Old 3rd February 2006, 15:10   #41
rockouthippie
Banned

Because there is no gay rights movement outside of a general human rights movement.

And because the gay activist agenda is outside of that. It seeks special rights. Gays in the USA already have as many rights as the rest of us. That could be said for most activism in this country. War over. Civil rights wins.

Everyone gets A, to not get killed for no reason. B, laws against descrimination in housing and employment and C, the right to vote.

Social injustice corrected. Shut up and get a job.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2006, 16:38   #42
zootm
Forum King

But why gay rights groups in particular? Your argument works fine so long as you're banning all specific-group (religion, gender, etc.) groups, otherwise I don't get it.

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2006, 23:22   #43
rockouthippie
Banned

Because that lisping and whining is enough to drive anyone crazy.
Old 6th February 2006, 23:49   #44
mrthchemp

...whereas stereotyping is a trait that pisses me off

"Getting stoned is wonderful and we are wired up for it."
mrthchemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2006, 05:16   #45
rockouthippie
Banned

What usually pisses me off is when I, all too often, meet the stereotype in person. I think two out of the hundreds of fags I've met weren't lisping and whining up a storm.

First, I don't buy it. Most of the fags I ever met would hump anything that held still long enough. I think being gay just doubles their chance for a date.

So... go be gay and shut up. Get thee back to thine closet.
Old 7th February 2006, 09:23   #46
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by rockouthippie
Because that lisping and whining is enough to drive anyone crazy.

I remember a family that are friends with my family, down south, the son is gay. One time he started talking like that, and his mum went off the handle - "I don't mind you being gay, but that is not your voice!"

Quote:
First, I don't buy it. Most of the fags I ever met would hump anything that held still long enough. I think being gay just doubles their chance for a date.
I think you've just come across a misrepresentative sample. If I was to go out and take a sample of straight people in the same way, I'd probably find much the same attitude anyway (it certainly seems that way sometimes).

Quote:
So... go be gay and shut up. Get thee back to thine closet.
So your argument is basically that gay people shouldn't have a voice because you don't want to listen to them. Forgive me if I graciously disagree.

Old 7th February 2006, 13:19   #47
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

I've known alot of homosexuals, mostly having worked with them.
In general, they weren't monogomous even when in civil partnership, marriage, whatever they call it. I think most called it a union.
A few of them were notorious for having multiple pertner sex encounters and a couple even went predatory on obviously straight men.
I'm not saying all of them but the majority of the ones I've known lacked any sense of sexual morality.
Myself, I made it known right off the bat that I never drink enough to lose a strong measure of self defense and if they attempted such insanity, they were going to anally penetrated with a penis. Their own dismembered one.
Again, I'm not saying that they're all sexual freaks only those I've encountered.
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2006, 14:36   #48
zootm
Forum King

I've had pretty much the opposite experience, although I kinda put it down to growing social acceptance.

Old 7th February 2006, 14:43   #49
LuigiHann
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to LuigiHann
Yeah, I can't help but imagine that, being told from childhood that his sexuality is totally wrong and abnormal, one might develope other devious tendencies as a result. I would imagine that if society treated homesexual relationships like normal relationships, homosexual people would have normal relationships. I'm not saying there wouldn't still be people like Chev and Rock described, but they'd probably be in proportion to straight people with similar attitudes.
And don't tell me there aren't straight people without sexual morality, I've seen plenty just on this forum alone

Who is the milkman? What is the purpose of the goggles?
LuigiHann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2006, 15:24   #50
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Yeah, I can't help but imagine that, being told from childhood that his sexuality is totally wrong and abnormal, one might develope other devious tendencies as a result.
This is backed up by sociological evidence, yes. I expect that we'll see the younger generations of gay people be a lot less deviant in their practices — and of course that's not even taking into account what sort of personality someone would need to be openly gay in a less-tolerant society.

Old 7th February 2006, 16:55   #51
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally posted by zootm
This is backed up by sociological evidence, yes. I expect that we'll see the younger generations of gay people be a lot less deviant in their practices — and of course that's not even taking into account what sort of personality someone would need to be openly gay in a less-tolerant society.
So you're saying that this is the first generation of gays that we have now?

Hmmm... now that you mention it, it does kind of prevent itself from spreading to the next generation. So I guess you could be right, but until they find a way to reproduce, I guess we'll never know.

Idiot's Advocate
My site (under construction)
CaboWaboAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2006, 18:14   #52
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by LuigiHann

And don't tell me there aren't straight people without sexual morality, I've seen plenty just on this forum alone
Just because I have an inflatable girlfriend?
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2006, 18:17   #53
Mattress
Forum King

well do you cheat on her?
Mattress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2006, 18:42   #54
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by CaboWaboAddict
So you're saying that this is the first generation of gays that we have now?
Look up "transferred epithet".

