Old 14th February 2006, 02:20   #81
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by ertmann|CPH
neither behaving better or worse than most single guys.
That you know of.... I know what people would think were a monogamous gay couple. Until you get to know them a little better

The "marriage" was born of the gay bar lifestyle and continues in it.

These guys run an adult foster care and do a fine job. They seem respectable and publicly are. But the truth is they are still a couple of weird perves.

Unless "wife swapping" is part of the gay genetics.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2006, 03:15   #82
LuigiHann
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to LuigiHann
Plenty of straight people do that too. Otherwise it wouldn't be called "wife swapping"

Who is the milkman? What is the purpose of the goggles?
LuigiHann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2006, 03:37   #83
Mattress
Forum King

so if straight people do it it's perfectly okay?
Mattress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2006, 03:39   #84
LuigiHann
Forum King

No.
But if straight people do it, it's probably not a "gay people" thing.

Geez.

Old 14th February 2006, 05:06   #85
rockouthippie
Banned

Rule not the exception?. Coming soon to a neighborhood near you.... synogonsyphusoregonusfagulitisareamungusfungus. Make your genitalia look like my foot.

Brought to you by the disease infested (at epidemic levels), Portland, Oregon gay community.

Shut up. Live in peace and don't count on me stopping if you throw yourself in front of my truck.

Old 14th February 2006, 11:02   #86
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by rockouthippie
That you know of.... I know what people would think were a monogamous gay couple. Until you get to know them a little better

The "marriage" was born of the gay bar lifestyle and continues in it.

These guys run an adult foster care and do a fine job. They seem respectable and publicly are. But the truth is they are still a couple of weird perves.

Unless "wife swapping" is part of the gay genetics.
"My anecdotal evidence is better than your anecdotal evidence."
"Nuh-uh!"

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2006, 13:00   #87
LuigiHann
Forum King

You know what? Let's stop this silly argument, cast aside our differences, and say bad things about some people who we can all agree are totally undeserving of our sympathy: The morbidly obese.
I mean seriously, when you're so fat you can't even walk, why keep eating? Morons.

Old 14th February 2006, 13:43   #88
Mattress
Forum King

you'd think inability to retrieve additional food would stop them from eating. People must be enabling these fattys!
Old 14th February 2006, 15:00   #89
LuigiHann
Forum King

Yeah, seriously. I remember reading an article about a woman so fat and idle that she had to be surgically removed from her couch! I mean, I can understand people being overweight, I know I'm above the healthy weight for my height, but I mean, when you start to get stuck to your couch, doesn't that send up a red flag somewhere? Who keeps feeding the lady who's too fat to get off her couch? How long does it take to say, "wait a minute, maybe this isn't healthy"???

Old 14th February 2006, 21:10   #90
mrthchemp

Quote:
don't count on me stopping if you throw yourself in front of my truck.
ah so you can tell in a split second now whether someone is gay or not...or do you have a special fagometer built into the dashboard

"Getting stoned is wonderful and we are wired up for it."
mrthchemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2006, 22:07   #91
zootm
Forum King

The technical term is "gaydar".

Old 16th February 2006, 03:41   #92
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by LuigiHann
You know what? Let's stop this silly argument, cast aside our differences, and say bad things about some people who we can all agree are totally undeserving of our sympathy: The morbidly obese.
I mean seriously, when you're so fat you can't even walk, why keep eating? Morons.
But the fatties aren't a problem. You don't see them out blocking traffic and asking for special rights. And you don't see them trying to convince everyone that what they're doing isn't fucked up.

Behaviors in your life cause problems. For gays, it's sex. For fatties, it's food. For alcoholics, it's booze. But you don't see drunks or fat people picketing.

Because, while it's not ok to be a drunk or fat or a drug addict, it's fine to be gay?.

And what the gays would really like is for it to be ok to be a drunk, drugged, fat gay.... but not if you're not gay...

You can pick on the fat guy, but not the fat, gay guy.
Old 16th February 2006, 04:19   #93
LuigiHann
Forum King

I would have loved to see what you had to say when black people wanted to go to the same school. Or when women wanted to vote.

Old 16th February 2006, 17:00   #94
seraphim

Quote:
You can pick on the fat guy, but not the fat, gay guy.
Where the hell do you come from? It ok to pick on a fat person??!?!

Also, i don't ever remember hearing an obese being lynched, shot, stabbed, or strangled just because s/he was fat.
seraphim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2006, 17:25   #95
Mattress
Forum King

that's because no one cares about fat people, they don't even report anti-fatty hate crimes in the newspapers.
Old 22nd February 2006, 11:13   #96
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
I would have loved to see what you had to say when black people wanted to go to the same school. Or when women wanted to vote.
I am all in favor of both, but THATS THE WHOLE POINT. They do get to vote and go to the same school..... but they are still bitching....

I watched Oprah Winfrey who found out her great grandfather was a slave. Poor oppressed Oprah. My great grandfather was in russian occupied Poland and those of his family that remained in Poland without exception were killed by the Nazis in WWII. Those were the ones that weren't starved to death by the russians. Luckily he found a way to come to America.

Now tell me how abused YOU are because you are black or a woman or gay. In the past, they didn't have rights. Now they do. Rights that everyone in my generation has had. Rights we've had for most of our lifetimes. (like 40 years, and there have been no slaves for a century and a half). Women have had rights for longer than that.

I'm not bitching about what the russians and nazis did to my polish ancestors. I'm not asking for special treatment because of iniquities that happened to my ancient relatives.

And I had nothing to do with persecuting anyone, and neither has my kin. We've been farmers for centuries.

So, like I said, when you come up with something that's worth protesting, I'm all ears. But 99% of the current activism is complete bullshit. If you have problems, it's not because you're oppressed. Look in the mirror for the solution to your problems.

If you want to look at how this plays out politically sometimes, you hear a lot more about 3 million dead jews, than 9 million dead polls.

I guess whatever "atrocity" we are swawking about is the most important.

So, whining that you can't get maa-rrrriieedd (whine) doesn't impress me. Call me when soldiers are shooting you in the street....or running you off to the oven... or if they won't let you vote or starve you out by not letting you work. Then I'll be right there with a picket sign.

If you want to look at the spectrum of activist nut bars, look at Pat Robertson and Louis Ferrikam for examples. We could toss head-band Hillary in there too for feminist rhetoric.

All examples of people who should shut up.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 22nd February 2006 at 11:47.
Old 23rd February 2006, 17:05   #97
seraphim

Rockout, are you married?

Maybe you are, maybe you aren't, but you'll never appreciate what you have until it is taken away from you. Gays legally can't marry the person they love, they can't get the benefits of marriage, etc. They bitch about it because they NEVER had that right, or would you consider it a privelege. Either way you consider it, it isn't equal for both gays and heteros.
Old 23rd February 2006, 17:42   #98
Phyltre
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Phyltre Send a message via Yahoo to Phyltre
Quote:
Originally posted by seraphim

Maybe you are, maybe you aren't, but you'll never appreciate what you have until it is taken away from you. Gays legally can't marry the person they love, they can't get the benefits of marriage, etc. They bitch about it because they NEVER had that right, or would you consider it a privelege. Either way you consider it, it isn't equal for both gays and heteros.
Personally, I would argue that gay marriage should be allowed because marriage doesn't mean anything anymore--with the high divorce rate, any sanctity or priviledge (other than the practical) it might have had has been ground to nought. I don't think changing the rules around to allow nontraditional couples will change anything--the religious import of marriage is all but dead, anyway. You see, I tend to assess something by its effects.

You guys pointing out the flaws in traditional couples are right. Marriage might have been best reserved for a man and a woman at some point, but that point does not appear to be now.

But adoption rights...that's a different story.
Phyltre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2006, 20:38   #99
LuigiHann
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Phyltre
Are you sure it isn't the exact same story?
/mostly playing Devil's advocate here

Old 23rd February 2006, 20:59   #100
Phyltre
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Phyltre Send a message via Yahoo to Phyltre
Quote:
Are you sure it isn't the exact same story?
/mostly playing Devil's advocate here
Well, I say it's a different story because we have no statistics on the matter. If you want to assume that being raised by homosexual adoptive parents wouldn't have an affect on the child...well, it's only an assumption. And I don't like to assume where the future is concerned.

Also: The gay couple can choose, in the case of marriage. If harm comes to them, they made the decision. But the child being adopted doesn't have the choice, which means that anything bad resulting from that adoptive situation would be imposed by whoever made the decision to allow/disallow. So the stakes are higher.
Phyltre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2006, 18:55   #101
Mattress
Forum King

Quote:

Technically gay folks have the same rights as straight folks. Gay people have always been legally allowed to marry someone of the opposite sex. While straight people have always been prohibited from marrying someone of the same sex.
Old 24th February 2006, 19:48   #102
LuigiHann
Forum King

the majestic fairness of bourgeois justice prohibits rich and poor alike from sleeping under bridges and on park benches.

Old 24th February 2006, 21:14   #103
seraphim

Quote:
Originally posted by Mattress
Technically gay folks have the same rights as straight folks. Gay people have always been legally allowed to marry someone of the opposite sex. While straight people have always been prohibited from marrying someone of the same sex.
Hence the "marry the person they love" comment
Old 24th February 2006, 21:20   #104
Mattress
Forum King

since when does marriage as defined by law have anything to do with love?
Old 24th February 2006, 22:58   #105
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Phyltre

Sure, lets teach kids to have a 5X increase in their chances to contract VD. (They call that STD now, I guess I'm not PC).

And I guess we should teach this pestilence as doctrine in our grade schools.
Old 24th February 2006, 23:26   #106
seraphim

Wait, rockout, what are you talking about?
Old 24th February 2006, 23:34   #107
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Wait, rockout, what are you talking about?
Being "gay" (which I don't believe in) is screwed. Women are a pain in the ass, but riding the "Hershey hiway" is not the damned answer.

Gays should be able to lead their lives. Promotion of that lifestyle should be met with the GREATEST DISDAIN. That's what I mean. Adopting kids?. That's laughable, if it wasn't tragic for the kids.

Be gay. Have rights. And shut the hell up.

Don't try to teach kids about your perversion and call it a "lifestyle choice". This should be accepted, because we are kind people. What they are asking for is "carte blanche" and promotion.

Being gay is BAD, WRONG, AND SEXUALLY DANGEROUS.

Promote this lifestyle... NOT A FUCKING CHANCE. Accepting people, and meeting christian kindness..yes...

If you jump off a cliff, I'll come down and get you. It doesn't mean that I approve.

Less than 1% of us embrace this perversion. Let's keep it that way, because they act like 5% of the population in spreading syphillus and AIDS.

Being kind to my gay neighbor, when all of his "lovers" abandoned him was my wakeup call. He finally killed himself. To his death, he would have defended "gay rights". We all miss him. We need the influence of 26 year old (at his death) Navy CPO to be an asset, instead of being dead, because he was what we used to call a "Pony boy".

A decent, kind, man. Now dead from AIDS.

His "lovers" weren't at his funeral. I was.... holding his mothers hand.

Maybe, if I haven't cut the fag down from his garage rafter, standing on a stepstool I loaned him, I'd feel better about it.

A Navy officer gave his eulogy, one that wore dress whites and sent his friend to hope that God loved him.

Everything is about love.

21 guns, stood at his funeral. My doing. He was a desert storm veteran.

But my friend is dead.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 25th February 2006 at 00:26.
Old 25th February 2006, 00:55   #108
seraphim

Being gay isn't a choice. Read up on actual scientific materials on the subject to see that people are just born that way. There isn't an upbringing that causes homosexuality. It just is. Even when you had you neighbor around, did you ask him if being gay was a choice of his? Is being straight an option of yours, or are you naturally attracted to the female gender? Did someone teach you from a young age to like girls?

I can't even think of a reason that i am arguing this topic with someone who calls gay peopple *that*.
Old 25th February 2006, 09:01   #109
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Being gay isn't a choice.
Everything is a choice. Mostly we make our own hell and live in it.
Old 25th February 2006, 15:11   #110
GorunNova

Send a message via AIM to GorunNova
Let me clarify seraphim's question... "As a guy/girl, is being attracted to women/men a conscious, forced decision on your part?"

If yes, then there ya go... I pity you, but there ya go. If no (like most straight people who have actually been in love would reply, including me), then imagine if you could -never- act on that attraction without being ridiculed and ostracized. THAT is what homosexuals have to deal with every day. THAT is why they want to be able to legally marry the person that they are attracted towards... so they can get some degree of acceptance in what, for them, is no more a conscious choice than 'normal' sexuality is for straight people. THEY want it because it's denied them due to a quirk in their natures that they were born with.

To discount that with a 'well, it was their choice' is just pure ignorance. Every time you look at a girl and want to kiss / have sex with her, remember that.

Edit: (White text because this could be interpreted as being crude)
ALL sex is dangerous, from a STD point of view. The only reason that homosexual -males- are more prone to it is because the lining of the... orifice in question is thinner and it's easier for bad things (i.e. STDs) to get into the blood stream.
GorunNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2006, 18:51   #111
Mattress
Forum King

when I was a kid I hated girls, I was repulsed by them. I guess I was born gay?
Old 25th February 2006, 19:07   #112
LuigiHann
Forum King

Yep.

Old 25th February 2006, 19:14   #113
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by GorunNova
Let me clarify seraphim's question... "As a guy/girl, is being attracted to women/men a conscious, forced decision on your part?"
Even if I felt gay, it isn't prudent to be gay, so I wouldn't be.

There are any number of feelings that I might have, that doesn't mean I act on them.
Old 26th February 2006, 08:09   #114
MaTTFURY
Major Dude

heteraphobic pricks!

i am not normal, no really.
MaTTFURY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2006, 17:05   #115
seraphim

Quote:
But how can you even comment on how homosexuality is a choice if you don't feel gay. Can you feel gay? Can you honestly find another man attractive, as you are right now?
Old 26th February 2006, 21:23   #116
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
How is it not "prudent"?

Old 26th February 2006, 21:38   #117
rockouthippie
Banned

The now dead guy, that used to live next door as he rotted with his skin falling off as he died of AIDS and shooting heroin, which wasn't enough to kill the pain, until he killed himself might be an example of "not prudent".

Such is the end of the life of a Navy chief petty officer, with distinguished service, who made one mistake, dead at 28. He was gay. And a damn good guy and my friend.

You can spout all the "rights" rhetoric that you want and it sounds really good coming from gay activists. But they weren't around helping him. I was.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 26th February 2006 at 21:58.
Old 26th February 2006, 22:20   #118
zootm
Forum King

I don't consider that "not prudent". Shooting heroin and having unprotected sex (gay or not) is "not prudent". Being gay? Nah.

You are once again making wide assumptions about the nature of all homosexuals due to your limited experience. I know it can be hard to believe that what you've seen isn't broadly indicative, but it's just not.

Old 26th February 2006, 22:51   #119
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by zootm
I don't consider that "not prudent". Shooting heroin and having unprotected sex (gay or not) is "not prudent". Being gay?
No heroin until after he was dying and I don't blame the guy one bit.

Like I said, this man was a respected officer and a decent man.

Just gay. And because of that, he met a horrible death.

Maybe when I see "gaytopia" and I see that gays are involved in loving monogamous relationships, them I'd be convinced. But I never met that "gay".

My experience tells me that this lifestyle is tragic and has tragic consequences for EVERY SINGLE GAY PERSON I HAVE EVER MET.

Maybe you could just find me a happy gay man. I haven't met him.
Old 26th February 2006, 23:53   #120
zootm
Forum King

The heroin thing is understandable, yes (although due to local issues I have a pretty irrational hatred toward that drug in particular).

I know a few "happy" (or at least as happy and non-dysfunctional as any straight person, at least!) gay people (certainly far, far outnumbering the type that you've come into such contact with), but it's not like I can introduce them to you! There was one on this forum a while back, but I don't think it would be fair to drag him into this.

I think your experiences are clouding your judgement on this issue, still, though (and to be fair, you have said that this is all based upon your experiences). My personal feeling is that the behaviours (and particular their prevalence through the community that arised from necessity) that you find questionable are due largely to marginalisation of homosexuals in society — as they become more widely-accepted, so their behaviours become less extreme. I'm from a younger generation than you, so this would — at least in part — explain our differences in experience.

Sorry to hear about your friend, too, incidentally.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News