Old 10th March 2005, 07:33   #1
petree

Snap-to edge of screen tweaky

I run into this problem, literally like every day. It's super minor, but just a tarnish on the regular polish of winamp.

Using the classic skin, if you window shade the main window...grab it and try to drag it off the top or bottom of the screen. You can't do it. You can get almost there, but you it'll always have at least a pixel on the screen.

If you have another window (playlist, video, doesn't matter) docked onto the main window it ends up acting a little different. If you grab the main window in the lower half and then try to move up, it aligns the docked window (playlist, etc) with the edge of the screen pushing the main window off the screen.

So if I've got two windows together (with the main window on the top) and then I pick them up and try to slam it to the top, half the time, I lose my main window off screen.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Can't reproduce this.
No winamp\system specs provided.
Moved from Bug Reports to Tech Support
petree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2005, 20:24   #2
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
Re: Snap-to edge of screen tweaky

Quote:
Using the classic skin, if you window shade the main window...grab it and try to drag it off the top or bottom of the screen. You can't do it. You can get almost there, but you it'll always have at least a pixel on the screen.
not a clue what you are talking about here??? yes you can drag the win.shade main window off the edges...are you referring to the fact the window will only detach when the pointer "hooks" the edge rather than the body of the window?

Quote:
If you have another window (playlist, video, doesn't matter) docked onto the main window it ends up acting a little different. If you grab the main window in the lower half and then try to move up, it aligns the docked window (playlist, etc) with the edge of the screen pushing the main window off the screen.

So if I've got two windows together (with the main window on the top) and then I pick them up and try to slam it to the top, half the time, I lose my main window off screen.
No, if you slam it to the top, it stops properly, if you unclick your mouse and then move it up AGAIN thats when the main window will go off the screen...however (in XP at least) when you move it to the bottom, i do get a funky behavior, if win.shade.main is on top of win.shade.playlist and i drag with one click, it goes behind the taskbar, when i drag the taskbar down to display whats beneath it, the two windows are juxtaposed with space between them.
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support