Old 30th January 2006, 15:08   #1
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

Fucking Islamists AKA Muhammed Drawings

From Wikipedia:
Quote:
Late in 2005 the [Danish Newspaper Jyllands Posten published] 12 satirical caricatures of the Islamic prophet Muhammad on September 30, 2005, including one suggesting he had a bomb in his turban. The drawings were printed in the Danish daily Jyllands-Posten as a satirical illustration to go along an article on self-censorship and freedom of speech, commenting on the fact that no artist was willing to illustrate a childrens book by the Danish writer Kåre Bluitgen about Muhammad without remaining anonymous, allegedly for fear of revenge from extremist Muslims, as depicting Muhammad is prohibited according to Islamic belief.

While the newspaper maintains that the drawings were an exercise in free speech, many Muslims in Denmark and further afield viewed them as a provocation. Two newspaper cartoonists were reportedly driven into hiding after death threats were issued against them and the paper has revised and heightened its security procedures.

International consequences:
- On January 30th, five Palestinian gunmen stormed the EU office in Gaza City, while ten gunmen armed with assault rifles, anti-tank weaponry and grenade launchers, stood outside and demanded an apology for the drawings. No shots were fire, nor was there any injuries. The gunmen left after approximately fifteen minutes.
- Islamic Jihad gives Danes, Norwegians and Swedes 48 hours to leave the Gaza Strip.
- Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades gives Danes and Swedes 72 hours to leave the area.
- OIC (Organization of Islamic conferences) are headed to the UN with a resolution that forbids attacks on religious beliefs.
- The flag of Denmark has been burned in Nablus and Hebron in Palestine.
Serveral countries have recalled their ambassadors, and Danish media are reporting on serveral attacks on Danish citizens in the middle east, and the entire middle east are boycotting Danish products.

WHAT IS IT THOSE FUCKING IDIOTS DON'T GET? the Danish goverment can't do jack, freedom of speach is embedded in the constitution, it would take atleast 1 - 2 years to change this, besides it would require a referendom, and the vast majority are not going to vote for a law that limits freedom of speach anyway. It was printed in a fucking independent newspaper, not in any public source.

They can burn our flag and boycott our products all that they like, but physically harm Danes because some newspaper printed something. Fucking nutjobs, just because they have currupt totalitarian regimes in complete control of their press, and they for the pittyfull lack of IQ accept it, shouldn't mean that we have too.

GAH! im soooooo angry!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Drawings
ertmann|CPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2006, 15:41   #2
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Ignorance and stupidity go hand in hand.
I fear my oncoming "Nuke them all!" mentality.
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2006, 16:45   #3
Mattress
Forum King

these are the people that blow themselves up to kill innocent kids at night clubs.
these are the people that hijack airplanes and fly them into buildings.
these are the people that use the excuse of some criminals running from police and killing themselves by hiding in an electrical shed for weeks of riots and car burning.

you expected them to behave rationally?
Mattress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2006, 20:11   #4
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

I am surprised, this is not Hamas and the likes we are dealing with, it is the general public.

If this continues to escalate we are going to have bombs going off all over the place pretty soon, it's really quite scary. Allthough I for one fully support our goverments stance for a change.
Old 30th January 2006, 21:07   #5
MegaRock
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to MegaRock Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRock
Quote:
Originally posted by ElChevelle
It's only a matter of time till the rest of the world gets sick and fucking tired of the whole bunch of them.

Megarock Radio - St. Louis Since 1998!
Tune In Now!
Corporate Radio Sucks! No suits, all rock!
MegaRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2006, 00:30   #6
sgtfuzzbubble011

Quote:
It's only a matter of time till the rest of the world gets sick and fucking tired of the whole bunch of them.
Yep.

Quote:
Sadly, I've thought that way for a long time, now.
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2006, 03:38   #7
MegaRock
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to MegaRock Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRock
Quote:
Originally posted by sgtfuzzbubble99
Sadly, I've thought that way for a long time, now.
It's the same people who say it's honorable to die for their cause. I'm so totally cool with that and it's nice to know they are too.

"We commence the bombing in five minutes..." - Ronald Reagan

Megarock Radio - St. Louis Since 1998!
Tune In Now!
Corporate Radio Sucks! No suits, all rock!
MegaRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2006, 04:26   #8
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

Update (part 1)

The case is dominating the entire newsspectre in Denmark...

The latest developments

A fattwa has been declared on the Danish troops in Iraq, and they have been attacked by a roadside bomb, luckely no Danes were hurt during the incident

The Newspaper who published the drawings received a bomb threat on the Offices in Copenhagen & Århus from an English speaking man, however no bombs were found

Hamas has declared that all Scandinavian targets are legitimate until Denmark gives an unqualified appoligy

An underground "Buy Danish" compaign, to counter the Muslim boycott are spreading rapidly in the United States out from the blogosphere

Here is the original "Buy Danish campaign" blogpost, I'm not endorsing it, and not asking you to buy Danish products, however it is nice to see some sympathy outside Denmark. The Danish middle east export account for only 800 million USD, about 1% of the Danish exports, so far there have only been around 100 layoffs, worst case scenario is about 5000-10000 as far as i have gathered, a price most Danes so far a willing to pay

The Danish muslim community are spreading false drawings, much worse than the ones published, to countries in the middle east, to further add fuel to the fire. It has also surfaced that they have claimed that a Danish muslim delegation have told officials in the middle east that the newspaper is owned by the Danish government, and that the pictures are part of a official Danish smear campaign against muslims, which offcouse is very very far from the truth. Further more they have digged deep into their imagination to also come up with the allegations, that the danish goverment are rewriting the Koran and that we are making a movie about muhammed, both allegations offcourse has absolutely nothing do to with the truth - which Danish muslims very well know.

Due to the above revelations, a chain SMS' is spreading rapidly, stating that Danes should boycot muslim buisnesses, the prime minister have strongly advised against this, to avoid further escalation off the conflict.

I have a gutt feeling that bombs will go off soon, and try to avoid taking the Metro

- when i posted my im scared of muslims posts, which many unfortunantly misunderstood the motivations about, this was the sort of thing i had in mind. Giving up free speach to apease a muslim Minority - no way in hell!

personally i thought the picture of Muhammed with a bomb in the Turban was offensive, even to me as an agonistic/atheist, but the correct way to handle this would have been to take Jyllands Posten into court, not dragging the entire Muslim word into a domestic issue. Now we must stand our ground.

Last edited by ertmann|CPH; 1st February 2006 at 06:01.
Old 1st February 2006, 04:46   #9
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

Update (part 2)

here are the drawings, behind all this maddness...
(and these are the only ones that were published in Denmark)

they were featured in a center spread like this: [link] with the centre article being about free speach, and self censor ship regarding Islam

please posts your thought about the drawings, and the context, i am really interrested in opinions

Last edited by ertmann|CPH; 1st February 2006 at 05:15.
Old 1st February 2006, 08:37   #10
Doggy Dog
Canis Sapiens
(Reviewer)

Send a message via ICQ to Doggy Dog
The "We ran out of virgins!" one is hillarious, the other ones are meh. Not even that offensive, or at least I, because I'm not a muslim, can't see what's offensive about them.
Doggy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2006, 09:12   #11
JaVS_v2.5
Forum King

Send a message via Yahoo to JaVS_v2.5
Hey, I'm a muslim. Some of the cartoons maybe one of them made me felt so sad you know... how could they drews such that

Last played [offline]: Lamb of God - Nippon
-- JaVS :: h i p o t e s i s
JaVS_v2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2006, 09:50   #12
zootm
Forum King

A few of the comics look set directly to amuse (they remind me of the racist cartoons of yesteryear). I think they should be allowed (free speech, etc.), but to try and defend the comics themselves seems silly, since a few of them are just plain racist.

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2006, 11:06   #13
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

It is the usual hysterical Islamic reaction to what is a percieved attack on itself. This is the sort of bullshit that really goes some way to proving what an anachronistic religion Islam is. It has no sense of the modern world or the fact that humanity and the human spirit, our morals and where we want to be have moved on since when the Koran was written.

I don't think the Economic boycotts will do much damage to the Danish, in the long run it may end up hurting the Arabs more because i belive that if Denmark was to move its trade elsewhere, other countries (especially Scandinavian) may follow.
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2006, 11:44   #14
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Bilbo Baggins
It is the usual hysterical fundamentalist Islamic reaction to what is a percieved attack on itself. This is the sort of bullshit that really goes some way to proving how anachronistic religion ... is when taken to extremes by fundamentalists. It has no sense of the modern world or the fact that humanity and the human spirit, our morals and where we want to be have moved on since when most major religions were originally practiced.
Fixed.

Old 1st February 2006, 12:18   #15
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

These idots just keep bringing a comedy jihad upon themselves.
My nuclear response will be coming via air mail.
Old 1st February 2006, 13:15   #16
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

[indifferent voice]And in other news, the Danish embassy in Syria has been evacuated due to bomb threats[/indifferent voice]
Old 1st February 2006, 13:21   #17
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

I'm going to go buy a danish this morning in support.
Can't think of anything else Danish to buy
Old 1st February 2006, 14:59   #18
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by zootm
A few of the comics look set directly to amuse (they remind me of the racist cartoons of yesteryear). I think they should be allowed (free speech, etc.), but to try and defend the comics themselves seems silly, since a few of them are just plain racist.
So what? Racist speech isn't fucking speech?

Yes, I know many (most) Europeans consider that "free speech is one right among many", and therefore somehow not an absolute, but that is simply fucking stupid. If you can't tolerate the speech you don't like, then you don't have free speech at all.

I support the Danish newspaper which is doing this fully, and I think it's great how the Danish people are reacting to this.

I'm going to go buy some Havarti cheese tonight. Mmm... Havarti. Chev: Buy some Havarti.

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
The DMCA. It really is that bad. : Count for your life.
xzxzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2006, 15:34   #19
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by xzxzzx
So what? Racist speech isn't fucking speech?
No. I said they shouldn't be censored. I just think that there's a misconception that the Islamists had nothing to be offended at, which isn't the case. They have no right to react in such a way, of course.

It just seems to be becoming fashionable to be a bigot simply because the other side of the argument has high-profile violent bigots. That annoys me.

I absolutely do not believe that the comics should be censored or that violence is justified, no.

Quote:
Yes, I know many (most) Europeans consider that "free speech is one right among many", and therefore somehow not an absolute, but that is simply fucking stupid. If you can't tolerate the speech you don't like, then you don't have free speech at all.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Yes.

Quote:
I support the Danish newspaper which is doing this fully, and I think it's great how the Danish people are reacting to this.
I support the newspaper's refusal to apologise. I think they were bigoted assholes to have printed it in the first place, though. Just like I'd oppose a Nazi newsletter being taken off of a commercial news-stand by law, but I'd support the newsagent who refuses to stock it because he or she does not agree with it. They (should) have the choice to supply such materials without fear of violent retribution, but that doesn't stop bigots being assholes.

Explaining things is hard

Quote:
I'm going to go buy some Havarti cheese tonight. Mmm... Havarti. Chev: Buy some Havarti.
Is "Danish Bacon" not a big thing over there? I might be forced to buy some.

"Danish Bacon, Danish Bacon, yummiyummiyummiyummiyummiyummiyum!"

By complete coincidence, I name all of my home coding projects after cheeses, so that will do for my next one.

Old 1st February 2006, 17:18   #20
Mattress
Forum King

The danish muslims are spreading false drawings? But I thought the main thing the muslims had against these drawings was the fact that images of Muhammad are forbidden in Islam?

So they're breaking the rules of their own religion to make themselves more upset about people not of their religion breaking the rules of their religion?

Additionally, why are they so pissed about non-muslims breaking this rule of their religion, when non-muslims breaks Islamic rules all the time by drinking alcohol, charging interest, not covering their women, etc...

I have yet to see any danish bacon over here but if I do I will certainly buy it.
Old 1st February 2006, 17:37   #21
xzxzzx
Forum King

zootm: I believe I misunderstood you; I apologize.

Quote:
Is "Danish Bacon" not a big thing over there? I might be forced to buy some.
Danish Bacon? Not really, although it should be. If anyone knows bacon, it's the Danes - if you're ever in Denmark, look for the bacon section in a market, it's massive.

Quote:
By complete coincidence, I name all of my home coding projects after cheeses, so that will do for my next one.
Excellent. Make it something cool!

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
Old 1st February 2006, 17:58   #22
zootm
Forum King

To clarify, the "yummiyummi..." quote was the jingle from TV advertising for Danish Bacon.

Old 1st February 2006, 18:22   #23
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

I buy DAK canned bacon occasionally. Its real good!

I'll buy more now to support the effort!

Idiot's Advocate
My site (under construction)
CaboWaboAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2006, 20:30   #24
zootm
Forum King

Here's a happy update for those interested.

Old 1st February 2006, 21:09   #25
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

Translated this Editorial from the Danish tabloid Extra Bladet, it's spot on a lot of the feelings and thoughts i have on this matter.

Quote:
Saudi Arabia has been hurt, and have chosen to recall their ambassador from Denmark. The country's citizens feel offended, because a newspaper thousands of kilometers away have published 12 scetches of their profet. They feel a smear campaign have bean launched against their religion, and now they demand and apology.

One could say, that they merely needed not to look at the pictures, and they probably wouldn't have, if it haden't been because a bunch of Danish muslims actually travelled around the globe to show them the offensive drawings - and a few additional ones that hadn't been printed in Danish newspapers.

But what kind of country is it, which holds such great respect for religious feelings, and feel obligated to guide others in decent behaviour?

In Saudi Arabia there is no freedom of religion, which means you can't wear a crusifix around your neck, neither the Danish flag for that matter can be worn in public, because it too features a cross. The Saudis have even made christmas trees illigal.

And we all know how dangerous those things are for the public moral.

Naturally, all religious litterature, except for what is authorized by the goverment are banned, you can even be imprisoned for owning a Bible.

In Saudia Arabia they strictly adhere to the Islamic Sharia philosophy, which means grand larceny are punished by relieving the offenders of their right hand. Are anyone caught in adultery they are punished by whipping or they are stoned to death, the latter punishment also applies for homosexuals.

Woman are neither allowed to drive a car or bike, they have no suffrage, and if they want a passport, it requires the approval of their husband.

Saudi Arabia is ruled dictatorially by the royal family and religious leaders, who has stopped the clock somewhere in the dark middle ages, political parties and labor unions are prophibited, human rights are an unknown term, and freedom of speach are equalled with blasphemi.

And now, this darkened, and intollorant country are demanding an appology from Denmark, if the background weren't so serious, and the hysteria growing at an alarming rate, it would be nothing but rediculus.
Old 1st February 2006, 21:16   #26
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
To clarify, the "yummiyummi..." quote was the jingle from TV advertising for Danish Bacon.
Ah. Funny, it seems kind of Danish...

Thanks for the translation, ertmann... I agree with you. The hypocrisy in Saudi Arabia's reaction is incredible.

Old 1st February 2006, 21:17   #27
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

Quote:

Idiot's Advocate
My site (under construction)
CaboWaboAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2006, 21:49   #28
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Havarti?

Is that a fuggin' hatchback or something?
Old 1st February 2006, 23:13   #29
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

Next time I'm in the supermarket, I will buy myself some danish bacon.

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2006, 02:11   #30
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

One question, if its illegal to make any drawings/pictures of the profet, who knows what the profet looks like?

OK, one more, how do they know the cartoons are of the profet?
Wildrose-Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2006, 03:00   #31
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Good point.
Old 2nd February 2006, 03:49   #32
Mattress
Forum King

Quote:

Quote:
But late on Wednesday its [France Soir's] owner, Raymond Lakah, said he had removed managing editor Jacques Lefranc "as a powerful sign of respect for the intimate beliefs and convictions of every individual".
Multiculturalism trumps freedom of speech/press, pathetic.
Old 2nd February 2006, 13:04   #33
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

This whole episode largely proves that European governments are scared shitless of Islam and will bend over backwards to appease any Islamic theocracy or "democracy" that happens to find fault with how Europe is run.
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2006, 13:24   #34
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by ElChevelle
Havarti?

Is that a fuggin' hatchback or something?
It's the most scrum-didllyumchous cheese there is. Voted so by 9/10 of Oompa Loompas.

Old 2nd February 2006, 14:01   #35
Mattress
Forum King

Quote:
Oompa Loompas
you bastard!

That song is going to be in my head all day now.
Old 2nd February 2006, 14:56   #36
siebe83
Forum King

The funny thing is these pics are now spread out all over the world exactly because of these idiotic reactions from the muslim world. If they hadn't reacted this way, hardly anyone would have noticed their existence...

And although I think Bilbo exaggerates a bit, I do agree the attitude of most European governments could be more firm. Everyone (especially politicians) seems to be trying to appease only, instead of clearly siding with the Danish newspaper. We (Europeans) all think they should have the right to publish those pics, they have that right, so defend it.

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2006, 20:59   #37
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

Muhammad Cartoon Gallery
papadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2006, 13:58   #38
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
In Saudia Arabia they strictly adhere to the Islamic Sharia philosophy, which means grand larceny are punished by relieving the offenders of their right hand. Are anyone caught in adultery they are punished by whipping or they are stoned to death, the latter punishment also applies for homosexuals.
These guys are offended by the funnies in a Danish newspaper?.

The Danes must apologize. We certainly wouldn't want to offend the dirty bastards.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2006, 17:11   #39
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

US enters cartoon row, sides with muslims
Old 3rd February 2006, 17:39   #40
Mattress
Forum King

I guess you could argue that freedom of expression doesn't cover incitments to violence, which was sort of the point of the initial publishing of some of these cartoons.

But I still think that the violence/anger that is the response to these cartoons is the responsibility of the muslims and not those who published the cartoons.

I expect after this statement from the state dept that lots of press in this country will also republish the cartoons in support of the press in europe and in defiance of the US government.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News