Old 13th October 2005, 22:34   #81
ozrock
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Sydney
Posts: 81
Use whatever port you are using. If it is 8000, use it.

This is all you will need. Your IP number, and you say you have it, and the port number and you say you are using 8000.

Put that in the code and make sure your Shoutcast is actually sending out the stream. The Shoutcast panel should also have that same IP number in it.

So whatever the myipnumber.com says, all areas should always have that same IP number.


If you still have problems, I suggest you read the installation help again. It is mostly all there.

Good luck.

Ozstar
ozrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2005, 01:28   #82
bowkid
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally posted by ozrock
Use whatever port you are using. If it is 8000, use it.

This is all you will need. Your IP number, and you say you have it, and the port number and you say you are using 8000.

Put that in the code and make sure your Shoutcast is actually sending out the stream. The Shoutcast panel should also have that same IP number in it.

So whatever the myipnumber.com says, all areas should always have that same IP number.


If you still have problems, I suggest you read the installation help again. It is mostly all there.

Good luck.

Ozstar
yes but your still not answering my questions you say to use the port i'v been using well i'v got ports for my computer itself i'v got ports for my shoutcast server which one should i use and also what about that listen.pls file that i dont have i need to know this stuff asap and im sorry for being so impationt but i need this up and running as i'v been trying to get it up and running for a week already
bowkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2005, 23:16   #83
bowkid
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 17
so could u please help me
bowkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2005, 22:29   #84
pandacookie
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 2
Send a message via ICQ to pandacookie Send a message via AIM to pandacookie
Quote:
Originally posted by bowkid
yes but your still not answering my questions you say to use the port i'v been using well i'v got ports for my computer itself i'v got ports for my shoutcast server which one should i use and also what about that listen.pls file that i dont have i need to know this stuff asap and im sorry for being so impationt but i need this up and running as i'v been trying to get it up and running for a week already
The port you use would be the port your Shoutcast server uses. If you connect with port 8000, then use port 8000. If not, then use whatever port your server uses to connect to Shoutcast.

As far as getting your listen.pls file, type http://your IP numberort used for Shoutcast/index.html (example: http://68.878.426.189:9000/index.html - that is just an example) in your browser. You should find a link that says "listen" or something like that on the top of the page. You can find your listen.pls file there; at least that's how I found mine.
pandacookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2006, 20:02   #85
EpiphoneG400
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally posted by spaceplay
www.casterclub.com

is where i got my embeded players but the site seems to be offline at the moment

thats what i use.
EpiphoneG400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2006, 21:45   #86
hackerdork
Forum King
 
hackerdork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Circa sometime.
Posts: 3,297
sheez!! no one reads a damn thing anymore

winamp uses listen.pls or listen.m3u

Real media player, windows media player, including EMBEDDING insite your HTML does not.

You reference it with iport not iport/listen.pls

Its has worked more me and others, and there are hundreds if not thousands of sites that can get it to work.

If you place your RAM, ASX, PLS or other files on a web server that web server needs MIME types defined to support streaming media using that file extention. If you embedded it inside html, you dont need mine types as the embedded onject command launches the actual applicaiton on the listeners computer. If they dont have it installed, they get a box full of nothing.

look at example of the embedded players at www.streamsolutions.co.uk under EMBEDDED, and SCRIPTS where you can edit the asx, ram and other file types to match your system requirements.

If you need listen.pls to edit later well is on the HTML side of the shoutcast DNAs you are running. open any browser and port to http://port:IP , no WWW in the url, if your shoutcast server is running and has a source stream running as well you can click on listen, or right click and choose save-as

GOOGLE is a good resource as well for pls, asx, ram, embedded etc.

read and learn.. learn to read

~ D

~ According to the ship's log we're down to our last 3000 vomit bags.It'll never be enough.
search the forums! don't PM me on how-to, or ask me to setup you system. you do it so you learn.
hackerdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2006, 06:30   #87
franco7777
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Managua, Nicaragua
Posts: 40
m3u

Hackerdork:
In reference to this:

"winamp uses listen.pls or listen.m3u
Real media player, windows media player, including EMBEDDING insite your HTML does not."

