Old 31st December 2002, 18:44   #1
dalirasta

Odd pausing of music

Runnin win2kpro and i have lots of ram and a sweet audio and video card. So i am tryin to find out if the ceasing of music is a milkdrops bug or a system problem. After playin music for a while in milkdrops full screen with everything maxed (45fps), randomly the music will pause. It doesnt pause as the button is depressed but rather as a "lock-up". While the music pauses, oddly enough milkdrops is still running instead of stopping. I can restart the song and milkdrops again with no problems, as i said previous its a random thing . I would appreciate some feed back as to any advise anyone can impart. Ty
dalirasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2003, 00:25   #2
CeLL21633

Send a message via ICQ to CeLL21633 Send a message via AIM to CeLL21633 Send a message via Yahoo to CeLL21633
Priority

try turning ur visualization priority down until the music
stops skipping. most likely MD is stealing too much cpu time
from winamp's mp3 decoder. i had to set mine down to one notch
below normal.

CeLL21633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2003, 05:44   #3
dalirasta

TY. But it is more of a stop of music, I will try tho regardless 8). BTW all of us techies seem to think its the GeF4 overheatin maybe. But it doesnt lock all video that is the prob. Oh well ty much.
dalirasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Troubleshooting Forum