the resident of such area.
104th Congress

31. S.AMDT.2662 to H.R.4 To provide demonstration projects for using neighborhood schools as centers for beneficial activities for children and their parents in order to break the welfare cycle.
104th Congress

32. S.AMDT.2664 to H.R.4 To require applicants for assistance who are parents to enter into a Parental Responsiblity Contract and perform satisfactorily under its terms as a condition of receipt of that assistance.
104th Congress

33. S.AMDT.2695 to H.R.1976 To prohibit the use of appropriated funds for providing assistance to the United States Mink Export Development Council or a mink industry trade association.
104th Congress

34. S.AMDT.2745 to H.R.1868 To express the sense of the Senate concerning the provision of spare parts and other military equipment to Peru.
104th Congress

35. S.AMDT.4055 to S.1745 To provide for the Secretary of Defense to make payment to Vietnamese personnel who infiltrated into North Vietnam to perform covert operations as part of OPLAN 34A or its predecessor.
104th Congress

36. S.AMDT.4913 to S.1956 To require the implementation of a corrective action plan in States in which child poverty has increased.
104th Congress

37. S.AMDT.5046 to H.R.3540 To promote the establishment of a permanent multilateral regime to govern the transfer of conventional arms.
104th Congress

38. S.469: A bill to designate a portion of the Sudbury, Assabet, and Concord Rivers as a component of the National Wild and Scenic Rivers System.
105th Congress

39. S.AMDT.279 to Treaty 105-5 To require a compliance report on Armenia and other States Parties in the Caucasus region.
105th Congress

41. S.AMDT.309 to S.CON.RES.27 To empower local communities to provide essential interventions in the lives of our youngest children ages zero to six and their families so children begin school ready to learn.
105th Congress

42. S.AMDT.680 to S.936 To require an intelligence analysis of POW/Mia issues.
105th Congress

43. S.AMDT.1030 to S.1022 To provide funding for the Community Policing to Combat Domestic Violence Program.
105th Congress

44. S.AMDT.2689 to S.1415 To clarify Commmerce Committee intent regarding state strings. (Ensure Funding of Children's Programs)
105th Congress

45. S.AMDT.2944 to S.2057 To provide for payments to certain survivors of captured and interned Vietnamese operatives who were unmarried and childless at death.
105th Congress

46. S.AMDT.1323 to S.1217 Kerry amendment to S. 1217 to increase funding for Small Business Administration Microloan Technical Assistance.
106th Congress

47. S.AMDT.1882 to S.1650 To express the sense of the Senate regarding comprehensive education reform.
106th Congress

48. S.AMDT.2543 to S.791 Kerry amendment to S. 791 to make an amendment with respect to the funding formulas and the selection process. (Women's' Business Center Funding Increase)
106th Congress

49. S.RES.264: A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate that small business participation is vital to the defense of our Nation, and that Federal, State, and local governments should aggressively seek out and purchase innovative technologies and services from American small businesses to help in homeland defense and the fight against terrorism.
107th Congress

50. S.AMDT.828 to S.1050 To authorize the transportation of dependents to the presence of members of the Armed Forces who are retired for illness or injury as a result of active duty.

This is only going back a few years. There is alot more if you need it. Now again, where is all this good stuff Bush did?

1. Bush has been oppsed to stem cell research and only backed off as much as he could to quiet things down. This from Time magazine:

"Mr Bush said finance would be restricted to existing stem cell lines from embryos that had already been destroyed.

The BBC's Paul Reynolds in Washington says the move is a break from the total opposition Mr Bush expressed during the election campaign, but is the most restricted one he could probably have taken given his pro-life position."

"Afghanistan recently held the country's first ever democratic elections. The first vote cast in that country was cast by a woman. Under the taliban, women were publicly beaten for being so bold as to leave their homes or show a little ankle."

The only reason those elections happened is because we are still a very large military presence there. Had the war there been 'won' then the military would have been gone and the elections happened on their own. The Taliban are still there - it's not like they all packed up and went away - and there are still continued skirmishes going on there. Talk about Afghanistan when our military has left and it stays together.

"Saddam is no longer funding terrorism in palestine, he is no longer torturing and executing Iraqi citizens."

No, now the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is - one of Bush's best friends in the middle east. Since the 9/11 terrorists as well as those who committed the acts on the USS Cole all came from Saudi Arabia why haven't we invaded there? It's the war on terror we are fighting and they have been proven to be funding terrorism - but we're doing nothing?

Tune In Now!
Old 27th October 2004, 03:07   #63
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

So what exactly are John Kerry's plans for Afghanistan and Iraq?
And what will John Kerry do about Saudi Arabia?

Last edited by papadoc; 27th October 2004 at 03:23.
Old 27th October 2004, 06:29   #64
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

Well regarding Saudi Arabia, he might do more as he is not in the pockets of the Bin Laden family
....besides the Saudis are to have their first election soon (women excluded though), first election ever apart from some minor municipal elections in the 60ties..
So it looks like some progress allready on that front. from the looks of it, it's my favourite in the Bush administration, Powell, masterminding this....

As for his plans on "winning the peace" i can only agree that i would be nice if he would be specific instead of all that empty retoric...
ertmann|CPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2004, 12:23   #65
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by papadoc
So what exactly are John Kerry's plans for Afghanistan and Iraq?
And what will John Kerry do about Saudi Arabia?
What're George Bush's plans for them?

I ask only because thus-far they've seemed fairly devoid of any consistent plan.

Old 28th October 2004, 00:14   #66
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

zootm, I don't want you to think I'm avoiding your question.
So...I believe everybody knows what Bush's plans are.
That's why this country is so divided.
We can see the results of his plans, right or wrong, good or bad, everyday.
And one of the biggest complaints from the left,
is his consistency in those plans.
They can't stand the fact that he won't deviate from them.
Old 28th October 2004, 11:52   #67
zootm
Forum King

His plan was to invade and depose Saddam. The theory behind this is that the average Iraqi will just "fall into line" after this. Unfortunately, as most advisors predicted, this has not been the case, and Iraq has been knocked into a state of near-civil war. So the plan didn't work, and has had to be changed, hopefully this time to something that has a snowball's chance in hell of actually working.

Kerry's stance on Iraq is documented on his website in as much detail as any publically-disseminated Bush plan - the only argument you give which promotes Bush's approach is "We can see the results of his plans, right or wrong, good or bad, everyday." You don't expect people to vote for Bush's approach simply because he's in the position of being president already, surely?

Old 28th October 2004, 18:21   #68
shakey_snake
Forum Domo

Quote:
average Iraqi will just "fall into line" after this. Unfortunately, as most advisors predicted, this has not been the case
the average Iraq has fallen into line. only like 3-5% are still fighting US forces, and they have been mostly focused in Fallujah.

The main problem is that this sliver of percentage has been exaggerated by the Media, like has happened in all modern Wars.

Old 28th October 2004, 20:14   #69
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

errrr.....

just a friendly piece of advice, maybe you should start to get your news from European sources aswell

Cause that's defianantly we're getting, Just a quick look at todays reports from the BBC News site:

--------------------------------------------

Militants 'kill 11 Iraqi guards' in Hilla (south of Baghdad)

Iraq militants seize Polish woman in Baghdad

A senior Iraqi diplomat was shot dead while returning to his home in Baghdad, according to the Iraqi foreign ministry

A reporter working for independent Iraqi TV channel, Al-Sharqiya, was shot dead with her translator while driving in Baghdad, reports said

Ukrainian soldiers stationed in Iraq came under mortar fire at a checkpoint in the centre of the country.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/3962801.stm
Old 28th October 2004, 20:32   #70
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

That's the same news we're getting. What's your point?

Shakey is correct in saying that these acts are being done by a small minority of Iraqis. Many terrorists have been 'imported' from other countries too. Maybe that's not being reported in European news?

Idiot's Advocate
Old 29th October 2004, 02:53   #71
Mattress
Forum King

actually probably half of the insurgents are foreign fighters, Iranians, Jordanians, Syrians, Saudi's etc..
Old 29th October 2004, 07:19   #72
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

Quote:
That's the same news we're getting. What's your point?

Quote:
and they have been mostly focused in Fallujah.

Most reports we get is from Baghdad, that was more or less my point...

Quote:
Shakey is correct in saying that these acts are being done by a small minority of Iraqis. Many terrorists have been 'imported' from other countries too. Maybe that's not being reported in European news?
don't hear much about that actually...

biggest thing about Iraq in the past week in Danish media have been Danish and British troops being angry about some reorganization of the troops to facilitate a major assault on faluja by the americans....

The fear is, getting Danish and Brittish troops into zones previously held by the americans - will have Iraqis mistaking our troops for americans ones- which we very much don't want!
Old 29th October 2004, 07:46   #73
shakey_snake
Forum Domo

Quote:
Most reports we get is from Baghdad, that was more or less my point...
Falujah at this point is kind of like (but much more than) the Basques in Spain. A heavy concetration of disidents are in that area, even if they are targeting Bagdad.

Old 29th October 2004, 11:17   #74
gaekwad2
Foorum King

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story...html?gusrc=rss
Quote:
About 100,000 Iraqi civilians - half of them women and children - have died in Iraq since the invasion, mostly as a result of airstrikes by coalition forces, according to the first reliable study of the death toll from Iraqi and US public health experts.
'Failure' is much too kind a word.
How about deliberate mass-murder?
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2004, 13:55   #75
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

You keep quoting and agreeing with the Guardian.
Just curious, did you agree with them earlier this week,
when they called for the assassination of George Bush?
Old 29th October 2004, 14:04   #76
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Erm, 'assassination'?
Old 29th October 2004, 14:08   #77
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

Yep,
Here's the quote from the article they published:

""On November 2, the entire civilised world will be praying,
praying Bush loses. And Sod's law dictates he'll probably win,
thereby disproving the existence of God once and for all.
The world will endure four more years of idiocy, arrogance,
and unwanted bloodshed, with no benevolent deity to
watch over and save us. John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald,
John Hinckley Jr. -- where are you now that we need you?"
Old 29th October 2004, 14:24   #78
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Seems they forgot the [humour] tags.
Old 29th October 2004, 14:30   #79
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

Yes, that's what they're saying now, trying to cover their ass.
But I'm still curious if you agree with it?
Old 29th October 2004, 14:38   #80
gaekwad2
Foorum King

It's a bit over the top (only a bit though).

I agree with the writer's frustration about the rest of the world being held hostage by a nation of religious morons.

Of course killing Bush wouldn't achieve anything.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News