Old 29th November 2005, 19:16   #1
KenseidenXL

Send a message via Yahoo to KenseidenXL
Winamp crashes

I started a plugin called BrokeN. When I started it, it tried to radically alter my display settngs. After I called up the Task Manager to close WinAmp, I reloaded it, only now, every time I try to access the Preferences menus, the program crashes. If I can't fix this, I'm simply going to unisntall the lot and go back to using WMP.

I found the plugin on your site: http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=55816
KenseidenXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2005, 19:43   #2
DrO

i've just tried it myself and it forces the display to 640*480 vga) which will cause other windows, etc to move around. basically there's not much that can be done since it's a hard-coded feature of that plugin and i doubt anything will ever be fixed for it seeing as it's so old (author's website is gone now as well). have to say though that the screen resizing is quite vicious since it forces a lot of my program windows onto my second monitor (which i've not seen anything else do before )

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2005, 20:09   #3
KenseidenXL

Send a message via Yahoo to KenseidenXL
re

Well, I had to do a reboot to remove a program and then reboot again, and that SEEMS to have cleared up the problem. I'm just going to dump the bloody plugin.
KenseidenXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support