The quick, obvious, and easy answer is that it means "gays within generation of people". I mean, I could completely explain everything I write, but it'd probably take a long time, and quite frankly I'm surprised anyone who can't work out such a basic use of language can connect to the internet without swallowing their modem.

Old 7th February 2006, 21:19   #55
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Look up "transferred epithet".

The quick, obvious, and easy answer is that it means "gays within generation of people". I mean, I could completely explain everything I write, but it'd probably take a long time, and quite frankly I'm surprised anyone who can't work out such a basic use of language can connect to the internet without swallowing their modem.
As I am suprised that such a worldly person such as yourself fails to see humor when it slaps him in the face.

And BTW, thanks for the interesting visual. I could almost picture you deep-throating your Cat-5.

Idiot's Advocate
Old 7th February 2006, 23:54   #56
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
As I am suprised that such a worldly person such as yourself fails to see humor when it slaps him in the face.
I've had a bad day. Now I am drunk, and things are making more sense again. It didn't strike me as something that wasn't a joke, just as something that was a bit immature for someone who (I believe) is older than me.

Quote:
And BTW, thanks for the interesting visual. I could almost picture you deep-throating your Cat-5.
See what I mean? But yeah, I did nearly say "swallowing network cable".

Old 8th February 2006, 00:24   #57
mrthchemp

to be honest cabos reply did appear to me to be a rather crass and facile dismissal of your theory, thinly disguised as humour. but maybe i'm mistaken. maybe he's just playing idiot's advocate. so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt

"Getting stoned is wonderful and we are wired up for it."
mrthchemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2006, 01:26   #58
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:

I think you've just come across a misrepresentative sample. If I was to go out and take a sample of straight people in the same way, I'd probably find much the same attitude anyway (it certainly seems that way sometimes).
Mostly it's been the ones that I've worked with. There are possibly others that I don't know were gay?. But wait a minute, it's genetic isn't it?. If it were they'd all be prancing around like Tinkerbell.

I call BS and double BS on gays. I think their perve lifestyle sucks. The thing I really find disgusting is the old queers my age trying to recruit young men.

Yuk!.

I don't think anyone should jail or kill them. But I think they ought to go back to the gay bar, have a drink, and shut up.
Old 8th February 2006, 01:39   #59
LuigiHann
Forum King

I very much doubt it's genetic. Like Cabo said, it'd die out pretty quick considering

Old 8th February 2006, 09:34   #60
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Mostly it's been the ones that I've worked with. There are possibly others that I don't know were gay?. But wait a minute, it's genetic isn't it?. If it were they'd all be prancing around like Tinkerbell.
Just like all straight men have hairy chests, deep voices, enjoy NASCAR, and cut down trees for a living. By God man, you're a genius.

Quote:
I call BS and double BS on gays. I think their perve lifestyle sucks. The thing I really find disgusting is the old queers my age trying to recruit young men.
Or old straights trying to recruit girls my age. Dreadful, really.

Quote:
I don't think anyone should jail or kill them. But I think they ought to go back to the gay bar, have a drink, and shut up.
If people like you shut up, maybe they would.

Old 8th February 2006, 15:06   #61
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally posted by mrthchemp
to be honest cabos reply did appear to me to be a rather crass and facile dismissal of your theory, thinly disguised as humour. but maybe i'm mistaken. maybe he's just playing idiot's advocate. so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt
I like that: "Idiot's advocate"

Got a nice ring to it!

Idiot's Advocate
Old 8th February 2006, 17:10   #62
Phyltre
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Phyltre Send a message via Yahoo to Phyltre
So the consensus is that homosexuals seem to have certain behavior queues because they are forced upon them by an unaccepting culture? even though it just makes things worse?
Phyltre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2006, 18:26   #63
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Phyltre
So the consensus is that homosexuals seem to have certain behavior queues because they are forced upon them by an unaccepting culture? even though it just makes things worse?
If you make something taboo, it drives those who openly admit to that thing to the more extreme end of the scale. This is a sociological thingummybob.

I don't think that the effects on "their position" were really forefront in their minds.

Old 8th February 2006, 19:08   #64
Phyltre
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Phyltre Send a message via Yahoo to Phyltre
Didn't someone link to the Onion article pertinent to this?
Phyltre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2006, 19:26   #65
rockouthippie
Banned

I don't believe in homosexuality at all. Perhaps mental illness would describe it best. Gays have always been some of the flakiest characters I ever met. I think they say they're gay just to make themselves interesting.

Give me a break. I've seen the gay pride parade. A bunch of freaks running around, wearing underwear in public. Does being gay have the side effect of a speech impediment and a lack of fashion sense.

I don't think we should harm them, but give me a break. I can't even enlist their friendship because they always end up hitting on me.

I think we should leave the poor buggers alone. But I'm not gonna call what they're doing "Married". And I'm tired of the protest.

Invariably gays are some of the most miserable people I have ever met. Without exception, the men are strange, even without being gay and lesbians are man haters.

In full screech, they are annoying in the extreme. The gay pride events I've seen have been a disgusting display.

And gays have their civil rights. So they should shut up, put down the picket signs, move to San Francisco and live happily ever after. But then I've never met a gay that was happy.
Old 8th February 2006, 22:51   #66
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
I don't believe in homosexuality at all. Perhaps mental illness would describe it best. Gays have always been some of the flakiest characters I ever met. I think they say they're gay just to make themselves interesting.
Psychology in general doesn't agree, although there has been some individuals who have had the same thought. It's not something that seems likely to me, though, not from what I've seen.

Quote:
Give me a break. I've seen the gay pride parade. A bunch of freaks running around, wearing underwear in public. Does being gay have the side effect of a speech impediment and a lack of fashion sense.
I was at an anti-war march, and there were a lot of complete idiots there too. That doesn't mean they were all that way, though.

Quote:
I don't think we should harm them, but give me a break. I can't even enlist their friendship because they always end up hitting on me.
I really, really think you've had some pretty random experiences with them. Either that or you body-build and act gay.

Old 8th February 2006, 23:16   #67
LuigiHann
Forum King

Quote:
I was at an anti-war march, and there were a lot of complete idiots there too. That doesn't mean they were all that way, though.
I doubt that's the most effective argument against Rockouthippy

Old 9th February 2006, 00:17   #68
zootm
Forum King

This is true, but it was the best example I could think of. Some complete fannies at those marches, but also many of the most intelligent people I've met.

The point is that you can't generalise these things.

Old 9th February 2006, 00:32   #69
LuigiHann
Forum King

I bet he can

Old 9th February 2006, 13:39   #70
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Some complete fannies at those marches...
You know, I'm aware of the meaning of that word in the UK, but that just sounds funny to me.

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
The DMCA. It really is that bad. : Count for your life.
xzxzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2006, 16:59   #71
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by xzxzzx
You know, I'm aware of the meaning of that word in the UK, but that just sounds funny to me.
It's used as a general derogatory term in Scotland as well, incidentally (it might be in other places too, but it's not as common).

Old 9th February 2006, 18:08   #72
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
It's used as a general derogatory term in Scotland as well, incidentally (it might be in other places too, but it's not as common).
I kind of got the jist of what you meant, but "fanny" to me is a very mild term for the butt &mdash; you might hear a very politically correct mother tell her child "you sit your fanny down!". I suppose "fanny pack" means something entirely else to you.

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
The DMCA. It really is that bad. : Count for your life.
xzxzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2006, 19:28   #73
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

Quote:
I suppose "fanny pack" means something entirely else to you.

Idiot's Advocate
Old 9th February 2006, 19:56   #74
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
I suppose "fanny pack" means something entirely else to you.
We use the word "bumbag". "Fanny pack" almost invariably makes someone in the room snicker. Actually, the use of the word "fanny" on American TV tends to lead to unintentional hilarity more often than not.

Old 9th February 2006, 21:15   #75
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by zootm

I doubt that's the most effective argument against Rockouthippy
I think the anti-war protests were a big waste of time too. Any politician would look at that and think "Gee, these idiots don't vote. AND THEYD BE RIGHT!.".

I got stuck in a traffic jam caused by the war protests in Portland. I burned an extra half tank of gas. Unfortunately in my work truck. So that was $35.

Yeah OK, no war for oil. No shit?. Thanks for the gas bill assholes. When you get out of jail, maybe you should fill out a voter registration card.
Old 10th February 2006, 01:20   #76
LuigiHann
Forum King

Told ya.

Old 13th February 2006, 00:09   #77
ecardica

I've known a few homosexuals in my lifetime and to be honest I don't like them. Most of them were just lonely people trying to get attention from the world but I once met a couple that were completely discrete and didn't try to flaunt to the world their status. Maybe it was just my experience with attention whores, I don't know. I think people are born gay/straight, especially since I read the story on gay penguins! Who would have guessed?
ecardica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2006, 00:14   #78
Schmeet
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by ecardica
I've known a few homosexuals in my lifetime and to be honest I don't like them. Most of them were just lonely people trying to get attention from the world but I once met a couple that were completely discrete and didn't try to flaunt to the world their status. Maybe it was just my experience with attention whores, I don't know. I think people are born gay/straight, especially since I read the story on gay penguins! Who would have guessed?
There was a similar situation in the UK last year. It was pretty cute because the one penguin decided he didn't want to be gay anymore and left his friend for a female penguin.
Schmeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2006, 09:59   #79
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
I think the anti-war protests were a big waste of time too. Any politician would look at that and think "Gee, these idiots don't vote. AND THEYD BE RIGHT!.".
You spelt "WRONG" incorrectly. As I say, they had their fair share of both clever and silly people.

Old 13th February 2006, 20:18   #80
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

we have 3 gay people at work, neither of them flash it around, 2 of are on long term relationships, one of them is single and is neither behaving better or worse than most single guys.
ertmann|CPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News