Old 28th May 2002, 05:47   #1
Elementaluk

Send a message via Yahoo to Elementaluk
Eminem @ it again

Yo Slim's new album ain't got that copy protect sh*t on it cause i bought it on monday and it went on my computer no problem.

I hate the arses that copy or download eminem's album because i think he's the only music artist that deserves every penny for his music but as for all the pop lovers download music as much as you can try not to pay for it as cardboard cut out stars dont deserve sh*t.

yo if u ain't bought Eminem's album yet u gotta get it...there ain't 1 song on it that is sh*t...but u gotta expect that from Eminem now so far he hasn't released a album that sucks.

-Vince

P.S. i got it on monday cause it came out in the UK on monday
Elementaluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2002, 10:14   #2
fwgx
Rudolf the Red.
(Forum King)

Re: Eminem @ it again

Quote:
Originally posted by Elementaluk
i think he's the only music artist that deserves every penny for his music
Err... dude you are really stupid. There are thousands of artists that deserve more credit for their work than a dumbass swearing tit like mnm. His music has no musical skill or merit invlolved in it. His lyrics are awful drivel about people giving him bad press and how good some guy called Dr Dre. Now stop the advertising and go listen to some proper music by artists who write their own material and are talented.

.: fwgx.co.uk.:.My art:.

"We think science is interesting and if you disagree, you can fuck off."
fwgx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2002, 10:23   #3
Rocker
Hiding in plain sight (mod)

Re: Eminem @ it again

Quote:
I hate the arses that copy or download eminem's album because i think he's the only music artist that deserves every penny
Record labels 80%....artists 20%

don't pay for the record labels...

where's a record label that doesn't suck?
Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2002, 16:54   #4
Merlin
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
(Forum King)

Re: Re: Eminem @ it again

Quote:
Originally posted by Phily Baby
Now stop the advertising and go listen to some proper music by artists who write their own material and are talented.

I hate the arses who just listen to Ja Rule and Eminem because it is cool to do so. I prefer music, like Phily said, that takes talent to produce. You can't have a go at people who listen to cheesy pop, because the only difference between that and rap/hiphop is the style of the lyrics. The artists and the actual music are still manufactured.

as he faced the sun, he cast no shadow
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2002, 17:20   #5
s1138
Alumni?

Send a message via ICQ to s1138 Send a message via AIM to s1138 Send a message via Yahoo to s1138
i downloaded the entire album before it was release. i have no intent to buy it.. and i still havent listened to it.

s1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2002, 22:40   #6
sorrycracka

this new album of his is crap, do yourself a favor and just download it and see; don't waste your money. he didn't even bother to write any rhymes, he just sings the chorus over n over n over again (5 min of that sh*t). all the tracks are like that, except the one with a video (without me).
sorrycracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2002, 22:52   #7
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

50 years from now...people will only remember MnM's,
as little colored candy that come in a bag.
Nothing more, nothing less.
papadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2002, 23:08   #8
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni

Send a message via ICQ to Xerxes
Agreed. When people hear "Eminem", it will evoke the same feelings as vanilla ice does today.

"I cant believe I bought the CD"
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2002, 23:51   #9
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

People will hang themselves, or revert to masturbation because they bought Eminem "music". Save yourself, and a few whales, and give him the push.
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2002, 00:00   #10
Elementaluk

god dammit u little mother fu*kers if u aint got nothin nice ta say then dont say nothin.

aight yo 1 slim has his own record company (Shady Records) so that 80% label is bullsh*t.

and the chorus over and over is the PROMO tracks dumbass so u must of downloaded they songs.

and btw dont dis the album until u've listened to it.

and all in all yall sound like a bunch o morons that dont know good music when they hear it but thats u's think and i guess everyone's entitled to there own say but it sounds like yall prefer cardboard to talent and skill
Old 29th May 2002, 00:03   #11
Elementaluk

oh yea "Save the Whales"? who the fuck wants to save the amercian ppl...there all WHALES...or fat b*stards...1 o them
Old 29th May 2002, 00:24   #12
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni

Are you calling eminem a whale?

ah, ahaha, i DO amuse myself so...
Old 29th May 2002, 00:30   #13
Elementaluk

uhh yea i guess i am
Old 29th May 2002, 00:31   #14
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

Such mastery of language and articulation...
looks just like the intelligent lyrics of eminem...
Old 29th May 2002, 00:41   #15
fwgx
Rudolf the Red.
(Forum King)

If I were a girl and I brought mnm round for dinner my Mum would love him and think he's a real sweel guy.. After all if you're really rich you can't possibly be a bad or talentless piece of shit.

Go download som of these artists:

Tool
Behotovan
Mozart
Metallica
Sepultura
Smashing Pumpkins
James taylot
Eric Clapton
Led Zepplin
AC/DC
Van Halen
No. 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999, mnm - the talentless shit.

.: fwgx.co.uk.:.My art:.

"We think science is interesting and if you disagree, you can fuck off."
fwgx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2002, 00:55   #16
Elementaluk

Tool
Behotovan
Mozart
Metallica
Sepultura
Smashing Pumpkins
James taylot
Eric Clapton
Led Zepplin
AC/DC
Van Halen
??

aight u takin the piss right?
Old 29th May 2002, 01:01   #17
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni

And with that, is there anymore reason to continue arguing?
Old 29th May 2002, 01:15   #18
Elementaluk

no really...kinda sick o arguin wif Eminem haters guess EVERYONE just has to face facts...everyone has different tastes in music and there ain't nothin anyone can say will change that but no matter what yall do Eminem will always be in ure face
Old 29th May 2002, 17:09   #19
rm'
Banned

I like Blue Cheese.
rm' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2002, 17:23   #20
Banjo

heyo, to the doop who started this topic: Eminem is pop, to call him anything else is disrespecting hip-hop and music as a whole; oh and it also makes you a complete arse.

I got a copy of the Eminem album, not because i wanted it, but some just gave a me a copy of it, and i binned it, there wasn't a decent track on it. But then again, i wasn't surprised due to past experience.

Eminem sucks, i would say get some real hip-hop, but i won't bother since you obviously have no desire to by like eminem, so i would prefer it if you just killed yourself or something.
Banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2002, 17:45   #21
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

The last 12 words of your post are a little harsh, don't you think?
Old 29th May 2002, 17:48   #22
Banjo

no, i speak the truth
Banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2002, 23:40   #23
EMINEM IZ GOD

YOU EMINEM HATERZ SUCK

Quote:
Originally posted by sorrycracka
this new album of his is crap, do yourself a favor and just download it and see; don't waste your money. he didn't even bother to write any rhymes, he just sings the chorus over n over n over again (5 min of that sh*t). all the tracks are like that, except the one with a video (without me).
lol your funny thats why you dont DOWNLOAD f'ing songs 70% of them are fake and just so you know the songs do have lyrics and not just the chorus over and over RETARD !! Also you gay he calaberated with his daughter halie , dre, and other artists on this album.

Quote:
People will hang themselves, or revert to masturbation because they bought Eminem "music". Save yourself, and a few whales, and give him the push.
Uhm. Get a f'ing girlfriend you HOMO ! This cd is the SHIT !

Quote:
s1138 i downloaded the entire album before it was release. i have no intent to buy it.. and i still havent listened to it.
i also downloaded the whole cd (FULL) and i still bought 2 copys...

Quote:
Yo Slim's new album ain't got that copy protect sh*t on it cause i bought it on monday and it went on my computer no problem.

I hate the arses that copy or download eminem's album because i think he's the only music artist that deserves every penny for his music but as for all the pop lovers download music as much as you can try not to pay for it as cardboard cut out stars dont deserve sh*t.

yo if u ain't bought Eminem's album yet u gotta get it...there ain't 1 song on it that is sh*t...but u gotta expect that from Eminem now so far he hasn't released a album that sucks.

-Vince

P.S. i got it on monday cause it came out in the UK on monday
YES I AGREE !

Quote:
I hate the arses who just listen to Ja Rule and Eminem because it is cool to do so. I prefer music, like Phily said, that takes talent to produce. You can't have a go at people who listen to cheesy pop, because the only difference between that and rap/hiphop is the style of the lyrics. The artists and the actual music are still manufactured.
\

lol its cool to listen to rap/hip-hop ? i listen to it because its good music.ill say this not all rap/hip-hop is good but EMINEM is god and i will back him up till the day i die.

Quote:
Agreed. When people hear "Eminem", it will evoke the same feelings as vanilla ice does today.

"I cant believe I bought the CD"
theres a diff between Ice and Slim the diff is SLim is good and Ice plain out stole songs and sucked.
EMINEM IZ GOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2002, 23:44   #24
EMINEM IZ GOD

Quote:
Originally posted by Banjo
heyo, to the doop who started this topic: Eminem is pop, to call him anything else is disrespecting hip-hop and music as a whole; oh and it also makes you a complete arse.

I got a copy of the Eminem album, not because i wanted it, but some just gave a me a copy of it, and i binned it, there wasn't a decent track on it. But then again, i wasn't surprised due to past experience.

Eminem sucks, i would say get some real hip-hop, but i won't bother since you obviously have no desire to by like eminem, so i would prefer it if you just killed yourself or something.
uhm lol all the tracks are good and me kill my self ? i wont kill my self because of what i listen to ill kill my self over a bitch but not of what i listen to
EMINEM IZ GOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2002, 02:33   #25
John M
Puts the Cuss in General Discussions
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to John M
in all my years i have never seen such a ghetto scot.
John M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2002, 02:34   #26
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni

aye, laddie/nigga!
Old 30th May 2002, 06:52   #27
Elementaluk

aight yo cant believe ppl are still up on this subject aight thought this shit stopped yestarday.

ok 1 this is bullshit -
"Eminem is pop"

yea sure he's HALF pop and HALF rap in other words he puts both styles of music in his Rhymes

and this - "Eminem sucks, i would say get some real hip-hop, but i won't bother since you obviously have no desire to by like eminem, so i would prefer it if you just killed yourself or something."

aight get this - most ppl that listen to Eminem also listen to other Rap artists and in ure opinion whats real hip-hop? and as for killin myself...u cant get everything u want

yo thanks Eminem iz god its about time i got someone to back me up i was startin to think everyone was Eminem haterz
Old 30th May 2002, 10:20   #28
John M
Puts the Cuss in General Discussions
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to John M
yeah, woo woo homies, all j00 hataz can eat a dick sandwidch!!

John M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2002, 10:22   #29
steak
Major Dude

Well the old Eminem argument, just had to stick in my 2c

Personally I can’t see what the big deal is with him, in my view he’s just a guy that’s trying to get his records sold to adolescent teenagers that are trying to rebel against something that they can’t find.

You can tell this by the forums over at eminem.com one Moby forumer said that “the shit of the internet go over there to take a dump” and I couldn’t agree more, go and take a look at the quality of posts there compared to the ones here at winamp.com (that is if you can bare to get passed all the forced “looped beats” )

And I wouldn’t classify his sounds as music; real music comes from the greats like Beethoven, Mozart and Rossini, to the (relatively) modern greats like Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, Moby, Sting and the Police. That music sounds nice, is easy to listen to, is un-offensive, can be beautiful and can inspire all the best feelings in someone, music is supposed to sooth the savage beast, not enrage it.

And I don’t care if some little whining teenager decides that he is going to try and rebel against me and tell me to stick my Beethoven where the sun don’t shine, or put's 's next to thier names, because I know that you need some intelligence to appreciate music like that, and no little brat is going to change my mind on that issue.

To quote Phisherman in a really old topic on the winamp forums “any average loser can set up a drum loop and start rhyming and make tons of Money.” And it’s true, anyone can swear into a microphone as well, hell I could do it and get a lot of people pissed off but I don’t want to, I would prefer to express myself in more mature and constructive ways, if we don’t do this society will fall in around us. Yo.

And it is true, Eminem’s sounds aren’t really pop, it doesn’t have that whiney ultra-sonic sound to it (well in some of it, it does but in most, not) it’s just made the same way, i.e. synthesised manufactured backing beats and a song that the leading ‘artist’ didn’t write.

I guess it all comes down to taste in the end, but if I want to hear crap I’ll turn the volume up on my toilet

steak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2002, 11:28   #30
Elementaluk

Quote:
Personally I can’t see what the big deal is with him, in my view he’s just a guy that’s trying to get his records sold to adolescent teenagers that are trying to rebel against something that they can’t find.
kinda agree apart from the rebel part...teenagers aren't tryin to rebel, teenagers are tryin to see how fast they can get drunk or how many times they can get there hole, we ain't tryin to rebel against anything aight...that was the 60's the decade ure stuck in or 80's can't decide

aight i thought that dude before was takin the piss but it seems the music world will crumble if ppl start listening to music that was made before my fuckin gran was born (Beethoven) but no i ain't gonna tell ya where ta shove it but the thought is there :P and yea sure anyone can swear into a microphone but not that many ppl can make it sound good and who would wanna listenin to you
Old 30th May 2002, 12:35   #31
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

Boy, I hadn't seen such a pathetic thread in a long time

Anyway, Elementaluk, EMINEM IZ GOD and Banjo, consider yourself warned. I won't tolerate any more of your respective shit in this thread or elsewhere.
Twilightseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2002, 12:38   #32
Neko
Major Dude

listen to ayumi hamasaki, i said so
Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2002, 12:40   #33
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

Quote:
EMINEM IS GOD sez with a degree of some stupidity:
Uhm. Get a f'ing girlfriend you HOMO ! This cd is the SHIT
And how do you know I haven't got a girlfriend? Perhaps it is you that needs to get out of the house a bit more, and make some fwends. If you weren't such an arrogant tit, then people might actually like you.
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2002, 12:49   #34
Neko
Major Dude

It's my prediction that for a while now eminem has sucked, and yet teenagers who want to look "all that" and "cool", continue to listen to it full blast in their bedroom because he swears alot, this symbolising some kind of retort against society, well, locking yourself in your bedroom listening to noise isnt going to make a dent on the social and economical streams which are the day to day eventualities which surround your bedroom yet fail to enter, because much like small animals, socially acceptable people cower from those whome attack others with words like "im gonna kap your azz y0".
all in all, when youve grown some and one side of your head has lesser hearing than the other, and your sat on your ass at home with minimal friends, of which still wear their pants around there ass and smoke sticks of pencil and call their abode "crib", you may actually open a window that blows the smoke of weed from your eyes and help your inept cereberal core realise you just bought an expensive coaster, when aol deliver them free every 30 days that seems rather pointless now doesnt it .
Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2002, 14:47   #35
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by raydream
It's my prediction that for a while now eminem has sucked, and yet teenagers who want to look "all that" and "cool", continue to listen to it full blast in their bedroom because he swears alot, this symbolising some kind of retort against society, well, locking yourself in your bedroom listening to noise isnt going to make a dent on the social and economical streams which are the day to day eventualities which surround your bedroom yet fail to enter, because much like small animals, socially acceptable people cower from those whome attack others with words like "im gonna kap your azz y0".
all in all, when youve grown some and one side of your head has lesser hearing than the other, and your sat on your ass at home with minimal friends, of which still wear their pants around there ass and smoke sticks of pencil and call their abode "crib", you may actually open a window that blows the smoke of weed from your eyes and help your inept cereberal core realise you just bought an expensive coaster, when aol deliver them free every 30 days that seems rather pointless now doesnt it .
I think this well written banter...
will fly right over his head.
Old 30th May 2002, 15:32   #36
Anakha

<sound src="Klaxton.mp3">
Warning! Lurker Delurking!
</sound>

Ah, Music. What a convoluted subject.

Right. Here's where I stand.

As it stands right now, I'm currently listening to Pink Floyd's "The Wall" (Prog Rock at it's best IMHO), and I like pretty much anything going, however I do have certain criteria.
  • Must have discernible lyrics, if lyrics are present (No foreign Opera, please)
  • Must have a discernable melody
  • Must have a meaning
  • Must not induce mindlessness (Not "Doop", for instance)
  • Must not be self-congratulatory ("Look at me, I'm great, buy my songs" and the like. Ego's are things best kept to one-self)
  • Must vary between verses
  • Must not be too "Harsh" (Someone screaming down the mike for a full 3 minutes is NOT music)

Some music is borderline, and I do have to be in the right mood for it, but very oftem I'll listen to some "Dance" music, if I'm in an up-tempo mood. Occasionally, I'll even listen to an Eminem song.

BUT I prefer other music to those types.

Some Metallica I like (Where the Wild Things Are, Nothing Else Matters, Prince Charming, For Whom The Bell Tolls), and everything through to Beethoven (Moonlight Sonata, Brandenburg Concerto) Via The Prodigy (Breathe, Firestarter) and various others.

But that's just me.
Old 30th May 2002, 15:37   #37
Elementaluk

...seems most ppl in this forum are over 40 or gay

Great Software shit forum

and btw i only started this thread to say how great Eminem's ablum was i didn't ask for faggit reply's from ppl over 40
Old 30th May 2002, 17:15   #38
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

Such flattery will get you nowhere.
I'm quite certain you can't say anything to me, or about me,
that I haven't already said to or about myself.
But I appreciate it anyway.

Now, how can we ever take you seriously,
when you seem to feel the need to use multiple names,
and post as different people.
Are you searching for your real place in life,
an identity you can proudly hold on to?
Personally, I don't think you'll find it in mnm's music.
But I suppose we all start somewhere.
We all need something to hold on to,
in a particular place and time of our life.

But, hey, don't pay any attention to me...
I'm just an old, tired, worn out hippie,
who's lived my life in and around music,
studying, writing, playing, recording, reviewing, and so on.
I'm just wondering around lost in the modern times...
"searching for my lost shaker of salt."
Old 30th May 2002, 17:18   #39
Usual Suspect

Send a message via AIM to Usual Suspect
Eminem Sucks Top 25

Eminem Sucks Top 25 webpage
.......enough said
Usual Suspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2002, 19:32   #40
c2R
Stereotype?
(Forum King)

Quote:
...seems most ppl in this forum are over 40 or gay

Great Software shit forum

and btw i only started this thread to say how great Eminem's ablum was i didn't ask for faggit reply's from ppl over 40
Noone asked you to come here. I doubt your hero slim would approve anyway, seeing as he's anti-mp3.

One day you'll grow out of his music though, just as eight year olds will grow out of Steps and Hear-say.
c2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News