Old 23rd May 2004, 05:55   #1
Naxos

How about an A B loop?

An A B loop is a loop where you press a button to define the A point, after some time you press a button to define the B point and the player then plays the song between points A and B.

This is very useful for guitar players, bass players, etc, and all people who are trying to learn how to play or sing a song by repeating a certain section until it is learned.

Having most (if not all) of our music now in mp3 files, and Winamp being the best player around, this function will be very useful to a lot of people.

This feature could be done only with keyboard shortcuts (one for the A point, one for the B and one to clear the loop) to avoid cluttering up the user interface and this way it would work with all skins.

Thanks for listening.
Naxos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2004, 11:17   #2
electricmime
Major Dude

http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=30749

and im sure there are others.. but thats the first one that showed up with "loop" (note: i dont want this feature, so i didnt test it)

i dont think enough people would want it or use it to add it as a feature though

There is no reset button on life... but the graphics kick ass
electricmime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2004, 13:08   #3
DrO

an A B loop would be nice with global hotkeys and the like to work it since many a time i've gone to listen to my answerphone messages and want to catch the phone number...

/me ponders the idea...

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2004, 15:13   #4
Naxos

Quote:
Originally posted by electricmime
http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=30749
Fantastic! I thought I had looked... but my brain was on vacation - it's back now. Thanks!
Old 23rd May 2004, 16:39   #5
Naxos

.... and if anyone can get either Loop Master or A-B Repeater to work with Winamp 5 please let us know how.

Loop Master installs but doesn't show up in the plugins list and AB Repeater shows up (in Visualization) but nothing happens after Start.
Old 23rd May 2004, 17:18   #6
ujay
Forum King

Loop Master works o.k.

Make sure they are installed to the .../Winamp/Plugins/ folder.

Probably just needs a restart.

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2004, 17:27   #7
Naxos

Thanks ujay!

Now I know where another plugin went that I couldn't find after installing...
Old 23rd May 2004, 18:48   #8
JonnyMac

A-B repeater does not work with modern skins, try a classic skin.
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2004, 10:04   #9
Paparazzi

Certainly seems to a very sensible idea .... specially as being a natural extension of the repeat button. Repeat a playlist, Repeat a song & Repeat within a portion of the song.

The Loopmaster definetly does the job well. My only problem with it is that it keeps getting in the way. There is no way to mininmize or close it. Would be nice if it could be closed and brought up only when required. Would also be good if the points A & B could be set up initially by clicking on the seeker or something to that effect.

Would be even greater if DrO could poke his nose in (what with him already having hinted at it)

Cheers
Paparazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2004, 12:07   #10
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by Paparazzi
Would be even greater if DrO could poke his nose in (what with him already having hinted at it)
poke my nose in?!?! me, never i am tempted to do this, it's just time since i'm busy with work at the moment. i want it since i want to be able to do it with global hotkeys

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist