Old 21st June 2015, 00:13   #1
scaryface87

Creating more the one stream on the same shoutcast server

Hello ,

I would like to add more then one stream to the shoutcast server,
How am i able to make more then one stream on it?
scaryface87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2015, 00:16   #2
DrO

use the v2.x DNAS and connect additional sources to it as needed for each additional stream. which if using older source software you'll need to follow http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcas...t#How_To_Do_It or you just set the 'stream id' in the source if it's able to connect using the newer v2.x source protocol.

additionally, the DNAS in it's admin page, has a 'source details' page which shows what passwords need to be used for each stream if you don't know how to determine it. but the key thing is to be using a current DNAS server that supports multiple streams and multiple sources irrespective of the source protocol being used (which is not at all possible to do with the unsupported v1.x DNAS).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2015, 00:23   #3
scaryface87

Hm i dont rlly get it , so u mean i need to install another version then SHOUTcast Server v2.4.7.256 (this is the one im using atm)
Old 21st June 2015, 00:33   #4
DrO

if that's what you've got installed then you're already using a DNAS that supports multiple streams. as I had no information to know what you were using, that is why I commented that you needed to ensure you're using a current v2 DNAS if you weren't already.
Old 21st June 2015, 00:35   #5
scaryface87

Ah ok , but now i still dont understund how to add multiple streams
Excuse me for not understunding what i should do to get it working
Old 21st June 2015, 00:36   #6
DrO

unless you create additional streams to feed the DNAS then it will not provide additional streams of existing content already being broadcast via the DNAS. if that's what you're looking for i.e. have it automatically create a lower bitrate version of the first stream, then that is not going to happen as the DNAS just provide what is fed to it - it doesn't have the means to create additional copies of streams in different formats.

so you need to connect additional sources (like you're already using to create the first stream) for the additional stream mount points that you want to provide.
Old 21st June 2015, 00:38   #7
scaryface87

Im just looking to get 2 streams(i got currently one but idk how to add another one) on the server.
So that for example human 1 can stream on hes "radio" and human 2 on the other radio

and ah ok!

thanks
Old 21st June 2015, 00:52   #8
DrO

you just have to connect the other one as per the link / info in my first reply i.e. you set it to connect on stream #2 either by setting stream id as #2 in the source or by using the specific password if what is being used doesn't directly support the means to set stream id as #2.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions