Old 1st June 2002, 14:55   #81
zootm
Forum King

Re: Re: Eminem @ it again

Quote:
Originally posted by rm'
I don't know about you, but that seems to be a pretty controversial statement... calling every musician except for Menime worthless.
yeah, i think that was what started the argument. proving him all kinds of wrong...

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2002, 15:04   #82
blacky2000

Send a message via ICQ to blacky2000 Send a message via AIM to blacky2000 Send a message via Yahoo to blacky2000
Wow...

If you're not a musician / artist, you shouldn't be commenting on who deserves the music more. You don't share the same perspective as the end user. If you aren't into hip hop, then don't bash it.. period. It's not your thing... that's all there is to it. All because I don't happen to enjoy Country music doesn't mean it is shit; it just means that I can't relate to the music. I believe those artists are just as great as the artists I prefer.

Then there are monkeys out here they wish to bash Eminem because he has turned mainstream, and believe that he wouldn't be regarded as much 50 years from now. I highly doubt that.. not because he's Eminem.. I don't really care who he is. But, his following right now is so huge and has been building since 1995. That's 7 years of people's lives you're saying that will be rejected as the 2 time chart topper Vanilla Ice? .. C'mon, all because you're not one of the followers doesn't mean you have any right to discredit anyone or their fans. It's time to open your eyes... grow up.

"I don't own a Honda, never driven a Honda, never gave Honda a chance, and I know nothing about them... but I can say that Honda's suck." -- That's the mentality people are expressing in here... and pushing very hard with this as well. (Personally, I drive a Jag... so don't start hating on me because I mentioned Honda now too..)

Different people, different locks of life, relate to different things. All because you can't relate, doesn't mean it's any less or deserves any less appreciation than what you enjoy. Your conceit isn't impressive, if it was--then people would listen to you, not argue back. That's the reality of our Western culture.

This isn't intended for everyone who posted in here... and not intended as a bash either. Just expressing my perspective... and as I said --- all because you may not share my perspective; don't bash... just accept that I look at things differently. If you have another perspective, I'd like to hear your view on this subject... and honestly---I'm willing to read what you say with an open mind.

+++ath0
NO CARRIER
blacky2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2002, 18:20   #83
Elementaluk

Send a message via Yahoo to Elementaluk
dude what i said on my website was an EXCUSE!! because i cant be bothered updating that section of the website anymore and anyway dont judge what i write on my website, no one gets a say on my website apart from me :d

Well I think everyone's said what they gotta say and...really no one's opinions have changed, no one has an open mind! (yes including me) guess everyone is just a little too argumentative to even give a second thought about anyone else's point of view...and no i didn't come to this conclusion because of this thread.

damn!...is that enough english for ya?
Elementaluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2002, 21:32   #84
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

We will put your bad English down to the fact you are Scottish. You can go into the unsorted freaks corner with zootm and Ethan
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2002, 13:54   #85
excracked

Quote:
Originally posted by Bilbo Baggins
We will put your bad English down to the fact you are Scottish. You can go into the unsorted freaks corner with zootm and Ethan

LOL

"You eat stuff you find in the catbox, you degenerate, pustule sucking, llama jumping, aberrant promulgator of an entomologist with carnal knowledge of cockroaches."

Abuse'o'Tron
[img]http://excracked.***********/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures//esig.png[/img]
PhotoBlitz
Entmoot
Foggy Racing
excracked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2002, 16:37   #86
kinson

Send a message via ICQ to kinson Send a message via AIM to kinson
Re: Eminem @ it again

Quote:
Originally posted by Elementaluk
I hate the arses that copy or download eminem's album because i think he's the only music artist that deserves every penny for his music but as for all the pop lovers download music as much as you can try not to pay for it as cardboard cut out stars dont deserve sh*t.
Quote:
god dammit u little mother fu*kers if u aint got nothin nice ta say then dont say nothin.
Kinda...self contradicting don't you think....? ..Either that or I don't know the defination of "nice" and am gay...whichever works anyways

kinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2002, 19:17   #87
RyokoMocha

Send a message via AIM to RyokoMocha
I find it simply hilarious to see someone typing "aight". People sound stupid enough saying it, let alone typing it.
RyokoMocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2002, 21:00   #88
p.nut

i'm not so sure that M&M's new disc is copy protection free. that is, i notice it won't come up in MusicMatch. not that i'm an M&M fan, i'm just part of the mindless public who likes the "Without Me" single.
p.nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2002, 02:03   #89
slacker52

Send a message via AIM to slacker52
*people that listen to rap and nothing else are crap, me ill listen to all music exept pop music
*i like eminem, but not all his songs\parts of songs\skits
translation
*ppl dat lisin to nutin but rap sux, me like all but pop
*yo i like em, butnot all his shit

notice the length of each line
slacker52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2002, 03:33   #90
Namelessv1
Forum King

Quote:
i'm not so sure that M&M's new disc is copy protection free. that is, i notice it won't come up in MusicMatch. not that i'm an M&M fan, i'm just part of the mindless public who likes the "Without Me" single.
Maybe you should try Easy CD Ripper. It ripped a cd that was one of those "comes with special internet browser" music cds. I couldn't find the .cda files on it, but Easy CD Ripper did.
Namelessv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2002, 14:56   #91
Infinite_NuLL

i hate it when people type like how they talk in the real world with the slang and stupid spellings of words (such as aight and wif). as for the whole music thing....there is only one type of music that i listen to....i listen to what i like and nothing else. be it MnM, mozart or even britney spears if need be (although i dont like her music). a person taking pot shots at someone for what they like is just shooting blanks in my opinion.

*edit after scrolling up some i realized a missed post by someone else and i totally agree with you RyokoMocha

Last edited by Infinite_NuLL; 3rd June 2002 at 15:13.
Infinite_NuLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2002, 15:08   #92
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

Quote:
ElementalUK is a disgrace to the UK. He should be deported.
To France. They like scum.
No thanks. UK garbage should stay in the UK.
Twilightseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2002, 16:15   #93
Usual Suspect

Send a message via AIM to Usual Suspect
How right you are C2r
Usual Suspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2002, 19:15   #94
Usual Suspect

Someone give Kolbeinn a slice of cheese cake, he deserves it.

He speaks the truth
Old 3rd June 2002, 20:19   #95
p.nut

you know, if you think about it... "POP" (as in the genre that is normally used to describe the beatiful teen likes of Britney Spears and Christina Aguilara) is only short for "POPular" and if you stretch the logic, then for M&M to sell a couple platinum records, then by definition, he is himself "popular" and therefore a "POP" artist... only not nearly as damn sexy as the beforementioned (now, not-so-teen) divas.

btw, thanks for the easy cd ripper tip. i'll give it a shot.

p.nut
p.nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2002, 12:56   #96
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
You can go into the unsorted freaks corner with zootm and Ethan
vengeance is coming bilbo.

Old 4th June 2002, 13:03   #97
Bilbo Baggins

Awww, you know i was only jesting
Old 4th June 2002, 16:10   #98
slacker52

this thread reminds me of beavis and butthead
Old 4th June 2002, 20:56   #99
leman_northway

FEMINEM SUCKS

Shady records is a poor excuse for a record label. Eminem hasn't worked a day to get to where he is. If it wasn't for Dre he wouldn't even be half of what he is. The Insane Clown Posse worked to get to where they are. Which includes eminem being a former fan of the Posse untill he asked them to be at his show and ICP declined. Then he got pissy. THE WICKED CLOWNZ WILL NEVER DIE!!!!!!
leman_northway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2002, 21:48   #100
Usual Suspect

ICP were all High School drop outs ,leman_northway, yea im sure they worked really hard , especially in college. = /
Old 4th June 2002, 23:42   #101
CircusMusic

Send a message via ICQ to CircusMusic
I've never understood why they even try to put cd protection to keep them from being ripped from computers...
All thats required is a little adapter to hook up an amp to a sound card (in the mic slot).
It's a waste of time and money trying to protect them IMO
CircusMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2002, 01:54   #102
DJ ANTarctic

Send a message via ICQ to DJ ANTarctic
Vell in Germany ve have ice cream.

"I am not responsible for the mood I am in today. Please direct all complaints to Mr. William Gates." ............
If you can read this, email me: little_nicky_nz@hotmail.com
DJ ANTarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2002, 05:46   #103
SNYder
Forum King

review of the album...

http://www.rollingstone.com/recordin...sp?aid=2044096
SNYder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2002, 02:50   #104
bobbarley

Elementaluk and Eminem

Elementaluk please grow up and learn to get along with your other Scottish homies. You, along with your hero Marshall Bruce Mathers III (good Scot name), have the I.Q. of a steaming pile of Haggis. Robby Burns could rap better. Do yourself a favour (English spelling) and learn about the country you come from. What the hell does U.S. hip hop have to do with your idendity of reality? Get a hobby. Learn Gaelic. Actually, learn the Queens English first.

For everyone else besides Elementaluk, go to http://www.eminem.com/
it's actually a nice site.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fb.jpg (1.8 KB, 196 views)
bobbarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2002, 12:20   #105
zootm
Forum King

dude, nobody knows gaelic.

the only thing i know is that in gaelic, bob the builder has the same name as me, and i can sing the theme to "dragan sguel" (dragon tales, tranlated to gaelic). bloody annoying though...

Old 24th June 2002, 23:51   #106
darrenforster99

Send a message via ICQ to darrenforster99 Send a message via AIM to darrenforster99
Eminem is a very clever guy.

He might not seem very clever with all his offensive language, but the lyrics in his songs are very clever.

It really does take a lot to go from the backstreets, to one of the worlds largest rappers.

I bet you if I wrote a rap with loads of swearing in it and tried to get on TOTP with it I wouldn't even make number 40 with it, The KLF proved this when they released Fuck The Millennium which only made number 35.

It really does take a lot more work than just walking on stage and swearing to hit number 1. The KLF had numerous number 1s and yet they couldn't get a number one by going on stage and shouting Fuck The Millennium repeatedly. Neither did Fat Boy Slim's Fucking In Heaven track get anywhere.

Eminem has something a lot more different than just swearing. It's his whole style which takes a lot of work to maintain that gets him to hit the top spots.

I respect most people that start life in lower class and manage to break through the barrier and end up in the higher class area, that is something that is very hard to do. Very few people manage to start off in lower class families and make it to mass stardom. Eminem must have really worked hard to get there, not just swear. I could walk through Warrington saying as many obscenities as possible and proberbly have more chance of getting arrested than ending up as an international star because I've walked through town swearing. There is a lot more there to Eminem than just swearing.

As for the idiot who said they downloaded the tracks and they were all repeated choruses - that's 'cos you got the white label demo tracks before the album was due out. That's just for stations to get an idea of what the new album will sound like. If you check now, you'll find that there are alot more full songs with some very clever lyrics.

"Never been the type to bend or budge, the wrong button to push, no friend of Bush
I'm the centerpiece, you're a Maltese. I'm a pitbull off his leash, all this peace talk can cease
All these people I had to leave in limbo, I'm back now, I've come to release this info
I'll be brief and let me just keep shit simple, can-a-bitch don't want no beef with Slim? Noooo!
Not even on my radar, so won't you please jump off my dick, lay off and stay off
and follow me as I put these crayons to chaos from séance to séance, aw-a-aw-sh-a-aw

C'mon now, let's all get on down, let's do-si-do now, we gon' have a good ol' time
Don't be scared, cus there ain't nothin' to worry 'bout, let your hair down, and square dance with me!"

Does that honestly sound like a repetitive song, I heard the Demo tapes that your on about and the just have the "C'mon now, let's all get on down" bit repeated.
darrenforster99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2002, 23:54   #107
Bilbo Baggins

Quote:
Originally posted by zootm
dude, nobody knows gaelic.

the only thing i know is that in gaelic, bob the builder has the same name as me, and i can sing the theme to "dragan sguel" (dragon tales, tranlated to gaelic). bloody annoying though...
Ethan can speak Gaelic Irish, and i am a willing learner, but no-one in England wants to teach.
Old 25th June 2002, 18:21   #108
slacker52

Re: Eminem @ it again

Quote:
Yo Slim's new album ain't got that copy protect sh*t on it cause i bought it on monday and it went on my computer no problem.
strange, its not on mine either. but my coworker has a copy with the protection on it, whats going on
Old 26th June 2002, 10:51   #109
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Ethan can speak Gaelic Irish, and i am a willing learner, but no-one in England wants to teach.
that's different... lol...

nah, very few people in the area of scotland im in speak gaelic, it's restricted to further off areas mainly. i've never heard it spoken in public (or other than on tv, for that matter)

Quote:
It really does take a lot more work than just walking on stage and swearing to hit number 1. The KLF had numerous number 1s and yet they couldn't get a number one by going on stage and shouting Fuck The Millennium repeatedly. Neither did Fat Boy Slim's Fucking In Heaven track get anywhere.
you make a good point, but i think the fatboy slim example should be discounted because 1) it was just a sample, and a good song anyway 2) it wasn't released as a single, so it had very little chance of getting anywhere...

Old 26th June 2002, 16:23   #110
Bilbo Baggins

I never posted that second quote.
Old 10th September 2002, 15:06   #111
Banjo

gaelic is a dying language, no question, but there are still schools around here that force it upon the pupils, luckily the one i went to wasn't one of them.
Banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2002, 15:11   #112
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
I never posted that second quote.
i knew i would do that - too late to edit it now though, sorry.

everyone, the second quote was posted by darrenforster99.

i apologise again, i cut and pasted the quote code and forgot to change it

Old 10th September 2002, 15:13   #113
Banjo

Where abouts in Scotland are you?
Old 10th September 2002, 21:19   #114
zootm
Forum King

i think this topic's already a little off-topic, so i'll answer here - i'm from fife (kirkcaldy), but i'm currently at uni in edinburgh. i see you are from inverness. you don't know a guy called steve who plays drums do you?

Old 10th September 2002, 22:18   #115
Signal Box

Quote:
Originally posted by darrenforster99
Eminem is a very clever guy.

He might not seem very clever with all his offensive language, but the lyrics in his songs are very clever.

It really does take a lot to go from the backstreets, to one of the worlds largest rappers.

I bet you if I wrote a rap with loads of swearing in it and tried to get on TOTP with it I wouldn't even make number 40 with it, The KLF proved this when they released Fuck The Millennium which only made number 35.

Eminem has something a lot more different than just swearing. It's his whole style which takes a lot of work to maintain that gets him to hit the top spots.

I respect most people that start life in lower class and manage to break through the barrier and end up in the higher class area, that is something that is very hard to do. Very few people manage to start off in lower class families and make it to mass stardom. Eminem must have really worked hard to get there, not just swear. I could walk through Warrington saying as many obscenities as possible and proberbly have more chance of getting arrested than ending up as an international star because I've walked through town swearing. There is a lot more there to Eminem than just swearing.

As for the idiot who said they downloaded the tracks and they were all repeated choruses - that's 'cos you got the white label demo tracks before the album was due out. That's just for stations to get an idea of what the new album will sound like. If you check now, you'll find that there are alot more full songs with some very clever lyrics.

"Never been the type to bend or budge, the wrong button to push, no friend of Bush
I'm the centerpiece, you're a Maltese. I'm a pitbull off his leash, all this peace talk can cease
All these people I had to leave in limbo, I'm back now, I've come to release this info
I'll be brief and let me just keep shit simple, can-a-bitch don't want no beef with Slim? Noooo!
Not even on my radar, so won't you please jump off my dick, lay off and stay off
and follow me as I put these crayons to chaos from séance to séance, aw-a-aw-sh-a-aw

C'mon now, let's all get on down, let's do-si-do now, we gon' have a good ol' time
Don't be scared, cus there ain't nothin' to worry 'bout, let your hair down, and square dance with me!"

Does that honestly sound like a repetitive song, I heard the Demo tapes that your on about and the just have the "C'mon now, let's all get on down" bit repeated.
I totally agree with you. Eminem is the only rapper out there who tells a story that is so intriguing to me. Many people hear him and toss him away as a guy who likes to swear.

By becoming a rapper, he broke the racial barrier that was holder of only black rappers. I have to admit, when the black rappers release an album, it's the same stuff. Life in 'da ghetto, the b!tches and the money and all that stuff. I still like it though...

-Signal Box-
Signal Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2002, 02:24   #116
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
Quote:
aight yo 1 slim has his own record company (Shady Records) so that 80% label is bullsh*t.
aftermath/shady/interscope to be exzact. doesn't much sound like his own

Quote:

and btw dont dis the album until u've listened to it.
did, it sux. my mommy hates me. my wife left me. give me money. ahh, i bet his 10 miliion $ house makes him feel better.

Quote:
and all in all yall sound like a bunch o morons that dont know good music when they hear it but thats u's think and i guess everyone's entitled to there own say but it sounds like yall prefer cardboard to talent and skill
good music = mudvayne, newfound glory, green day, flaw, the vines, the white stripes, the hives, trust company, linkin park. I think we are all tied of "my mommy hates me" "lets bling bling and roll on our dubs w/ our bitches and hos". I know i am.
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2002, 22:42   #117
whatboy

Beethoven , mozart......in the words of Dr.Evil RIGHTTTTTTTTTT. Think I rather listen to nysnc then some old dead guy who cant hear. Not defending anytype of music but classic is not the way to go unless your 70
whatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2002, 23:45   #118
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
makes sence...

can't spell cRAP without RAP.

end of post.
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2002, 12:37   #119
Banjo

just incase you forgot, i don't like eminem either, but that doesn't mean i don't like rap/hip-hop; you imply that rap is crap, yet you listen to linkin park, and as for the likes of the white stripes, sure, they don't rap, but they sure as hell can't sing.

oh, and while you're telling people how to spell, you might want to know that it's 'sense', not 'sence'.
Old 12th September 2002, 16:04   #120
SNYder
Forum King

Banjo. Who's the lady in your avatar? /me wants
SNYder is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News