I think there is a way you can do it.
Settings: (Ips are not real)
1.- Have one web site : www.mysite.com
(Windows OP, Apache, Php and Mysql)
Ip: 123.456.789.012
This site has SHOUTcast server, Winamp(Latest) and its Plugin.
2.- Have a second computer : No website!
(Windows OP, Apache, Php, Mysql)
Ip: 012.345.678.901
This Fixed and Public Ip has SHOUTcast server, Winamp(Latest) and its Plugin.

At my computer #2, I started streaming.
At my computer #1, I connected via Explorer http://123.456.789.012:8000/listen.pls (Website is here)
it opened up Winamp and was listening to very nice music.
Stopped, reloaded using the play URL with Winamp then I clicked on the Options list button at the bottom right of Winamp, then I clicked on the save button, selected .m3u and gave it a name (franco);
so the file produced had the following characteristics:
Name : franco.m3u (playlist file)
Code Inside:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,alan (Franco´s Radio Server)
http://012.345.678.901:8000/
At my computer #1, which produced the .m3u file, I set up a site named streaming.
Inside the site I copied and pasted the franco.m3u file and
With the help Of Dreamweaver, I set up an index.html page with the code for embedding the windows media player (Audio), after putting some welcome words and a couple of exit links, I included the following code:
<param name="SRC" value="http://123.456.789.012/streaming/franco.m3u">
Lets Recap:
Computer #2 is streaming audio.
(Note I am not sure if this second computer could have a LAN Ip 192.168.xxx.xxx and still work. Why not?)
Computer #1 has the web site that can be reached with the explorer: http://www.mysite.com/streaming/ OR http://123.456.789.012/streaming/
A web page will appear with the Windows Media Player Embedded and once you click on it, IT STARTS STREAMING NICE AND COOL AUDIO.
So you technically have a website with an embbeded Windows media player and a .m3u file streaming Radio waves. And have two computers working on it. Since many people have websites on one computer and mail on another, you can take advantage af the mail computer to do the Job.
Regards
Franco7777
Stationed in Far away NICARAGUA in Central America.
franco7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2006, 22:58   #88
batistabombv3
Junior Member
 
batistabombv3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Windsor,On,Canada
Posts: 36
Working wmp html code

hey i got a working wmp that u can use
<OBJECT ID=MediaPlayer
CLASSID=CLSID:6BF52A52-394A-11D3-B153-00C04F79FAA6
standby=Loading
TYPE=application/x-oleobject width=190 height=45>
<PARAM NAME=url VALUE=http://ip address hereort base here>
<PARAM NAME=AutoStart VALUE=true>
<PARAM NAME=ShowControls VALUE=1>
<PARAM NAME=uiMode VALUE=mini>
</OBJECT>
batistabombv3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2006, 23:56   #89
fc*uk
Moderator
 
fc*uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Atlantic Beach
Posts: 8,127
yep.... coming late in the game. Not going to even try to catch up here .... but if anyone read the stickys this would have been found:

Your default listen link is compatible in Winamp and Itunes, your link is http://youriphere:8000/listen.pls (to get your ip go to www.whatismyip.com).
If you want to make a link for Windows Media Player, make sure your webhost has mime enabled, if you want more information you can click Here. Then, copy and paste this into notepad:

<asx version="3.0">
<entry>
<ref href="http://IP HERE:8000" />
<title>GIVE THE STREAM A TITLE</title>
<author>NAME YOUR STATION HERE</author>
<copyright>SOMETHING TO DISPLAY HERE</copyright>
</entry>
</asx>

Make the appropriate changes then save it as giveatitlehere.asx.
Now you can upload to a web host or send to a friend to open to listen.

For Real player, you can simply paste http://youriphere:8000 in notepad and then save it as giveatitlehere.ram.
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2006, 21:58   #90
franco7777
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Managua, Nicaragua
Posts: 40
.asx, .pls, .m3u, ETC

