Old 3rd February 2006, 18:02   #41
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by ertmann|CPH
US enters cartoon row, sides with muslims
Welcome to the politcally correct government of the United States of America. Please leave your balls in the collection bin.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mattress
I guess you could argue that freedom of expression doesn't cover incitments to violence, which was sort of the point of the initial publishing of some of these cartoons.
No you can't. These weren't cartoons showing the prophet Muhammed being stabbed by Danish citizens. The article did not say "so if you see a muslim, stab him in the throat". I don't pretend to know Danish law, but by US law, these cartoons are perfectly legal (unless you an use them to circumvent the protection of a DVD...)

Quote:
I expect after this statement from the state dept that lots of press in this country will also republish the cartoons in support of the press in europe and in defiance of the US government.
Let's hope.

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
The DMCA. It really is that bad. : Count for your life.
xzxzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2006, 18:10   #42
zootm
Forum King

Interestingly, the UK does have (relatively new) laws with the intent to cut down on incitement to violence. It's a strange area of legislation.

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2006, 18:21   #43
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

from some random article, featuring interviews with muslims about their feelings.

"People are upset and angry. After the 11 September terrorism, all of that, there are certain sensitivities. Muslims everywhere feel hurt by it."

What.... The.... Fuck?

So we are wrong because some (fundamentalist) muslims decided to ram themselves into the world trade center, wearing a plane, and tons of fuel?

I absolutely can't get my head around that comment, they aren't exactly helping on the sympathy for the Muslims right now, atleast not in Europe.
ertmann|CPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2006, 19:42   #44
Mattress
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by xzxzzx
No you can't. These weren't cartoons showing the prophet Muhammed being stabbed by Danish citizens. The article did not say "so if you see a muslim, stab him in the throat". I don't pretend to know Danish law, but by US law, these cartoons are perfectly legal (unless you an use them to circumvent the protection of a DVD...)
Maybe it could be more akin to yelling fire in a crowded theater when there is no fire. I'm not saying I agree with the state dept, I'm just saying there is a somewhat valid argument there.
Quote:
Originally posted by xzxzzx
Let's hope.
Might as well get the clash of civilizations into full swing sonner rather than later.
Mattress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2006, 17:02   #45
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

Danish Embassy in Syria set ablaze

Old 4th February 2006, 18:43   #46
Doggy Dog
Canis Sapiens
(Reviewer)

Send a message via ICQ to Doggy Dog
Ooooh, they attacked Danish ground. That's basically declaring war on Denmark. Because of some bloody drawings. How bright and peaceful of them.
Doggy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2006, 19:02   #47
MegaRock
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to MegaRock Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRock
Everyone needs to just start treating these fuckers the way they treat the rest of the world. Kill them.

Megarock Radio - St. Louis Since 1998!
Tune In Now!
Corporate Radio Sucks! No suits, all rock!
MegaRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2006, 11:15   #48
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

Danish General Consulate in Beirut, Lebanon, torched

Old 5th February 2006, 11:45   #49
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Is Mohammed actually Satan?
These fuckers sure do carry out alot of violence for him
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2006, 12:16   #50
taylormemer
made his slipknot mask in woodwork class
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to taylormemer Send a message via AIM to taylormemer Send a message via Yahoo to taylormemer
I can't stand this rediculousism. It's rediculious. I'm sorry to hear such terrible news, it just shows how sad this world really is. I wonder when we'll reach the StarTrek era where everyone treats one another with respect and money doesn't exist.

DeviantART|¤¤|DS-Lair|¤¤|Dissectional|¤¤|Pearl Drums|¤¤|Viralsound|¤¤|PabUK
Hey you! Don't tell me there's no hope at all. Together we stand, divided we fall.My PLAYLIST

MSN: taylor.jake@hotmail.com
taylormemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2006, 12:42   #51
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Not in my lifetime, but one can dream.

Many of the alien species on the show commented on how humankind was incapable of peace and I think they're right.
Old 5th February 2006, 14:00   #52
Doggy Dog
Canis Sapiens
(Reviewer)

Send a message via ICQ to Doggy Dog
What's funny is that just about every Muslim you meet / talk to claims that Islam propagates peace, that we're all brothers and crap like that.

The situation's eerily similar to that hillarious scene in "Mars Attacks!" where aliens run around killing and torching, while saying through the "translators" stuff like "We come in peace!".
Doggy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2006, 14:38   #53
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Allah Allah Aaack Aaaackbar!

The huge craniums are resemblant to turbins.
Old 5th February 2006, 15:28   #54
c2R
Stereotype?
(Forum King)

It appears that dealing with them is like children. On the one hand they want to be treated like human beings, and on the other hand they throw a tantrum, trash the place and give out threats and warnings like "remember September the 11th" when faced with a little satire...

It's just pathetic.
c2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2006, 21:45   #55
Smeggle
Just Strolling By
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally posted by zootm
To clarify, the "yummiyummi..." quote was the jingle from TV advertising for Danish Bacon.
Which only reached the top 100 in the Isreali national charts.....:whistles:

Only way to teach the clowns in my opinion is to 'Nuke Em' all right... with more of the same...

Let the merriment be unleashed, Declare the 'Cartoon Jihad' (No wait - thats them, shit) declare the 'Cartoon Nuke' - damn, can't do that - thats 'Inciting Racism' - ang on? but it's ok for them? figures somehow...

pssst: start producing those cartoons...
The Pro-Fet Mummahamed

Look heres one of that mummhammy geezers mush - it's there in the 'Towel' (He may have worn this btw hence the energy leaving it's impression) - you can just make it out looking from top to bottom - definately looks like him to me...

tra la la la ...ducks quickly --- FooK that was flying low.....

Music is Life, Love and Happiness :|: Life is Music. Serren - 1985 - 2005
Religion? Religion is a Blasphemy against humanity - From the film What the Bleep do we know

siggy link So stumbling? whats it all about
Smeggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2006, 22:38   #56
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

Quote:
Danish troops in Iraq stationed around Basra came under attack , while they were trying to aid serveral Iraqi children who had been hit by a truck, The Danish troops returned the fire, aiming above the attackers heads, until they were able to safely evacuate the children to the nearest hospital.

The Danish troops, who has been widely commended for their diplomatic skills, having the one of the best relations with the local population of any coalition troops, has rarely had confrontations with Iraqis until Iraqi media began reporting on the controversial muhammed drawings last week.

The Danish troops have launched a massive information campaign, aimed at maintaining the good relations with locals, but unfortunantly they can only be said to have been a partial success, the Armys press secratariat acknowledges.

The attacks come after roadside bombings aimed at the Danish troops last week
fuck it, they we're helping wounded children for God sakes , what kind of idiots fires at their own kids, to promote a political agenda?
Old 6th February 2006, 05:56   #57
hgnis
Hobbit Humper
Forum King

http://www.faithfreedom.org/oped/kw60203.htm

The same kind that flies planes into buildings, preaches purity then beds as many non muslim women because they have money and it is "not a sin" of course.

I am so important I feel the need to let it be known like a liberal discovering the internets for the first time. Uh hur hur hur. I also wash myself with a rag on a stick.
Realitybites
<3
hgnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2006, 14:27   #58
Mattress
Forum King

Islam the tolerant, heh.

Once again, the Onion proves prophetic; this is from 1997.
Old 6th February 2006, 15:43   #59
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Once again, the Onion proves prophetic; this is from 1997.
Your connecting of that to this is just ignorant, to be fair.

Old 6th February 2006, 16:11   #60
Mattress
Forum King

well it seems like the muslims are reacting in extremist/terrorist ways in protest of being depicted as extremist/terrorist.
Old 6th February 2006, 16:17   #61
zootm
Forum King

Well the actual case is that some Muslims are acting in extremist ways but the vast majority are not.

You can thank me later.

Old 6th February 2006, 16:33   #62
Mattress
Forum King

got any numbers for us?

Anyway the point still stands, those who seem to be taking the most offense at being portrayed as terrorists are justifying the portrayal by behaving like terrorists.
Old 6th February 2006, 17:10   #63
rockouthippie
Banned

Lets see:

They're upset that we're picking on Allah.

They're running around burning down embassies and killing people. Hmmm.... that sounds normal.

So what's the downside?.

We can shoot them with a clear conscience.

Apology:

"I'm sorry were going to have to shoot you if you continue to be assholes."
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2006, 18:44   #64
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
well it seems like the muslims are reacting in extremist/terrorist ways in protest of being depicted as extremist/terrorist.
Heh. Pretty funny, no?

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
Old 6th February 2006, 18:54   #65
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Anyway the point still stands, those who seem to be taking the most offense at being portrayed as terrorists are justifying the portrayal by behaving like terrorists.
Burning down embassies is not terrorist behaviour, it's rebel behaviour, I'd say. That is, if the government was attempting to stop them.

Old 6th February 2006, 19:06   #66
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

Assorted news:

Danish embasy in Iran attacked, police have so far managed to defend the main building.

This is happening while Iran cuts of all economic relations and trade with Denmark

searching for the link for the first story in English speaking media, i found this poll on CNN
Quote:
What is more important?

Respect for religious beliefs, 32% (34314 votes)
Freedom of expression, 68% (73164 votes)
Total: 107478 votes
On the ground report:

Most Danes are defiant and moving together, and internally only one very left wing newspaper sides with religious tollerance, the daily Information, they have also released 12 drawings of our prime minister. (English translations and explanations available if you click the drawings)

5000 moderate Muslims and native Danes, among them many local celebreties took the street today, to protest against the escaltion, and promote mutual understanding of the issue.

Most people feel indifferent to muslim boycotts as our trade with the affected countries are very limited, however there is naturally a growing fear of terrorist attacks, especially after seeing the London protests so close to home.

The American ambassador has denounced the declerations of the American foreign department, and stated on National TV that the American people fully supports the Danish people and the efforts of the Danish goverment. Jaques Chirac, Tony Blair and NATO sectretary general Jaap Hoop has also declared their support after the embassy burnings.

Last edited by ertmann|CPH; 6th February 2006 at 19:53.
Old 6th February 2006, 19:32   #67
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

The fuckers are just plain bored and have nothing like Paris Hilton or Janet Jackson's tit to bitch about.

GET A LIFE, RAGHEAD!
Old 6th February 2006, 19:36   #68
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by ertmann|CPH
Most Danes are defiant and moving together, and internally only one very left wing newspaper sides with religious tollerance, the daily Information, and have released 12 drawings of our prime minister. (English translations and explanations available if you click the drawings)
Huh. Seems almost like they're in support of the free speech rights...

Old 6th February 2006, 22:22   #69
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

the embassy in Tehran

Furious Muslims once again took to the streets on Monday. One protester was killed in Afghanistan in clashes with police. Another person died at the weekend when flames forced him to jump from the burning Danish consulate in Beirut.aljazeera.net

Serves him right....

Last edited by ertmann|CPH; 6th February 2006 at 23:31.
Old 6th February 2006, 22:24   #70
zootm
Forum King

Pretty horrific stuff. Crazy.

Old 6th February 2006, 22:34   #71
korupted
Banned

They have a right to be mad. What would you do if people posted pictures of Jesus doing wrong? All they want is the drawers to be trialed. Also, not all Muslims are terrorist, if a few blew up a building, it doesn't mean they all support them or act as they do.

Religion is serious.

Im not a hater and I respect all the religions in the world.
korupted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2006, 22:36   #72
Cylob
Forum Music King
(Forum King)

Muslims (in Belgium) have recently published pictures of Anne Frank in bed with Hitler.

This time last year a war on Iran was out of the question, thanks to the extremists it's becoming more and more possible.

Think of it this way, islamic extremism, in the end, will only work against islam.

Secret Snacker & Accomplished Pen Thief At:
Cylob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2006, 22:39   #73
korupted
Banned

And the muslims that do not support extremism, what do they have to do with it?

People here are saying to "Kill them all."

Also, Hitler isnt a prophet.
Old 6th February 2006, 22:40   #74
Cylob
Forum Music King
(Forum King)

Yeah, well.

Old 6th February 2006, 22:47   #75
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally posted by korupted
They have a right to be mad. What would you do if people posted pictures of Jesus doing wrong? All they want is the drawers to be trialed. Also, not all Muslims are terrorist, if a few blew up a building, it doesn't mean they all support them or act as they do.
I am mad that the gentle, peaceful, religion of Islam allows the torture and murder of people for being homosexual (or in some countries just a different religion). Does that mean I have the right to march down to the Iranian embassy in London and set fire to it?
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2006, 22:51   #76
Cylob
Forum Music King
(Forum King)

Some religions are inclusive, others exclusive.

Having said that, perhaps we're looking for a new Cold War?

Old 6th February 2006, 22:55   #77
korupted
Banned

If your cathloic and your homosexual you go to hell. Its not just in Islam.

"I am mad that the gentle, peaceful, religion of Islam allows the torture and murder of people for being homosexual (or in some countries just a different religion). Does that mean I have the right to march down to the Iranian embassy in London and set fire to it?"

The Iranians never made fun of anyones religion.

Ive found out they hate the U.S because of the support they give to Israel, which makes sence because of the war with the palestians.

Thanks
Old 6th February 2006, 23:01   #78
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

I don't think you understood my post at all.
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2006, 23:05   #79
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by Cylob
Some religions are inclusive, others exclusive.

Having said that, perhaps we're looking for a new Cold War?
I'd rephrase that to "perhaps we're looking at a new cold war"

Quote:
korupted

The Iranians never made fun of anyones religion.
But Saudia Arabia and other countries on the Arabian penisula bans Christian symbols, that's really tollerant
Old 6th February 2006, 23:05   #80
korupted
Banned

Im very busy and I proably wont reply again but it was nice talking.

Dont hate
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News