Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News

Old 7th August 2004, 12:12   #1
grumpyBB

Send a message via AIM to grumpyBB
What do you democrats have to say about Kerry being a war-criminal?

Just curious how you defend a guy that testified under oath before congress that he comitted war crimes. More and more little tidbits keep coming out everyday showing a little more of this liars past. He and the Democrats are doing everything in their power right now to discredit the swift boat vets speaking out against him yet they're being hypocritical since they whine and bitch anytime somebody questions how he got his medals.

I also find it funny that he's campaigning as a war hero when the Democrats depsise war and think the Vietnam war was completely unnecessary. They've kinda got themselves a conundrum by being a party that doesn't like war for any reason, yet are now supporting a war hero since it supports their needs.
grumpyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2004, 15:10   #2
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
I wonder what Kerry did in his 19 years as part of the Sentate Intelligence...HMMM?

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2004, 15:15   #3
zootm
Forum King

Re: What do you democrats have to say about Kerry being a war-criminal?

Quote:
Originally posted by grumpyBB
the Democrats depsise war
Not true.

Quote:
think the Vietnam war was completely unnecessary.
It was.

Quote:
They've kinda got themselves a conundrum by being a party that doesn't like war for any reason, yet are now supporting a war hero since it supports their needs.
Not really. They're less hawkish than the Republicans, but that really doesn't stand for sweet fuck all in the current political climate.

Not saying I support Kerry. He's nearly as bad a choice for president as Bush. The US is fucked since both major parties' presidential candidates are thoroughly unsuited for the job.

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2004, 15:22   #4
watadoo
JEDI MASTER

They've kinda got themselves a conundrum by being a party that doesn't like war for any reason, yet are now supporting a war hero since it supports their needs.<<

That's a good point. I'm an anti-war type. At least this fabricated from whole cloth/lied to teh american pubic war that Bush Cheney foisted on our country.

I say anti-war, but I supported going into Afghanistan after 9/11. That was the right thing to do.

I wish Kerry would stop campaigning as mr. War Hero cause, yeah, it's kind of antithetical to the stance he took in the early sevnties after he got back from the Nam.

The swift boat vets are repub. flacks who were part of Nixon's attack John kerry's anti-war stance back in 1971. Yep, they were on the payroll 33 years ago and haven't seemed to find anything else to do with their lives.

But you're right. In painting himself as a hero he's opening himself up to these attacks and h'd be best served by confronting them in a straightfoward manner. Odd silence, however on W's going AWOL a month after the mandatory drug testing for reserve pilots mandate came down. Funny how the FAUX news commentators/blowviaters ignore that story. Better to rant on and on about the exact nature of Kerry's wounds when he got his purple hearts. I wish we had a media free from all bias, both left and right. But that's too much to hope for I suppose.

"Which is worse, ignorance or indifference?"

"I don't know, and I don't care."
watadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2004, 16:07   #5
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
How can Kerry really claim himself as a war hero with all the atrocities he's done while in Vietnam? Setting non-combatent's houses on fire and other no-reason free fires, killing village farm animals with no necessity, shooting the wounded, fleeing Viet Cong in the back for fear he would turn around and attack him? You can find in archived interviews with Kerry in the past where he admits to the free fires, farm animals, and the Viet Cong, although he says that he didn't know that they violated the Geneva Convention...

OHHH! Another Kerry twist? If you're a swift boat liutenant, how could you not know the "war rules"? That's just scary if you're the leader of your command and you're misinformed of what you are and aren't able to do in a war combat zone, unless of course he's lieing about that too...And then there's the wounded Viet Cong and his Silver Star badge and the smaller-than-minor self-inflicted injuries for his Purple Hears...

What gets me the most about all this hubbub about the Vietnam war was that it was something that these people alsolutly hated and despised, ignorble, criminal, unjust, and all of a sudden they're turning the war completly around and saying it was so relevant and important that they can pluck a so-called "hero" from this war and his service in this war, thus is qualifying him to be president...Nevermind about how Kerry protested against the Vietnam war back then, didn't want anything to do with that war; That was 30 years ago! This is now, and he's a war hero now!

Quote:
Originally posted by watadoo
The swift boat vets are repub. flacks who were part of Nixon's attack John kerry's anti-war stance back in 1971. Yep, they were on the payroll 33 years ago and haven't seemed to find anything else to do with their lives.
Interesting enough, I read somewhere that the majority of the people that feature themselves in the Swift Boat Vets for Truth ads are Democrats, with a few that are Independents...Policial wings aside, all they're doing is coming out and saying "I was around John Kerry in the war, and he's blowing his war actions out of proportion and lieing about them"...

Funny, though, how the Kerry team put out a 33-page responce to a one-minute ad where they want the ad to cease airtime on the media...What? All they're saying is that you've been wrong about what you did in the Vietnam war...Kerry kind of brought this on himself by going around prancing about his role in the Vietnam war...When you're running for president and you talk about things like this, there are bound to people to come out and refute against your claims...So what? Maybe if you talked about your 19 years in the Senate, people might forget and let it drop? Nah...Not talking about Vietnam is so un-Kerry-like...

These type of ads are just part of politics, and it's almost natural...If you can back up what you say without people rebutting, that's fine, but instead of saying "Hey, I'm right, and here's why", you have to hire lawyers and sue these people...Whiner...

4 MONTHS FIGHTING IN A WAR ALONE DOES NOT MAKE YOU A PRESIDENT

Now...Where's your Senate claims, Mr. Kerry?

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 7th August 2004, 17:06   #6
zootm
Forum King

On the other hand, look at Bush.

Everyone's attacking Kerry's war record, since he seems to be over-relying on it. Not that I'm saying he's suitable as a choice of president (he's not, but neither is Bush), but this is a stupid reason to use to justify that.

How long before you start choosing your President by phone-in TV vote, then?

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2004, 20:01   #7
grumpyBB

The other thing that's kinda funny is that Kerry is saying he was in Cambodia in 1968 under orders from Nixon yet ALL of his commanding officers or other vets that were with him say they were in Cambodia. One other problem, Nixon wasn't even president in 1968. Sounds like another big Kerry lie to me.
Old 7th August 2004, 21:28   #8
mikm
Major Dude

Quote:
The other thing that's kinda funny is that Kerry is saying he was in Cambodia in 1968 under orders from Nixon yet ALL of his commanding officers or other vets that were with him say they were in Cambodia. One other problem, Nixon wasn't even president in 1968. Sounds like another big Kerry lie to me.
If ALL of his commanding officers and other vets confirm he was in Cambodia, what is the problem?

Also, Henry Kissinger, who was Secretary of State under Richard Nixon, sent troops and bombers into Cambodia and Laos during the Vietnam War. Kerry got the year wrong. Big deal.

If you really want to look at past records of Bush and Kerry, keep in mind that there is evidence that Bush deserted from the Air National Gaurd, was convicted of driving drunk in Maine.

powered by C₂H₅OH
mikm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2004, 21:30   #9
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

Theres an election in the US? Who knew.
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2004, 03:02   #10
mikeflca
Major Dude

The story about the "fleeing, wounded" viet cong person he shot that i heard was that he was only "fleeing" because he didn't hve enough time to blow up Kerry's swift boat with his RPG and that if Kerry hadn't followed him, the guy probably would have blown up their swift.

However, I don't think being in a war in any way means that a person is suitable to be President. I care about the issues.

I don't think Kerry nor Bush have clean hands, both of them have probably done nasty stuff. Kerry in Vietnam, Bush in Iraq(abu gharib) and Guantanamo bay............

I want bush out and kerry in for reasons other than their war records, its that simple really.

mikeflca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2004, 03:04   #11
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by mikm
keep in mind that there is evidence that Bush deserted from the Air National Gaurd, was convicted of driving drunk in Maine.
I didn't see Bush be a cry-baby, sending off lawyers to sue people when this was dug up...

Old 8th August 2004, 04:26   #12
mikm
Major Dude

Well drunk driving is nowhere near as serious as an offense as war crimes which may or may not have been true.

Plus, the Bush White House released the documents regarding his arrest. Who is Bush going to sue, himself?

mikeflca makes a very good point, though. it would be best to ignore both kerry and bush's war records and focus on their recent actions.

powered by C₂H₅OH
mikm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2004, 07:15   #13
xzxzzx
Forum King

Re: Re: What do you democrats have to say about Kerry being a war-criminal?

Quote:
Originally posted by zootm
The US is fucked since both major parties' presidential candidates are thoroughly unsuited for the job.
Too fucking true.

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
The DMCA. It really is that bad. : Count for your life.
xzxzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2004, 09:37   #14
grumpyBB

Quote:
If ALL of his commanding officers and other vets confirm he was in Cambodia, what is the problem?
Dammit, that was a typo, it should have been weren't. He's the only one out of all those people saying he was in Cambodia, nobody else will back him up on that, not a single person. Let me guess, he swam there by himself under direct orders from a president who wasn't even in office yet, right?

By the way, there is no proof about Bush deserting anything and Bush didn't lie about his drunk driving conviction either. Lame try at trolling.
Old 8th August 2004, 09:48   #15
grumpyBB

Quote:
Well drunk driving is nowhere near as serious as an offense as war crimes which may or may not have been true.

mikeflca makes a very good point, though. it would be best to ignore both kerry and bush's war records and focus on their recent actions.
There's no doubt that Kerry is a war criminal, he testified to that fact under oath, before congress, in 1971 that he'd comitted war crimes. So there is no "may or may not be a war criminal", he's admitted it under oath.

If it's best to ignore Kerry's (and Bush's for that matter) war record then maybe Kerry himself should try focusing on what he's been doing the past 20 years in the senate while being the #1 liberal senator. He's the one campaigning as a war hero and putting all this focus on his service, not Bush. Kerry is the one who's running commercials on tv braging about his service, Bush isn't. Kerry is the one dragging Vietnam Vets on stage with him at his nomination, Bush isn't.

If Kerry and his supporters want to ignore the military service and focus on current events then maybe Kerry himself should be the one to start first. Nobody is forcing him to forget about the past 20 years but he sure doesn't mention a peep about them. I guarantee the reason is because he doesn't want his radical liberal voting record and piss-poor attendance to be the main focus on him.
Old 8th August 2004, 13:00   #16
fwgx
Rudolf the Red.
(Forum King)

"I'll show you politics in America; here it is, right here: I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs! I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking! Hey wait a minute, there's one guy holding up both puppets! Shut up! Go back to bed America, your government is in control.. here's Love Connection; watch this and get fat and stupid! By the way, keep drinking beer, you fucking morons!"
- Bill Hicks

.: fwgx.co.uk.:.My art:.

"We think science is interesting and if you disagree, you can fuck off."
fwgx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2004, 15:41   #17
spiderbaby1958
Major Dude

(doing the "jerk-off" sign)
spiderbaby1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2004, 15:44   #18
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by spiderbaby1958
(doing the "jerk-off" sign)
Ohh, my poor fussy baby...

Seriously...What there any use to that? Can't talk politics so it's reduced to childish performances?

Old 9th August 2004, 01:55   #19
grumpyBB

John Kerry on Meet The Press, April 18, 1971

KERRY: Yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free fire zones. I took part in ******************** missions, in the burning of villages. All of this is contrary to the laws of warfare.
Old 9th August 2004, 02:00   #20
mikeflca
Major Dude

grumpy: I think the "piss poor attendence" you talk about is actually only during when he has been campaigning.

edit: and if you want to bitch about piss poor attendence, look at the amount of time Bush has gone on vacation.

Old 9th August 2004, 03:17   #21
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

The "piss poor attendence" he's talking about is during his 19 years in the Senate...

Old 9th August 2004, 03:19   #22
grumpyBB

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeflca
grumpy: I think the "piss poor attendence" you talk about is actually only during when he has been campaigning.

edit: and if you want to bitch about piss poor attendence, look at the amount of time Bush has gone on vacation.
Actually, Kerry's piss-poor attendance goes back many years. In the past 8 or 9 years alone he's missed over 35 of 48 intelligence briefings. How's that for a guy who says he's serious about fighting terror? So much for that theory of yours.

And as for President Bush going on vacation, what does that have to do with Kerry? Do you actually think that when Bush goes on vacation that he does absolutely nothing? If so, you're stupid. Even when he's on "vacation" he is still in contact and is still receiving his daily intelligence briefings and communicating with the White House. How many vacations do you go on that you're in contact with your work several times a day and are getting daily briefings on what is happening?

One other HUGE difference, when Bush goes on "vacation" there's somebody to take over duties to get the job done. When Kerry doesn't do his job, which he hasn't been doing for years, nobody can fill-in and do his job for him. That menas that when he's out fucking around that he's not doing his job and he's not doing what the taxpayers elected him to do. At least Bob Dole had the decency to still get his job done, and even finally resigned his senate position, when he ran for president.
Old 9th August 2004, 04:22   #23
squakMix
wwwyzzerdd
(Forum King)

Quote:
What do you democrats have to say about Kerry being a war-criminal?
...I say that it means basically nothing because
1: He was fourty years younger. I could stop here, because this point is strong enough to throw out your whole argument against him. FOURTY YEARS YOUNGER. Jesus. I read some of the posts above, and you people are like "You want a person that commited war crimes to be your president!?" (Not quoted from above, but it's basically what's being said). Uh... Yea. He didnt recently do anything wrong... He's grown up. He's an adult.

2: He confessed. I respect that alot. This is not a big deal at all because he didnt try to keep it secret. #1 makes this a very moot point(The point you make against him: that he comitted war crimes); the argument barely stands because he's actually grown up now. I know my conduct will certainly change in thirty years.

Last edited by squakMix; 9th August 2004 at 06:26.
squakMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2004, 05:00   #24
mikeflca
Major Dude

Quote:
Actually, Kerry's piss-poor attendance goes back many years. In the past 8 or 9 years alone he's missed over 35 of 48 intelligence briefings. How's that for a guy who says he's serious about fighting terror? So much for that theory of yours.

And as for President Bush going on vacation, what does that have to do with Kerry? Do you actually think that when Bush goes on vacation that he does absolutely nothing? If so, you're stupid. Even when he's on "vacation" he is still in contact and is still receiving his daily intelligence briefings and communicating with the White House. How many vacations do you go on that you're in contact with your work several times a day and are getting daily briefings on what is happening?

One other HUGE difference, when Bush goes on "vacation" there's somebody to take over duties to get the job done. When Kerry doesn't do his job, which he hasn't been doing for years, nobody can fill-in and do his job for him. That menas that when he's out fucking around that he's not doing his job and he's not doing what the taxpayers elected him to do. At least Bob Dole had the decency to still get his job done, and even finally resigned his senate position, when he ran for president.
about how many he missed, I never heard that. do you have a source (link)?

Bush didn't even have a conference with that counterterrorism czar clarke until about a week before 9/11. Doesn't sound like Bush was too big on terrorism

Now both of them of course are portraying themselves as extreme counter-terrorists. I KNOW for a fact that Bush barely even thought about it before 9/11. At least Kerry was on an intelligence committee, even if he wasn't there often. This is inherantly a retarded discussion because they are both so pro-military, pro-intelligence now anyway.

"And as for President Bush going on vacation, what does that have to do with Kerry? " I was comparing his "piss poor attendance" to Bush vacations. Also I think he does, at best, far less on vacation than when he is in the white house. Maybe if he had stayed in the white house and had met with Clarke earlier during his first year as pres instead of vacationing, 9/11 wouldn't have happened. you never know.

"One other HUGE difference, when Bush goes on "vacation" there's somebody to take over duties to get the job done. When Kerry doesn't do his job, which he hasn't been doing for years, nobody can fill-in and do his job for him. That menas that when he's out fucking around that he's not doing his job and he's not doing what the taxpayers elected him to do. "

When kerry wasn't there, the other people were. That's why it is called a committee, there is more than one person on it. and besides, that's a nice flip flop there; first you talk about how much work bush does when he is on vacation, then you talk about how Kerry does nothing whatsoever when he doesn't go to a committee! he can still get breifings(sp?) and such, if he is on a committee, or come back get info, etc. On another note, so what? what does this have to do with how well Kerry could be president? after all, according to your own words, there would be somebody there to take over for him, right?

also, squakmix had an interesting point. I think there is some quote, about "if we can disagree with others for their opinions right now, we should shoot ourselves for how different we will think in five years." I'm not sure if that's actually how it goes though.

now, I still don't think that crimes can just be forgotten, but when they happened that long ago vs. current abuses by the current administration........it doesn't take a genius to figure out which stands out more, esp. if the current abuses hurt the US even more.

Old 9th August 2004, 12:03   #25
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

So missing votes in the senate don't hurt because they happened in the past? Do you really think he will change his stripes if he becomes president?

Idiot's Advocate
My site (under construction)
CaboWaboAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2004, 15:12   #26
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

Back in the mid 60's to early 70's, all these men valiantly fought in Vietnam,
both Kerry and his vet supporters, and all the vets who are opposing him.
Those vets who are opposing him believe, when Kerry came home,
in his anti-war efforts, he proceeded to dishonor
every man who fought with him, every man who fought and was fighting
in Vietnam at the time, and every man who would fight in Vietnam in the future.
Allot of vets resented the shit out of that (and still do).
So they formed groups to battle Kerry's groups,
and the battle between vets here at home began.

So this fight we're seeing today between Kerry and the Swift Boats Vets
has been going on for 30 years.
It's remained relatively quiet because as long as Kerry was just a Senator,
they figured he was Massachussett's problem,
and as long as he was just a state's problem, he was harmless to everyone else.
When he started running for President though, he became America's problem, to them.
By their own admissions, they counldn't let that go unchallenged.
So by using Vietnam as the centerpice of his campaign,
he's reignited that 30 year old battle.
He's reopened very deep emotional wounds allot of these vets have tried to forget.
After 30 years of peaceful coexistence, he has single handedly
divided the vets in this country again, just like he did back then.

This actually goes allot deeper than a Presidential election.
In the end though, both sides will suffer from this, as will America.
Much more importantly, Vietnam vets will suffer from this again.
Not the ones you see and hear on TV, but the thousands and thousands you don't.

As long as Kerry keeps making his service in Vietnam
the centerpiece of his campaign,
and the far right wing pundits keep beating their war drums about it,
this will never go away.

Last edited by papadoc; 9th August 2004 at 17:11.
papadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2004, 15:29   #27
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

^Well said!

Idiot's Advocate
Old 9th August 2004, 18:12   #28
spiderbaby1958
Major Dude

Re: What do you democrats have to say about Kerry being a war-criminal?

Quote:
Just curious how you defend a guy that testified under oath before congress that he comitted war crimes. More and more little tidbits keep coming out everyday showing a little more of this liars past. He and the Democrats are doing everything in their power right now to discredit the swift boat vets speaking out against him yet they're being hypocritical since they whine and bitch anytime somebody questions how he got his medals.

I also find it funny that he's campaigning as a war hero when the Democrats depsise war and think the Vietnam war was completely unnecessary. They've kinda got themselves a conundrum by being a party that doesn't like war for any reason, yet are now supporting a war hero since it supports their needs.
I'm not entirely sure where you're coming from, but it sure looks like you're thinking about Senator Bob Kerrey of Nebraska , who did in fact admit to participating in what I will loosely refer to as "war crimes" in Vietnam.

Here is a link to an audio file of John Kerry's testimony. I haven't heard it yet, so maybe this will provide a clue.

http://www.democracynow.org/article..../02/20/1535232

This is such rubbish on so many levels. Neither Kerry, nor the Democrats are the caricatures that you've been duped into believing. While voting against several pork-laden defense bills, he has also voted for trillions of dollars of defense spending, you could take the voting record of any responsible member of congress and do the same funny math that the Bushies have used to deceive you. Most Democrats (and I'm going to include myself here, although legally I'm still a Republican until after the election) supported the war in Afghanistan. Not all Democrats consider the Vietnam War a mistake, for that matter... I mean, if you check the 2004 Democratic platform, my guess is that you won't find a Vietnam plank. The last time the Democrats ran a solidly antiwar candidate was 1972, when they ran George Mc Govern.

And what the hell is this supposed to mean?

"He and the Democrats are doing everything in their power right now to discredit the swift boat vets speaking out against him yet they're being hypocritical since they whine and bitch anytime somebody questions how he got his medals."

Huh? I've read this sentence five times, which is five more times than it deserves. This sentence just doesn't make any sense. Surely you meant to say something else.

There... satisfied? (doing the "jerk off" sign)

Last edited by spiderbaby1958; 9th August 2004 at 18:38.
Old 9th August 2004, 20:01   #29
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

Re: Re: What do you democrats have to say about Kerry being a war-criminal?

Quote:
Originally posted by spiderbaby1958
(doing the "jerk off" sign)
What's with this? 4 of your last 6 posts have this in it.

Idiot's Advocate
Old 9th August 2004, 20:07   #30
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

I don't think John Kerry admitted to commiting atrocities during
his speech to Congress back then.
However, he did accuse thousands of others in Vietnam of doing that.
(This is part of what I spoke of earlier, that's caused all this now)
BUT...he later said this during an interview on "Meet The Press" on April 18, 1971:

Quote:
MR. CROSBY NOYES (Washington Evening Star): Mr. Kerry, you said at one time or another that you think our policies in Vietnam are tantamount to genocide and that the responsibility lies at all chains of command over there. Do you consider that you personally as a Naval officer committed atrocities in Vietnam or crimes punishable by law in this country?

KERRY: There are all kinds of atrocities, and I would have to say that, yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free fire zones. I conducted harassment and interdiction fire. I used 50 calibre machine guns, which we were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people. I took part in search and destroy missions, in the burning of villages. All of this is contrary to the laws of warfare, all of this is contrary to the Geneva Conventions and all of this is ordered as a matter of written established policy by the government of the United States from the top down.

Last edited by papadoc; 9th August 2004 at 20:35.
papadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2004, 21:50   #31
spiderbaby1958
Major Dude

Actually, 5 of my last 7, counting this one.

In other words, you guys don't know dick, and you don't want to know dick, and your wilful ignorance is beneath contempt. Americans are still dying in Iraq, more than at almost any other time. The soldiers aren't being properly equipped, yet Bush wants another round of big tax cuts for the rich, and he's already tried to cut veteran's benefits. Oh, and there's so much more. I could go on and on about this, I could document just about everything I say, but I might as well do this:

(doing the jerk off signs)

cause nothing I say will ever get you to think about anything except about how to defend your moronic point of view against any or all evidence.

If you compare who's telling what story about John Kerry, it's not hard to see what's going on here. A hero is being defamed and a coward is being exalted. All the evidence is out there if you care to look for it, but the evidence is irrelevant. It's all beneath contempt.
Old 9th August 2004, 22:55   #32
xzxzzx
Forum King

... Must ... Resist ... Urge ... To ... Flame ...

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
The DMCA. It really is that bad. : Count for your life.
xzxzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2004, 23:58   #33
mikeflca
Major Dude

"Do you really think he will change his stripes if he becomes president?"

if he's president, he doesn't vote in the senate so its not really a matter of changing stripes. The president's power over the senate comes in the veto, not the vote. The only way i could see kerry not changing his stripes so to speak would be if he became president and then went on vacation for a month. and quite frankly, so he missed votes in the senate......so what? I support Kerry for only a couple of reasons really bit they are bug ones nonetheless.

Old 10th August 2004, 03:14   #34
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeflca
"Do you really think he will change his stripes if he becomes president?"

if he's president, he doesn't vote in the senate so its not really a matter of changing stripes. The president's power over the senate comes in the veto, not the vote. The only way i could see kerry not changing his stripes so to speak would be if he became president and then went on vacation for a month. and quite frankly, so he missed votes in the senate......so what? I support Kerry for only a couple of reasons really bit they are bug ones nonetheless.
yeah, it all makes sense now. He couldn't make a patch on a senator's ass. So let's give him a job where He doesn't have to be a senator. That's great logic for ya! LOL

Idiot's Advocate
Old 10th August 2004, 03:17   #35
mikm
Major Dude

OK, so if Kerry is a bad senator, why can't we give him another job.

If you get a job and you don't like it / you're not good at it, it doesn't mean you can't find another (better) job.