Dear all:
I have Winamp 5.24 installed on my computer.
I also have Windows Media Player (Ver 10) installed on my computer.
When I go to www.wmph.org/OnDemand/
they have the top 30 songs at Wilmington, Dealware.
They also have two Icons: One for Winamp and the other for Windows Media Player.
If I click on any of those icons, my Winamp opens up, when I copied the playlist file to see what it has, I can see a playlist file named: dynamic.asx.......
I copied and transfer the tiny file to my web and when you click on it, the link stands and works fine.
However, If I go to my Windows Media Player, tools, options, files you can see which files are selected so that when you click on an icon X that has a predetermined file to work with WMP, then it will open WMP and NOT Winamp or any other.
The important thing here is not the file .asx, .pls, .m3u, etc, but how the program (Player Program) sends instructions to the Operating system on how to respond to such and such type of file.
Then we could say, why .pls files ONLY open with Winamp, simple, because Windows media Player does not have it as a predetermined playlist file and the WMP program does not provide for any .pls file.
You can find more info. at how to make WMP your predetermied player at Microsoft.com.
I have heard that some people have .asx playlist files that work with Windows Media Player but not always; this last words (Not Always) has to do with the configuration of WMP and Winamp and how they (The programs) interact with the Operating System. So it appears that the main issue here is NOT the file xyz but the interaction between the Player Program and the Operating system.
Any Comments on this?
Regards to All
Franco
P.S: for those who have Windows XP, if put your mouse icon on top of a Winamp file and click with the right button and then go to properties, you could convert your Winamp file into a Windows Media Player file, of course the icon changes. And then comes the question: What does that do?, simple, if it is a Winamp file and you convert to WMP and put it on a web page at your computer and click on it, WMP will open up and Not Winamp; viceversa applies.
franco7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2006, 20:34   #91
NAS.Radio
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 13
What about getting it into a flash player? XML maybe?
NAS.Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2006, 22:48   #92
franco7777
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Managua, Nicaragua
Posts: 40
Playlist files

NAS.Radio:
Firstable I am no expert on this matters, however, I have experienced facts like when you install Winamp for the first time and you have a song mp3, wma, or videos avi wmv I noticed that Winamp opens up and NOT WMP.
I was streaming audio via my computer and went to two nearby cybercafes to test and at one of them I could listen to my Radio very easily, at the other one I could not. I was doing this from an index.html page from my website which showed an embedded Windows Media Player with a playlist file of the .m3u type that pointed to the Radio.
When trying to find answers, I found out that one of them had Winamp and the other did not. I thought that Winamp opened the Radio Waves and let it go through the embedded Windows Media player.
Every player program has a code different from each other and of course the code interacts with the Operating System in different ways.
In Summary, I can say to you that the Windows Media Player designers can make their player open mp3 files and not let any other player open it; but if they do that they should be ready for hundreds of lawsuits from other media player owners. We could also ask ourself, is it in the best interest of Internet supporters to do that? or is it in the best interest of Microsoft to do that (Supposing that they can get away with it).
Finally, it is obvious that there is a fierce competition among Media Player Owners.
franco7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2006, 00:39   #93
NAS.Radio
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 13
Re: Playlist files

Quote:
Originally posted by franco7777
NAS.Radio:
Firstable I am no expert on this matters, however, I have experienced facts like when you install Winamp for the first time and you have a song mp3, wma, or videos avi wmv I noticed that Winamp opens up and NOT WMP.
I was streaming audio via my computer and went to two nearby cybercafes to test and at one of them I could listen to my Radio very easily, at the other one I could not. I was doing this from an index.html page from my website which showed an embedded Windows Media Player with a playlist file of the .m3u type that pointed to the Radio.
When trying to find answers, I found out that one of them had Winamp and the other did not. I thought that Winamp opened the Radio Waves and let it go through the embedded Windows Media player.
Every player program has a code different from each other and of course the code interacts with the Operating System in different ways.
In Summary, I can say to you that the Windows Media Player designers can make their player open mp3 files and not let any other player open it; but if they do that they should be ready for hundreds of lawsuits from other media player owners. We could also ask ourself, is it in the best interest of Internet supporters to do that? or is it in the best interest of Microsoft to do that (Supposing that they can get away with it).
Finally, it is obvious that there is a fierce competition among Media Player Owners.
I was more thinking of making a custom player with Macromedia Flash. You can find many examples of XML powered Music Players, where flash loads the external file and plays it. I was wondering if its posible with this. I personaly dont know how to load XML files with flash tho, but if any one knows what i mean, please make me a tutorial. I perfer Flash players over any plugin. Flash loads better, and rarely buffers. Sites like youTube use Flash for there video players.
NAS.Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2006, 00:43   #94
fc*uk
Moderator
 
fc*uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Atlantic Beach
Posts: 8,127
Re: Re: Playlist files

Quote:
Originally posted by NAS.Radio
I personaly dont know how to load XML files with flash tho, but if any one knows what i mean, please make me a tutorial.
Here's your spoon:
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2006, 00:43   #95
NAS.Radio
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 13
Re: Re: Re: Playlist files

Quote:
Originally posted by fc*uk
Here's your spoon: [Image]
What was the point of that?
NAS.Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2006, 00:47   #96
fc*uk
Moderator
 
fc*uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Atlantic Beach
Posts: 8,127
ok. SHOUTcast forums should not be used to provide people with XML support. We are here for helping people setup shoutcast. (ie this is a little outside of the box).

However, since you asked, and I admit that my reply was both rude and uncalled for....

Place the file with the extension ".swf" (which is either "xspf_player.swf" or "xspf_player_slim.swf") on your web server.

This file which is essentially the media player, and will require a playlist to function.
How to create a Playlist

The player uses a xspf playlist. The basic structure of the .xspf file is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<playlist version="0" xmlns = "http://xspf.org/ns/0/">
<trackList>
<track>
<location>http://www.name.com/folder/song.mp3</location>
<image>http://www.name.com/folder/picture.jpg</image>
<annotation>Text to be displayed</annotation>
</track>
<track>
<location>http://www.name.com/folder/song2.mp3</location>
<image>http://www.name.com/folder/picture2.jpg</image>
<annotation>Text to be displayed</annotation>
</track>
</trackList>
</playlist>

This file is saved with a ".xspf" extension. More information on XSPF Playlist Format is available at http://www.xspf.org
How to embed the player into a web page

Place the following code into your HTML file where you want your player to be located:

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"
codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0"
width="400" height="168" >
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain"/>
<param name="movie" value="http://www.name.com/folder/xspf_player.swf"/>
<param name="quality" value="high"/>
<param name="bgcolor" value="#E6E6E6"/>
<embed src="http://www.name.com/folder/xspf_player.swf?playlist_url=playlist.xspf"
quality="high" bgcolor="#E6E6E6" name="xspf_player" allowscriptaccess="sameDomain"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"
align="center" height="168" width="400"> </embed>
</object>

Note that - value="http://www.name.com/folder/xspf_player.swf" is the location of your player file.

Also, what you should be aware of here -
embed src="http://www.name.com/folder/xspf_player.swf?playlist_url=playlist.xspf" is the location of the ".xspf" playlist file.
Pay special attention to "playlist_url=playlist.xspf" part of this string, this is the explicit location of your playlist, and it could have been http://www.name.com/folder/playlist.xspf instead of playlist.xspf
How to add the player as a Sidebar in a Firefox web-browser

First the user will need to have the Firefox browser to use this feature. [download Firefox]
The code is written in JavaScript and should be placed within the <head> </head> tags of your web-page.
It should also be placed within HTML Comments tags ie. <!-- -->

<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
function addMozillaPanel(url)
{
if ((typeof window.sidebar == "object") && (typeof window.sidebar.addPanel == "function"))
{
window.sidebar.addPanel ("Hideout Music Player ",url,"");
}
else
{
var rv = window.confirm ("Music Player Sidebar requires a compatible browser. Do you want to upgrade?");
if (rv)
document.location.href = "http://www.getfirefox.com";
}
}
-->
</script>

Once you have included the above code in your page, you can call the function from anywhere in the body of that web-page.
Below is the code used to call the function:
<a href="javascript:addMozillaPanel('http://www.name.com/xspf_player.swf?repeat_playlist=true')">Your Text here</a>
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2006, 00:58   #97
NAS.Radio
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally posted by fc*uk
ok. SHOUTcast forums should not be used to provide people with XML support. We are here for helping people setup shoutcast. (ie this is a little outside of the box).

However, since you asked, and I admit that my reply was both rude and uncalled for....

Place the file with the extension ".swf" (which is either "xspf_player.swf" or "xspf_player_slim.swf") on your web server.

This file which is essentially the media player, and will require a playlist to function.
How to create a Playlist

The player uses a xspf playlist. The basic structure of the .xspf file is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<playlist version="0" xmlns = "http://xspf.org/ns/0/">
<trackList>
<track>
<location>http://www.name.com/folder/song.mp3</location>
<image>http://www.name.com/folder/picture.jpg</image>
<annotation>Text to be displayed</annotation>
</track>
<track>
<location>http://www.name.com/folder/song2.mp3</location>
<image>http://www.name.com/folder/picture2.jpg</image>
<annotation>Text to be displayed</annotation>
</track>
</trackList>
</playlist>

This file is saved with a ".xspf" extension. More information on XSPF Playlist Format is available at http://www.xspf.org
How to embed the player into a web page

Place the following code into your HTML file where you want your player to be located:

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"
codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0"
width="400" height="168" >
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain"/>
<param name="movie" value="http://www.name.com/folder/xspf_player.swf"/>
<param name="quality" value="high"/>
<param name="bgcolor" value="#E6E6E6"/>
<embed src="http://www.name.com/folder/xspf_player.swf?playlist_url=playlist.xspf"
quality="high" bgcolor="#E6E6E6" name="xspf_player" allowscriptaccess="sameDomain"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"
align="center" height="168" width="400"> </embed>
</object>

Note that - value="http://www.name.com/folder/xspf_player.swf" is the location of your player file.

Also, what you should be aware of here -
embed src="http://www.name.com/folder/xspf_player.swf?playlist_url=playlist.xspf" is the location of the ".xspf" playlist file.
Pay special attention to "playlist_url=playlist.xspf" part of this string, this is the explicit location of your playlist, and it could have been http://www.name.com/folder/playlist.xspf instead of playlist.xspf
How to add the player as a Sidebar in a Firefox web-browser

First the user will need to have the Firefox browser to use this feature. [download Firefox]
The code is written in JavaScript and should be placed within the <head> </head> tags of your web-page.
It should also be placed within HTML Comments tags ie. <!-- -->

<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
function addMozillaPanel(url)
{
if ((typeof window.sidebar == "object") && (typeof window.sidebar.addPanel == "function"))
{
window.sidebar.addPanel ("Hideout Music Player ",url,"");
}
else
{
var rv = window.confirm ("Music Player Sidebar requires a compatible browser. Do you want to upgrade?");
if (rv)
document.location.href = "http://www.getfirefox.com";
}
}
-->
</script>

Once you have included the above code in your page, you can call the function from anywhere in the body of that web-page.
Below is the code used to call the function:
<a href="javascript:addMozillaPanel('http://www.name.com/xspf_player.swf?repeat_playlist=true')">Your Text here</a>
The XML example you showd only has 2 songs. Im trying to get it to load my Shoutcast radio station. Should i maybe just make a playlist of one song and but myip:8000/listen.pls in the place of the mp3 file? could that work?

i also dont know how to load the XML file into flash... you know so i can make the play buttons and such.
NAS.Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2006, 01:05   #98
fc*uk
Moderator
 
fc*uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Atlantic Beach
Posts: 8,127
This is a blind guess here, but I would geuss that you are missing this
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2006, 01:09   #99
NAS.Radio
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally posted by fc*uk
This is a blind guess here, but I would geuss that you are missing this
You geuss correct. Lemme check this out, and if I have proublems Ill PM you.
NAS.Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2006, 02:15   #100
fc*uk
Moderator
 
fc*uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Atlantic Beach
Posts: 8,127
yippie!!!!

I sent you a PM.... dunno if it is what you are looking for.

Like I said, I see no reason why it would not work, but I have never personally tried it....
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2006, 16:52   #101
franco7777
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Managua, Nicaragua
Posts: 40
Link

Fc*UK:
Thanks for the link, I am using it and works perfect.
Any recommendation as to what encoder to use for SHOUTcast server? Have tried the programs that come with NSVtools and simply put, do NOT work.
Regards
Franco
franco7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2006, 17:14   #102
fc*uk
Moderator
 
fc*uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Atlantic Beach
Posts: 8,127
encoder for audio or for video?

For audio I would go with aac+ as you get the most bang for your buck (64k aac+ = 128k mp3).

If you are talking about video .... then I do not have an answer for you because I know absolutely nothing about nsv.
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2006, 19:02   #103
franco7777
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Managua, Nicaragua
Posts: 40
Spoon

Fc*UK:
Thanks for your answer. Interested in Video Encoders.
Liked your SPOON, I even right click on it and have a copy, If you do not mind.
Let me know if you have a copyright restriction on it!
Regards
franco
franco7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2006, 19:09   #104
fc*uk
Moderator
 
fc*uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Atlantic Beach
Posts: 8,127
I actually found the spoon on google images. Knock yourslef out if you want to use it.

If you want to know about video codecs for nsv, post the question in the nsv forum if you have not done so already.

Also keep in mind that it takes massive amounts of bandwidth to stream video.
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2006, 02:59   #105
iscorp216
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: florida
Posts: 34
ok, i placed the code in my website as well.. any idea on how to get that windows player to show my title and track name? thanks
iscorp216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2006, 23:24   #106
noodlez
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1
how you doing im just starting out and ive been reading all that was said. i dont have a page working just yet but im working on it is there any way i can get other media player to work just from the tune in button on the shoutcast page your help is well needed.

Noodlez
noodlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2006, 12:59   #107
bigred850
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: fort walton beach
Posts: 20
Send a message via AIM to bigred850 Send a message via Yahoo to bigred850
for the life of me i cannot get windows media player to play my station not even at a local level ie: http://127.0.0.1:8000 it I am running low on memory when i attempt to open my station there. please help. i have upgraded to windows media 11 from 9 and still nothing
bigred850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2006, 13:34   #108
zv32
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 8
Send a message via AIM to zv32
This works to:
<embed enableJavascript="false" allowscriptaccess="never" allownetworking="internal" allowScriptAccess="never" allowNetworking="internal" src="http://IP:PORT" width="400" height="44" status="0" autostart="true" showstatusbar="0" showdisplay="0" volume="100" type="application/x-mplayer2" style="filter:xray">
</embed>

True=Yes
False=No
0=No
1=Yes
zv32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2006, 13:48   #109
bigred850
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: fort walton beach
Posts: 20
Send a message via AIM to bigred850 Send a message via Yahoo to bigred850
i am still having problems yet my nsv player on my website plays just fine. does windows media player play shoutcast streams? it acts like it doesn't when i open the main player from the start menu and it says low on memory message help!
bigred850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2006, 17:23   #110
bigred850
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: fort walton beach
Posts: 20
Send a message via AIM to bigred850 Send a message via Yahoo to bigred850
I am having serious problems streaming to my website for some reason. here is my website...geocities.com/bigred850/home.html

all ports are forwarded, firewall is knocked out, anti virus is not the issue so what is HELP!!! PLEEASE!! IM BEGGING!!
bigred850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2006, 17:25   #111
bigred850
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: fort walton beach
Posts: 20
Send a message via AIM to bigred850 Send a message via Yahoo to bigred850
; ***************************
; Network configuration
; ***************************

; SrcIP, the interface to listen for source connections on (or to make relay
; connections on if relaying). Can and usually will be ANY or 127.0.0.1
; (Making it 127.0.0.1 will keep other machines from being able to
; broadcast using your shoutcast server )
SrcIP=192.168.1.97

; DestIP, IP to listen for clients on (and to contact yp.shoutcast.com)
; can and usually will be be ANY. If your machine has multiple IP addresses,
; set this to the one you want it to be accessed by.
DestIP=192.168.1.97

; Yport, port to connect to yp.shoutcast.com on. For people behind caching
; webproxies, change this to the alternate port (666 is what it might be,
; check www.shoutcast.com if you have problems). Otherwise, leave this at 80.
; We're actively working on re-opening port 666, but as of release the only
; working port is port 80.
Yport=80
bigred850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2006, 17:32   #112
bigred850
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: fort walton beach
Posts: 20
Send a message via AIM to bigred850 Send a message via Yahoo to bigred850
i use the ****** client to resolve the address ahp.audio-stream.net with a www prefix to my IP address and port number that is serving my shoucast and nsv on my website. i don't always use the www prefix ie: www.ahp.audio-stream.net because it doesn't always work when i start messing with code and different embeded players. so i am completly lost what to do! HELP HELP HEEELHEELP!
bigred850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump